/sig/ self improvement general

/sig/ self improvement general
>where the fuck are the other threads edition

What’s new lads? How are we all progressing? What changes have you brought into your life in the 120 days since the start of the year?

Attached: B391D35D-EAC7-4644-97FA-16478263D1A8.png (880x1247, 1.69M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kaNO09cPS6c
4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki//sig/_sticky
youtube.com/watch?v=zz4YVJ4aRfg
m.youtube.com/user/ReWildUniversity
m.youtube.com/channel/UCXCxNFxw6iq-Mh4uIjYvufg
youtube.com/watch?v=TsQPdzGnLcs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

anyone with an understanding of hormones here?

so a raised base cortisol level is really bad PLUS cold showers raise cortisol.
but wouldn't a spike in cortisol as in taking cold showers lower the resting cortisol baseline?

is that how hormones work?

Attached: 1525022967589.jpg (749x500, 86K)

Have been reading more and trying to get active outside just lifting. Picked up skateboarding, pretty fun but difficult. Playing vidya less and have a new rule of only browsing phone at work where most of the time I’m busy anyway in an attempt to stop coming here. As you can see I have failed for now.

Fuck off to Jow Forums

Attached: 1434565255537.png (690x968, 900K)

Do you have this bare image.
Need a wallpaper

Doing that as well. Trying to limit that to /out/, /lit/, and only /sig/ on Jow Forums.

It’s from arcanine, you can get fucked reddit scum

Nah sorry mate

What the fuck are you asking here?

Been doing the snake pose in the morning.

>I wake up, drink water.
>Stretch a lil,
>Do snake yoga pose.
>Pretend I'm looking up at the black Sun.
>Hail my fuhrer,
>Go SSS and start day

It's good for your bowels

just doing research bro

>Trying to limit that to /out/, /lit/, and only /sig/ on Jow Forums.
I’m also mixing in Jow Forumsentoo and /diy/, some good threads on audio in g sometimes.

I said what, not why. I’m confused what you want to know.

blacked out drunk again on saturday night. Threw up everywhere, 2nd time being sick this year. Decided to stop being an alco. Drank non-alcoholic beer yesterday for the first time and will try weening myself down to just tea or water.

Also getting rid of my eczema finally on my arms, but it's scarring. My legs are horrendous but I've a seaweed treatment to use.

Going to start revising 2 weeks before my exams instead of the night before.

I feel like a switch has just been flicked.

sorry bro im autism

i want to know wether a spike in cortisol, as in i.e. a cold shower or a hard workout lowers the resting cortisol baseline in a human or wether such a thing actually raises your resting cortisol rate

/diy/ is useful if you need help with something.

What you have asked is some serious shit. Try fraud general, or an actual doctor.

It’s good for ideas on projects too

Bump for love of AQUILOS take your cold SHOWERS

Attached: 1505705972713.png (1473x2000, 1.28M)

Any suggestions on what creative hobbies I could pick up?

>just picked up a sketch pad and have been taking YouTube lessons
>looking into dj'ing as it would be a cool way to make friends

Anyone have any dj'ing tips?

cold showers and meditation !
youtube.com/watch?v=kaNO09cPS6c

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-21 (81) Mingyur Rinpoche - YouTube - YouTube.png (899x629, 814K)

Remember to read daily you sick cunts
> you forgot the sticky OP
4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki//sig/_sticky

Attached: F92C390A-4739-480A-9A8C-5014A6776735.png (1280x1193, 629K)

Been doing calisthenics when i have free time at work. Really improved my pushup game. My squat has also gotten a lot better

Self improvement is masturbation..

