>Won't I be hungry?
Not after a few days
>Why not just limit calories?
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27
>Won't I go into starvation mode?
No. Only occurs at extremely low body fat
>Won't I lose muscle?
Not if you lift. Minimal even if you don't. Fasting boosts HGH
>How long will it take me to lose X lbs/kg?
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
*water weight not included
>Can I eat (something with calories)?
A: No
>Can I drink coffee or tea? Diet soda?
Coffee and tea are probably okay. Sweeteners are probably bad. This is debatable
>So only drink water?
For longer fasts, supplement electrolytes. When you feel bad, mix around 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp potassium chloride/citrate in water and sip it throughout the day. Adjust as needed. Headache=more salts. Watery shits=more water
>Where do I find potassium chloride/citrate?
Stores would have them where they keep the salt. Names include NoSalt, LoSalt, etc.
>Do I need a multivitamin?
Not unless you're going for a month+
>How long does it take to get into ketosis?
Everyone's different. Just stop eating

GLOSSARY
Autophagy: When your body eats useless cells (loose skin, scar tissue, etc). A benefit of fasting
Dry Fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, but it may speed up autophagy
Insulin: Hormone that regulates fat retention. Spiked by eating, especially carbs. Probably spiked by artificial sweeteners
Keto: Very low or zero carb diet that limits insulin and triggers ketosis.
Ketosis: When your body has used all of its carbs and starts using fat for fuel

Attached: freddygotfingered.gif (500x281, 1.96M)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Raz5BhY
healthline.com/nutrition/10-health-benefits-of-intermittent-fasting
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

RESOURCES
>FUNG LECTURES
youtube.com/watch?v=YpllomiDMX0
>THE BASICS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
>BENEFITS
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160
>CANCER
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI
>AUTOPHAGY
cell.com/cell-stem-cell/abstract/S1934-5909(14)00151-9
>HUNGER
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29105987
>MUSCLE
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803
>DISCORD
discord.gg/Raz5BhY

>when you are a fat fuck who will never make it
fast

HIDE /fast/ THREADS
REPORT /fast/ THREADS
DO NOT RESPOND TO /fast/ THREADS
IF YOU WANT TO BE A HEALTHY ADULT MALE WITH A FULL HEAD OF HAIR, DAILY FOOD INTAKE IS NECESSARY.
THESE THREADS ARE PSEUDOSCIENTIFIC BULLSHIT.

is snake juice with just 1/2tsp potassium fine?

nvm i'm brainlet

Adjust electrolytes according to your needs. Lightheaded/weak? More. Watery shits? Less.

You should add this article to the copy, cites 40+ scientific studies showing various benefits to fasting

/fat/ties mad as fuck about their sacred cow of 5+ meals a day being gored

You people ARE the fatties looking for a magic solution to your pathetic lifestyle

>NUH UH YOU'RE FAT, MAGIC ISN'T REAL
So you're autistic on top of being fat

Lel. Every person interested in fasting is a Fatass too lazy to exercise and eat healthy food

I'm 12% bodyfat and here for the autophagy. Shoo shoo back to your snacks.

Attached: my-pick-fat-dietitian-recommends-chocolate-bars.jpg (735x700, 133K)

this
although I'm more like 15%
but desu I sometime feel like I'm the only one lifting in the entire thread

How hard did you find it when you just got into fasting? I've managed to drop from 220lb to roughly 191lb this year so far and wanted to see what fasting could do for me. 5'5 manlet btw

We're definitely in the minority, the week-long fasts are not for us. I'm really enjoying fasting though, lifting + low carb + occasional 72 hour water fasts has been great.

It's easier than you think, especially if you're already fat adapted through low carb, IF, etc.

You’ll just fall right back into your old habits you lazy tub of lard. Look up the definition of sustainable

Gets easier as you go along, if you drink water when you're hungry and wait, hunger goes away

Standard dietary advice has a long-term success rate of 5%

Fasting can reverse type-two diabetes.

Reminder that fasting is unhealthy

Reminder to quit engaging with the bucket crabs trying to pull you down. You're gonna make it.

