Is there a worse meme diet out there?

Is there a worse meme diet out there?

>reckless
>promotes heart disease
>more obnoxious than vegan and vegetarian dieting
>guaranteed to destroy/retard gains

Attached: Keto-Food-Pyramid[1].jpg (843x900, 316K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kcebhOq-nBc
lift-run-bang.com/2013/12/nutrient-timing-q-with-dr-israetel.html?m=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Banning sugar is not wrong.

Only thing more retarded than keto is CICA

fuck off vegan scum

Attached: downwiththeveganagenda.jpg (662x599, 26K)

why are you making so many keto threads, do you think this is funny?

it's just a fucking diet
what actually triggers me is that ketofags are all DYEL and they promote keto among people who lift weights
nobody takes them seriously in real life but it happens online all the time because you don't have to show your body
this is the actual problem

I actually cut way easier with no carbs for some reason...

>dairy
>but not milk
how come?

This desu
Keto guys are like fasting guys
They are dyel or fat fucks nobody gives a shit about their opinion

repeat after me:

You can't make gains without grains

Because fermentation (the process by which cheese and yogurt are made) removes most of the lactose in milk.

Grains kill testosterone. Just keep your carbs centered around fruits, tubers and vegetables.

Do you have any source at all for this?

onions

Have fun chewing on grass and losing 1 pound a month while we here eat bacon and cheese and lose 1 pound a day

>ketofags are dyel
lol

This. Keto is king for losing weight. Serious weight lifters should probably incorporate more carbs, but not from breads, pasta, etc.

>Implying they're not

youtu.be/kcebhOq-nBc

Who keto + raw milk here? Can't afford to lose gains and the carbs from milk are pretty easy to digest and lactase > fructose of course. Not to mention milk is fucking delicious.

>his hands
w e w

Can't believe there are people on Jow Forums that have been completely indoctrinated by sugar and starchy carbohydrates.

Attached: 1505015693600.gif (750x525, 63K)

gonna get some blood tests
what are interesting markers to check if I'm fucking up my organs on keto?
was gonna order:
Triglycerides
CRP
A1C
Alkaline phosphatase
Creatine
Bilirubin
eGFR
TSH
Fibrinogen

anything else other than the obvious glc, LDL, urea etc?

Attached: Blood-test-may-predict-post-surgery-recovery-time.jpg (600x399, 23K)

Holy shit you're right lol. I know a DYEL who went keto for quite a while, he seemed really annoyed that I could lift more than him despite his METICULOUS diet. We trained together and after doing the big 3 compounds he stopped due to fear of 'overtraining' while I spent over an hour doing other stuff. He's one of those people who finds it easier to change his diet than put in the long, hard work of exercising. I suspect most fad-diet people are like this, unless they're hell-bent on losing weight.

Attached: d73b04d242a8073a14c5b6a4c73d188256e8550115e246736a66ce19102e5275.jpg (255x204, 18K)

Keto is shit for bulking, but GOAT for cutting. You do realize it is SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN to preserve more muscle mass on a deficit compared to other diets.

but it's a good meme. fat people like to eat fat and keto promies that they can continue their habits and lose weight =D

Attached: tenor.gif (220x335, 584K)

Ah yes. CICA, or Calories In Calories Apple.

Almost former fatfag here (240ish down from high of 315) I'd say most fat people actually have a bigger issue with sugar (including sugars from carbs) than fat. I know so many fat people who religiously only buy FAT FREE versions of products and are still fat as fuck.

but yest Keto is mostly a meme, but a meme that's made me lose a lot of weight rather rapidly with no loss in strength. So whatever works. I don't plan on staying "keto" past my goal weight. Mostly because I think more vegetables are a better diet.

It's not though and that has been proven. The only reason people lose weight is because they eat at a deficit. You could lose the same amount of weight while eating high carb low fat while not boosting you cholesterol because youre eating so much fat. You basically have to eat an unhealthy amount of fat on Keto because there's no other source of calories allowed in the diet. Fucking retarded. And to all the people saying it's easier to eat at a deficit well no that's not true either. You're still gonna feel hungry on Keto if you're at a deficit and when you fuck up that one time and eat too much you're gonna blow your calorie limit way worse since you're stuffing your face with fat.

why don't you just ask them to take a BMP with LFTs????