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

He never said you can’t masturbate
> also fight club a shit

Attached: 340E1762-321A-4A98-B4C7-67CE41EC95EE.jpg (899x1599, 139K)

>Try fraud general, or an actual doctor.
my doc and i assume most docs dont know much about nutrition. was at doc last week , doc said keep loosin weight . told doc i omad keto . doc says " mmmm , you know i think 3 good meals a day is best " i say " omad is good because IF helps me keep the cals low and i get a bit of autophagy "
doc says " uh , have you been taking the statins i gave you ?"
i say " no but ill eat less eggs doc "
doc says " ok i want you back in 3 months to do a lipid cardiac risk panel ."
she means well but knows little about nutrition
i wish dr rhonda patrick was my nutritionist
she's a smartie QT3.14

youtube.com/watch?v=zz4YVJ4aRfg

Attached: meaty soy boi.jpg (1214x695, 150K)

2018 has been the best year of my life so far.
>used to smoke a lot, and almost 10 years and I could just quit cold turkey just like that
>always ate a lot of food, normal food but at large portions, started dieting and keeping to it somehow
>never did any sort of sport or fitness just sitting on my ass all day, I've started fitness and keeping to it somehow
>started social anxiety course
>wake up at 8 every day, sleep at 12 every night without feeling tired
>I'm losing weight for the first time of my life, cant even remember not being fat and it feels great
All sorts of new avenues I never thought I'd go through. To be fair it's either self improving or killing myself, such a low-point my life was. Still foreverneet but I'm working on that too.

Have to add this thought:
My life has been static for what feels forever and I do not understand what happened. Something just switched in me and now I suddenly am improving my life. I can hardly believe it myself.
Bro's just start improving on one single thing and maybe the same will happen to you!

Cold showers are fine for getting up in the morning but you might as well just kill yourself if you take them after a workout
Cold water closes your pores and will trap all the dead cells and sweat you've gained due to your workout, don't fucking do it
Start shower warm and half way through turn it cold to close pores and gain all of the benefits of coold showers without fucking yourself

Skating is for teenagers and niggers, stop

>moved in with my aunt and uncle on a farm living in the basement with my own kitchen and bathroom this past weekend
>finally able to cook for myself; this morning I had oats and a banana and tonight I'm cooking tuna patties with spinach
>reading 5 chapters of the Bible every night before bed
>also doing yoga every night
>hopefully gonna hit 3pl8 squat soon
>started nofap after I moved in. Maybe if I never choke the chicken in my new bed I won't get urges every time I lay down.
Life is good. I'm hoping to drop vidya soon and substitute it with a more productive hobby like coding or language studies. Also, does anyone here have any good book recommendations? The Bible is great but I've always been fascinated with /his/ and wanted to start reading some Greek philosophy.

>/Lit/
Those homos are the opposite of what you should spend your time with, just ask for some Jow Forums suggested reading infographs and be done with it

is there any wrist workouts besides pic related?

Attached: 26ca60430ae1a9c4f55394b3ed814ea5.jpg (390x380, 20K)

Im finished bros. I took one week as a "light week” three months ago in my language studies and i havent been able to study again since. I just simply dont have the motivation to sit down and study; video games are more appealing to me. Use my as an example. Never slacken or slow down or itll all come crumbling down.

Attached: 8B7DB08B-B9EA-4DB2-A408-9975CF43907A.jpg (641x641, 83K)

>Listening to a good
Fuuuuuck that, you got questions go to a white man you cuck shitstain
m.youtube.com/user/ReWildUniversity

Why would you train your forearm when literally every exercise uses it?
If you really care about grios strength juat do some deadlifta, farmer walks, lunges, etc

>Basement with own bathroom and kitchen on a farm in the middle of nowhere
Holy fuck that sounds comfy
>Reading the Bible
Stop, absolutely wasting your time
>Language studies
Doctors Jackson has you covered
m.youtube.com/channel/UCXCxNFxw6iq-Mh4uIjYvufg

Giving up is for cucks

Attached: 1512148927978.png (460x346, 233K)

How do I deal with feeling boring?

I work, I go to class, I go to the gym, I browse Jow Forums and Youtube and I play video games. That's pretty much it. I don't even have much taste in music.

The only solace I found is that most people are boring too but why settle? How do I stop being so damn boring?

>sounds comfy
It is. Gets kinda chilly at night cause there is a exterior door and two windows but I got a couple quilts to keep me warm
>Doctor Jackson
His videos look real comfy with the rockies as his backdrop. I'll check it out.

He also goes to NM and Arizona a few times for background
His strong Midwest voice makes his videos outstanding and it's just enhanced by him speaking old Norse, even if you decide not to use the teaching vids listen to him to put you to sleep at night
>Quilts
Go to bed bath and beyond and get some light blankets and put them over the windows

youtube.com/watch?v=TsQPdzGnLcs

>video games are more appealing to me
uninsall them then

Finally took the steps necessary to start restoring what was taken from me at birth. Feels like starting a new chapter, like reclaiming my bodily sovereignty. Anybody else?