I usually fast 24h/week on my lisss day and I'm trying to do one week water fast when I deload
so far it has been pretty nice but I'm a little higher in bf so a one week fast doesn't make be break any muscle

Fasting is worse for you than smoking

stop samefagging, we can see the IP count you fucking retard

Intermittent fasting is just a pseud term for skipping breakfast. Most of the retards here are talking about not eating for days at a time which is objectively bad

>Most of the retards here are talking about not eating for days at a time which is objectively bad
Please cite some evidence that not eating for days at a time is objectively bad for a fat person to do

not eating for a couple of das is good
not eating for less than a week isn't bad
not eating for a greater amount of time isn't that bad if you aren't a retard and it has enough pros to balance the cons

Day 1 here, trying some experiments this time.
>keto
I ate strict keto for the last few days before starting, snake juice even when not thirsty
gonna focus not on thirst, but on hitting 2000mg of sodium and potassium each day
>evian water
last time I used cheap water, actually splurged this time on evian

> after 3 days of just drinking water the first thing i taste is saltwater

Attached: death.jpg (422x420, 41K)

All of you should gas yourselves.

Well that's rude.

you know who will get gassed first?
the weak willed fags

Yes, the weak willed faggots who give up on eating instead of just fixing their shit habits

>just fixing their shit habits
seewhen you have tried not to stuff your mouth for more than 12h you can come back talking about willpower

One doesn't stop the other. I use fasting as a way to change my vision of food, to change my gut and to cook one delicious meal that I've made.

Why do you have to hate on people bettering themselves? There's tons of people and shit for you to hate on the internet, why actually hate people that try to make it a better life for themselves?

Attached: crabmentality.jpg (709x698, 109K)

Holy fucking strawman
Enjoy your hair loss nigger

>Why do you have to hate on people bettering themselves?
isn't that obvious? jealousy, he couldn't do it so he's trying to stop others from doing it

Is doing a 72 hour fast every week a decent way to go about it?

Proof that fasting causes hair loss?

You will maximize your hunger that way

Past 3 days, the hunger goes away and 24-36 hours is intermittent enough to get a lot of the benefits without being difficult

Doesn't have proof, he's trying to justify not doing it to himself, not to you.

Losing a lot of weight quickly makes you lose hair, which comes back, I think? I am not sure.

I've experimented with longer fasts and honestly I didn't seem to hit the area where I was no longer hungry, it seems to be easier for me to set it to 72 hours and I don't feel like I get that much out of 24-36 I was doing OMAD and didn't lose as much as I am now.
Weight loss in general causes hair loss due to stress, take biotin when eating.

This thing called malnutrition

Jealous of what? That I lost weight and got fit without starving myself and instead by replacing shitty food with healthy food?

That people can make the same gains in months that took you years

Food for thought, has anyone tried taking their electrolytes straight instead of drinking them slowly in water?

Attached: image.jpg (960x720, 280K)

I lost my 25 pounds in 3 months without starving myself. It only takes years to get fit. You fat fucks disgust me.

Wtf ok I rotated it, this better work

Attached: image.jpg (960x720, 230K)

REEEE

Attached: image.jpg (720x960, 241K)

Continuing from last thread:

Been doing IF. usually 20:4 schedule.

I had been to the ER a few weeks back for the chest pain and dizziness. BP was elevated then but came down to perfect range (110/60) by the time I went to the follow-up appointment with cardiologist. the metabolic panel they ran there put my electro's in normal range.

But I believe that's just blood levels, not cell levels. So who knows.

tl;dr user has mysterious chest pain that comes and goes, thinks it's somehow stomach acid related as a result of fasting.

I ate a small handful of peppercorns on day 2 and some hot sauce on day 3. Is my fast fucked?

How much salt are you getting in those 4 hours? Are you doing low carb? IF, exercise, low carb, and many other things will cause a lot of sodium excretion. Dizziness and chest pain sounds like low electrolytes to me, that's the first thing I'd look at.

Anyone know a good place to get NoSalt or a good no sodium alternative in Canada?

Does chewing gum break the fast?

i enjoy penn's books and whatnot and am glad he didn't go full vegan . but that was not the point of my post . does anyone have any comments on the video ?

Attached: 1520828997971.jpg (540x720, 49K)

Probably. Most gum is sweetened with xylitol, a sugar alcohol that has caloric value (2.6 calories per gram) and a comparable impact on blood sugar.

I got mine at loblaws

There are some Loblaws-owned places nearby, ill try that. Thanks

That's what I assumed, just wanted confirmation. Thanks pal

just doing the IF. haven't been doing much of any exercise. last few days I've typically had a bacon egg and cheese sandwich with sauteed jalapeno rings; I don't measure it out but I do add some pink salt and NoSalt to this.

Note, I haven't had the dizziness for weeks. The only symptom I'm dealing with this is the non-specific chest pain.

I lost almost that amount in 3 weeks.
Stay mad faggot.
We're all gonna make it.

