Which routine is best for brain gains

Which routine is best for brain gains

Attached: Fitchart.jpg (4961x3508, 1.68M)

That list is all over place. 19th century Russian literature is the best of all time IMO.

>bash head on wall x F
Gotta get that brain hypertrophy

no schopenhauer/10

The Alchemist is a great one.

I like f Scott Fitzgerald

Textbooks on mathematics and the physical sciences.
Some compsci textbooks would also be a good idea.
Going through "Jackson - Classical Electrodynamics 3rd edition"atm

>stem

>brain confusion
crucial

a chapter at least a day

Attached: 1514387720727.jpg (1280x3600, 726K)

Some harder reads

Attached: 4325B9C1-FD28-490E-B6A9-A2B4C75729E0.jpg (3244x1536, 798K)

>anything but stem
It's like you want to be part of the underclass.

A solid foundation in mathematics is a solid foundation in logic.

>Jackson
You sure are a masochist

>pretentious fiction

That's great and all, but have you ever just read what you wanted to read because you were genuinely interested in the topic and not because of how much it would extend your e-penis?

Oh who am I kidding. Have fun being pretentious cunts all thread and not talking about anything related to the board.

>Moby Dick
That fucking book was so frustrating to read. It wasn't enjoyable at all, if you're reading for pure enjoyment then you don't need a list of 'must reads'...just look up and read books in a genre that appeals to you.

the list is short one

Attached: 34116837-4DD6-4BF8-9448-4A766C3EB473.jpg (324x499, 47K)

obviously you start with the greeks

That is the dumbest list and stupidest paragraph explaining a list I have ever seen. Take Jow Forums off of that. And superior gentleman? Jesus fucking christ dude

cant wait to post this on lit for guaranteed you's

Attached: e09.png (645x729, 69K)

You realise that Greek stories were full of gay lovers right? This board spouts shit like "read the classics to avoid modern degeneracy" while not realising that in ancient Greece there was a God who was celebrated because he was a hermaphrodite and the Athenians and Spartans (and probably the rest) were quite open and fine with people being gay. Spartans took new boys as lovers to 'mentor' them as soldiers.

Isn't anybody who works out a masochist to some extent?
No pain no gain.

you think I'm advocating starting with the greeks due to some kind of puerile obsession with masculine purity? at what point did i mention avoiding degeneracy? the greeks are an ideal starting point for both the literary and philosophical canons.

At the very least the Thebans were.

Very different views of sexuality to the modern western one but generally not ones that had issues with guys fucking.

>No illiad

Also battle of the volsungs is fucking boring

Fair enough, only issue Ive found with reading the classics is finding a good translation. It's either a literal translation which can mean that structurally the sentences might be all over the place and the sayings frequently don't make any sense. Or you go with an adapted translation which converts many of the anecdotes into modern English. Same issue when I read war and peace.

>I haven't read it and don't plan to read it because I'm a lazy fuck so I'm going to excuse my lack of interest by calling it pretentious
Everytime, every fucking time there is one guy that says having tastes and culture is being pretentious, you can't possibly like black and white movies (it's so boooring!) while disliking the new epic marvel movie! How can you read that long ass book about whale's anatomy lol just read that female thor comic book it's fun! What do you mean you're listening to a symphony? Man that's one hour long you can't possibly enjoy that unless you are pretentious, here listen to my top 20 movie soundtracks, it less stress bro
If you haven't read to any of these books then you are in no position to talk shit, none of these books are pretentious read.

if you weren't so stupid maybe you would have done some research into which translation would suit your needs best

I wondered how someone finally produced a good list of literature considering the /lit/ rec images have been filled with troll books for years. Then I realized it was because this was a Jow Forums list instead

this is the worst list I have ever seen

Attached: 1524410527189.jpg (3240x3600, 1.62M)

I read that book rather quickly, didn't have really any effect on me, it just depressed me even more that I don't have a purpose to live for...

>He doesn't like X therefore he must like Y
You're horrible at strawman arguments stop trying.
Moby Dick is pretentious and unless you are doing a PHD in old whaling practices there's very little in that book for someone. People read it today purely to be able to say they've read it. The whole moral of it is about pride which is a literary staple and can be read about in many other genuinely entertaining books.
War and peace is a good read that enjoyable on its own merits
Thus spoke is somewhat interesting but shouldn't be a be all and end all book to base your life around
Art of war is worth a read but don't go into it expecting to learn the secrets of the universe. It's just a list of circumstances and their counter. Similar to how machiavelli's the prince just lists many types of governing structures then details how to control and deal with them. The merits of both books is that they're written as reference guides to always have on hand.
As for the others I've never read them so I wouldn't be able to judge.

>I don't understand prose: the post

every lit thread on fit (why is this even a thing) reads like a bunch of people who skipped their english classes and never went to college circlejerking themselves for reading books comparable to a high school curriculum