I'm not the guy who asked but strong forearms is really the most patriarchal trait

you know how to swing a hammer? build something

where can i get that flag

That's the religion of cosmotheism. It was an ethnocentric religious organization founded by white nationalist, Dr. William Pierce.

It is meant to replace the religious purpose of Christianity, with a biological approach of purpose. It states that the goal of our lives, and even of preserving our race and culture - is to give rise to ever greater iterations of consciousness.

That by embracing genetics, eugenics, and tribalism, we may ascend the upward path of evolution toward "the creator's purpose".

Now, evolution doesn't necessarily need to select for intelligence. Evolution would be just as happy selecting for a population of low-IQ mammals, so long as they are successful. So Cosmotheism is a human-centric view of intelligence and virtue as the higher forms of evolutionary survival strategy.

Go to AmRen, or National Alliance's webpages. They definitely have it as merch.

Attached: 1523930378984.jpg (1069x1200, 227K)

>>just picked up a sketch pad and have been taking YouTube lessons
Nice, I’m going to do the same. I want to get good at drawing Pokemon

>Bro's just start improving on one single thing and maybe the same will happen to you!
>still a forever neet tho

You aren’t the type of person I ever want to take advice from m8

>How do I deal with feeling boring?
>That's pretty much it.
By not being boring. Reading your “hobbies” and they are all consumption based. You need to create. Music, art, woodwork, a game, painting /tg/ models, circuit board projects, a synthesiser out of a model kit, a fully functioning exchange server, a small business, restoring a car

Doesn’t ANYTHING other than the internet interest you?

>Anybody else?
No one has any idea what the fuck you are talking about, how on earth would anyone agree with you?

THIS

When you realise durden was in the wrong the whole time is when you’ve grown up.

Cool man that duolingo app looks good, ty for link

>/lit/
>homos
As much as you probably want them to be stereotypical brainwashed liberal arts faggots, they can actually be legit and it clearly shows you haven't engaged in the community that much to begin with.

Attached: 1524993884104.jpg (1129x1200, 118K)

Very comfy pic OP

Currently reading this and trying not to get blackpilled

Good back into wrestling and won a tournament the other weekend, life is good and getting better

Attached: Ride_the_Tiger_Cover-1-1.jpg (316x475, 43K)

keep in mind duolingo is only really a minor supplement/starting point in learning a language

Jow Forums has sig threads now? I'm actually proud of them kinda.

Attached: 1510378400406.jpg (406x347, 16K)

I'm just imagining this poster is Superman crying about his planet blowing up.

Gayest thing I ever read Tbh

Literally just repackaged satanism and that's the basedboy religion par excellence.

DJing is a shit hobby. It only works if you're 19 and in a fraternity in a college town. Otherwise no one gives a shit they just want you to play "Ignition remix" by R Kelly.

Cool hobbies:

>trail-building
>fishing
>camping
>kayaking
>mix em all up together. Build a trail to a lake, drag your kayak up, take it out on the lake and go fishing off of it, then bring the fish back to camp and eat it up.

>I don't like your hobby do mine instead
Agree that DJing is a fucking shit hobby though

djing is a solitary hobby for the most part. if you want to be better than just anyone you'll need to spend hours playing by yourself. if you wanted to get skills like turntablism then you're going to have to put in hours of solitary practice over years.
just djing at a party isn't really anything, you'll talk to people as they'll come up and interrupt you while you're mixing so it will only be half-involved convos.
i'd recommend getting vinyl decks (technics 1200/1210 if you can afford them) and mix vinyl records. it gets expensive, but i found mixing vinyls much more involved and easier to get "in the zone". mixing mp3's or using cdj's just don't have any movement.
as enjoyable as it is, it's not really productive. it's equivalent to playing video games imo, unless you're doing it to start playing in clubs, but then that pretty much means you have to forgo any creative taste and play the shit people want to hear, even in the trendier hipster clubs.

