I want to make it crystal clear that adding weight to bar doesn't produce more hypertrophy

>I want to make it crystal clear that adding weight to bar doesn't produce more hypertrophy

>Volume is the key to hypertrophy, intensity only lower your ability to add volume therefore limiting your ability to gain muscle.

Low rep fags blown the fuck out, how will muh strength fags ever recover ?

youtube.com/watch?v=kI6QwgKLP0M

Attached: jordan_pull[1].png (926x1138, 405K)

I've said it for years, volume is all that matters
if you keep on doing 3x5 don't wonder why you remain small
the decently built powerlifters all have volume phases in their programming anyways

the 3 factors for hypertrophy are mechanical load, metabolic damage and muscle microtears.

basically all studies have concluded that rep range doesn't matter but sets at failure does.

>adding weight to bar doesn't produce more hypertrophy
Past what point? When do you stop adding weight and start adding volume? There must be a lower limit or people would just lift an empty bar for 100 reps and get huge.

Try this with barbell curls

Alright OP let me just 100 rep this empty barbell and that'll get me swole as fuck right?

Eat a dick.

As if you came up with that revelation. This been known for decades you retard. Eat a lot, lift a lot, sleep. Thats all there is to it. All those fancy programs just facilitate the process of progressive overload. To recover and adapt to the stress you elicited, you need food and sleep.

Attached: Untitled.png (709x619, 120K)

no, it will get you onto a base level of volume (100*20kg = 2000 units within this workout)
as you progressively overload you'll get more volume units, say 100*40kg = 4000 units etc.
meanwhile volume gains for the 3x5 trainee will be much slower

Hmm, it's almost like the correct answer might be located between these two extremes...

Can somebody please answer this:

why not both?

my routine has both power and hypertrophy exercises for every muscle group

>that guy in the gym benching 95lbs for 3x10
Yeah volume is great for hypertrophy but it will do nothing if you can't actually move any weight for volume. The reason beginners are told to do strength programs is that you need to build a strength base in order to properly utilize a high volume program. Benching 225lbsx3 is going to do a hell of a lot more for hypertrophy than benching 95lbsx10

>somebody get this hot head out of here

All I do in the gym is 1 rep maxes

if you do anything more than 1 rep you are a basedboy

>he's not doing 5/3/1 for the best combo of heavy lifting and high volume

>5/3/1
>high volume
gzclp is unironically better and has more volume

Well that's what I asked. When do you stop adding weight and start adding volume? When I can bench 100% of body mass? 200%? 300%?

Progressive overload is what matters not rep range or weight.

Yeah, it sounds brutal. Hurts just thinking about it

>adding weight to bar doesn't produce more hypertrophy

This is common knowledge, OP.

OP are you retarded? Can you do basic mathematics? It's clear more volume would be lead to more gains in most cases but you fucking fucking fucklord idiot don't say adding weight doesn't produce more hypertrophy because adding weight to the bar is more volume.
For example 10x10 at 50kg=5000kg total volume
at the same rep range 10x10 at 60kg=6000kg total volume
Your volume went up by adding weight to the bar.
Fucking idiot learn to articulate your arguments clearly

>"Me can get swole using 4 lbs dumbells!!"

kek

Attached: 1524873687528.png (403x448, 56K)

>mfw i need to dl Kronos 3 so i can mindlessly lvl while listening to these podcasts

idk but I've never seen a 'big' natty who isn't also strong and I've also never noticed any significant growth in my physique without getting stronger at the same time

The takeaway is that strength = size should rather be size = strength.

my takeaway from your post is that you skipped math classes

and you skipped watching the video

Lift for 5 years and you'll be so close to your genetic potential that you won't give a fuck about details like this.

I swear only beginners obsess about these details. When you've been around the block so to speak, you've tried every manner of training and you find out what works and what doesn't.

For instance due to an injury and busy schedule I played around with 1x week, 1 set to failure, 5 exercises. Did it for 8 weeks and overall size did go down but strength went up. Would probably be good for athletes who cut weight or need to stay small. My point being you should try everything.