>You basically have to eat an unhealthy amount of fat on Keto because there's no other source of calories allowed in the diet

the shit retards say

>eat meat, butter, and green leafy vegetables
>ALL THEY DO IS JUST GUZZLE GREASE
alright champ

>You're still gonna feel hungry on Keto if you're at a deficit
From experience, you don't feel as hungry.

Eat a sandwich twice a week and ensure your keto diet is 75% vegetables, don't immediately just start shoveling pulled pork and butter down your gob and you'll be fucking golden.

Attached: 1467010866041.gif (249x149, 1.4M)

even if you eat 100g of carbs which is the absolute high end to stay in ketosis you would still have to eat 130g of fat with 120g of protein to get in roughly 2000 calories. So what the fuck are you talking about? not once did i mention guzzling grease all i said was you have to eat an unhealthy amount of fat which is true.

>Implying cholesterol causes CVD
Inflamation, stress, and oxidized oils cause CVD.

Oh, don't mind me, just doing the keto diet before it was cool

Attached: keto.jpg (1920x1080, 333K)

"Oh no, fats are the devil!"

Fucking moron

again, not once did i mention CVD or that cholesterol causes it. improve your reading comprehension levels you absolute mongoloid. So you're inflammation, stress, and oxidation levels are all so perfect all the time that you don't need to worry about the potential risk of increasing your cholesterol for no good reason? Fuck outta here with this bullshit. Obv if you eat super high sugar garbage then that's bad. Swinging the absolute opposite is equally bad and that's Keto

no you fucktard fats are good but hundreds of grams of fat a day is retarded and unnecessary

based

humans absolutely need a lot of vegetable matter in their diet. if you can get that and stay in ketosis then great, but just eating meat and fats is bad news for your health.

Fat fuck here

Was 330lbs in September, and now sit at 255lbs from keto alone.

I tried just eating at a defecit and got piss poor results compared to eating keto with the same defecit. The only problem I've faced is that one cheat day can seriously fuck you with water weight that's incredibly difficult to shake off

oh, is that why Eskimos were extremely healthy and had zero cancer and heart disease after surviving off of meat and fat for generations with nearly zero agriculure? wow, nice opinion buddy.

thats a myth retard. nice job buying into that bullshit though

lol, eskimos werent "healthy". they survived by becoming slothful degenerates. they were fat and unathletic. they were basically on the verge of extinction, and they moreor less are extinct now. have you actually seen an eskimo? they look like blobs...

Tell me about these "retard gains"

Attached: 12bda0c37f078a101da922e2710d2d22.jpg (512x512, 35K)

Speaking of eating things, what is Jow Forums's stance on eating pussy? /tv/ says it's gay.

Attached: PgU89dZ.jpg (643x960, 68K)

And why's that, bitch tits?

degenerate

>keto

You mean eating like a normal person?

Also

>no rice
>no beans
>no corn
>no milk

Lmao you can smell that this pic was made by a DYEL

post body

lol this

Shit just works

For fucks sake this place is full of children.

ya that's what i thought you dyel faggot

COPE

>indoctrinated
>"indoctrinated" by a macronutrient which people have eaten in various forms as a dietary staple for thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, arguably millions of years from pre-human, pre-hominid times. A macronutrient which provides the primary fuel for our brain. A macronutrient found at high levels in your own mother's breast milk.

Who is indoctrinated?

Not gay but def degenerate. Unless you want throat cancer.

Wrong yogurt has lactose most hard cheeses have no lactose and heavy cream

low carb > keto
and much less autistic/more sustainable
the keto meme has mutated as it went mainstream, it used to be this "secret of the pros" diet you'd go on when trying to get to single digit body fat

>it's been around a while so it must be optimal

People have been using arrows for thousands of years. Just because they won wars doesn't mean there aren't better alternatives

I eat fat for essential fatty acids and I eat protein for essential amino acids. What's the essential nutrient I should be eating carbs for again?

I'm just not a socially inept autismo whos answers to arguments are "post body". You know, sometimes I feel bad for you all, but if it were any different I wouldn't have anyone to laugh at.

