Gonna stop drinking alcohol, lads

Gonna stop drinking alcohol, lads.

Attached: 1493048556132-GettyImages-615944966.jpg (620x372, 47K)

Now what are you going to do?

Sort myself out, I guess.

/teetotal/ boiz run this board and we're all with you, Donald bless

Been sober for 2, almost 3 years now. For some (like me) it helps clear your head and I am now in better physical condition. We're gonna make it bro.

Good m8, more for me.
Btw can you drive me to a party and pick me up like 3-4am I don't know exactly.

Attached: 1516142218541.jpg (490x490, 67K)

what does absinthe look like as compared to the drawbacks of alcohol

Stopped drinking since I started my cut in Feb. Genuinely feel much better day to day.

Checked, we have been sober the same amoubt of time exactly! Best shape of mynlife now!

Attached: images.jpg (228x221, 8K)

I can't drink without getting really depressed. Quitting was a good decision.

What?

I took a few months off from drinking because there were two weeks just after my 21st where the availability of liquor and a lot of excess income from a lucrative summer job made it so I was able to drink heavily every single day.
I have never felt shittier than I did the few days after I stopped where I felt like quite literally all of my physical strength was completely drained and I had a difficult time standing up.
Now I just drink socially on weekends (only with friends) and never get black-out drunk.
Good luck my guy, it's kinda tough at first but it's not bad after a while.

This happened to me a lot and was one of the reasons I had such a difficult time getting over a long relationship with a nasty break-up.
Stopped drinking for a bit, stopped texting her because I wasn't drunk enough to think it was a good idea, eventually got over it and got with a new girl who I realize is 100% better. Nicer, more supportive, less of an emotional shitshow.
Good on you user.

this unironically

>he doesnt swallow poison to turn himself into a legitimate mental retard for a few hours
Heh. Okay kid.

Attached: 01b.png (640x400, 39K)

>gonna stop
>implying he's drank alcohol before
>actually never gonna make it anywhere in life because only degenerates drink alcohol

Gotta get that retard strength, bro

I drink it like twice a year during weddings and holidays.

Congrats bro.

This. this was me and many others I know.

I’ve been drinking 3-4 shots of whiskey or vodka before bed for at least a decade, and occasionally getting shitfaced with double the shots.

I woke up feeling kind of shitty today and I know it’s the booze. I’ve been to the doctor recently and have no liver problems, I look great, but I want to stop drinking altogether. Jow Forums needs a nightly #nobooze support thread.

Attached: 7B1A5AD4-DD93-488D-AA12-8E13365359E4.jpg (3543x4602, 1.06M)

>Jow Forums needs a nightly #nobooze support thread
Go to /ck/ and browse through their alcoholic threads if you're really looking for motivation to quit.

>a nightly #nobooze support thread.

They happen all the time irl, it's called AA. Get a sponsor bro.

I'm at day 8 and I feel no different. Maybe I wasn't drinking enough before.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking.

I don't need a cult

Also accepting Jesus. Shit is a religious cult in disguise.

That's not true. You just need a loosely defined "higher power". The purpose of that step is to reduce your ego.

Thanks for the /ck/ thing, but still. A nightly nobooze/ gonna make it/ hangovers ruin workouts/ sips not shots thread would help.
It’s a fitness board and fitness also includes discussion of things that are anti-fitness, hence the fat hate threads.

hahaha, you'll fit right in but.

You don't have to accept Jesus fgt. you just need to accept that there is something greater than you in this universe. It could be nature or community, or a cosmic doorknob. It really doesn't matter.

>Jow Forums needs a nightly #nobooze support thread.
>the world needs to change to accomodate me
good luck making it

I quit at the beginning of the year, so 4 months at this point. I got drunk alone in my room most nights. On weekends I'd go out and get wasted to try and talk to girls and usually end up in some risky business either in my favor or many times not. I miss that first sip of beer after work, it felt like my brain could let out a sigh and proceed to push back all of the existential thoughts and self doubt. Alcohol provides you an illusion of reality.

I still eat like shit and am still lazy. but I set some goals for the year and have already got a new job. About to pay my car off to become debt free and finally move out of my moms place at 26. I only care about building wealth, practicing a healthy lifestyle and surrounding myself with good people.

Attached: 1397354738746.png (337x338, 32K)

see

That's fuck all user, 2-4 drinks is considered moderate drinking. Alcoholics have 30+ a day.

2-4 drinks a week is moderate. 2-4 drinks a night could be considered alcoholic.

No, you just made this up.

nigga what do you think absinthe is??

Made it 5 years sober, then started drinking again when my dad died. Working hard to ramp it back down to zero consumption again lads

Attached: 1516785420284.jpg (225x224, 10K)

I'm guessing a lot of this shit on Jow Forums about alcoholism is coming from younger guys here, or maybe it's just generally the tee-total attitude towards alcohol in canada and the US, but a whole lot of people here confuse drinking too much or maybe even a "drinking problem" with actual "alcoholism".

I've worked manual labor jobs with actual alcoholics, though you could dub them "functional" they literally drank all day. They'd hide booze all over work, bring a bottle in their coat pocket in the morning. Drink a few when they wake up, drink at both break and lunch, maybe even sneak a few in between. Some would leave work at 5 concealing their drunkenness and then go home/to a bar to drink away the rest of their money and then wake the next day and do it all again.

