Jow Forums memes you fell for

Jow Forums memes you fell for

>Compounds are enough for abs
>You have to deadlift to make gains
>Machines are evil and will destroy your gains
>Jow Forumsbodybuilding isn't better than Jow Forums for advice nowadays

Attached: 1473325439266.png (926x460, 732K)

the quality of information is better on Reddit nowadays. Jow Forums is fucking useless.
but Reddit people are such insufferable faggots it's not worth giving that site any traffic.

Compounds are enough for abs

You don't have to deadlift to make gains but you'll make better gains as pulling extremely heavy weight from the floor carries over to such things as getting heavy dumbbells into position for an incline dumbbell press.

Machines are evil in a sense that they will damage your tendons and joints in the long run, this is where most injuries develop. Thats how they destroy your gains. Machines can also pause your gains by the fact that you will be lifting the entire stack at one point and you will have no where to go after that, meanwhile your machine strength will not carry over to the free weights, so you will have to start from 0 again on free weights (where as free weight strength carries over to machines as seen by me repping 175lbs OHP with a barbell, being able to press the entire stack on the standing shoulder press machine for many reps despite never using it prior)

You shouldn't really just be taking advice here, you should read it (like my post) and then apply it to your own training, and seriously do it. Do not claim compounds do not build your abs if you have never done compound only training and then cut down to a low bodyfat (I have, and yes, you will have very well developed abs).

The reason information is mostly poor on here and most places on the internet is because the vast majority of those actively posting in these places are 1st or 2nd year lifters at the very most, still with not much experience and not enough time to actually implement or try things to actually really see how things really work.

I am retarded to even reply to this fucking bait, but i will do that for some people that actually need advice

>compunds are enough for abs
they are if you are actually using weight that can snap your back, you wont get a lot of core stimulation doing your squats with one plate or 2 plate deadlifts. The weight just isnt heavy enough and you can overpower the weight while barely using core muscles (case in point i could deadlift 2plate first day in the gym thanks to my long arms, while being extremely weak everywhere else)
I get slightly sore obliques and abdominis almost every session i do RDLs, heavy bent over rows or pause squats, especially obliques if i do something like one arm tbar row, because the twisting force is so intense
Once you get into 2x bodyweight deadlifts, and around 1.5x bodyweight squats and above, you just cant get away without core muscles being weak, you will collapse and wreck yourself.
With that being said theresn othing wrong with isolating your core muscles, shit wont affect your recovery in slightest, and will benefit you in long term.

>you have to deadlift to make gains
extremely dumb statement, you shouldnt believe any extreme statements to begin with and that applies to everything
BUT
Deadlifts will make your confidence skyrocket, and are great athletic movement that carries over to sports. Unlike your lat pulldowns and bicep curls
>implying Jow Forums does any sports

>machines are evil and will destroy your gains
its a TOOL in entire toolkit that you should have, use it, but dont only rely on them

>Jow Forumsbodybuilding yadda yadda
idk, im not a retarded redditor so cant give input on this one, unlike most of fit i dont give advice or opinions about shit i have no clue about

Attached: 1484693373659.png (500x590, 19K)

>looking for reviews of sheiko
>reddit comes up on google search
>some guy reviewed it
>he took his squat from 275 to 315
>this fucking onions boy ran Sheiko with a 275lb 1rm squat

Bugmen have infiltrated gym culture pretty hard.

The “compounds for abs/arms” is such a stupid meme. Are you afraid you’ll accidentally get big arms and strong abs if you isolate them? Lmao what a faggot

Jow Forumsbodybuilding is boring though

You don’t come to Jow Forums for fitness info, you come here for memes and to laugh at/empathize with incels

Why not both?

Attached: 1521948657029.png (1440x1490, 2.83M)

your core will get stronger just by squatting deadlifting rowing heavier, but I would say the one thing you can't get away with anymore when the weights get heavier is shit bracing.

people say abs get better through starting strength because you are supposed to contract them during pretty much every exercise

you probably arent because you dont focus enough on proper form.

Not being to fat is enough for abs provided you don have poverty genetics, typically obliques are what make or break it anyway. Too much and you have that wierd dieted powerlifter or bodybuilder who thought 3x p.week was good for obliques or you have none and look like a waffle cone

When it comes to physical development a few things correct 90% the rest is completely specific to the person. You can make an educated guess but you will never know for sure until you try it and explore its options

>The reason information is mostly poor on here and most places on the internet is because the vast majority of those actively posting in these places are 1st or 2nd year lifters at the very most, still with not much experience and not enough time to actually implement or try things to actually really see how things really work.

This so much especially here where people give suggestions intentionally to fuck them up

This is about some fucking loser power lifters shilling stupid shit to ignorant kids and new lifters.
Anyone with three braincells to rub together knows it's all fucking stupid bullshit and will laugh in the face of any imbecile who suggest anything so stupid.

>Compounds are enough for abs
>You dont need supps

100% correct

>the "SL/SS are a meme" meme

Most ab isolation exercises are horrible for your back in the long term.
I know you kids want to have a big 'ceps and nice abs, but focusing on big lifts and big muscles will lead to a great body.

I deadlift 550 and yes you need Ab and arm work

>what I expected
>Steroids and clen, steroids and good genetics (or steroids also)

Your fault not Jow Forums's

I disagree. As I approached a 300kg deadlift and 270kg squat, ab work became necessary to support core development, same with lower back work, otherwise my failing point was my core, and I would not risk another injury again.

Tbh m8 I pull 320kg and I still struggle to pick up 20kg dumbbells from the floor when I can't be arsed.

Machines are fucking great for when you're injured. They're also extra volume! I would much prefer 90% bench sets followed by machine accessory than say dumbbells. Heck, I got to a 180kg bench doing that.

Regarding abs - if you mean visible abs then yeah that's all diet.

You know you are gonna get pulled apart for that with no ciatation of who you are. And you info may be good and come from a good source but since you have to make up some complete bs to feel that it is validated info. So everyone immediate disregards you and your possibly viable info.

T.user praying that Jordan Peters posts here and it isnt that crazy fuck trenboyone

Jow Forumsfitness is not Jow Forumsbbing

Jow Forumsbodybuilding hates that type of shit and hates newfags