Which supplements are worth taking and cost effective?

Which supplements are worth taking and cost effective?
I use the following consistently.
>creatine 5g
>ZMA 50mg, 375mg, and 1.4mg
>vitamin d 1000iu
I buy fish oil on and off but that shit is very expensive to buy at the doses it's actually useful, so I feel bad about spending so much money on it.

Attached: download (2).jpg (333x151, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.lww.com/nutritiontodayonline/Abstract/2009/09000/Protein_for_Athletes__Quantity,_Quality,_and.5.aspx
nrcresearchpress.com/doi/abs/10.1139/H07-076
nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-7075-7-51?__hstc=63458864.89949c75cda0bb2ae1552d2dda845881.1483142400086.1483142400087.1483142400088.1&__hssc=63458864.1.1483142400089&__hsfp=528229161
jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-9-54
labdoor.com/
ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Zinc-HealthProfessional/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

I just switched from mens one a day to ON opti-men, had rapid heartbeat and went to check the label and realized I was having a niacin flush. Kind of weird but there's a ton of good shit in there so if you're taking a shit multi look in to it

Not using a multi.

Just 10k iu of d3
Also thoughts on zma?

Attached: 1513680199517.png (956x1621, 213K)

Good sleep, dreams and hard boners

Even after taking regularly? Heard the dreams stop after a few days for some

No it lasts for about a month and half
then i dont take it for 2 weeks and then start again

>ON opti-men

jesus, I just looked at the nutrition facts, these look like fucking supplements for a gorilla. How the fuck is everyone not sick on these?

Is there anything else that will give the benefits of fish oil without breaking the bank?

Cheap canned sardines?

Canned salmon is a bit more expensive than tuna and has far less mercury.
Regarding Omega3 fatty acids, recommended intake is between 250 and 1600mg depending the source. 100g of canned salmon should give something around 1200mg

I'm hoping itll propel me to greatness but who fucking knows, first multi I've ever taken and known it afterwards. I've been pissing me on green all day and it's only day 1

This stop taking for a couple days and start again and youll get the dreams again

Question:
I'm taking 7 x capsules of Innovix Labs Omega 3 (900 mg EPA+DHA/capsule).

The bottle advises not to take more than 4 a day. Why does it recommend this?

Can somebody explain collagen to me? I tried taking Infowars' Caveman True Paleo for a bit, which is mostly chicken bone collagen with a few other things and flavoring added, but it's $50 for 14 servings. I heard collagen peptides are low quality though.

Attached: Vital-Proteins-Collagen-Supplement.jpg (620x350, 184K)

Some people say omega-3's can be bad if you eat too much. Some people say it's perfectly fine though. It's probably there so people with blood coagulation issues don't fuck themselves on too much omega-3. For everyone else it's fine.
I don't really know why you would need that much anyway though. Not much benefit in getting a shit ton.

>collagen is in joints
>eat collagen
>good for joints
what do you want to know? Anecdotally I've heard it works. Old people with joint pain usually say so. If you're joints are fine I don't see the point.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

You're right, the cognitive and cardiovascular benefits can be attained at 1g Omega-3/day. I read on examine.com that 6g/day helps reduce soreness. Thought I'd give the higher dosage a shot.

because most of the stuff in it is in a shit form that is hardly bioavailable at all (your body wont absorb it). for example magnesium oxide has an absorption rate of about 4% so you're literally getting less than 1% of your daily value of magnesium with opti-men

Well, anecdotally, I would say that my knee pain and hair loss improved considerably after taking collagen for a week or two, but after not taking it for about a week, I haven't had a noticeable relapse. The reduced hair loss could also be because I've been lifting and eating better in general.

If you don't have zinc deficiency is it worth just for the sleeps ?

Started taking creatine 3 days ago and on the 2nd day I got inflamed hemorrhoids that made squatting impossible. Not sure if there's a correlation. Should I stop taking it?

I can guarantee that 3 days of creatine has absolutely nothing to do with heamorroids

I just use protein powder and pre-workout.

>B-but you can get your protein from food!
Yeah, I never said you couldn't. Protein powder is just extremely useful, especially if you're on a cut and need easy protein or are bulking and wanna add a scoop or two to shit like oatmeal to improve the macros to fit what you want.

>Caffeine is bad for you, don't take preworkout!
Fuck off faggot. Everything is fine in moderation. Don't take like 5 scoops. Take what the package tells you to, and you'll be fine.

In my opinion yes

What is fit's general consensus on beta-alanine? I rarely see it talked about here but I am quite interested in taking it especially since I am so acres of creatine because of the hair loss issue

*scared

It depens on your diet. I would say fish oil and vitamin D are a must. Creatine if you want. Then ZMA only if you have poor magnesium in your diet, I've been taking it for five months then realize I eat lots of peanuts, almonds and nuts all of them high on magnesium so I'm gonna switch to only zinc. Multivitamins are mostly useless, and don't even think on taking BCAAs or Mass Gainers. Preworkouts tend to be filled with crap but they server their purpose.

And of course protein powder, again depending on your diet and goals.

