ITT: THINGS YOU HATE ABOUT YOUR GYM

1. No rule against having all your bags and shit around the machines and weights, so at least 10% of the members carry their entire houses from station to station, throwing it all on the floor.

2. Novices slam the weights with every rep and nobody tells them to knock it off.

3. Too many people sit on machines not lifting and scrolling on their phone for 20-40 minutes.

Attached: 368d5a56f1f81605049fbfa778544c29--idol-nice-body.jpg (500x500, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ygdTuFjZnDc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't complain about little things like that because I am not a bitch

However my gym has 3 flat benches and 4 squat racks, which sucks ass waiting for stuff.

3 squat racks
no bench platforms
1 set of clips in the whole gym
cunt owners telling me not to smoke outside
not enough 5lb and 2.5lb plates
smelly indians

There;s this one dude who lets 3plates METAL ones, drop freelly to the floor, every single rep. meanwhile 10 feet away there's a lifting station with OLY weights and drop pads. It shakes the entire gym. I can handle the loud noises and stuff, but this? it's a little much.

There's three bars. Two are bent from fuckwits being fuckwits, the third is a super-whippy oly knockoff.

Nobody puts the fucking weights away. At least one person is competing in the cunt Olympics with his ability to leave loaded shit everywhere (it's not even using and failing to unload, unless Brian Shaw is secretly a member. Asshole left five plates a side loaded at a rack height of about seven feet).

There's no space. One cage attached to the platform, no dedicated bench setup, a smith machine, the DB rack and then the machine/cardio area. Luckily hardly anyone uses the cage/platform and those who do are pretty chill.

>Nobody puts the fucking weights away.

This. Shit looks like a kid's toy room.

faggit
valid
valid

planet shitness only has smith machines...

>No rule against having all your bags and shit around the machines and weights, so at least 10% of the members carry their entire houses from station to station, throwing it all on the floor.

I do this because I don't want to carry my chalk, belt, towel, water, straps, wrist wraps, elbow sleeves, knee sleeves, and slingshot around in my hands.
And yes, I use all this equipment, sometimes all of it in one session.
Once your bench is in the 3 plates territory you'll understand.

The fucking Giga-faggots who wear andre the giant style leotards or stringers, take up a shit ton of equipment, and film their dumb workout routines, as if anyone on their instagram actually cares.

Goodlife is weird like that, you get a whole mixed bag of retardedness, and if it wasn't for the nasty BO from poos this would be my biggest issue with the gym.

>smoking

kys

It's a fire hazard and you're only getting away with it because the managers at your gym are afraid to say anything because risking pissing you off and having you cancel looks bad on their monthly numbers. (I assume you're using a chain-gym)

He needs all that shit to bench 3 plt.

Dudes that air guitar for everyone to notice hes a guitar player and listens to metal.

Does that even exist?

There's a group of dudes that wear these sad pepe shirts that always crowd the bench and hug eachother after every set

Niggers doing "rack pulls" because some faggot retard on Youtube told them that moving 400lbs up 1 inch and then dropping it straight down and breaking the squat rack is a legit exercise.

Yeah I’ve got 2 of those at my gym actually. Fuckin fags dude.

Whats up with all the hate on Jow Forums recently? Why not stop being a weak willed bitch boi that bathes in self loathing and make a "things you LOVE about your gym" thread instead?

Fucking depressed pieces of shit, who is gonna make you happy if not you yourself?

It’s not self loathing if we hate on other people bud

Because there are so many retards and assholes in this world right now that a 'public' anything is guaranteed to have more negatives than positives.

youtube.com/watch?v=ygdTuFjZnDc

Normies ruin EVERYTHING.

instagram happiness has no place on Jow Forums

You're a sad man if you can only enjoy stuff while not acknowledging the things you hate.

