/fat/ - Fat as Fatass general

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/ people who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1501614235316.png (248x454, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qlOTNtUvhe8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

/fat/ survey: what’s one tip you wish you knew when you started?

Start before you get fat

>be del ogros de las Americanas
>down to 187 from 260
>doc still makes offhand remark about me "being a big guy"

The ride never ends.

Every day is cardio day.

Attached: 1523581771243.gif (750x750, 1.87M)

>weigh in at 212 yesterday
>eat the usual stuff
>this morning take a huge shit and piss
>I bet I just lost 3 pounds with that alone
>hop on scale
>211.6

Attached: 1511251455012.jpg (480x360, 42K)

shit is unbelievably light
i think its because food is mostly water weight and the water in food gets absorbed long before you shit it out
ive only ever lost half a pound after shitting and that was from dropping a 9 inch long colon-tearing behemonth that had the girth of a monster can

Discharged from the reserves last March weighing in at 220.
Weighing in today at 174 and I can kind of see abs at times, feels good.

>lose a fuck ton of weight
>people ask me how I'm doing it
>tell them
>proceed to not believe me

Attached: 1523744793558.jpg (547x480, 16K)

Confess.

Attached: 1516516220223.png (1229x1160, 58K)

Just make up something absolutely batshit next time someone asks
>Yeah I lost all this weight by drinking a cup of my own piss with every meal, really helps burn off the fat
>Oh, I just went on a raw potatoes diet, and ate a raw potato for every meal, 6 meals a day
Etc

>shit is light

no

After i piss and take a dump in the morning i can easily drop 3 pounds

I finally have nothing to confess today. I'm gonna make it.

Attached: 0YTAaTj.png (540x391, 121K)

The only reason I'm trying to lose weight is because I set a goal to lose 30 pounds by July for a convention and so far I'm on track, but I don't know what I will do after that time comes. I don't know if I'll hit that goal and if I do hit that goal will I continue to lose another 30 pounds to hit my goal weight? If I don't hit that goal will I just give up trying to lose weight and go back to bad habits? Will I hit that goal and say "good enough" and stay at that weight?

Attached: 1494715796343.png (486x593, 222K)

>not saying you use wiifitness a couple times a month

I posted this in another thread, but I was away for the last two weeks in order to undergo training for a potential new job. When I came back, my scale said I gained 17 pounds.

I hope the majority of that is water weight, but holy fuck.

Don't get fat in the first place.

For somebody whose NEW to weight training (and by new I mean 2 fucking trips to the gym so far) what are some exercises I should focus on and how many times a week should I focus on one thing (arms, chest, legs)?

I enjoy FPH threads despite being flabby with a BMI of approximately 27 and BF% of about 30-35. They keep me motivated.

I frequented Jow Forums over the last month despite my current exercise routine just being cardio for a half hour for 3 days a week.

I am going to start SS tonight and I am afraid of going to the gym. My 1 rep max in high school for bench was 75 pounds (not kidding).

I am trying to lose weight literally to get girls and not for myself.

I lost 6 pounds this month and at this rate it will take me 3 more months to get at 'normal' BMI.

>>>/sticky/

it's the first post in this board. it's literally unmissable. you had to scroll past it to get to this post. you read the sticky, right?

Came here from Jow Forums's self improvement general thread. I'll read the sticky. Just wasn't sure if there was any extra added advice.
I also am running 2 miles every time I go to the gym because I've got some belly fat I'm trying to get rid of too. Not much, but I'd be happy to see that shit disappear.

if youre fat idaerobics for 30 minutes at least 3 tiems a week and lifting weights also at least 3 times a week
just ask the pt to make you a routine

I ate pizza today after like, 3 months or so without a cheat day, most I've sinned has been like 3 cookies one day or so.

I feel absolutely horrible about the pizza, I regret it even though it might even have been good for carbs refill after cutting with very little carbs so long.

I'm just so tired of being so fucking fat, according to my math I should hit 1/2/3/4 pl8s in 5 weeks if my lifts don't stall. But I'm still 220 lbs at 5'10 wtf.

I've lost like 2 pounds per week for a total of 25 over last couple months only lifting and dieting, no cardio.

What the fuck do you think? I feel like shit, is lifting a meme?