Besides a clean diet what are the best supps for a skinny fat DYEL that wants lean muscle

Can anyone explain this graph to your buddy the brainlet?

Attached: 1524852472581.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

The evidence goes from stronger to weaker as you scroll down. The larger the dot, the more google searches the topic has. I think the orange dots are topics which have promising results, but need more research.

But I read that thing one time that this guy cured his cancer by eating a shit load of goji berries?!

I've never actually taken fish oil but I bought some Cod Liver capsules today. Are they really as good as people say? Also when to take them?

In the morning
If the bottle says something else then follow that idiot

What is the best way to get probiotic without eating special yogurts?

What is the most effective EPA/DHA dose from fish oil?

Can you recommend a better all in one user?

Any advice on which brand of ZMA to take?
(Either ones you like or ones to avoid.)

dont buy an all-in-one because theyre a scam. just find out what youre deficient in and supplement it individually. youll get way more benefit for your money

I'm guessing because Omega 3 is usually sourced from fish. Particularly large fish like tuna and sword fish.
Large fish has the highest concentration of mercury.
So consuming a lot can raise your mercury levels quickly

I'm original rapid heartbeat user, was reading online that you aren't supposed to take all 3 pills at once but rather space them out throughout the day. Doing that now and the ~2000% daily value niacin is much more tolerable

Is taking ZMA better than taking Zinc, b6 and Magnesium separate? Or is it just convenience?

Whey is great for either getting in the extra protein, and post-workout.
journals.lww.com/nutritiontodayonline/Abstract/2009/09000/Protein_for_Athletes__Quantity,_Quality,_and.5.aspx
>The timing of protein intake appears to be the most important factor in achieving positive training adaptations. The period immediately after exercise is currently considered the ideal time. High-quality protein sources that contain all of the essential amino acids appear to be the most anabolic.
nrcresearchpress.com/doi/abs/10.1139/H07-076
>We conclude that a small dose (10 g) of whey protein with carbohydrate (21 g) can stimulate a rise in MPS after resistance exercise in trained young men that would be supportive of a positive net protein balance, which, over time, would lead to hypertrophy.
nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-7075-7-51?__hstc=63458864.89949c75cda0bb2ae1552d2dda845881.1483142400086.1483142400087.1483142400088.1&__hssc=63458864.1.1483142400089&__hsfp=528229161
>Most, but not all studies have shown that supplementation of whey alone or with carbohydrates immediately after and possibly before and during resistance exercise can enhance the muscle hypertrophy response to resistance training in healthy adults.
jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-9-54
>A combination of a fast-acting carbohydrate source such as maltodextrin or glucose should be consumed with the protein source, as leucine cannot modulate protein synthesis as effectively without the presence of insulin[27, 28] and studies using protein sources with a carbohydrate source tended to increase LBM more than did a protein source alone[33, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41]. Such a supplement would be ideal for increasing muscle protein synthesis, resulting in increased muscle hypertrophy and strength.

Creatine is one of the most effective supps for strength training. Most studies put it at an 5-8% strength increase, but it varies for individuals. You will gain 5-10lbs of water weight as well. My lifts went up 4-5% across the board.

A quality multivitamin is a good idea if you diet is shit (it is). Try to get most of your micros from diet since the supp industry has really lax regulation and often in multis there are absorption issues dependent on competing micros and what form they come in. Cronometer is good for tracking micros and I swear they don't pay me to say that it's just a good platform.

Caffeine when properly cycled for tolerance is a great preworkout. Preworkout blends tend to be a bit overpriced, but some have a really potent stimulant blend that borders on dangerous and will do more than just caffeine.

D3 is great if you don't get sun, and Fish oil is great if you don't eat enough seafood. Something like half the adult population in the US is vitamin D deficient.

Use a third-party tester to compare supplement safety, purity, and label accuracy. labdoor.com/

I see a lot of pushing of iodine, zinc, magnesium, etc. on this board. You should try and get these through diet, but if you don't be careful with supplementation. Watch that you don't exceed the UL for these because a whole bunch of bad shit can happen with mineral toxicity. Trust the NIH and doctors, not some fucktard on Jow Forums trying to tell you to take 100mg+ of zinc saying it will give you superpowers. Zinc and magnesium are especially troublesome since the UL is relatively close to the RDA compared to other micros.
ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Zinc-HealthProfessional/

That's all there really is as far as proven and thoroughly studied supps go for strength and general health for the average person. Everything else is emerging, snake oil, or has conflicting study results. Some things like priobiotics are looking more promising every day though.

Testosterone. $30 a vial and a vial lasts you 5 weeks. $90 and you wlll grow more in ~12 weeks than you have in the last year.

give me source goddamint

Too bad there is no steroidsourcetalk org anized around here. What a joke.

How about you read the top of the image? Literally HOW is it even humanly possible to be this fucking helpless?

I honestly don't understand how anyone could cut without protein powder. You'd have to eat literally nothing but chicken to get enough protein but stay under calories.

fermented shit. google fermented foods.

kimchi, pickled shit, kefir, yogurt, saurkraut, etc.

Fermented foods or probiotic supplement tablets
Like 3g