Pickup Ball for Cardio

Can we have a quick discussion on pickup basketball? I know this is sort of /sp/-related, but I'm sure a lot of you ball for some extra cardio. Personally I love it because it is a fantastic cardio workout and is 10,000 times more fun than running on a treadmill.

Do you play pickup ball?
How many times a week do you play?
How good do you consider yourself?
Any tips for becoming a better player?

Just a general thread on gym ball. Feel free to share funny stories, advice or experiences.

Attached: bball.jpg (845x476, 432K)

basketball is fun for sure. i've played several pick up games but i'm a pretty shit player. haven't played lately. i recommend learning how to dribble while keeping your head up to get better ball control and learning how to drive for a lay-up. lay-ups are pretty easy imo

Yea I'm really not too great myself but I've come a long way. Had to practice just dribbling and shooting 3's for a long time just to become valuable enough to feel like I can play.

Now I try to play at least twice a week and that practice has gone a really long way, can even bring up the ball now depending on the game's level.

Feels good making bball gains, I can play for hours and not get bored. Such an incredible workout... it keeps you so lean if you play consistently

Don't you feel kind of childish running after a ball in your spare time

Your hobbies must be so much higher brow. Please do tell us how superior you are

>he says unironically as he posts on Jow Forums

Not saying I'm any better but playing around like kids is pretty weird.

i'm quite jelly that you are making good bball gains. you should also learn how to set up a screen. when you screen you're supposed to stand still. just an fyi. also practice free throw shooting because that's one of the most basic shots also

>tfw pick-up ball for cardio master race

yea it really feels good knowing how much better i've gotten

thanks for the feedback. im usually the one dribbling when a screen comes my way. i've learned over time to use the pick HARD because otherwise you won't be creating as much space. if you really charge past the screen then you will get switched on and potentially have a roll opportunity

>Michael Jordan insisted on having a "love of the game" clause in his contracts that allowed him to play in whatever pickup and charity games he wanted

Attached: 1524811603143.png (768x768, 141K)

>browses Jow Forums and deliberately enters thread about basketball that you don’t like
Name one hobby you enjoy, except for shit posting on anonymous image boards.

I like lifting

so much more worthwhile than basketball!

>picking something up and putting it down in the exact same spot
You, sir, are truly a refined gentleman. My apologies.

I used to lift at a YMCA; it had a basketball court and i'd play pickup games all the time. Was fun as fuck.

The only court i have access to now is an outdoor one near my house, but it's always full of blacks and i'm not comfortable trying to play with them.

if you cant shoot or dribble, watch some videos on how to have a proper defensive stance and lock people down

>utilizing effective training methods to remain strong, attractive and youthful
>frolicking around chasing a ball to throw it into a net
You have made your choices

do you guys ever watch nba games to maybe pick things up from the pros? the playoffs are going on right now so you could pick up a few tricks here and there

I can't dunk and jacking up 25 footers every position is an easy way to get your ass kicked so this probably isn't the best idea

I lift at an LA fitness which has a basketball court. I dont get to play pickup a lot because I usually go at like 9 am when nobody's there.

But I really enjoy just practicing my shot and my handles by myself. I've got a great routine where I'll shoot 5 threes from each corner, wing, and the top of the arc and then run a suicide for each shot that I miss. Running suicides while dribbling is also a great way to improve handles.

I love to play dirty so I get in fights at the outdoor court by my house. I live in an area with mostly spics and very few nigs so I fucking dominate the paint even at 6’. They all call me Larry cuz I wear an old Larry Bird jersey. Do recommend but be ready to get punched if you play dirty as fuck like I do.

>that guy that is always at your pickup ball court that everybody hates

Ha ha actually you got me. But I am also picked early and spend very little time off the court even if my team loses the next team asks me to play with them because I play hard. I did have a drink Navajo tell me he was gonna go home and eat his gun once but I just laughed and said ‘you can’t buy bulets with EBT’ and never saw him again.

Jesus not eat his gun GET his gun

The NBA is so beyond the average skill level that it's pretty useless lol. Plenty of youtube videos to watch and college ball is closer as well. Even sick college athletes usually stick to fundamentals and basic plays because coaches only have a year to make a functional team

Not basketball, but I do play a few football matches a week as opposed to other cardio. When there's a ball to chase and a game to win I can run so much more.

>europoors