Building your own equipment

Anybody do this? I'll be at my parents house this summer and kind of want to build some of my own shit. Is it hard? Will it break on me? See pic attached. I also want to build a pullup/dip station in their back yard.

Attached: ReverseHyper.jpg (640x480, 194K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cheJymRngnA
garagegymreviews.com/diy-outdoor-weightlifting-platform-rack/
garage-gyms.com/how-to-repair-upgrade-rebuild-your-spud-inc-pulley/
lowes.com/pd/Blue-Hawk-30-ft-Weldless-Vinyl-Coated-Steel-Cable/1000179199
youtube.com/watch?v=x2JM4weqpPY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How about you get a job and stop being a leech faggit

I'll have a job retard. In the summer between school years people move home...

What is your picture even supposed to be? ...leg extensions?

Attached: p27490823452983745.png (429x343, 190K)

I've built almost everything I use.
Reverse hyper, Newfriend.

What have you all built? Did you have experience with building things? I have literally none. It's more just something I want to try to do, they'll probably be shit.

I wish I had the skills to build something along the lines of a spud pulley system for my half rack and not have it fall apart and injure me.

I also want to build a loading pin, which is quite a bit easier, however I want it to be balanced so maybe not.

Also a wrist roller, although I ended up buying one instead because I'm useless

Attached: pulley.png (640x480, 248K)

Oh.

I guess making free weights wouldn't be particularly difficult, kettlebells and dumbells and such. Simplest and smartest version of this stuff I've seen was a guy who used a large canvas bag as a replacement for a barbell, he couldn't squat or go overhead with it, but everything you do that's deadlift-esque was possible. Deads, shrugs, bent over rows, and you can change the weight just by adding sand, dirt, or whatever you have around. Seemed like it did a good enough job.

Attached: thinkingemoji.png (225x225, 4K)

Power rack, concrete weights, metal weights, barbell, weight stand, and a few other odd and sods.

If you're looking to save a ton of money, and are otherwise not interested, it's not really worth it unless you already have the skills and tools. If you want to build stuff as a hobby, something that will help you build other things, something that will help you better understand the world around you and help save a bit of money than go for it.

I didn't have much experience with building anything when I started, but "once you understand the way, you see it in all things". I started small and have now poured concrete slabs and built a cabin. I practically taught myself how to do everything. I'm not saying that's realistic for most people, but there's nothing preventing anyone from doing nearly everything themselves, outside of them not wanting to build it because it is hard work.

Broom + dufflebag filled with sand
I reckon you could front/zercher squat with that, although not heavy

Also check out this guy as well. He's fucking insane and has built everything you can think of in terms of gym equipment. There's no limit to what you can do, even poor uneducated people in Africa have built homegyms.

youtube.com/watch?v=cheJymRngnA

Deadlift platform.
I think that's probably the most commonly homemade equipment

Get your shit together. There's no reason why you couldn't make any of those things. There is nothing worse than a man paralyzed by his own ideas of his uselessness. There's literally retarded people who have become good at making things by sheer practice.

Thank you man, I'm really just interested in trying to build things and I like to lift so I figured I'd try to build something I'd use.

I'd love to have something like this outside

garagegymreviews.com/diy-outdoor-weightlifting-platform-rack/

I would start with building concrete weights then. You make a mold using landscape edging, planter base, or something similar. Use cut PVC or ABS pipe in the middle of it for your barbell sleeve. You'll mix concrete to the right constancy and put it into the mold. I recommend you vibrate just after you put the concrete in. You can use anything that vibrates a whole lot against the side of the mold. You can watch videos of how to make these weights on Youtube. Wait at least a week before using them, they need to cure.

You'll save a fair amount of money using concrete weights, but they are not as durable as metal weights, so try not to drop them from height. Otherwise, they are still pretty strong. You can also reinforce the mold before you put the concrete in for added tensile strength.

It's about $6 for a 30kg bag of concrete, so 9 cents a pound plus your plastic pipe.

You're right, for sure, at least about the loading pin and wrist roller.
The cable system though... that could be dangerous if not done well.

Probably going to build a lifting platform.
Already drew up some plans.
Prefab ones are way too expensive for what they are, and I think even the most incompetent person could build one for themselves

>The cable system though
It depends, you could find weight ratings for most components. The wire is the only part of the system that is likely to fail catastrophically, just buy something with a good rating. Rated weight pulleys and carabiners are easy to find. I wonder if you could use climbing rope instead of cable. It would save you from terminating the ends with those little shackle clamps or whatever they are called.

I don't know what the cost would be versus something store bought, but almost everything you buy from the store isn't nearly as safe as you think. Chinese pot metal and shit made for the lowest cost, you're better off building stuff yourself if safety is an issue because you can overbuild it and understand how it can fuck up.

The spud system was replicated here. garage-gyms.com/how-to-repair-upgrade-rebuild-your-spud-inc-pulley/

You can buy the exact pulley the use for $13. Meaning you would only have to pick up the cable from Lowes or some similar place and whatever you want to attach it to the rack.

Something like this would be cheap for cable:
lowes.com/pd/Blue-Hawk-30-ft-Weldless-Vinyl-Coated-Steel-Cable/1000179199

let’s see them.

i wanted to make a pulley system in my rack but i've found very cheap pulldown + low cable plate loaded machine. Couple steel profiles locally welded + 2 attachments and cable. I won't have to mess around with the rack and it will be mounted to a wall always ready for action.

>I also want to build a loading pin
pipe + pipe flange, done

>wrist roller
in your case with half rack you can do this:
youtube.com/watch?v=x2JM4weqpPY

if you got full rack you can pop a pipe over your safety bar (if it's a bar and not this square thingy) and roll away

Attached: cb1eff66766ea1e851f16d9c9ea1ab21.jpg (300x455, 25K)

sexual torture device for some lewd times