runnersworld.co.uk/health/the-rw-complete-guide-to-stretching-for-runners

>running injuries and how to treat them
runnersconnect.net/running-injuries/

>How to Buy the Right Running Shoes
archive.is/VGoxG

>running form
youtube.com/watch?v=e7m205ZIxBE

>Sprint Training Advice
>A number of current and former professionals and coaches have posted in this thread. Read it thoroughly.
letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=4995196

>pain
mensrunninguk.co.uk/top-feature/push-through-the-pain/

How far have you run this week?
What are you working on?
How was your last run?
Any new gear that you've been enjoying?

Attached: 1525134859061.jpg (735x1102, 79K)

aspiring boxer here

will I hurt myself if I run in chuck taylors?
I don't need speed or distance... I'm just trying to put out effort to improve my stamina

if i had a nearby track or grass field that i knew was clean i would rather run barefoot than in chucks
They have no cushioning and they pinch my toes together
probably be annoying as fuck
but feet are pretty tough and you could probably make yourself get used to it if you had to

If you're just after stamina, then do jump rope. No need to worry about speed or distance that way, just endurance.

Bought some of these last night. Should get here Thursday. Pretty fucking pumped senpai. Anyone else run in these?

Attached: IMG_7919.jpg (2048x1365, 289K)

meme

Is any of this shit good?

Attached: HFAMZgw.png (770x813, 432K)

When you faggots are talking about running 10k, is that with absolutely no walking in between?

I have minimal shoes let me tell you do not walk or especially run on concrete with them.

Yes fat fuck

I have flat foot I always hated running. I recently started

Stupid question. How do I run? Bottom ball of foot first?

Attached: GFR3ptgraphic_GoodvsCommonform.png (2192x2212, 230K)

I've heard good shit from the kinvara 8 but it's the same shit from last year's model

nice meme

I do 10 km, 3-4 times a week now. Run on a track, lots of people but it's alright.

actually, I had flat feet for the longest time. wasn't till I really started running past 10k that I really noticed that my feet are actually forming a real arch.

Attached: 1522815391586.jpg (421x307, 16K)

Kinvara
Or Fastwitch for a faster more lively pair of boots

I have a 10k in a month that I won last year
I'm not training like I had been though
I feel like the window for me to build up endurance is closing quickly

Running my first marathon on Sunday. The longest run I did was a 33k three weeks ago.
During that run I felt like dying for the last 5k. Just the thought of running 9 more makes me faint.
Now, I've been tapering the last two weeks. How effective is a proper taper? Will it help me significantly in cracking the last 9k? Because if not, I'm fucked.
Also, how much should I run in the last week?

Other question: How do you fuel up during the run? I've heard a gel, every half hour, starting from minute 30, is a good rule of thumb...

Yes

I visited my parents for a week and gained 8 pounds. Did no running whatsoever. Ran 10k yesterday and broke my pr by 90 seconds. Wtf is happening? Why am I faster after gaining weight and not running for a while.

You let your muscles rest.

Yes taper will help and your mental condition will be much stronger on race days. Seeing older people running alongside will motivate you.
Fueling is a bit trickier since it depends on the individual. Have you tried the gels during your previous long run?

Oh god no user don't do that

>How far have you run this week?
I did soms resting over the Valborg holiday, so I've only done two 15k runs this week. Doing another 15k today. Still doing pretty slow recovery runs after my ultra.

>What are you working on?
I'm training to qualify for the elite group at the biggest race in my country ( A 31 km race). Got very close last year.

>How was your last run?
Quite bad, had some big vegan burgers for lunch and then ran right after that.

>Any new gear that you've been enjoying?
An S-lab hydration vest that I got pretty cheap while on vacation in Italy. Fits really well and carries just the right amount of liquid. I also feel that my posture benefits from carrying things on my chest rather than on my back.