My gym takes away all barbells after hours. This is fucking annoying because I usually go to the gym at 5-6 am

Youre just like a woman with all your little accessories in your purse, that you just 'cant live without'

>no deadlift platform
>no training bumper plates
>no chalk
Everything else is good. We got 4 squat racks, 4 power racks, 5 benches
Considering it's in a cucked city, 24/7, and only 300 a year, bretty good

My gym only has 2 squat racks (24hr FItness Sport) which fucking sucks because you have to wait during weekday afternoons a lot of the time and if you go on the weekend or evening forget it, youll have to get in line

I need to join a new gym

Attached: 1525030585863.png (720x1087, 879K)

>cunt owners telling me not to smoke outside

idiot

Implying this hate isnt born out of deep seated hatred for one self. Just go enjoy stuff m8, you have only so much time to live, you shouldnt be wasting it.
What? Obviously Im not talking about being a happy fool, and acknowledging something doesnt mean you absolutely have to express it like a retard.

jesus
i need to go to japan

Damn this thread is making me realize how lucky I am.

I belong to a rock climbing gym that also has newish rogue equipment. It’s a five minute walk from my house, I’m usually the only one in the weight room (I work nights and lift around noon), and all the members are smart, clean, friendly, and courteous.

Literally the only complaint I can think of is that we could use another set of 45s on the off chance there’s ever 5 people doing barbell work at once.

Oh, and sometimes people leave their fat grips on the bar but they just pop right off.

Based climbing gym master race.

Ya I only have so much time to live so I’m tired of having to rack someone else’s weights.

using a lot of low weight plates, instead of one heavy that weights the same

retard
its outside he just doesnt want it near his faggy gym

Timing of classes. If I don't go early enough they have a solid block of deafening music blasting from the class making me go about midday. If I miss the midday block its another torrent of music through the rush hour crowd. Has more to do with how small it is really but I prefer my gym to not be fuck huge.

Gym also closes at 6 on Saturdays and 5 on Sundays.

>cunt owners telling me not to smoke outside
is this bait?

>going to planet fatness
You deserve to suffer

just get a forklift retard

"Trainers" constantly shilling classes, teaching people wrong, and bringing a herd of fat, middle aged women into the freeweight area. They procede to accomplish fuckall except getting in my mirror space.
Other than that pretty good gym

>locker room stinks of ass or axe spray
>dumbbell and plates on the other side of the fucking gym
>womens only area
>women in free weights area wanting mirinin'
>a fucking ufc octagon no one ever uses

>women only area
this shit for real??!?!?!?!??

Skeleton faggots who think that its ok to stretch and warmup in the middle of the lifting area.
Skeleton faggots who think that it is ok to sit on a machine for 20 minutes to rest.
Skeleton faggots who leave their towels on a machine while they go have a coffee break.

Really grinds my dumbells.

Some asians doing weird ass workouts taking all the weights and spending 25 mins on the same machine with shitty form

>use college gym
>no complaints at all

Having to pay the rent

>People who make any attempt to interfere with what I'm doing
>This includes talking to me, working in with me (with or without permission), taking too long at the water fountain, glaring at me, or listening to music too loud

Supersetters, fucking hate those dumb faggots. For one, there's no fucking way you're getting as good of a workout without resting so you're just half assing two or more workouts but them being fucking idiots isn't what bothers me, what bothers me is they take up as many machines/racks/stations as they fucking want and have the nerve to give me a dirty look when I come up and take it. Look bitch, if you're halfway across the gym don't come running back telling me you're using something, no one was fucking using it when I got here so now it's mine

Attached: 1522339845622.jpg (1024x576, 39K)

All the brown people

I hate how my gym is right next to a movie theater, ice cream shop, and deli. Get thee behind me Satan and tempt me no more with mint chocolate chip ice cream or Ruben sandwiches

Degenerate.

>Gym has big metal cage with a squat rack on either end, and a pull up bar in the middle.
>Positioned right next to big wall length mirror
>Bodyweight brehs love to do box jumps and resistance band training shit in between the 2 squat racks
>Stupid fuckers try to do it side by side even though there isn't enough room without getting dangerously close to squatting area
>One of them hits my barbell while jumping.
>2 plate squat, thrown off balance, struggle like a mother fucker not to drop the weights or go down.
>Re rack and tell them to fuck off

>just one squat rack (and badly designed as is not cage-like)
>no declined bench
>25 Kg max dumbells (and no customized ones)
>air conditioning cold AF...it takes years to warm up.