Kek

Attached: 1524783760469.png (360x594, 250K)

Personally I've never met anyone who got strong or juicy forearms by isolating them. Everyone I know with strong forearms just lifted heavy. Farmers walks and deadlifts.

I used to isolate them too, so I get the appeal. Unfortunately it just doesn't really do anything.

Why do people associate nazis and self-improvement ?

They pretty much destroyed germany by forcing it into a war, took on a shitload of debts and encouraged degeneracy

Attached: 1521410803452556.png (5117x1945, 1.34M)

How do I develop the discipline to practice my hobbies even when I don't want to? I keep wanting to get good at stuff but when time comes to actually do it, I never feel like doing it.

Except the Church of Satanism is about ritualistic hedonism, and excusing nihilism with subjective values.

And Cosmotheism is about fascism, not-indulging, and surrendering yourself to your greater purpose as a race.

Kinda opposite mate

But fascism never worked .
Why would I chain myself to a loser ideology ?

Attached: 1478287022064.jpg (699x485, 69K)

>spend last 4 years devoted to lifting
>make literally 0 progress outside of losing 50lbs (still look like shit as skinnyfat)
>eternal bitterness, self loathing, jealousy and hatred of other people
>constantly aimed at self improvement
>incredibly uncomfortable with myself and hate being around others
>then i took 250mcg LSD
>incredible experience, completely changed my mindset, content with myself and feel at peace and genuinely happy with others
>others treat me much much better and i finally feel like a true normie
>start feeling self conscious about being skinnyfat again recently
>dont feel like tripping again
>cant seem to get into “self improvement” mindset without turning back into a bitter insecure jealous fuck
what do

Because the only people who want young white men to self-improve ARE the Nazis. Everyone else seems to want them exterminated, their women raped, and their culture and lands taken over.
You kinda gave "the right" a monopoly on giving direction to disaffected white youth, and now you complain about it.
>inb4 "lol loser white male can't handle life"
I'm Persian.

Attached: 1524356011567.jpg (540x539, 38K)

try to make it a routine
i have a morning routine that i do every day
in the past i showered infrequently at night , now i take a shower every morning .

Attached: death to chad and stacy.png (452x157, 59K)

But that's wrong you're either spouting propaganda or you're so far up Jow Forums ass you can't see clezrly tjrough all the american ideology shit in your eyes. We live in a time where some Canadia fuckwit encouraging male has millions of views.

And given the awful track records of the nazis I'll rather they stay dead.

Attached: 0.png (740x581, 76K)

shut up bitch

Attached: who dat anon.png (700x415, 486K)

Motivation is a meme. Dedication will save you. Embrace the grind.

Attached: 1483744642307.png (1011x1013, 219K)

I'm not gonna argue whether the alt right is good for the west or not (I don't have a dog in your fight, I'm not one of you, typically all political activism is an excuse to be a personal failure). But, be honest about who's hurting who.

As an outsider to your country, it is painfully obvious that the left is intent on destroying the white race.

Every other people outside of your society is aware of it, and amazed by it. You are acting in a way that no sane Eastern country would.

They mock you in Israel, in China, in Japan, in Korea, in India, in Saudi Arabia.
The fucking chinese youth even developed a slang term "baizuo" that literally translates to "white liberal," meant to indicate someone is a suicidal weakling.

It is painfully obvious that the majority of the western left hates its own white people, and western culture. I am telling you this AS an outsider, this is what every foreigner sees as going on.

>"B-b-but that's wrong, you're either spouting propaganda or a poltard"
Fuck off as I eat my lamb and milk stew.

Attached: 1522465340971.jpg (4032x3024, 1.1M)

You're so brainwashed you automatically assume I'm a "libtard cuck" or whatever your strawman is because I'm bashing your favorite ideology.

Fuck off victim. You haven't even tried to defend fascism because you know there isn't anything you could do.

Attached: 1513864424496.jpg (900x900, 186K)

The Japanese have an art known as kintsugi. Where they repair their broken pottery with powdered gold, pearl, and silver in resin. So that rather than hiding the imperfections, they are exemplified as part of the beauty.

Is a molestation victim permanently ruined?
Are my teeth a lost cause because my parents got botched cheap braces, that fucked my canines up for life?

Could be.... or you could choose to go forward from that damage, and find new beauty in your less perfected state.

