Are squats necessary for being Jow Forums?

Are squats necessary for being Jow Forums?

Bonus : why don't more of you do the much more effective trap bar deads over regular deads? (Ego thing?)

Attached: F096CCB6-BF47-4C45-8A6B-D3360540D87F.jpg (1242x977, 599K)

Not necessary but very useful for most people.
My gym doesn't have a trap bar sadly

No, squats are a meme, nobody in the real world (i.e. outside of Jow Forums) cares about your legs and 99.99% of people won't notice if you train legs or not.
A lot of people do trap bar deads, not all gyms have trap bars though.

my girl told me my legs are getting way too big so I've chilled with the squats. but definitely do trap bar over conventional meme dead lifts lol.

And why do you care so much about what other people think? With small legs you are weak. Strong legs are essential if you don't want to be a twink.

That picture is fucking stupid...I'm 5'9 and would tower over a 5'3" girl. Even while she's in heels. There is nothing a guy that's 6'3 or whatever could offer there more than what I could offer her. Fucking shameless WHORES!

>(Ego thing?)
Meme thing.

>With small legs you are weak
Tell that to gymnasts.

>Tell that to gymnasts.
Well im obviously talking about lifting. No person that is actually strong when it comes to weightlifting has tiny, untrained legs. What just annoys me is that people pretend that legs are just an accessory to their body but they make up a huge part of your body image. Also having strong legs is just more useful in general and squats are the best exercise for it.

>watch video of pro squatter squatting 600 lbs
>mom asks why his legs (calves) are so skinny
Quads are completely invisible to the non lifting community

>Quads are completely invisible to the non lifting community
Sad truth. But you can mire them yourself at least.

What’s with you fags trying to shit on the second most complete exercise behind deadlifts?
Squats should be as integral to your exercise regimen as cardio ;)

I stopped going heavy on squats because my legs simply got way too big. Couldn't fit into any of my pants. So i stopped. Massive legs are for faggots

>And why do you care so much about what other people think?
>Strong legs are essential if you don't want to be [socially undesirable label].
How do you not swallow your own tongue?

>implying someone has to call you a twink before you are one
If you are weak then you should notice it yourself and be unhappy with yourself and not only change your ways because someone else doesn't like you.

if you can't squat and deadlift heavy, it doesn't matter what you look like, you're not Jow Forums

fitness is about more than having pecs and traps to attract girls

There is a dude at my gym that can squat and dead over 5 plates but can do more than 3 pull ups

.is he fit?

>if someone can't do x, they're not fit
>this must mean that if someone can do x and only x, they must be fit

Attached: 1524347978751.png (333x312, 40K)

>you should
>be unhappy with yourself
thanks, omnipresent omniscient omnipotent being
I would like to ask you how you tie your shoes in the morning, next; or do you just use slip-ons?

>I don't want you getting stronger and continuing in your self improvement
>Ok babe I'll stop
KEKED

Are you autistic?

What are you rambling about? Didn't know curlbros can get so defensive.

>legs bigger than 99% of jeans can fit and looking literally comical and retarded in appearance is classified as self improvement

Well I'll be dammed.

my goal is to get to 3 plate squat 3x8 and not progress beyond that. i hate doing squats and i don't place a lot of emphasis on legs... but i still want somewhat muscular legs.

same with deads. they do fuck all for aesthetics. i want to reach 3.5 plate deadlift for 5 reps and just maintain that. fuck going beyond that.

I don't believe your legs are that large.

Plus there's a natural limit where you just can't gain more size. They're not going to just grow indefinitely

>I want to stop getting stronger at a specific point

>why don't more of you do the much more effective trap bar deads over regular deads? (Ego thing?)
>why don't more of you do the much more effective dumbbell lateral raises over regular barbell curls? (Ego thing?)

>t. Curlbro who has no clue about proportions and can only imagine training arms only or legs only

Sorry, I didn't use brackets that time. Let me expand on and for your retardation.
>If you are [subjectively undesirable state] then [foreign entity (governed by a unique set of circumstances)] should notice it [foreign entity]self and be [subjectively undesirable state] with [foreign entity] self and not only change [foreign entity] ways because someone else doesn't like [foreign entity].

>t. Fat ass that somehow could squat 350 pounds but can't pull up his own weight
:(

Im not the one you replied to before.

yes, that's what i meant to say. glad you could understand.

Are you actually braindead? The OP asked if if Squats are necessary. And they are if you don't want to be weak, it's that simple. But continue to cope and never train legs because girls could find that weird.