Attached: damnshorty.png (920x485, 429K)

Only one squat rack.
But it's a small gym and not many people squat, and half of those do it on the smith machine, so I rarely have to wait or work in with people.

1. The obese arab "powerlifter" who wears the same outfit everyday, smells awful, and screams with every shittily executed rep.

2. The bathrooms are always in use by dumbasses talking on the phone.

Other than that it's great.

>he thinks warming up is affected by room temperature

Attached: 1523558015902.jpg (1224x1445, 247K)

My gym has 1 flat bench and 1 squat rack...

too many white pypo

>one flat bench, no incline or decline benches
>one squat rack, not even a cage
>2 fucking cable machines though
>three barbells in the entire gym
>so little floor space in the weight lifting zone that at peak times it's impossible to find a spot to deadlift
>have to drag all the plates and barbell to the other side of the room just to deadlift
>not enough plates. I had to wait 25mins last week for two 20kg plates so I could bb row.
>20kg plate's diametre smaller than standard olympic plates, this fucks my form.
>That one autist that screams every rep of his tricep pulldowns
>Fat manlet "powerlifter" who spends an hour in the squatrack doing shitty 3pl8 squats with 10min rests inbetween.

> that weird paki/turkroach who always stares at me from the side when im deadlifting.

There's no place to fill up your waterbottle except for a small drinking fountain, because of it's angle you can only fill it up around 3/4th of the way. I don't know why they haven't just brought in a water cooler or a tap to refill. Shame as everything else is great.

Attached: n.jpg (960x986, 294K)

same for me, there are some fucks who regularly "superset" 4 to 6 machines and then want to argue when you tell them off fucking retards

There’s this extremely loud negro that always hangs around the weight room just to hit on broads. I’ve never seen him work out or anything, just hanging around staring at ass. I wouldn’t care if he wasn’t in the way all the time acting like a nigger about it. “Whatchoo mean you want me to move? I can’t be standing here my guy?” Bro, shit or get off the pot. Pick up something or go watch the fuckin cardio bunnies or some shit.

They never argue with me because I go to faggy planet fitness while working on my home gym but they always get a bunch of attitude and stare at me for the remainder of my time there. Total scum sucking retards but being one of the strongest people there makes me laugh it off. Also, most of the time it's chicks who wouldn't even do the exercise correctly anyways. They like to line up at the 4-way cable station and make a circuit out of it, seeing how fucking quickly and half-assedly they can do everything. One of the things I've noticed they do now is leave their stuff spread out at the different machines they aren't currently using but I just use the machine anyways. When they come to collect their stuff I get rock hard knowing how mad they are.

I'd pay an insane amount of money for a whites only gym, that's why I'm building a home gym brother

>machines that break never get fixed
>one regular smells like fermented shit
>dumbbells are missing numbers so never know how much is being curled
>cardio class at all hours of day with housewives high fiving each other as despacito plays on loop
>niggas leave their shit at stations and dont come back for it
>ive seen a kid put clips on the smith
>PA went from blaring rock and trap to NOW THATS WHAT I CALL MUSIC station shit
>the middle played 9 times one workout
>the gym gestapo broke his glasses and dishes out punishment indiscriminately now

My gym has a women’s only area that’s always empty except for a random fatty once a while. I went up there to use the dumbbells and some gym roastie got off her elliptical in the common area just to come over and tell me that the area was women only. lel

>4 half racks, with only 3 being usable because they built them too close together
>Only 2 bench presses
>Lowest weight increment is 2.5kg, had to buy my own set of 1.25kg weights if I ever wanted to realistically increase my lifts
>University gym so pajeets
>Pajeets have no gym etiquette, have unracked my weights during when I'm resting
>Smelly as fuck
>Did I mention Pajeets?

My gym has that too, it's called The Stretching Area

>no bench platforms
Wtf

>everything eleiko
>chalk allowed
>decent music thats not carly rae jepsen and lucas graham

whats not to like? maybe the price i guess $50 a month

University gyms are the worst.
DYELs keep hogging the only squat rack to do barbell curls.

