Why do fit makes fun of bodyweight if nobody here can do the most advanced exercises also doing it isometric

Why do fit makes fun of bodyweight if nobody here can do the most advanced exercises also doing it isometric.

nobody on this board can do one arm no legs isometric push up, one arm isometric pull ups and isometric shrimp squats.

Attached: R14kkDj.png (657x527, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-ZT4WJHDMSA
youtube.com/watch?v=kZLWe6XWCVw
youtube.com/watch?v=_FBuC-VPbRY
strength-oldschool.com/blogs/news/the-training-and-life-of-strength-legend-doug-hepburn
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>he's so much of a manlet he has to do shrimp squats

What the fuck is a one arm no legged push up? You're just floating but using one arm to hold yourself up and push?

Powerlifting/strength training and gym and fitness equipment shills.

If it got out that all you need for health and to look good was basic bodyweight and to occasionally lift something while eating less and better then the jig will be up.

youtube.com/watch?v=-ZT4WJHDMSA

lifterlet never heard of planches

My bad, seems totally practical after seeing that video proof.
Planche uses two arms and I can gaurentee that not one person can do a one arm planche.

bro, just do a one arm push up and try to lift your legs, is not rocket science.

shut your retarded ass up, quit talking out of your ass
youtube.com/watch?v=kZLWe6XWCVw

look how fucking tiny he is

Attached: willy-wonka-and-oompa-loompas.jpg (300x238, 24K)

>he thinks he can look like lifters without roids
ok retard.

he still looks better than 99% of this board.

herp derp I wanna carry extra weight on my frame and talk about 1 armed planches

Here's a list of reasons why
>progression is very hard into any advances bw pose compared to adding 5 lbs or +2 reps to your lifts
>most advanced poses require balance and flexibility, not everyone cares about those two things
>most advanced poses require low bw and that's antithetical to most people's goals and a far way off for the rest
>you have to spend a lot more time per week for progress
>you may look cool eventually but look clumsy as fuck most of the way there

>what are weighted vest
holy shit, this board is retarded.

oh I guess I'll just wear a 150 lbs weighted vest and that'll teach me how to do shrimp squats

do shrimp squats give me glorious bitch tits?
youtube.com/watch?v=_FBuC-VPbRY

>concrete weights are magically diferent than iron bars
ok retard.

You can still get two fucking buckets, fill it with concrete, do a one leg squat while doing something like a farmer walk.

keep being retarded and paying for the goyim membership retard.

tf are you on about. shrimp squats require more than a concrete bucket to learn and the time you spend learning the mechanics of that movement is better spent just focusing on strength if that's your goal.

that's the entire point of going to the gym, sure you can get real strong outside it but you'd be spending a lot more time and effort. that's something worth paying for imo.

a bucket filled with concrete is less than 5 bucks.

enjoy being scammed retard.

Because they are only doable if you are dyel midget.

Because they don't build muscle or strength, they're just for show. They're more of a test of balance than an exercise.

I guess since you're insisting so hard I'm buying a concrete bucket. time to leave humanity behind, see ya later suckers!

>I need to pay 500 bucks for a gym while I can do isometric bodyweight with some concrete weights for free
ok retard.

now the bucket's free. this day just keeps on getting better.

>body build muscle faster because I went to the gym
ok retard.

not faster, easier. and also faster since i'm not wasting time learning how to balance.

unless you're mentally retarded you can make these in one day with 5 bucks.

Attached: CIMG0040.jpg (640x480, 164K)

>>progression is very hard into any advances bw pose compared to adding 5 lbs or +2 reps to your lifts
Of course it's going to be tougher.
That's why it's superior to shit tier strongman training in da gym. It's also why people with a relatively advanced calisthenics base are superior lifters without even trying.

>>most advanced poses require balance and flexibility, not everyone cares about those two things
You actually can't progress in most advanced lifts without balance and flexibility. Unless you're just a shitter power lifter who thinks catback deadlifts and reverse catback benchpress is all well and good.