They're a staple exercise. But FAR from necessary.

t. Lifting for 15 years now

Attached: 32613847-3999-452B-B14B-7F00B57BE6F9.png (381x353, 36K)

You can build your legs with other exercises too thats for sure. I feel like squats are the best thing to do since they work so many muscles and improve strength. I wouldn't want to miss them but thats my opinion. But when you look at strength athletes then i would say all of them do squats.

>The OP asked if if Squats are necessary.
You really not seeing how you're the idiot, here?
That's impressive. I've already laid it out (two separate instances of idiocy that you're combining into one, by the way) for you and I really can't be any clearer without spoon-feeding you the answer. I'm not a fan of spoon-feeding. I am content to laugh at you, though.
Thanks for the lols. I hope you make it.

Conventional deadlifts are more effective at training the posterior chain than trap bar deadlifts.

>Are squats necessary for being Jow Forums?
you can do what ever the fuck you wanna do...IMO joocy legs look sexy as fuarkk

If you aren't squatting heavy high bar ATG on the reg, then you ain't liftin'

>no one in the real world cares about legs

if you have a huge upper body and walk around in shorts with sticky legs, yes, they will laugh at you

one time when i was wearing swimming shorts a girl told me that "any woman would kill for your legs"

so, i dunno. it might have been a mire. What did she mean by this?

>he thinks the real world is like Jow Forums

Attached: 1497117160688.jpg (648x762, 82K)

You are unironically gay.

>squats necessary

if all you want to do is get aesthetic for other men, no.

if you don't want to be a pussy faggot, then get to squatting.

I built pretty decent legs just doing hack squats and leg press. I hate doing standard barbell squats.

Attached: aqSpVLd.jpg (436x584, 109K)

Nice
Hands are a big red, are you okay?

>if you want to impress Jow Forums incels then your squat matters otherwise it doesn't
This guy is right

there's a turbo giganigga in my gym who only trains upper body and goes in basketball shorts. The girls make fun of him, and i have seen some pts doing it too.

You might not understand this, but there's a thing called proportions, and having a Hulk tier upper body and chicken legs will just make you unnatractive. I'm not saying to squat everyday, but at least do something for legs if you wanna go past otter

Heavy squats are better than sex

I have of course never had sex, but I bet squats feel better

How do you keep form on hack squat? i felt all the pressure on my knee and got scared of fucking up, so i stopped doing it

yea im good just been eatin cheetoes

All the girls want to fuck him and the PTs wish they were him, like how are you not understanding basic psychology and social life

Attached: 1523369940804.jpg (480x600, 18K)

does anyone here honestly think a WOMAN can accurately measure a man's height? women are absolute shit with numbers, lengths, distances. practical math is a man's skill. women equate six feet with "good." ever wonder why the cutoff is six feet and not five-foot-eleven or six-foot-one? it's just a nice round number. in reality if a woman sees an attractive man, she automatically assumes he is six foot even if he's only 5 10. she has no mental capacity to tell the difference in inches, she can only tell whether she's attracted to him. in that sense OPs pic is a tautology--she is unattracted to men under six feet only because she subconsciously assumes unattractive men are under six feet.

You telling me you see nothing wrong with this?

Attached: 13134353.jpg (630x320, 63K)

gotta listen to the boss right guys? haha

They can lol. If you're under 6' just become a trap.

Do you have very defined calves? That's about all they'd notice. They want "toned" legs.

>t. 175 cm "man"

>tfw ex-fatty with giga-calves
feels pretty good

That's cool keep thinking that. Girls like a guy with nice legs/butt though so you're missing out.
Big legs can help you lift heavy things at jobs too, or even people if necessary.

Girls like a guy with built legs but not massive retard legs.

Since leg muscles are are generally enormous compared to other muscle groups, shouldn't they be an especially effective group to train?

As in, they should be able to see strength improvements faster, burn many more calories, and effect hormones (GH, test, insulin) more effectively?

>training legs increases your HGH AND TEST bro

But... resistance training of any kind DOES increase test and GH, doesn't it?

Longer rests = is "optimal" for test
Shorter rests = is "optimal" for HGH

What, you think we lift for health or strength benefits around here?

Neat. And MRT is optimal for fat loss and insulin resistance.

But they all have a positive impact, amirite?

Guy on the left actually has huge legs

do you actually think people outside Jow Forums have no knowledge of fitness or interest in the human body? or peripheral vision or even the ability to look down? dont be retarded user, chicks love big asses, last time i was out with chick-friends they were ripping on this tanned jacked dude with chicken legs in skinny jeans.

you end up coming off as a faggot tryhard if your legs dont match your upper body.

no single lift is "necessary" outside of the autistic pseudo-powerlifting bubble of Jow Forums (where most people don't even look like the lift weights)