>Won't I be hungry?
Not after a few days
>Why not just limit calories?
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27
>Won't I go into starvation mode?
No, only occurs at extremely low body fat
>Won't I lose muscle?
Not if you lift. Minimal even if you don't. Fasting boosts HGH
>How long will it take me to lose X lbs/kg?
.5-1lbs/day of fat on average.
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
*water weight not included
>Can I eat (something with calories)?
A: No
>Can I drink coffee or tea? Diet soda?
Coffee and tea are probably okay. Sweeteners are probably bad. This is debatable
>So only drink water?
For longer fasts, supplement electrolytes. When you feel bad, mix around 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp potassium chloride/citrate in water and sip it throughout the day or take it as a shot. Adjust as needed. Headache=more salts. Watery shits=more water
>Where do I find potassium chloride/citrate?
Stores would have them where they keep the salt. Names include NoSalt, LoSalt, etc.
>Do I need a multivitamin?
Not unless you're going for a month+
>How long does it take to get into ketosis?
Everyone's different. Just stop eating

GLOSSARY
Autophagy: When your body eats useless cells (loose skin, scar tissue, etc). A benefit of fasting
Dry Fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, but it may speed up autophagy
Insulin: Hormone that regulates fat retention. Spiked by eating, especially carbs. Probably spiked by artificial sweeteners
Keto: Very low or zero carb diet that limits insulin and triggers ketosis.
Ketosis: When your body has used all of its carbs/glycogen and starts using fat for fuel

Attached: sea-otter-from-aquarium.jpg (1826x1217, 934K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Raz5BhY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

RESOURCES
>FUNG LECTURES
youtube.com/watch?v=YpllomiDMX0
>THE BASICS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
>BENEFITS
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160
>CANCER
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI
>AUTOPHAGY
cell.com/cell-stem-cell/abstract/S1934-5909(14)00151-9
>HUNGER
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29105987
>MUSCLE
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803
>DISCORD
discord.gg/Raz5BhY

i ate 14 rose petals and licked a block of wood, did I break my fast?

Doing an experiment this week, eating carnivore diet during refeeds. Will report results next water fast in a few days. I'm already close to my goal (10% bodyfat), not sure if/how this will affect the outcome.

How do you cut down on water weight? I've tried dry fasting 16 hours after some cardio in a hot room, and it helped but I felt like I was dying.

Attached: IMG_8869.jpg (568x749, 89K)

Probably not a good idea to mix dry fasting and intense exercise/sweating. You lost a lot of electrolytes and water before you even began. Next time start at baseline. You'll lose water weight while dry fasting and water fasting, but with water fasting I notice the water weight tends to come off a lot on refeed days as well.

60 hrs in lads

Attached: bird.png (475x485, 374K)

Nigga I'm desperate I was stuck at 262!for weeks then one day of dry fasting dropped me to 255

Dry fasting is great but it's fucking hardcore. Are you already fat-adapted? That will make fasting way, way easier, water and dry.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 3.10.23 PM.png (635x98, 25K)

I've been in keto for months, but any kind of fasting is still hell for me.

Sad thing is I was losing like 5 pounds a week before I ate half a pizza and a baked potato on Easter, after that I couldn't lose any weight unless I dry fast

40+ hours in and god damn I'm getting hungry. Day 2 sucks ass.

Stay busy. Play some vidya, marathon the LotR extended editions.

how have your workouts been the past day(s)?

Attached: 1508253821925.jpg (1404x861, 146K)

>woke up this morning starving as fuck and almost gave into temptations
>at around the 70 hour mark at noon, my hunger is completely gone

I've done it bros. I've hit ketosis

Attached: zyzz dubs.jpg (604x453, 60K)

>Starting 18/6 and quitting caffeine at the same time
The fasting was easy for the first week, but I started the no caffeine 4 days ago.
I only drank ~100mg/day, but I'm still feeling exhausted and unmotivated.

there isnt an 18th month, idiot

My sister bought me a hamburger and a fish sandwich and I had to eat it or she would throw a fit because she wanted to look like a good person who always buys me shit even if I don't want it.

The reason why I started OMAD was because I was tired of getting her leftovers. I'm not her fucking dog and I'm tired of getting treated like one. I can't wait until I move.

I gained 3 pounds and my stomach hurts. I should have not eaten.

Now I have to start all over again.

I hate her so much.

Attached: 572839146.jpg (654x585, 23K)

Just been doing cardio and they've been fine.

alright going for a 10 day fast starting today. any tips besides taking potassium/salt?

>its her fault I ate like dog shit wahh
stop making excuses for being a fatass. You could have easily said no firmly. So you're either a pussy who can't cause a wave or a fatty looking for an excuse.

Don't set an arbitrary goal, just do it until your body tells you it's time to stop.

im celebrating my own birthday with a big party in 12 days. i dont wanna go in fully fasted and i dont just not want to eat/drink anything. i'll just go again afterwards.