It's fucking tiny.

Just say you're a mentally ill tranny.

Vancouver?

same, but i still curl in the squat rack

I go gymbox this kinda new douchy cuntfest in London.
PTs ask every session 'using that weight?' seen one faggot reach under a girl mid squat to grab a 2.5kg pissed me off no end.
oversubscribed piece of shit.
shit tonnes of space for boxing ring and cuntfit box + track... but free weight room gotta be fucking each others ass just to get past each other.
2 cable machines would be fine if makeup caked whores weren't half arsing bullshit celebrity cuntworkout exercises they read in cosmo all day every day.
One of each weight DB would be fine but when no one touches 30kg+ means you gotta fight.
No one puts fucking weights back at all. I've never seen anyone working there do it either but me and a few bigger regulars do it as we go along.
V-bars and other shit are weird wide black and all same material weird to hold and terrible design...
£80 p/m
inside designed like a club which was cool to begin with but now I feel like I'm fucked off e
Everyone there is hot as fuck

>people doing t-bar barbell rows in the squat rack
>while not even using the squat rack
>only 1 squat rack
>1 pair of 2.5s
>2 pairs of 5s
>2 pairs of 10s
>dozens of 45s yet it's not an olympic friendly gym
>geriatric gym goers using the 2.5s in their shitty taibo as hand weights

in our gym the roidersdo that banging of weights and leaving their rubbish

If you're white you will slay, guaranteed.

>The obese arab "powerlifter" who wears the same outfit everyday, smells awful, and screams with every shittily executed rep.

laughed my ass off m8

Lol what a weak faggot queen. If i saw you at the gym i would mog you by repping out 4 plates and not needing pussy bitch shit. You'd probably be so jealous, you beg to suck me off you fairy.

Just reading that, I can guarantee you don't bench 3 plates

constant advertisments and terrible music playing loudly in thr backround

no one asked for your advice, fat ass

Can't even imagine something like that going on in a gym wtf.

>those legs
fuark

>Smoker
>Calls other people smelly

8/10, here's your (You)

>Just one (1) fucking flat bench
>One foreign dude with a yellow headband that quarter-reps with MAX weight on every machine while yelling "YEH!" every rep
>Gym plays the same 30 or so 2012 club music songs over and over
>Someone has ALWAYS dripped water on the floor by the squatrack

But it's still a great gym because we have this one massive guy who is extremly helpful and sometimes brings his hilarious father along who calls him every variaton of faggot while he lifts

>not listening to your own music

Attached: 1523094413994.png (500x499, 298K)

People just do whatever with the weights. I've seen people pick them up do one set then put each dumbbell in a different spot. Shits so annoying.

Bros bro it up too long. 3 or 4 guys will be broing out on the squat rack for 45 min and no one is working. Their workout probably takes 3 hours and no one is sweating.

>five plates a side loaded at rack height of seven feet
He just likes setting things up user give him a break he probably didn't get to play with legos as a kid

>gym starts a "no cap inside the gym" rule, beanies allowed though
>only racial minorities and a handful of weirdos wear caps so it's good
>only the manager enforces it, other employees pretend they're too cool for that
Wasted opportunity

>Whats up with all the hate on Jow Forums recently?
>recently
dude...

Gym allows underageb& and stupid teenie thots come here to commute on cardio machines.

Sounds like you seriously need a new gym mate.

Fucking spics who bring their kids and they just run around all over the place

My gym has a strict 'no basketball shorts' policy but rarely any of the staff ever enforce it. I feel like I have to report violators every day. If this policy was strictly upheld it would be a perfect gym.

Are you retarded yourself? Try warming up in a 5c room to a 25c room. Please tell me how it didn’t matter

Doesn't help that they always have at least 5, most spiclets I've ever seen at once was 12

He is killing himself, just gonna take a few years untill the lung cancer shows up.

>hating smokers and defending indians
You're on Jow Forums not /shit/ you currynigger

are kids even allowed in gyms normally? I'm in my college gym, so no idea how normal gyms function.