Attached: 20046857_1444350768952424_5582097836553643176_n.jpg (500x352, 20K)

Go get a coronary CT calcium scan, if your insurance won't pay its like $100 out of pocket. You can skip the guess work and see directly whether you have any blockages in your coronary arteries. You're on Jow Forums so you're probably young and fine, but the peace of mind might be nice.

Alright I just tried it, I threw 1/4tsp salt into my mouth and swallowed then chased it with water. This is actually much easier than snake juice since it's over in a second instead of sipping on ocean water slowly.

So, ER trip was march 27th. two weeks after that I had follow-up with cardiologist. he said BP was perfect, heart was overall strong. Good enough that he didn't even think it was worth it to order the cardiac stress test be done. He said the pain might have been inflammation of the sack surrounding the heart.

I'm still not convinced it isn't some sort of reflux. Idk, man. I'll probably get that CT calcium scan when I have a little extra cash. and yeah I'm 26, going on 27. But do have family history of heart attack/heart failure.

Did a hella great strength PPL split this week and I am gonna fast 2-5 days now but I want to make some gains or minimize losses
BCAA's or HMB any good? Or will that break fast

This is honestly not that hard wtf, day 1 I felt no hunger. Last night of day 2 I was really feeling hungry and had a headache but today 58 hrs in (10am) I'm not hungry at all. My only issues are how cold I've been feeling and general weakness during cardio which makes me tired faster.

Are the specific "re-feed" foods that ease your body in to eating again only required for prolonged fasts? I only plan to fast 5 days and eat on the 6th and 7th before starting another 5 day fast on Monday. If 5 days isn't a long enough fast to require "re-feeding" I intended to just have 1500 cal OMAD on the weekend days.

Just writing this all out because I don't want to get sick.

just drink snake juice and continue to lift on your fasted days and you wont lose muscle. when you're body is in the fasted state it starts breaking down tissues that it doesnt need, if you continue to push your muscles to the limit your body thinks it still needs that muscle so it doesnt break it down.

Ok serious question

Ive been thinking about using fasting as a way of doing mini recomps during a half lean bulk (aka dreamer bulk foods but I cant get fat even if I try) does anybody have any thoughts on or experience with this or something resemblant?
What I hope to achieve is to have less of that feeling of general bloat and also to take a break from feeling full constantly and maybe also some dat dere meme fasting benefits. And also to gain more strength and quality mass while adding less bodyfat
I was thinking about fasting maybe two days every other week, but thats just some numbers I pulled out my ass just now
PPL for strength and hypertrophy with lots of volume maybe 5-6 days a week on normal days and rest/cardio on fasting days
In my head all this sounds logical, the only thing Im aware of is maybe if there is something about eating a lot of carbs and then fasting and something something ketosis insulin idk. Maybe if I did one week carbs five days lowcarb two days fast. Or two weeks carbs one week lowcarb one week fasting. Man that would be hardcore. Maybe OMAD for the first two days or smth of week 4. Periodization in gym could also be made to fit nicely with this
Am I missing something?

Attached: 1515750247267.jpg (574x471, 163K)

Is this legit? It sounds like a broscience archetype
Do I just lift light every day Im fasting or what? Even if Im fasting for say 4-5 days?

>tfw sour grape ant-fast shillers shit up /fast/ threads like children
>tfw lost more weight in two weeks then they will this year on their shitty ass diet
also OMAD so miss me with that starvation and eating disorder shit.

Attached: 1524559355443.jpg (1440x1997, 360K)

DO NOT DO THIS
THIS IS HOW YOU GET A FUCKING ULCER

Link evidence please

>eating less food is magic

Really makes me think

I know this is a stupid post but I can't believe how amazing the human body works. Just finished at 48hr fast where my ketone test was showing large amounts, ate immediately after, took a piss, and damn, literally none at all afterwards. Fucking amazing. Better yet, I'm also not that hungry anymore and don't feel like eating more than one meal a day. This shit is magic niggas.

I don't understand how you get all your vitamins and minerals.

Early man is starving, there has been little food for days now, he needs to chase down an animal. Humans are long distance runners that at a time chased their prey until it became exhausted and collapsed.

The early humans whose bodies ate away muscle over fat or even muscle and fat at the same time did not have the strength to search for food or chase prey. They died, repeat this for a few hundred thousand years and those that remained were the descendants of those whose bodies consumed fat before muscle.

Why would a body store fat? It stores fat to consume when there is little food. Animals bodies evolved to store fat and consume it when there was a shortage of food. The issue is that we have reached a point where food is not only plentiful but most people don't need to work 6 months of a year ploughing fields by hand to survive.