The general message: DON'T CATASTROPHIZE THINGS

You made a minor slip up in your study habits, and because you are so fixated on this idea of a perfect and ideal study routine, you have deemed this failure fatal, and the pursuit not worth it.

Stop seeking to be uscathed. Stop looking at opportunity costs. Stop thinking "either I get this perfect or I don't try at all."

When you slip up, you are not a permanent failure. Return from your lapse and cherish the lessons it teaches you.

>Currently reading this and trying not to get blackpilled
Can you explain what you mean in a non meme way? I don’t know what to expect from this book; I have never heard of it before right now

The dude literally said he's not defending fascism. He's addressing the fact that you said it's simply not true that the left is driving this white political action. Stop trying to win by obfuscation.

>lamb and milk stew
nigga, you mean a fuggin milk steak from sunny in philly?

Yeah I fully understand; I have signed up for actual classes at a school. Going to Japan in December for three weeks so wanna really learn how to speak it

YEah that pottery thing is pretty dumb.
My take on it is if you're broken up just stuff your cracks with material wealth and people will love you for it.

then you have learned nothing

>He's addressing the fact that you said it's simply not true that the left is driving this white political action.

And where did I say that ?

Attached: wota.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

This reminds me of a big problem: how do you deal with the promises you made to yourself in the past?

As you're getting older and wiser and (with the people ITT and on this board) "improving yourself", how do you make peace with the fact that you're going to break some promises your younger and less-wise self made? This isn't rhetorical: occasionally, those promises make 100% sense and following through would lead to deep happiness, assuming things worked out (see: the classic "children who live next door to each other eventually get married" story).

But there are other promises that are clearly stupid in hindsight: commonly, these are promises to push yourself hard in an area you don't really care about.

My own take is that, in a perfect world, you wouldn't need to make these promises: you'd do the "right" thing and "know" (or have high confidence) you did the right thing in that instance. In our less ideal world, the best you can do is remember that you are constantly changing, even if it doesn't seem like you are, and that as a result, you'll have to frequently re-evaluate what you want and how you'll get what you want.

Wow man fucking good for you, you now bathe frequently like a normal human being instead of a piece of shit

What the actual fuck does that have to do with hobbies? You’re comparing a five minute activity with learning. Get stuffed.

>ceramic breaks
>use gold to fix it
What did I miss?

Ching chong voodoo

Congrats man!

oh wow what a mysterious and deeply philosophical culture

Attached: 1516963346910.webm (720x720, 815K)

Had to look it up, the baizuo definition on Wikipedia is accurate. I'm an American, and there is a reason you see mostly conservative men going to the gym.
These fucking pussies embrace the end of the white race, they literally want to exterminate themselves.
I hope the day comes when I can put my gains to good use and help them acheive their dream.

poo in the loo for once, then you can tell me about white people and our experience

>how do you make peace with the fact that you're going to break some promises your younger and less-wise self made?
By accepting that I was stupid when I was younger. If my expectations of life were skewed then because I had no life experience to realise they were skewed, why would I feel guilty about not honouring a promise made to someone I don’t like? That person being past me?

What was once thought broken and useless is now stronger and more beautiful than before
That is what kintsugi does

Attached: 1524884904558.jpg (1200x852, 312K)

>still no answer

You people are such victims you're putting arguments into the mouths of everyone who disagree with you.
Stop taking Jow Forums seriously.

I'm going to bed.

Attached: tfw_no_Anne_Frank_with_a_Dilly_Bar_gf.jpg (3118x4160, 1.84M)

Not the guy you are replying to, but thanks, I needed to hear this

Attached: 1502522711699.jpg (925x1134, 150K)

im gonna take the 0 responses as “suck it up and try harder you druggie faggot”

Just accept you're shit it's oddly comforting and you can only rise up.

Did you ever read Zarathustra ? It's pretty swell.

>just accept you’re shit
this is exactly what drives me back into ultra bitter depressed angry 24/7 mode
>did you ever read zarathustra?
no but i’ve read half of modern man in search of a soul and it was pretty good. crime and punishment was also very enlightening

Read The C Programming Language by Ritchie and Kernighan if you're getting into programming. It's a great read to learn the language and learn some fundamental principles programmers should know