BJJ vs Bodybuilder

Found this in the roids thread with that roid-rager in it.
youtube.com/watch?v=0tzjcEgPWpM
Look at that. Strength isn't everything- if you lift for aesthetics that's totally cool, same with strength! This shows the other end- technique and skill vs brute strength. If you can do both... that's a whole other level. Stop hating on people's goals and just lift for you- let strongmen be strongmen, aesthetics be hawt, ottermode be swimmybois. We all have different goals. now go watch this crazy match.

Attached: 1525284951158.jpg (1014x1143, 264K)

BJJ is a meme unless youve done it for years. During my first class none of the blue belts could submit me, only the 2 purple belt guys could really handle me, and they had been training for more than two years. I even got a back choke on one
of the worse blue belts.

Seconded. BJJ is garbage for combat, top tier for competition. Just reach up and put your index fingers in his eyes while he's trying to feel the karma of your balance so he can set up some backwards double half arm squeeze.

>is in a hardcore no rules fight club
I bet you've never even been punched before! hahahaha these posters are cringe tier. fucking tough guys LOL

you realize he can do the same thing to you except he'll be on top of you

You realise the person with training can also do low percentage 2dedly nonsense right? The difference is they have some reliable basics to fall back on when that fails.

Sounds like you go to a really shitty academy.

Lifting for aesthetics puts you in an inefficient shape, which your body actively fights to revert from.
Not unlike obesity.

100% this guy CharlieZ'd some fools during warmups
100% this guy learned the buji from the jeet kune do handbook and took it to heart. it's an instakill, if you poke you win.

lol'd at 2dedly

>bite-and-scratch fag
I hope for your sake that you'll never get into a fight with a competent fighter, cause with shit like this, all you are gonna do is trigger their survival instinct and make them go apeshit on your sorry ass.

>Found this

Its so old that it shows that you're a newfag

Attached: 1523486942118.gif (400x314, 520K)

>purple belts
>training for two years

If people are getting promoted to purple belt within 2 years of total training, your school is the meme. There's 4 stripe white belts at my school that would probably fuck you up.

if you are really concerned about self defense carry a gun

Yep, I found this- in a thread still on the catalogue as I said. So go bother that dude. Illiterate fucktard.

Pretty sure the only people who'd have made purple in 2 years are like bj penn and rickson

Holy shit I got three replies?
Are you phone posting?
No, he won't. He'll fall back onto his training, which doesn't include the eyes.
Maybe. But he's just as likely to think he's a Gracie hotshot and pull guard. Which is a great place to get your skull bounced off the concrete.

Glad you guys are so secure in your Judo for third worlders. I stand firmly by what I said. BJJ is fucking garbage in any kind of real fight, or real world (i.e. everything is asphalt). It's only good for competition.
Why do you think it's so popular? Because you can go almost 100% in training, and nobody really gets hurt. On top of that BJJ goes around pretending its the most effective martial art evar, creating this culture of superiority.

The most onions tier martial art for sure.

It's completely obvious you've never actually been in a fight outside of your imagination. Sorry :/ You should go join fighting gyms and see what it's all about.

I'm actually a judofag though. The vast majority of bjj training up until blue belt is focused on escapes and and position. The idea is to enable you to get off the ground as fast as possible when you inevitably end up there. From blue belt on the focus shifts more to submissions as, by blue belt, people know how to gain a dominant position from which to apply the submission. There's no point teaching someone kimura when they cant maintain mount.

Exactly. And BJ was doing three a days, 7 days a week, and beating black belts in competition as a blue belt.

Yeah, you have such a complete and total picture of my entire life, just from one or two words on a Lunar Bingo imageforum. Fight implies a contest, so no, I've never been in "a real fight". Headbutted a guy once, he really wanted to fight me. He didn't seem to want to do anything after I hit him.

8 years Judo, 3 years MMA, 2 boxing. Been out of it for a second though.
You google "martial arts" now and its all pictures of little kids and women empowerment classes. Where the fuck am I supposed to train? Phoenix fags?

I call bullshit. That amount of time dedicated to learning multiple martial arts, and you would certainly have more respect for it. Also, with 8 years in Judo, surely you'd be aware that BJJ is basically a more refined, detailed form of newaza (the ground fighting portion of judo). I find it hard to believe you'd be shitting on jiu jitsu with all that time dedicated to learning a very similar style. You're attitude doesn't reflect that of someone with the mental fortitude and dedication it takes to learn a martial art.

entire life? I was right! I said you'd never been in a real fight if you go back and read.
but yea keep larping as a pro fighter, that's cool.

It's funny- all the positioning work in boxing, really fighting- and yet somehow when the fight goes to the ground positioning doesn't matter? my background is in boxing PS and positioning is so important. So, why not on the ground? Why do you hate the ground so much? lol it's weird man. and then you say, well i could just poke someone in the eyes! wtf?! so random. I guess it makes sense when you're the type of dude who headbutts people. whatever though!

He's larping. What you're reading is his fantasy. He also watches UFC and boos when it goes to the ground, since the fight has OBVIOUSLY STALLED. #standthemup
he's lying. I did karate as a kid, and worked for a little while with one of Taki Kimuras students. But I don't go around pretending I'm a fucking karate kid, jeet kune do expert. He is larping for sure. as for the BJJ hate? I can't tell. He probably CharlieZ'd some poor soul who was warming up and is now undefeated. i dunno sort of annoying.