I've reached my goal, and I don't know what to make my next goal. Is there a good calc/website?

Honestly, I thought 30kg would be a much bigger difference. I've dropped from a 4XL to an L, I feel like I look good in a shirt, but once it's off - ew.

Went from 132kg (291lb) to 99kg (218lb) since December. Was doing 3-4 day fast a week and OMAD for the rest. Although not religiously, had off weeks occasionally. I'm 179cm (5'11") if that helps.

Attached: progress.png (1629x1470, 2.2M)

Honestly, you look like you have no muscle so I would just keep cutting until you're not flabby (but also not lean because then you'll be a skeleton) and then start lifting.

Or do IF + Keto and lifting while you lose the remainder of the weight so you'll get newb gains and will look better while you're doing it.

shave your head

why the fuck do you wear your pants so low? where does your ass crack start?

Thanks, much appreciated.
Nice, useful, feedback.
Used to emphasis the gut, didn't want to tuck it into the pants. Thanks for your super useful comment, maybe drink some electrolytes.

you didn't answer my question about your asscrack

got a root canal on thursday. should I eat something before? I dont know how my body would react to all the shots they'll put in my mouth to numb me

>132kg (291lbs)
>4XL

What the fuck. I was 140kg (310lbs) at my heaviest and I not only looked way fatter than you, I only wore normal XLs.

>Feel so hungry I can't fall asleep

Starving yourself really is hell

Great work user! Awesome you documented it, most of us have been too lazy to take pics. That's amazing progress, definitely keep going, at your height I'd cut to about 180lbs then decide where to go from there based on how you look and feel.

Well done, 'mate. I would suggest that you cut even further so you at least reach 80kg or less. If you're still unsatisfied with that, then maybe start lifting.

Keep it up.

DYEL faggot?

Attached: VQIC4900.png (558x614, 26K)

The last kilos make the largest visual difference. Keep going.
We're all gonna make it brahs.

How much should I be eating on a 16-8 fast?
A typical 20% deficit or is it safe to go lower?
I'm not overweight, just a healthy lifter on a cut.

Snack size hershey bar, yay or nay? I haven't had chocolate in ages and I want some. COME ON GUYS LET ME HAVE SOME

Thinking about freezing my gym membership and stopping working out for about 2-3 months since you can't workout when you're doing multi-day fasts anyways (doing refeeds during weekends and fast as long as I can during weekdays). I mean I have a few weights at home so I can still do some workouts but I'll only be doing this until I'm good with my body fat and then I can go back to OMAD.

Should I do it /fast/?

Have you thought of communicating with her? You know, like someone who's not an autist?

nice man, keep it up

no.

Its okay as long as you're comfortable being a lard ass

i’m 3 days in and have only drank water and coffee

I haven’t gotten hungry at all yet but I have a headache coming on

is there something wrong with me or what

thanks for the reinforcement boys, much needed

youre going to die

I'd say go to 70kg. I'm the same height and it looks like we both have the same muscle mass (basically nothing). 70 is when you can start a lean bulk.

Alright /fast/, I got a question for you here: can I get into ketosis faster if I do a load of cardio on the first couple of days of a fast? It makes sense to me cause you'd be using burning up your glycogen stores faster. Pls no bully am brainlet.

Attached: 1476214786364 (1).gif (292x219, 991K)

ok will eat a sandwich

Nigga you need some electrolytes.

You should be doing light workouts on fasts. That's how you enter ketosis quicker and trigger the hormone boosts.

Ottermode is shit, this meme needs to die now

>Autist
You sound just like her. Kill yourself.

If I refused she would have gotten mad. It's not my fault that she wastes her money on junk food. Why should I feel guilty because she buys hundreds of dollars of junk food every money and eats it all at once?

Like a sports drink?

>december 18
How did you go forward in time to do that photo?

That's the thing. I have a bench at home with some decent, about 150lbs max, and I do cardio everyday through cycling everywhere. So what the gym gives me access to is just more weights.

I also literally went there like 3 times past month and I'm not doing much progress.

>tfw 60 hours into fast
>break fast with pound cake and chips
I want to kms

Yep, anything that burns glycogen stores should get you there faster. I don't do it though, fasting and exercise do not mix for me.

I'm the user who broke his dry fast with spicy tomato soup, just reporting back that everything went fine. I was expecting acid reflux or something else but nothing bad happened.

Attached: tomato sign language.gif (480x260, 1.11M)

That's fine. Just convince yourself that what you did was an OMAD and restart fasting the following day. Don't give up.

Pics of sister

How much of a different will 18:6 and 23:1 make when intermittent fasting?

meh

Attached: plasma insulin fasting hours.jpg (1024x1024, 129K)

What is the opinion of /fast/ to weed?

