How do I avoid pic related after losing weight? I am 230 lbs, 6'0" and want to lose maybe 70 lbs...

How do I avoid pic related after losing weight? I am 230 lbs, 6'0" and want to lose maybe 70 lbs, is that a large enough weight loss to cause this?

Attached: Avoiding-loose-skin-after-weight-loss.jpg (793x513, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

coach.nine.com.au/2016/04/06/17/01/the-mystery-behind-the-207kg-scotsman-who-fasted-for-over-a-year
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if you've reached a certain threshold of body mass you will have loose skin. period

230 lbs for 6 feet ?
You'll be fine, I was 242 lbs for 5'11", no loose skin so far.

Bruh, you'd need to be like 400+ to have it that bad

It depends on how elastic your skin is. I've seen people lose more than that and not have a ton of loose skin. David Goggins comes to mind.

But if you have stretch marks, I think you'll have loose skin. Stretch marks are a sign your skin wasn't elastic enough to accommodate your weight gain and your skin is basically just kinda fucked after that.

With that said, what is your alternative? Staying a fat piece of shit for the rest of your life? Fuck that. Just lose the weight and go from there. You can always get surgery if it's really, really bad but I don't think it will be for just 70 lb. For that matter, I think you're better off cutting less than that and just trying to do a recomposition once you hit the 190 lb mark. It's not a meme. Look at Martin Berkhan's before pics (when he was skinnyfat) and compare them to him now. He only weighs 30 lb less but he's a totally different guy.

I had stretch marks, for now there's really nothing.

If you could predict the future and see this was going to happen would you stop trying to lose weight? You can't stop it.

>I am 230 lbs, 6'0" and want to lose maybe 70 lbs
160lbs at 6' is a bit on the skele side, I'm shooting to be 10-12% bf at 160lbs, and I'm 5'8. For similar body types add 5-7lbs per inch of height, you should be aiming for 180-190 lean, my dude.

Just don't lose weight too fast.
10 lbs a month is ok.

Don't talk about stuff you don't know and spread misinformation

meme

Sweet thanks
I do have stretchmarks from a previous weight loss (100 lbs when I was 16)
>You can always get surgery if it's really, really bad
Unfortunately I get keloids so I really want to avoid surgery.
Ok yeah I think I will do what you and say and aim for 180 instead. As soom as my belly is gone I'll be happy.
No but now I'm going to try to lose less weight.

If you do it right, you won't will have loose skin. youre 6 ft and 230 lbs. thats fat of course but not so fat to be scared to get loose skin after a healthy weight loss. you don't need to starve.

Do it like follow:

try to loose 8-10 lbs a month but not more than that. be patient you will reach your goal anyway.
weight training of course and cardio.
drink alot of water. 3-4 liter is good, if you sweat alot it could be much more.
No added sugar, no soda, avoid whitebread.
fruits and vegetables are great. eat a modest amount of fruits and alot vegetables. especially the green ones are full of vitamins and micro-nutrients.
eat a good amount of proteins.
sleep well.
pro tip wash yourself with natron (baking soda) once a week, its great.
follow these steps and you will be happy with the result, guaranteed.

Dry fast

Do not exercise while doing this
Do not do for longer than 3 days at a time

>Don't talk about stuff you don't know and spread misinformation
That's my advice for you, actually.

when fasting the skin gets "eaten" too as far as I know. look at the Ausschwitz victims, they dont have loose skin, bacause the body recycles everything not used when in need.

That happened because the muscle lost was so intense the skin has no tissue to support under it and was absorbed. Fasting won't do this unless you starved yourself to the point of looking skele and actually dying as the muscle mass degraded to nothing.

Attached: 81fd714b485994e9dbb5d009b59b.jpg (640x640, 69K)

>look at auschwitz they were serious about their intermittent fasting

>the Ausschwitz victims
Free public weight loss camps and of COURSE the Jews flocked to them and filled almost every available slot.
:-)

Not the guy you're responding too but he's actually right, and fasting != intermittent fasting. When fasting the body recycles unnecessary and damaged cells for fuel, this includes loose skin, protein build up in the brain and even scar tissue. It's certainly not an overnight miracle cure, but Dr. Jason Fung noted that his obese patients that lost their weight through fasting rather than calorie restriction almost always ended up without loose skin.

>320lbs when I started a healthier lifestyle
>down a good amount but dread the future sight of the inevitable mass of loose skin I'll have

Just fucking end me

Please keep your starving shit to your containment thread.