>eating like a normal person?
>normal
>promotes eating a niche diet eaten by only a minority of the human race, which exploits a metabolic pathway which exists to keep us alive during a famine or in areas with limited resources.

>And why's that, bitch tits?
>not a socially inept autismo whos answers to arguments are "post body"

kek

Dude ketogenesis has been around for millions of years as well, it's a metabolic pathway not a fucking technology.

Difference is, ketogenesis is a metabolic pathway which helps us survive is times of deprivation, whereas humans eat carbs everywhere and every time they have been able to.

You don't live in the Arctic nor in a famine. Do a short term keto stint to helps lose weight if you want, or just fast which also leads to ketogenesis, but don't kid yourself into believing you have discovered this amazing new diet technology.

Glucose, silly.

Yes, I know, you can produce glucose endogenously or use ketones where glucose would otherwise be used. Just because your body is able to do that to protect itself in times of deprivation, doesn't mean ketogenesis or gluconeogenesis are ideal long term.

Keto is a short term fix, like fasting, not an ideal or new and improved metabolic pathway. Just a tool. Keep things in perspective... if you want to do it, do it, but don't demonise carbs.

>keto WORKS. I used to be obese/overweight and now I'm just overweight/skinnyfat
>STUDIES
>number of pictures showing physiques: 0

every keto thread ever

Calories In Calories Ass?

It does work... to lose weight. So does fasting, which is also ketogenic.

Keto diets without caloric restriction seem pretty useless to 99percent of people. If you don't need to control your epilepsy or you aren't a freediver looking to lower oxygen consumption, what's the point?

It's value is that it tends to be easier to control appetite and mimics fasting, so can be used to restrict calories and lose weight. Long term... why live like it's winter all year round?

>a diet which literally mimics fasting
SO UNHEALTHY, MY CARBSSSSSSS, FAT IS BAD

Attached: 1510644294416.jpg (399x400, 13K)

Asking someone to explain their reasoning behind a bullshit statement is being socially inept? Whew lad, sorry about your situation.

Kek. No it isn't. Carbs that low causes some steep ass drops in training quality and allows catabolism to run reckless after workouts.

Not unhealthy - but no panacea, not ideal long term.

m8 i did explain my reasoning with 3 fairly lengthy posts. I'm not gonna do that all over again just because some mong doesn't know how to read properly. fucking post body or stfu

It's hot as fuck. What's more alpha than devouring the most intimate spot on a woman and owning her with orgasms?

Not him but cmon you can't act like you're in some kind of position of correctness because he's refusing to post his naked body on the internet to win an argument. I actually agree that keto is completely retarded btw.

what's wrong about lactose?

Post bidy you retarded jizzbreath. Keto is for fat faggots who can't stop eating shit.

>Dyel detected

well if he hadn't called me bitch tits after ignoring all of my posts regarding why eating high fat might be a bad idea then i wouldn't have asked him to post body.

>You could lose the same amount of weight while eating high carb low fat while not boosting you cholesterol

You may have missed the memo. High carbohydrate diets cause many of your heart disease risk factors to go downhill. LCHF improves most of them. It can raise LDL but even that is a paradox because a high fat diet that raises LDL has not been linked to increased mortality. Some people think the increased HDL has an offsetting effect or that it shifts LDL particle size favorably. In any case, all the nonsense about high fat diets being bad for your heart is not rooted in science.

Where the fuck did you explain why eating lots of fats is bad?

Why waste calories on needless fat consumption if you can use them up with carbs instead? Add in one macro, the other two suffer. Without sufficient carbs you cause all kinds of avoidable problems, catabolism after training and poorer workouts to name a few.

Half of you guys are absolute retards. I'm doing keto right now because I have candida overgrowth and yeah it also helps fat loss but once I get down to a certain weight I'm adding carbs back in. No serious lifter or athlete will be on keto year round or for long periods. Show me a keto athlete that doesn't load up with carbs before intense activity. Carbs are the most easily used source of fuel for out brains and muscles. Stop being retards and let the science speak.

Can you describe an unhealthy amount of fat? I know of no ill health effects from consuming too much fat (as long as it's from good sources which means no refined vegetable oils, processed meats, etc. and you don't overconsume polys) and you don't overeat. They used to believe that saturated fat caused heart disease but it's been found that there is no link.

