Any general (Calisthenics) workout advice for this underweight 19yo, Jow Forums?

Any general (Calisthenics) workout advice for this underweight 19yo, Jow Forums?

Attached: 100_liegestütze-1024x683.jpg (1024x683, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g-7ZWPCWv0U
youtube.com/watch?v=flQVCWBuVgk
youtube.com/watch?v=GdISLQcG8BA
youtube.com/watch?v=tB3X4TjTIes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah... don’t and go lift some heavy barbells

This tbqh senpai

why is it always fpbp

pure Jow Forums magic

Eat more and lift weights. Leave calisthenics as an accessory exercise

So the thing is I've never done any sports/ workouts like ever in my life so I am really skinny and weak. I'm beating depression and I want to at least get to average muscle mass for confidence and for my partner. I have no clue which program to do since I'm so weak and never done any workouts. I do however want to start doing calisthenics (recommended in the book Convict Coditioning).

I realize it's a broad question but I'm super clueless so any advice is appreciated

No you dont. Calisthenics wont make you strong. You need to do heavy lifting first.

Pick one of the green programs, literally any of them. I recommend the starting aesthetics one. Keep to it, focus on increasing your weight not on looking good/wasting time on accessories.

Attached: 1511951199567.png (2143x1912, 768K)

Eat.

So would you recommend to lift first to build basic strength and then to do calisthenics afterwards (for a more natural workout/ lesser risk of injuries)?

If you want some good Calisthenic youtubers, check out Calisthenics movement, and fitness faqs. those two channels alone have great content if you're interested. You can build muscle mass and strength with calisthenics, it just takes some time, and increasingly more difficult exercises. (Ex. regular push ups, then archer push ups, then one arm pushups).
You can do it :)

Thanks a lot for the recommendation, user. I'll check them out.

Do them as an addition to barbell training. E.g. chinups and pushups.

Thread

fpbp. Don't fall for the calisthenics meme user. Your just waiting your time and depriving yourself of real gains.

I was going to make a new thread but I see this one exists...

Is there actually any benefit to doing calisthenics? I'm doing a lifting routine where I lift heavy weight 5 - 7 times a week. I think about doing some calisthenics in there, but is there even a point? When I try to work my core, I'm doing like almost 80 weighted crunches before I really start to feel anything.

Hey op, you can reach a really good level of skills and looks following the recommended routine of Jow Forumsbwf on Reddit.
Plus, it's very well written so you are not gonna have a hard time understanding it.

no you cant bwf is meme, especially if you are not a manlet.

youtube.com/watch?v=g-7ZWPCWv0U
stay out of eating/drinking anything anything high fructose... in general... for the rest of your life
keep exercising regularly for 3 weeks to make it a habit, even if it would be just push-ups+crunches+squats+whatever for 5 minutes few times in day
recently someone posted this guy and he has some introduction vids on basic exercises with iterative difficulty (warning it takes him forever to get to the point)
youtube.com/watch?v=flQVCWBuVgk
youtube.com/watch?v=GdISLQcG8BA
youtube.com/watch?v=tB3X4TjTIes

>Is there actually any benefit to doing calisthenics
for me personally because nearest gym is 30mins away and is freaking expensive, anything with minimal equipment or easy to diy has some audience

Eat more, do tons of volume on pushups, air squats and pull-ups, then get into weightlifting

if you want to be big with calisthenics only, expect more than 2 years of doing shit, and when i say big i think of athletic mode something like pic related. Do horizontal push, vertical push, horizontal pull and vertikal pull, if you do just pushups and pullups it could fuck up your shoulders. For growth i have found that increased volume works for me, lets say for example, i do 7-8 series of one-legged squats 5 reps, and whenever i workout i try to make one more. You will never be that big like some1 who goes to the gym and if u stay here you will develop MD and start to go to the gym and write commentars like this guy

pic related for this post

Attached: 55epghr0om8z2fn9.jpg (280x415, 35K)

My bench press sucks and I’ve been sick for a few weeks without the gym. I’ve been doing push-ups all the time since and I’ve seen chest and tricep gains. But this is only because my body weight % that’s used in a push up is as much as I bench on average.

get yourself a copy of Mark Lauren's book you are your own gym. that was what got me started on this. eat enough when you are skinny, stop eating when you are a fatass. 1g protein per 1kg lean body mass is a meme, don't fall for it.

people on this board are delusional, everybody is taking here like they are made to be the next Arnold. don't compare yourself to an unrealistic image, youll develop body dismorphia like the other bitter faggots on this board.