When you are near you final weight, go on a two week fast and see if your body will burn the excess skin as unneeded tissue.

>but Dr. Jason Fung noted that his obese patients that lost their weight through fasting rather than calorie restriction almost always ended up without loose skin.

Of course they did. Everyone is willing to pay extra for a miracle ;^)

Why would someone pay money for a routine that was "dude just don't eat lmao"

Ive lost close to 70 pounds and I only got a little loose skin when I sit down or more noticeable lose skin when I actually grab the skin and pull it on the sides if my torso. otherwise its not noticeable

Attached: 62711A06-6AC3-497F-9134-9783A3039BE8.jpg (448x500, 71K)

You can't avoid it if your skin has already expanded beyond it's natural capacity.
All you can do is lose weight as fast as you can before your skin adapts to it's fat state

i was fat as a child, and malnourished as a teen, causing me to have elastic skin on my face. heard about oil in my diet and to lay off the sugar. any tips?

coach.nine.com.au/2016/04/06/17/01/the-mystery-behind-the-207kg-scotsman-who-fasted-for-over-a-year

fasting this guy lost over 10lb per month (275lbs total) and using this method his skin went back to normal too.

You might have some loose skin but nowhere to that extent, stretch marks you will get if you do stupid starvation diets. in this picture I’m around 245-250 to 215 my current weight and look at my belly all fucked up from losing around 50 lbs when I was around 20 years old doing stupid shit like eating one Can of tuna a day

Attached: 3BBCD4BD-09CC-4741-95C4-AD92846DDE52.jpg (2086x1490, 447K)

>207kg (456lbs)
>no eating at all
>10lbs a month

Hmmmmmmmmm

Where's all their loose skin?

Attached: dachausurvivor2.jpg (450x360, 13K)

>That happened because the muscle lost was so intense the skin has no tissue to support under it and was absorbed.
Did you just pull that out of your ass?

>Fasting memers filling up the thread

Please fuck off

>guaranteed
Wrong. It's skin elasticity which is genetic. If he got strech marks, he will have the same amount of loose skin. It's all about the genetic lottery. Many people get stretch marks even from puberty. Stop this nonsense about muh healthy diet.

Look at this brainlet, look at it and laugh.

>Th-That’s not what I meant though!

You about it by not being a glutton and having enough selg respect to not become obese

>starving to death in a forced labor camp
>still have gyno
JUST

Best you can probably do is lose at a slower pace and rub coconut oil on the spots you're concerned about. I don't think that really works, though. may be unavoidable but it's a lot better than being fat. I have bat wings, flabby thighs and a tummy flap. Yes I'm insecure about it, but nowhere near as insecure as I was about being a fat piece of shit.

Anyway losing 70 lbs isn't going to make you look like her. She was probably 300+

What's the point of dry fasts? Not drinking anything for 3 days seems pretty inadvisable

Theoretically forces your body to break down fat to get the sweet sweet water it's holding.

No! I've been through this. I have a few stretch marks on my arms and even a few lesser on my belly, you cant even see them anymore. there is no loose skin on my body. stop spreading misinformation.

If you actually lift while doing this, I think you'll find that you don't really want to be 6 feet tall and 160 lbs. You'll also build some muscle to take up part of the space the fat used to.

dry fasting helps check it out at the fasting general they'll fill you in

Double dutch has a point, 6' 160 is otter territory.
I'm 6'2'' 175 and that's pretty fucking lean so you can probably look and feel better at 6' 180-190.
Good on ya for trying though.

Attached: 1469825096783.jpg (1280x800, 481K)

The info, and "not eating," are quite free.

This is a bad case because she clearly still has a lot of fat left there anyway.

Do you have a single source for any of that not named Jason Fung?

I'll wait. I think we both already know the answer.

Surgery. You probably won't have it that bad though I'd you're only losing 70 lbs. She probably used to be an absolute whale.

On lamps

that seems pretty quick

/thread

Pretty good user. Pretty good.

wow you look great at 215, I'm at 209 lbs went down from 275 and I look terrible.
Likely because of lack of exercise, don't know when I'll start, I want to hit 190 first, then I'll see from there.

Kicks in certain changes to the body faster (woosh effect, autophagy)

But yeah, if you do it you will probably have to take it easy and not sweat a lot. It also approaches the limit. Note that this is mostly supported by anecdotes and it was just an idea I've heard.