Attached: ArnoldNumeroUno.jpg (641x438, 58K)

I feel kind of a constant mild high while water fasting, I bet weed would hit much harder than usual. Also the cravings for food might get out of control. But it shouldn't break a fast because it's both zero calorie and isn't metabolized in your gut unless you eat it.

Is there a charity organisation funding research into fasting?

There's my Jow Forums.

>28 hours into my water fast
Just opened my fridge, saw a bag of carrots, got sad, and now im headed to bed.

Aiming for a 100lbs in 60 days.

Day 1(officially)
1 Hour of Low impact Cardio - 2lbs
Ice Bath - 2 - lbs
8 hours of sleep - 1lb

Lost 5 lbs on day one. How long can I expect this to continue at this rate?
I'm 5 days fasted currently.

Attached: peeyourpants.png (211x148, 50K)

There are also powerlifters and mma-fighters who have tried the prolonged fasting diet. That being said, there is nothing wrong with ottermode provide that you start bulking and lifting once you reach it.

You did not gain three pounds of bodyfat.

What the fuck is the point of sodium potassium salt water if I feel fine? They say drink it everyday but it seems unnecessary

How many days are you into your fast? Some people start having aching muscles, headaches and dizziness after day 4 if they don't get their electrolytes.

who here /gin and lemon/ to sleep?

Practically zero difference. Time to cut down to skelly mode

take it nonetheless
your body won't get electrolytes out of thin air

Started fast in june. Down 44 lbs. Eat 800 calories in 30 gram premier protein shakes. Too lazy to mix powder, buy packs from sams, about $1.20 a shake, 5 shakes a day. Take dr. Prescribed phentermine 18 mg a day. Home scale says 17 % bodyfat, 43% muscle. Good 2k$ dr. Scale says 23 % bodyfat. Will probably stay on fast for another 13 lbs.

Attached: 50835667.jpg (488x488, 58K)

water weight

Im your height, still fat at 175, down from 270 lbs. You need to cut down to 160, good start though.

OH NO SHE WOULD BE MAD????? END OF THE FUCKING WORLD HUH NO WAY THAT WOULD BLOW OVER AND POTENTIALLY STOP HER FROM BUYING YOU SHIT IN THE FUTURE RIGHT? WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HERE YOU FAT FAGGOT? "IT'S NOT MY FAULT"? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING RIGHT NOW

just drink sugar free monster

I don’t buy it

post ur best otter mode physique

are nootropics like phenibut fine on a fast?

Is there anything wrong with doing 72 hour fast with 1 hour eating window?

Nope, do it and enjoy your meal bud. Try to make sure it's a big meal if you're just fasting for health purposes and not to lose weight, but if your goal is weight loss, a regular ketomeal will be your best bet I think

you can ween yourself off of it.
not a doc but imo its unnecessary if you're going to change your lifestyle to fresh fruits and veggies after fasting. should be the same effect.

it was a bad idea to leave a bag of twix in my closet.... fuck

>have a pack of 100 grand minis in the freezer
>just in case
draw strength from your hidden idol. Know that it's there should you need it but realize that it only keeps its power as long as it's there.

>realize that it only keeps its power as long as it's there.
is that a good thing?

Honestly doing this while working feels horrible. I can handle not eating but feeling groggy and unmotivated at work doesn't feel good at all

Starting a 3-4 day fast its go time

Can I be otter

Attached: DB0F7317-6745-4D8D-9CB6-52A3CA411424.jpg (750x1334, 62K)

>He thinks 1 hour of low impact cardio or an ice bath can possibly equal 2lbs fat loss
Read the sticky, brace for the impact of when reality hits.

What does the sticky say that contradicts snakemans claims?

So what world do you live in where muscle catabolism doesn’t exist? Working out and not eating will help retain muscle??? The fuck?

finally gonna fast and stop being a fat fuck. I've gained 35 pounds since getting out of basic over a year ago cause I got hella lazy with my cardio after running a marathon last year. Also I want to fast for religious reasons but I can't properly do that while wanting to lose weight since it would skew my intentions and be less genuine. So for my health, my wife, and my God I will fast till I'm not a fat faggot. Wish me luck brewskis

Attached: buffapustaja.png (1428x1072, 68K)

I've been in keto for months. I've fasted for weeks at a time and I'm on a 60 day fast. What does this mean? Nothing here contradicts the sticky.

>be your body
>oh no, im not getting food anymore! better eat my own muscle to survive instead of the fat I stored away! fuck getting that rabbit you need to catch to survive, YUM YUM MUSCLE

A local anaesthetic shouldn't have any systemic effects. The shots just numb the nerves in the area they want to do the dental work. Continue your fast user.

>recently finished a month-long weight loss challenge at work
>other employees lost maybe 5-10lbs doing normie diets
>meanwhile i lost 25lbs in a month by fasting 2-3 days a week and eating whatever i wanted the rest of the time
>won an easy $100

99kg and he thinks he's gonna look good
get down to 65 FATTY, then work your way up without expanding your GUT