What's the dumbest thing anybody has ever told you about nutrition and/or fitness?

What's the dumbest thing anybody has ever told you about nutrition and/or fitness?

Mine would have to be
>vegetables are empty calories

Attached: 733251_700b.jpg (499x609, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/bananas-have-lots-of-sugar-but-that-doesnt-mean-you-should-avoid-them-2018-4
examine.com/nutrition/do-artificial-sweeteners-spike-insulin/
usapl.liftingdatabase.com/competitions-view?id=1664
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>try GOMAD, it's great.

I've got friends who claim to do keto but have cheat once or twice a week where they load up on carbs and look at me like I'm an idiot when I say the word ketosis. They're fatter than they were when they started.

people who commonly misunderstand the difference between sugar in fruit and sugar additives and therefore they warn not to eat fruit.

also people not understanding the difference between carbs and starches and saying to not eat carbs

Keto is a meme - Jow Forums

You have to slow break long fasts or you'll get tummy aches - Jow Forums

GOMAD is awesome - Jow Forums

This place has been trash for years.

fpbp

Fat makes you fat
Lifting will make you big (for girls) so don't do it
Cardio is the best way to burn fat
"They wouldn't sell pre-made food if it wasn't good for you. The government tests it."

>eat 12 meals a day if you want to increase your metabolism and lose weight

fruit has bad sugar, and should be eaten in moderation

if it's not glucose it will fuck up your liver

jesus christ. see what I mean?

Attached: disappointment.jpg (728x546, 40K)

There's no difference between diet soda and water - My 300lb science teacher

businessinsider.com/bananas-have-lots-of-sugar-but-that-doesnt-mean-you-should-avoid-them-2018-4

Explain the mechanism of action for what you stated. Why do you think what you said is true?

>losing weight is all about calories in vs calories out

>go ahead and fast you won't lose much muscle ;)

>fat makes you fat
this is what annoys me with foods. On the packaging it says low fat like that instantly makes it healthy, but it's loaded with sugar or sodium. Even candy will say fat free.

The corrallary being
>diet soda is worse for you then regular soda
T. 2 hamplaners ive known.

But there really isn’t. I’m 165lbs at 5’9 and for me it’s God’s gift. It’s the only thing I can drink aside from coffee when I’m out with my friends.

compounds to failure

its 0 calories but it spikes your insulin which slows down your metabolism which lowers the amount of calories your body burns in a day passively. so while your not actually adding calories your body is burning them slower.

That's nice and all but it's probably just a myth.
examine.com/nutrition/do-artificial-sweeteners-spike-insulin/

We're all gonna make it

but it is you uneducated idiot

>my body literally gains weight without me eating something

Yeah and the fuckin onion thing too. I used to see quality threads around here around 2013-2014. Used all the info and worked out while I was in the navy. Of course there was banter and threads that were funny but holy shit does no one read the sticky? What happened to the good old days of scoob? Ffs

They were right, vegetables have no nootrients. The only function they fulfill is to spike blood sugar and feed undesireable gut flora.

Attached: sv3rige.jpg (480x360, 48K)

It's not all about that but it's about 95% of it

it's gone. just be grateful you were there. I got my routine from fit, my diet, my technique. I got to know the name of almost every muscle just by browsing this board. I left my feels behind instead of piling them up.

Add this to the list of keto memes.

Fruit should be eaten in moderation (along with everything else). A lot of retards don't realize how many calories can be in something as small as an orange or banana.

Don't eat red meat.

alan thrall is strong
slow and controlled
deadlifts are dangerous

How the fuck is a 600lbs natty deadlift not strong?

>calories don't matter

Every single person that has told me that was obese.

I was at a birthday dinner and was talking to this guy across from me about his veganism.
I say how I in part agree with vegans because eating plant-based foods rather than using it to raise meat drastically reduces the amount of land required to yield a certain amount of energy.
He looks at me and goes "Uhh... it's actually more about about the scents in the foods."

The six meals shit turned out to be complete broscience based on nothing

600lbs at 250lb bw... dude thats not even 3x bodyweight. and after 15 years of training?!
What a pathetically weak fat sack of shit allan thrall (means slave in nordic)
There are fucking teenagers on youtube hitting 620 natty at 200lbs after 3-4 years of training.
Fuck theres is a guy at my gym who can deadlift 585 when he was 21.
Alan thrall can't even out bench Jason fucking Genova. He can't even bench 1.5x his bodyweight.
If thats your inspiration for lifting..........bro......

go look up lifting database to see the numbers that are actually strong
in boss of nor cal, alan came in 5th(for his weight class, like 15 overall).... WOW
usapl.liftingdatabase.com/competitions-view?id=1664
he was outfitted by people 20, 40 lbs less then hum

>uhh don't do a water fast are you fricking crazy ? You'll lose all your muscle and die

*conveniently ignore all studies which show GH increases of over 1000% while fasting *

>full body is for beginners

full body master race

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 6K)

the chad/virgin memes are funny tho

>bananas has shitton of fiber
still the same logic

>if it's not glucose it will fuck up your liver
reminder that lactose is technically sugar

I actually switch to full body after it took me forever to achieve a 120 kg bench, a 140 kg squat and a 190 kg deadlift (train since 3 years). I only trained 3 times a week, one day breast and arms, the next day legs and then the following day back. I want to become a huge mofo everyone is scared to fuck with.