Cute grill. What's she from?

Wether you should supplement vitamins or not, depends on the length of the fast.
Something which should always be supplemented are electrolytes (potassium and sodium) if you aim for medium to long fasts.
Also your body stores nutrients as adipose tissue isn't 100% fat, so short term fasting shouldn't be troublesome.

There are a number of performance-enhancing and muscle-sparing hormones like HGH that are secreted at much higher levels while fasting in order to preserve lean mass (as long as its being used). You should lift on a fast to preserve lean mass - if you're sedentary you will lose some muscle.

I do keto (mostly) and OMAD during the week. I'm trying to decide if its better to do Monday OMAD Tues Wed fast then Thurs Fri OMAD or to make Wed an OMAD day and Thur fast.

Close but not quite, losing fat starts an anabolic process and unfortunately for you ab faggots that means that it is going to affect all tissue not just fat. In other words when you lose fat you are also losing muscle. No matter what. We can adjust the ratio of fat to muscle loss by eating low fat and high protein diets but even then the best someone who isn't on steroids can achieve is about 3:7 muscle to fat loss. This process also applies to gaining muscle. If you have a low fat and high protein and high carb diet then its possible to gain 7:3 muscle to fat but even somebody who doesn't lift and just eats doritos will still be gaining about 3:7 muscle to fat.

I'm doing 48 hour fasts when every few days, the ideal would be time the fast so you eat the night before lifting.
Eating right before lifting will be detrimental because of blood sugar issues.

As far as results goes, I think I'm doing fine, I usually eat at larger surplus so the fast balances the extra calories.
The only thing that bothers is the water/weight fluctuation that happens after I resume eating, but what can we do.

Try PPLPPL-Fast-Fast-PPLPPL.
Also, no one can give you the right answer here, you kinda have to try and see what works the best for you.
For example, OMAD as pwo meal makes me bloat like crazy for some reason, I'd rather look lean than have some meme benefits from omad.

Also, if you're lean enough feel free to use EC and yohimbine on rest days while fasting, yohimbine works GREAT when fasting but you have to be lean enough to see any major benefit from it.

>That gif
What in nine levels of fuck

Attached: 1505772784253.jpg (738x1024, 81K)

What should I know about OMAD?
I'm liking the idea so far

Attached: 123.jpg (243x208, 16K)

lol fuck off cole

I'm starting my first over 1 day fast. Hope I don't fail. Target is 3 days, but 2 days will still be a milestone.

I don't even really need it, I just want to prove to myself I can do it mostly.

Idk but I prefer doing fasting later in the week, I do 48 hours every wed-thurs and IF on other days apart from friday and saturday

I went from 230 to 170 since Christmas by fasting. It gets super easy, and the results just feel like cheating. Stay mad fatty.

From the idmprogram.com website linked in OP:
>After all, who hasn’t tried to portion control strategy of weight loss. Does it work? Just about never. (...) But why doesn’t it work? For the same reason the contestants of The Biggest Loser could not keep their weight off – metabolic slowdown. (...)Their Resting Metabolic Rates (RMR), the energy needed to keep the heart pumping, the lungs breathing, your brain thinking, your kidneys detoxing etc., drops like a piano out of a 20 story building. Over six months, their basal metabolism dropped by an average of 789 calories. Simply stated, they burning 789 calories less per day every day.

SO, is calories in - calories out a meme after all?

76 hours in,9lba down

Thats 3lbs per day. When will I stop droping so much water weight?

>he hasn't seen Freddy Got Fingered
You are in for a serious treat

1/2 potassium is not enough if you have a physical job.
I've mixed 2 tbsp of ACV with 1/2 tsp sodium and 1/2 tsp potassium in a bottle of 750ml and I had some cramps on my legs in the afternoon.

That's what Dr. Fung says too. A calorie of one macro vs a calorie of another vs a calorie in one eating window vs a calorie in longer one will set off an entirely different chains of metabolic events

>fasting is magical
you aren't wrong there, bud.

Attached: c7442d998e52e03500ec22fc737c68c1.jpg (680x574, 29K)

The cramping is almost assuredly from low sodium, not potassium. 1/2tsp salt in a day while fasting isn't enough, I'd do at least 1.5tsp.

OMAD is 100% valid. >24 hour fasting and especially DRY fasting will drop your metabolic rate way harder than calorie restriction, increase stress hormones (hence all the hair loss quips), and leave you with low energy and brain fog constantly.
>But muh ketogenesis
Enjoy no gains due to low protein availability and CONSTANT brain fog.