While you could say drink 3-4 drinks a night could be "a problem" and unhealthy, it certainly doesn't make you an alcoholic. People drank pretty heavily historically. Daily in most of europe (and near east before Islam) wasn't really even counted as drinking. A glass or two of wine or a couple of pints with a meal was commonplace and wasn't really even considered "drinking". Not to say that you SHOULD do that, but there seems to be a very "either barely drink at all or it's a problem" type attitude.

I need to stop. Drunk me can be really reckless in my sense of adventure. It's hard to though, as it's so much easier to do well at parties while drunk. I'm so much more confident and funnier 3-4 beers in. I'm definitely a huge risk for alcoholism though, and have kind of bordered the substance abuse side of things a bit too often. Self medicating depression isn't great.

I think the key is just moderation, only drinking when there's an actual reason to drink. Not just meeting at a bar with a friend because the day at work was stressful. I should probably also avoid drugs...

I would say a /sig/ daily would encapsulate everything wonderfully. I love sig.

>not occasionally drinking with the bois
never gonna make it

Lmao 3-4 drinks a night is nowhere near a problem.
My father is an alcoholic. He will drink 2 or 3 shots of tequila in the morning. Then a couple of beers in the afternoon and would finish a whole bottle of wine at night. Every day.
I'm not an alcoholic by any means because I know hoe destructive it can be, but when I drink I usually do it because I fucking hate parties and being shitfaced is the only thing I can do to enjoy myself. Although I tend to crazy stupid shit when I'm im that state (really fucking crazy shit) and the worst of all is that I don't remember one thing about it.
I've learnt that doing coke or molly in a party is much less destructive than alcohol. For my body, my mental health and my social life. But that' s only because I barely go partying or clubbing. Only when there's a really good DJ in town, some special event like a friend''s birthday party or when I'm djing myself.

>3-4 shots
lmao, okay little man

Used to drink a handle every weekend of vodka or something shitty. Said fuck it went cold turkey because i was making other mental/physical gains in my life. I still drink some beers if i'm going out and being social but no drinking just to drink anymore. I'm sure my body is thanking me.

Keep it up, bro. Don't fucking relapse, it's not worth it. You'll spiral quickly.

I call bullshit. You would have developed a tolerance within the first few months of doing this, let alone a decade, which would lead you to drink more to achieve the desired effect.

under 14 a week is considered moderate

This. I know people who can go drinking 3-4 nights a week easy but it's always after work and if they couldn't drink then they'd be fine.

I only ever met one alcoholic. He would come into work drunk, kept a flask on him and would 'sneak' drinks throughout the day. On lunch he'd go sit in his car and down a 6-pack and try not to fall over coming in.

thats rough user, my dad died too last year. I nevef really understood what grief meant till then. we are all gonna make it friend

I sometimes think about stopping drinking but then I think about the 5 gallons of mead I have had ageing under the cabinet for the past 5 months.

>mfw made it 50 days and relapsed
Fuck me. And GODAMN I was feeling so good... and making so much gains

Attached: 8e8.png (509x619, 8K)

I never want to quit drinking but only drinking socially is the way to go.

Probably should if you're thinking about it that usually means you need to.

I'm on day 7. Catch you dudes back in /ck/

I used to down a half bottle of bourbon each night. I started really hating myself and decided enough was enough. Lost 10 lbs in a month and feel great

m8 it's okay to enjoy yourself. if you give it up completely than it controls you. Discipline is enjoying yourself within your goals.

How to into Hank Moody mode?

Attached: hank-moody.jpg (720x720, 113K)

>While you could say drink 3-4 drinks a night could be "a problem" and unhealthy, it certainly doesn't make you an alcoholic.
Get a load of this faggot trying to rewrite definitions. Fuck off alcoholic faggot.

This. I'm a bartender, and man, I can tell you 2-4 drinks a night is nothing. Try coming in at 6, leaving at last call racking up a tab of 60-70 dollars everyday talking the whole time about the wife you avoid and the kid you never see.
That's alcoholism, that's being a barfly.

>needs to be around his boyfriends every night
Hahahahahahaha faaag

Fuck off loser.

This is why you don't trust people who never drink.

>implying I never drink
Okay normie.

>asks for a support group in an anonymous taiwanese yu ghi oh trading card forum
>because he thinks 3 shots a night is a huge problem
>calls anyone else a loser

Anons, ignore the sad cunts in here saying nightly drinking isn't alcoholism, go look up the definition of alcoholism. People who demand to change definitions are no different than SJWs it's all about protecting their fee fees and avoiding any self awareness or trying to keep other people from improving themselves.

>implying I have a support group
You seem awfully agitated norman. Maybe go have a few with "the lads" i.e. the group of strangers who slightly acknowledge your existence, take the edge off
>implying you don't just drink by yourself
Loooooser kek

So which one is it? Do I drink with my friends or do I drink alone? So much projection in one post. Holy shit.

>triggered
Kek

Attached: Jokesonthem.jpg (349x642, 26K)