Cues

Strange cues that worked for you.

>squat
"Screw your feet into the floor"
activates my glutes a lot better and instantly added 30lbs to my squat

>standing correctly
"Imagine the top of your head is tied to the ceiling, and your spine hangs down from your skull."
alexander technique, I think

also pic related from a thread yesterday

Attached: Image%202018-05-02%20at%202.35.28%20PM.png (2486x504, 205K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s58x4dEA_uA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

one more

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 2.42.01 PM.png (1108x208, 39K)

>deadlift
"HUMP THE AIR"

>dumbbell bench
I imagine a crew of pirates has tied me to the mast of a ship and they are trying to pull my arms back behind me to rip them off. But no, I'm so strong I "pull" the ropes forward until my hands touch, I'm so strong I can drag the whole crew. So the movement is less of a push with shoulders and triceps than a pull with my pecs. This has led to my chest growing disproportionally faster than the rest of me.

Attached: how to dumbbell bench.png (500x500, 18K)

i'm dead

Attached: 1520007455867.jpg (316x400, 19K)

Bench press, pretend it's your uncle trying to fuck you again, but this time you are strong enough to push him away.

>standing correctly
>Imagine the top of your head is tied to the ceiling
Lmao I do this, I learned it from reading the wheel of time during laser boy's sword training for the rushing crane technique. It really works.

Attached: 1524052071821.gif (360x270, 3.25M)

>normal walking
I pretend I'm Dio Brando
youtube.com/watch?v=s58x4dEA_uA
video related, try to walk like Dio and you'll employ your hips, glutes, and shoulders into your forward movement a lot more effectively. Head stays still and back, face slightly down, works for me.

>I learned it from reading the wheel of time during laser boy's sword training for the rushing crane technique
Are you having a stroke? Do these words belong in that order?

>pullups
"drive your elbows into the floor"

>standing up straight
"shoulder blades into your back pockets."

Let me add some punctuation
I learned it from reading the wheel of time, during laser boy's sword training for the rushing crane technique.
The Wheel of Time, a book
Laser Boy, a character whose name I cannot remember for which I substituted in a meaningful replacement which alludes to the character's defining quality.
Rush Crane Technique, something which was taught to Laser Boy in the book.

I thought the thumbnail was a sandal but it's so much better

>"Screw your feet into the floor"
How do I do this?

stand like you are squatting
when you explode up, spread the floor apart
your left foot "screws" counterclockwise
you right foot "screws" clockwise

your feet don't actually move, but doing this engages your posterior chain much better

hip drahve

>waves

Attached: 1498238973083.jpg (450x410, 36K)

but i don't wanna push him away :^))

do back exercises.

Just fucking lift. You idiots make this shit more complicated because you listen to fat powerlifters talk about muh cues

The best tip I ever got for improving my bench press was just to imagine the first time I had sex with my girlfriend. Just keep playing that memory over and over and the strength goes up.

make sure your forearms are vertical at the bottom of your bench. not really a cue but a lot of people including myself seem to grip too closely without realizing it at first.

HOLY SHIT

bench row, you're starting the worl'd hardest lawnmower. for some reason it helps me pull so much heavy weight.

push the fucking DL weight through your heels you pussy. theres a fucking baby under the car. lift that shit or you are a piece of shit.

dips. clearest mind ever. 5 sets of 20. dunzo.

Putin meine in Theorie screencap

Attached: 1523700220534.jpg (362x547, 36K)

wow I actually got a number just now

although you have a good point in making things too complicted, certain cues can help do the exact opposite. Beginners especially may not know how to sense and feel proper form easily so guidelines can really help in understanding proper form.

>tfw at the gym, realized I've left my cues at home and can't lift

Attached: blastoise cheese.jpg (126x126, 4K)

You're a bird of prey and your feet are your talons, the floor is juicy yak you're trying to carry off.