>>most advanced poses require low bw and that's antithetical to most people's goals and a far way off for the rest
Poses? The fuck are you talking about?
And I honestly don't know of anyone outside of a few subgroups in the fitness culture who think that becoming an obese sack of shit as a goal.

>>you have to spend a lot more time per week for progress
And?

>>you may look cool eventually but look clumsy as fuck most of the way there
Squatting ass to grass or deadlifting will never look cool user.

Attached: Strong motherfucker.jpg (352x604, 77K)

Fpbp

please post lifts/stats/current body

Why did you single me out faggot?
Did I hit too close to home?

Isn’t that Doug Hepburn? Ironic shitting on strongmen while possibly using a picture of one of the greatest?

lol I'm sorry dude, I didn't mean to single you out.

Anybody who thinks that bodyweight training is superior to lifting in every way, please post any evidence of your experience and skill in fitness.

I'm shitting on that absolute fucking retard who claims that you can't get sttrength or have to be small to do bodyweight training and gain from it.

Attached: paul 2.jpg (287x175, 11K)

I'd be amazed if hepburn used bodyweight training as anything other than an accessory to his real strength training.

You people shot first.
Don't duck, squeal like a bitch, then want to talk things out when you run out of bullets when I pull out a knife and a gun.

That is without a doubt the most retarded fucking statement I've ever heard.
There is no such thing as an "accessory" movement when it comes to true strength and fitness.
The mere idea that all things outside of a few lifts are mere accessories is the most insane and idiotic bullshit ever and is part of the reason why the powerlifting/strongman fad is basically fucking over now.

He showed you faggot

Okay? I don't know what sort of silver-bullet argument you think you put forward, but we'd all be more convinced by proof that you actually know what you're talking about.

The idea is that most of his training was traditional strength training, and that any bodyweight training he did was either GPP or an accessory to his main training.

Sometimes I do pullup variations instead of bb rows to get more upper back volume. But it's not the main driver of progress in my training, and it could be mostly replaced by lat pulldowns as far as my goals are concerned.

He was very open about his training methods
It would only take a short google search

I would be more convinced of your position if you had a timestamped pic with your lifts.
You first.
See, my post seems to be, in your mind, so inflammatory that you just have to see who wrote it.
But you conveniently ignore everyone else in the thread.

I remember a cringe inducing video where this bodyweights/calisthenics instructor got in an argument about strength with someone online.

He tried to prove ‘calisthenics builds strength’ by pulling lmao 4pl8s.

It was so sad. Dudes like 6+ feet, if you do any sport or physical activity and can’t pull 4pl8s you might as well not even try to sport.

The BEST calisthenics athletes are weaker than moderate powerlifters. Not saying it’a useless. I add bodyweights to the end of my routine. But it’s also not as much as it’s cracked up to be.

The first time Ross Enamait ever touched a bar for the pourpose of deadlifting he hit 500+ pounds.

You're a lying faggot.

If bodyweight training was better than strength training, it would be used instead of strength training.

A university could spend like $1000 to fully furnish a bodyweight training facility, and then use superior bodyweight training to train their athletes. But why do they spend 100 times more on squat racks, deadlift platforms, bumpers, etc.?

Bodyweight training has been around for much longer than weight training. Why did weight training become more popular if it's less effective? Why was there no fad/period in time where olympic/professional/varsity athletes did most of their training with bodyweight?

These are basic economic arguments for why bodyweight training would be used in place of weight training if it were equal or better. If bodyweight training is actually better at developing athletes, there must be a grand conspiracy (made by who?) that has bamboozled fitness/athletics worldwide for the last 100 years.

TL;DR
Bodyweight training cheaper and more convenient than weight training; It would have caught on if it were actually better.

Most wrestlers and other athletes spend millions on fields and places that allow them to practice their sport, which is 100% bodyweight movements and to do bodyweight exercise.

They spend a pittance on lifting implements in comparison.

Also drugs. Drugs are what allow the modern athlete to fuck around in the gym for hours at a time and make fuck tons of gains then be able to go out onto the field and spend hours training.

If they were all natty, then lifting would be a once in a while thing they did to enhance what they have.