This was literally intended for people who are no longer beginners

>not doing DUP
enjoy never reaching peak fitness

Attached: image_16.jpg (407x407, 38K)

if volume is the only key, can you build yuge quads by walking long distances?

>post about quads
>gets quads

pottery

checked

>how will muh strength fags ever recover ?

We recover stronger.

70% dumb faggots. All you need for hypertrophy is 70% of your 1rm. And yes, benching 95 lb at 75% is going to give more adaptation than benching 140 at 50%

what about something like 8 sets of 8 vs 3-4 sets of 5? in my experience, the former gives more hypertrophy

I do three workouts a week.

Monday: 3 reps on squat, bench, deadlift and OHP, heaviest I can possibly manage.

Wednesday: 5 reps on squat, bench and OHP, weight slightly lower.

Friday: 10-12 reps on squat, bench and OHP, weight slightly lower again, basically reps til failure for maximum pump. 5 reps deadlift, lightly lower than Monday.

Obviously I do a bunch of additional exercises to compliment these each day. Lots of chin-ups, cable work, skullcrushers etc.

Is this totally retarded? Because I've been getting great gains from it, I try to get a nice combination of high weight/low rep and medium weight/medium rep for both strength and hypertrophy. Thoughts?

Attached: 1518086199210.png (582x458, 202K)

Everyone should read Scientific Principles of Strength Training.

70-80% of 1rm master race

How many sets though?

yuge quads granted, user.
lucky boy!

Attached: hey buddy.jpg (250x250, 17K)

>what is linear progression

>Taking advice from roiders

Never gonna make it bro

I always do 5 sets for every exercise out of habit. Again, is this retarded? I've not been lifting for very long.

It's fine.

>not doing isometrics where you can't even do 1 rep.
Enjoy the onions.

>2018
>Not knowing the difference between sarcoplasmic and myofibrillar hypertrophy
>Thinking people can get stronger without building any muscle at all

A number that is thrown around lot is that the weight you are using should be around 70% intensity

Israetel recommends 60-75% for hypertrophy, 75%+ for strength.

>keep trying to do isometric bench press
>people keep running over to jerk the bar off me and 'save' me

Attached: angry_pepe.jpg (900x900, 65K)

>yuge quads

Attached: 1521364672424.jpg (1024x673, 25K)

Personally when ever I platuea I will drop the weight and add volume. I try not to do more than 20 reps in a set because it's really hard on the joints

When i add weight i go back to 3x5 if needed and lift my way to 5x8, then add weights. Am i doing it right? I'm improving with this.

Attached: 15225875554690.png (645x729, 80K)

If l do 4 sets of 3
3 times a week that’s 36 reps at 90%
Would that encourage strength and gains?

lol 140lb is ur 'high weight' u fucking degenerate

Attached: mercy looks down.jpg (881x758, 105K)

Attached: Untitled.png (734x278, 61K)

You act like the same people that can bench 95 x 10 are the same that can bench 225 x 3

>checks quads
>gets trips checked in return

My god if l just max out every day my strength will skyrocket

no, the weight lifted needs to be around 70% of your 1rm, at that point volume is all that matter

and actual doctor debunks the meme myth you just parotted in the video i posted

u shoudl really watch it

>A good doctor
>Has to make youtube videos for money

Its a fact 50% of doctors graduated in the bottom half of their class. The bottom 1% needs to make youtube videos to survive.

Attached: tiny kratos.jpg (632x1024, 149K)

>50% of doctors graduated in the bottom half of their of their class

Attached: 1483814914991.jpg (200x200, 7K)

Are you the same guy who says steroids doesn't have side effects?

That’s literally true though
The question is wether or not it’s relevant

Attached: 4c5b12d6c15d670c12da5667c96ee551f414ab22a1660fb9e54e2b1a538a64f8.jpg (369x370, 70K)

Hurr durr point is do 3x1 and btfo for weeks cause of injury or do 12x3 and ascend

because you can fucking double the load on the bar every workout

get the fuck out with your bro science you retard
ever heard of overreaching?

60% of 1rm