Attached: 1525134641791.jpg (1059x1078, 142K)

Doing IF again from Monday after eating maintinence for the weekend and not loosing weight. Under calories goal by 100 btw. Meanwhile I easily lost 10 pounds just before this now stuck at 172lb. What the fuck

It was my brother's birthday a couple days ago and I ate like a pig. I took out three plates of food full of chicken, BBQ meat, fried rice, and pastries, 3 slices of ice cream cake, drank 2 cokes and 1 sprite etc. I must have taken in at least 5000 calories that night.

If its a convention to cosplay, make the next cosplay you do someone skinnier. That way, you'll have a new goal

I want to grab a snack from the kitchen but there's family over and I don't want them to see me so I guess no snacks for me

bugs...

I started doing this someone posted awhile ago.

No idea if it's good or useful, but I'm mostly lifting for the sake of lifting at this point.

Attached: 1523486248437.jpg (736x1041, 106K)

Is there a good way to change my bodys set point. There has got to be a way to naturally make your body realize its too fat and want to go down to a healthy point.
Its not normal to be fat, it never has been.

I have skinny friends who want to gain weight, but no matter how much they eat they just burn it off.

I'm confused as fuck.
Even after loosing 60 lbs, if I ever stop dieting my body just wants to baloon back up. I dont eat unhealthy at all. Fuck this

Just activate your chakras, bro. But seriously it's completely about disciplined eating. If you fuck up you will gain weight.

ngl i'd like nothing more than to be one of those great big potbellied powerlifters you see sometimes but i'm worried about my health
i wish there was an easier way to gain weight in a healthy way

Pickles are a god send.

Just checked my weight after 2 and a half months. Lost 12kg. 28 to go. We're gonna make it.

Doing EC stack for 4 days now, almost-fasting (few pieces of cheese for breakfast, coffee with heavy cream) for 3 days.
Today decided to start eating again, couldn't finish one chicken breast.
Is it my stomach shrinking from fasting, or EC stack reducing appetite?

Lay off the carrots Bugs

Im just trying to figure out why im fat in the first place.
Ive been fat since before I could speak.
Ive eaten the same homemade food as everyone else, I just was always driven to eat too much.
There has to be some biological basis. Maybe if i understand it I can better overcome it.

It's called behaviorism. Your pleasure centers are activated when you eat so you are physically rewarded by food. It's the same way you train a dog. The difference is that you're not a dog. You can make a deliberate effort to not eat whenever you want pleasure because you realize that if you don't you going to die at fifty of an obesity induced illness.

I broke my fast earlier than I intended but ate clean today. Back on the horse tomorrow. Was really tempted buy some candy but managed to fight the urge.
fuck yeah man, pickles are a staple snack for me. even drink the juice after the pickles are gone.

did you really, or do you just think you did
have you never snacked late at night or ate two plates of that homemade meal

there's nothing to figure out bud. You're overweight because you take in more calories than you expend. Really simple here. Your daily life, I'm gonna make an assumption here, isn't or at least wasn't super active in your earlier years (you're on Jow Forums after all). You have no idea how much energy your family uses to compare yourself to. Stop thinking about it in terms of "why am I fat and not them" and start thinking about it as, "how can I lose weight and achieve a healthy lifestyle I can commit to"

All babies are fat, you being over fed and under stimulated as a kid COULD be your parents fault if you want to look at it like that, but now you're an adult. No one else is to blame for you being fat after your 19th birthday and that's assuming you were fat at 18 and it took you a year to lose the weight.

Will I lose weight if I only eat a cup of rice and drink non sugared coffee and tea

It was my first day of my summer job and the manager ordered pizza for everyone for lunch. I ate 3 slices. Even though I'm still under my calories for the day, I feel guilty. Forgive me Father.

Well yeah but you're also more likely to yo-yo and start stuffing your face if you go ultra hard like that. Shit like that is already incredibly difficult to sustain when you're disciplined unless you're doing it because you're poor as fuck and living out of a mudhut in thailand. A lot of you guys have to realize that this is a lifestyle change that's best transitioned into slowly and steadily, not a few weeks/months of intense hardship followed by gorging 5000 calories a day again.