I'm a mediocre lifter (315wilks) and I'm literally just asking you to convince me that you're right by providing evidence. I'm not claiming to be an expert. Also, what is the burden of proof? Or even, Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence?

You might be right, but I'll never know because you're not willing to prove anything. I'd actually be happy to sell off my garage gym and start making better gains with 2 grand in my pocket.

I couldn't find anything by googling doug hepburn bodyweight training. Can you provide a link?

user, the chinese and russians start their kids out with calisthenics gymnastics and pull them from sports with that as base for a reason.

also:
strength-oldschool.com/blogs/news/the-training-and-life-of-strength-legend-doug-hepburn

I understand that specific teams need to spend money on sport specific training facilities, but training facilities that train many types of athletes (like universities) have large, expensive weight rooms. Where are the general purpose "jungle gym" training facilities?

So all modern athletes are on drugs? Even the ones tested ooc? And gymnasts aren't on drugs? Why wouldn't football players just do gymnastics and take drugs and make better gains that using weights and taking drugs?

ctrl + f "bodyweight" only gives results about the wight of his body, not bodyweight training.

>The only purpose of being fit is body dysmorphia
kek, bodyweight faggots reach their natty limit and are more aesthetic to women than gym fags.

And they also play teamsports to provide a general athletic base. Should we just start playing soccer and wrestling, and usher in a new age of sport performance?

Youth olympian training is literally years of GPP to prepare for real training. Then, once the athletes are prepared, they start training to perform in a specific sport. Can you give any examples of prominent junior throwers or weightlifters that only do GPP and technique work?

Read the fucking article you retard.

Are you literally fucking retarded?
They have specific fucking training areas for specific fucking sports. All of which are bodyweight dependent activities.
Also, you don't know the first goddamned thing about how any athletes train or you'd know that they'd need specialized lifting implements for their unique sports and positions in those sports.

And yes. ALL athletes who are college level and up are on fucking drugs. There MIGHT be a few natties like I was, but they're few and far between and washout hard as fuck.

So you're saying I'm 100% correct but want me to name some people in the sport because...what?
I don't follow your logic on this one.

The article says he did a bunch of bodyweight training in his youth, before moving onto weight training. So he did bodyweight as GPP before actually training for the sport.

I'll grant you that he got pretty strong (for the time) by doing bodyweight training. But he was also a great strength athlete; his accomplishments as a young guy were legendary and point to genetic factors. Are there many examples of similarly young and/or heavy men doing 10 handstand pushups?

If I can easily switch to bw training and get to 10 handstand pushups, I'll have gained 20lbs and put something like 60lbs on my OHP. Do you have any guides to get to that, and would they be faster than lifting?

It's a bit ridiculous to claim that they're all in on these grand drug conspiracies, and there haven't been any whistleblowers. Even Russia had a whistleblower.

Wait so are you claiming they actually do all have sport-specific "jungle gyms", or are you claiming that practicing the sport itself is a bodyweight activity(outside of gymnastics)? The former is obviously not true, and the latter is serious goalpost moving. The argument then is basically "Exclusively doing unweighted activities is better than exclusively doing weighted activities for sports", which is obviously true because most sports are done without weight, so technique training would count as a "bodyweight exercise"

Underrated

So yeah.
Trying to downplay one of the worlds strongest mens training methodologies because it shows how little you know and how weak you are.

If you want a guide to doing handstands then follow the one in convict conditioning, building the gymnastic body or that 666 or whatever infopic.
You aren't going to get the cheap ass quick to to the stall pr ego bumps from that.
It will take you months.
But so did the power that Mr.Anderson built.
There is no shortcut.
There is no simple easy ride.
Just a long grind and balls.

Everything in your post is either insane or wrong.

lol okay this is either a lame troll or a schizoid. Have a nice day and report back when you're a decent athlete, or even a "successful" instagram ninja haha

>ignores points
>goes directly to adhom

Good post faggot
Back to PLG with the rest of the gear addled no lifers.

The number one argument for bw exercises seems to be "you can do them anywhere anytime" and "you need no equipment", those break down when you start using equipment (unless you start living with that vest, which I imagine some people do)