Source on catabolism? Workouts do get weaker when first switching over, but after fat adaptation you are often back up to your starting strength.

I'm sure you're well aware that the ketofags being criticized ITT don't load up on carbs. That's just carb timing, not keto kek.

Because the fat homos on this board suck up every stupid meme they find online.

>ewwww veggies are grosss
>mommy i want my tendies weeee
>oh look i can only eat yummy tendies and still lose weight
>no more yucky veggies only yummy tendies wippee hooray!!!
>look mommy I'm healthy now

Keto is not a thing you would ever have to consider if you had lived an active youth, eaten moderately and now had the body composition of a healthy adult male. Jow Forums doesn't lift. Remember that.

Wait, do you think you can't eat vegetables on keto?

that's my point. any athlete I've seen who says they're on a keto diet carb loads before activity

>>oh look i can only eat yummy tendies and still lose weight
>>no more yucky veggies only yummy tendies wippee hooray!!!
>>look mommy I'm healthy now

Sounds like the CICO retards to me

lift-run-bang.com/2013/12/nutrient-timing-q-with-dr-israetel.html?m=1

Ctrl F "catabolism" or something

Not the best source but the only linkable one I have where I am right now. I have a book by Mike Israetel that does into detail about this that I may dig up and upload if you're not convinced. If you know who he is, then his credentials speak for themselves, but if not, he's a physique competitor and coach closely affiliated with juggernaut training systems and is highly regarded by pretty much everyone who's anyone in physique training. The gist is that training alters the body for some time during and after, especially higher volume training, and makes muscle loss risk higher. A way to counter this is to have high GI carbs which will absorb quickly and stop this effect, which is why you'll see athletes eating glucose capsules etc during training. The fats should also be low during these periods because fats digest slowly and will interfere with the carbs. And there you have the birth of carb timing. Not massively important to most folks, but this can be a game changer in shit like bodybuilding and high level sport.

>IIFYM fags

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (700x700, 21K)

>/tv/ says it's gay.
Implying they get pussy

Attached: 1520258705785.jpg (173x356, 61K)

alright im not saying fat is necessarily bad for you. All im saying is people should eat a balanced diet that is low in refined carbohydrate. I understand the whole heart disease thing and cholesterol not being a huge risk factor but I also don't think it's necessary to eat over 100g of fat per day considering no one really knows for sure. Like I said in my other post, eating high sugar bullshit is bad but i don't think the answer to that is to swing wildly in the opposite direction by consuming all fat and no carbs. Just eat a balanced whole food diet and don't fall for meme shit like keto. Is the risk of having much higher cholesterol worth it? no. no it's not. It's also not worth it because, like i said before, it's much easier to blow through your calorie limit when eating fat then it is on other more balanced diets. Fat has been proven to store on the human body as fat much more easily than carbs. Therefore, if you eat too much while on LCHF you potentially eat way too many calories and those calories are much more likely to go straight to fat on your body. You guys have gone too far with the whole 'carbs are bad' thing. b-b-but joe rogan b-b-but gluconeogenesis

Cool, I'll check it out, cheers.

Here are some fundamental truths:
>more than 1g/lb protein is pointless. Not bad, but pointless. Less than about 0.6g/lb is suboptimal for recovery from workouts
>excessive carb intake leads to higher chance of fat gain than muscle gain after a limit, while carb intake too low leads to poor performance and risk of catabolism during and post workout
>low to moderate amounts of fat are needed to not negatively affect nutrient absorption
Which translates practically to eating a certain minimum quantity of carbs, a certain minimum quantity of protein and a certain minimum quantity of fat. If all are met and we still have calories left to program into our diet, we may choose protein or fat with minimal consequences in comparison to carbs, which will negatively impact body composition.

That's all there is to it. Keto is stupid and very low fat is stupid. Here ends the argument. It's just preference from this point onwards. I'd go with fat for its satiating properties which is helpful to reduce cravings when cutting.

Lactose is sugar and a keto diet is no carbs

Also checkkked

Well thank you for finally answering, but this post is just a bunch of misinformation. I also don't eat keto, so I'm not one of "you guys", just sick or people spouting garbage and people taking it as gospel.

Yes, any diet that has dairy so near the base of the pyramid is stupid.