>all the effective memes are the most painful ones

fuck OMAD and IF for being so good but so hard

Attached: 1519305613625.jpg (271x325, 11K)

You seem familiar with 9 inch, girthy objects

How can you be satisfied when you're >3% bodyfat?

>last week complained about not losing weight and being stuck at 220 lbs
>weighted myself this week
>217

Yes yes YESSS

I had to reduce my calories from 1600 down to 1400 but its working.

Although now im starting to feel a bit weaker throughout the day now, i feel good during lifting and BJJ except i stopped doing squats because i started to feel light headed, am i going to die?

Attached: 1523543508198.jpg (1024x836, 71K)

Bruh, we all start with the bar.
Don't get impatient, the increase in weight will come, don't hurt yourself because of pride.

B U L K
U
L
K

>recently increased the weight of my lifts
>body weight has gone up as a result
>constantly hungry now, currently craving a big juicy steak
help

>drinking at least 2 liters of water daily
>no soda just tea
>high protein avg carb avg fat diet
>was only eating fast food and garbage before
>my asshole is on fire

is this normal? my tummy is a bubbly mess

>Go to the gym consistently 5ish days a week since the beginning of the year.
>Eat more of a plant based diet.
>See doc today: a1c low enough to go off diabetes meds!
..I..I'm gonna make it..

Honestly the scale has gone up 20-25 lbs. I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease about six months ago and just got a divorce so I was fully expecting my a1c to go up and to increase meds.

I'm thinking of doing a 30 minute run every morning, is that good? I was doing an hour- 2 hours but some dude at the gym said I was burning muscle that way.

What are your favorite routines to do at home? I can't get to a gym just yet.

>tfw you can feel the glares people give you when you're on week 1 of SL 5x5 and using the only squat rack in the gym to squat the bar with a 2.5 plate on each side

Attached: 1507894272590.png (304x331, 117K)

1mile walk/day*30days = 3500cal, primo fattie recomp exercise when doing IF

Drop the upright rows (very high risk) and replace with shrugs

I've tried everything,

Sport (Boxing + jump rope + lifting), eating better (low amount of sugar/salt to replace with salad), stopping alcohol, weed, going out a tnight to be tempted by drinks and pizza

>I am now an 80 kilos shit that lives by himself and never gets out
>At least I have monies

Did I fail?

Additionnal information:

It took me 3 months to lose 2 kilos

I gave up on sweets and soda, which is a great feeling. However, I now have the little problem that I don't have anything I can snack on between lectures (collegefag) for a quick pick-me-up if I'm feeling sleepy. Anyone got any suggestions?

Coffee? Coffee helped me to stop hunger and boost me up.

Still, i'm just the guy over you so I don't know if It's the good idea

Caffeinated tea is good (if you're like me and coffee makes you sick)

Apples with peanut butter last decently in a backpack as long as it's not too hot out; the carbs from the apple will spike your blood sugar enough to hype you up and get you through another class. You can use powdered peanut butter to save some calories if you prefer. (Even a plain apple is great though)

I know one kid who literally carries around a bag of baby carrots every day, and while the amount of carrots I've seen him eat is slightly alarming, he seems fine

>Lose 15 pounds
>Haven't cut my hair in 1.5 month when I normally cut it every 3 weeks
>No one notices since the longer hair just makes my face look wider
>Get haircut
>Everyone does a double take because I look so different
Feels kinda good

I want to wear really baggy to hide my powerlevel around my friends.

>cheat day
>eat pringles, tendies, 2 hamburgers, sugarless redbull
>1300 kcal
>dont eat anything else
>feelsgoodman

Attached: 90f.png (924x560, 48K)

went from 120kg to 70kg within 3 months

AMA

youtube.com/watch?v=qlOTNtUvhe8

>120-70=50
>50/3= 16.666...
>16.666/4= 4.1666
>4.1666 x 7000= 29166
>29166 / 7 = 4166
>4166 calories decifit daily for 3 months
>not counting lowered TDEE after losing weight

Attached: d63.jpg (600x909, 30K)

Im not saying I didn't overeat.
Oh god did I.
Im saying I want to know why I
was inclined to get to an obese unnatural weight on a lot of the same food as people had 50 years ago who didnt make themselves fat.
Im not blaming. I know its my fault, and ive lost half of what I need to loose already. I just want to get to the bottom of the cause. Maybe if i can fix whatever in my head makes me want to eat more than i need, then once i get weight off it wont come back.

