Day one of quitting smoking

>day one of quitting smoking
>genuinely sad
Cigarettes make me really happy, will I eventually stop caring? Or will I always miss smoking

Attached: 91FC8604-7426-422B-90F9-E7FB1A811910.jpg (500x282, 22K)

I don't know, I don't smoke

It gets much easier, I quit two years ago and I still miss it but I dont think about it nearly as much. If you hang around with smokers you're gonna have a tough time though

Social smoker here, i know a couple heavy smokers that have used an app to lower to amount
till you stop, my mum switched to e-cigs which is much better for you memes aside.
Going cold turkey is a vary viable method of stopping and actually works after the initial crave
wave. However, it will test your will power, if you are sad from quitting, why? is it the nicotine,
because you can ride that out and be fine. Does smoking grant you something else that makes
you happy? why should stopping make that stop too.

not OP, but I honestly just like the physical act of having a ciggy

I went cold turkey on smoking 40 cigs a day for 10 years. You will never miss smoking once you are not physically addicted anymore in about 2 months.

I quit for a year and now I smoke a bit. Just get yourself to the point where a day without a cigarette isn't a problem.

You'll stop caring so much. It could just be that you're feeling depressed and lethargic from depriving your body of a stimulant it relies on. After a few days to a week you won't feel like that once your body stops being a little bitch.

I think when I’m having a smoke I don’t have a worry in the world

Been smoking since I was 15, 9 years now.

But currently I only smoke when I'm with my friends, which is around once a week/2 weeks depending on whether or not I want to hang with them on the weekend.

What did it for me was small steps, but not sure if it works for everyone. Cut down from daily 7-8 to daily 2 max, then to not smoking at all at work - hardest part because stress is fucking unbearable at times and cigs used to help - , to only smoking on the weekend with friends.

I'm pretty sure I could stop entirely right now, but I honestly don't want to, i like having a cig in my hand every now and then. As retarded as it sounds, it makes me look cool - or at least i feel like it does.

Read Alan Carr, easy way to stop smoking. It's like 100 pages and it explains the way your mind starts tricking you when you stop smoking.
Protip: you will not miss smoking anymore.

This. I don't mind not smoking but that feeling. Man that feeling I never got through anything else.

I started at 18 and quit at 28 by switching to vaping, but I quit that too because I was ashamed of being seen doing it.
Basically, after like a week you'll stop caring so much about it and after a month you won't want them at all.

Attached: 1522807978074.png (904x768, 518K)

I was just reading about the history of cigarettes to western civilization and how they are quintessential to modernity. Really, the part that is hard about quitting is what you ascribe to it. Me? Smoking like some pseudo-poet underneath a clear night sky, or roasting a bogey with friends after a fulfilling meal. For me it’s a reprieve from the nausea of existence, a minute yet temporal moment when time stops and I just feel the warm flame evecerate betwixt my fingers. It’ll be a sad day when I quit. What do they mean for you, OP?

Attached: 14036386-CCEA-4CF6-80F2-10B8FA3AD1CB.jpg (736x550, 146K)

Bullshit. Fucking 14yo tried three cigarettes. You always think about it when you see someone smoke or after a big meal. It will never go away.

Smoked for 20 years. I cold turkey 3 years ago.

You must be weak in the mind then. It never bothers me to see someone smoke, I am disgusted by the smell alone.

Life is full of struggles and if you cannot control yourself not to smoke again - what is point?

Get a grip user.

Cigarette smokers might be the most cucked idiots on the planet. Think about why anybody starts smoking. Look at the picture the OP chose. "Yeah, I'm Don Draper smoking my cigarettes." You're literally inhaling smoke into your lungs to be more like the Marlboro man. Whatever small calm it gives you is negated by the insane amounts of money you throw out buying them and the negative health consequences. Fucking weak willed, idiotic faggots.

can agree, did the same, though was "only" smoking for 4 years

Started smoking at 16, was doing half a pack a day until 22. Pretty babby tier but it was a bitch to quit. I had 5 failed attempts before I decided that I wasn't going to "quit", I was just going to stop smoking as a regular habit but would still let myself indulge if with friends or some shit.
Within a couple weeks I had fully quit without even realizing it. Worth mentioning that you should get at least a mediocre vape (yes it's super gay and will make you a giant faggot) to keep the cravings at bay. Get some weak 30W shit, it simulates a cigarette throat drop perfectly and will prevent you from becoming a cloud ripping faggot meme lord like other vapers.

how do you guys got addicted to this shit
i tried few times, smoked pot but only with friends
never got the addiction for cigarettes

Ever had your heart broken before? It's like that. You don't think the pain will ever go away, but 5 years later, you never even think about it, but if it does get brought up, you get a little melancholy.

I was 11 months without a smoke in 2017.

Started smoking again in december 2017, quit again in feburary 2018.

I went 11 months without a smoke, but then I quit my job, had some very depressing stuff going on in my life and suddenly found myself smoking again.

Now that I have sorted my shit out somewhat again I don´t have any reason to smoke.