who gives a fuck about the reason user, just lose weight, get Jow Forums and enjoy life

>went 20 kilos down in a year because sometimes I would just stop dieting and cardio and gain some wieght back to lose even more again
>look up my picture before I started losing weight
>holy fucking shit
>compare it to today's picture
>visible difference
remember that even if the progress is slow it's still progress bros, we're all going to be Jow Forums some day

SIPS

Attached: 1522470999890.jpg (610x481, 144K)

>have loose skin, stretch marks look like freddy kruger

all the memes were true, no girl is going to not throw up when i take my clothes off, my stomach is fucking disgusting

Attached: mail.png (247x201, 32K)

better than being a fatass

Save up for the surgery at least for loose skin since that's the grossest part, or leave humanity behind and fill it in with muscle.

I did the same and it was great motivation. And then after the con I started planning for the next one and kept going.

>was impressive bearmode when trained
>got lazy and busy and did not train for almost a year
>weight - see 124 kg. Hell, i should really slim down.
>one day of intensive training, fasting, cardio - down 4 kg immidiately.
>too bad after this will slow down
>as a bonus: hurt back that i`ll probably need week to recover from

Keep it up, the glares will turn to confused respect when you're lifting more than 90% of the guys there.

Carrots

Pickles, but easy on the sodium bugs

my manboobs are killing my aesthetic bros reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

If you think 80 kilos is much, you have to be a manlet so you fail by default no matter what you do.

yup, i ate nothing but a little bit of watermelon every day and also went running all day until i passed out
lost a lot of muscle too and im basically skin and bones now but i feel good

but i pass out a lot lol

u would have to burn about 2k kcal from exercise daily, thats like running for 2-3h EVERY day without pretty much eating anything
i call bullshit

dude im not lying, i just didnt eat and exercised only over my holidays (like 15 weeks)... now I am starting to lift because im literally just skin and bones. Its kinda sad that I was disgusting fat and I have low bodyfat and im still disgusting

did you get loose skin from losing weight so quickly? also if youre serious then gz user, not everyone would be able to do that

My boyfriend has always been fit, and I've always been bigger than him, somewhat fit.

Now he's gaining some weight but he's keeping definition, I'm also gaining weight but losing definition :(
It will be very curious to see if our relationship survives this phase change. Gay relationships do not mature well, usually. We (or at least him, cuz he's the "twinky" adonis type) need to forever stay youthful.

Just realised that 14lbs of my 46lb weight loss is muscle mass. Although having said that my smart scales are fairly cheap so not sure sure how accurate they.

But still I should have started working out earlier

>Peak 310lbs
>Get down to 290
>Fuck, still so long to go
>Give up
>300lbs
>Can't go one fucking day without cheating anymore
Is it time to end it, lads?

Attached: fastest_weightloss_method_guaranteed.jpg (275x275, 7K)

Don’t focus on the destination focus on the steps.

i luckily barely have any lose skin, maybe a little bit on my stomach but it isnt that noticeable

and thank you, but im pretty sure this isnt healthy. im mentally not able to eat most of the stuff anymore cause i dont want to gain
but if i dont eat it then ill keep loosing

>Usually /sip/ on my sluggish days
>Invest in some cheap pre-workout, to see if it does anything from me
>Take 2 scoops around 20 minutes before I get to the gym
>5 minutes after taking it, feel like a rocket has been strapped to my ass

Insanely productive work out. Went up 5kg on bench, 2.5kg on incline DB press, form was a lot more solid on any flyes I did and absolutely murdered my triceps

What if I'm stepping backward? What reason is there to put the gun down then?

Just put it down and lift it back up again, repeatedly.

Do whatever makes you happy. If you are taking steps backwards its down to you not wanting it.

>There once was a lardo named /fat/,
>Who (to be honest) wasn't much to look at.
>So he dumped all his sweets,
>Learned to watch what he eats,
>And got Jow Forums - now how about that?

Attached: fatjoy.png (762x758, 45K)

Are you retarded?

>190
how tall are you, goblino?