How come their is no definition on the legs of ancient marble statues, while the upper body is ripped and perfect...

How come their is no definition on the legs of ancient marble statues, while the upper body is ripped and perfect ? Did they not train legs back then ? Is this a sign squats are a meme ?

Attached: goal.jpg (800x1200, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Dzj9HkQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>ripped
this is what the average person would look like if they ate a better diet and were somewhat active

There clearly is definition on that. It's not as it there's going to be as much as stretching your leg out and tensing.

the legs look untrained

There were no squat racks in rome you dumbass

>you can only train legs by barbell squatting

You can clearly see his sweep and quadricep.

they would train their legs by running and wrestling, nothing else

Think about it, come on user you can work this out, the ancients liked to fuck little boys this is known.
These days we have images of sexy women everywhere because many of us like to fuck women.

Come on user, you can do it!

because training legs is totally useless, been that way for thousands of years

"Modern" humans are bigger, stronger and faster than any group of humans in the last 10 thousand years.

why do i need to train my legs when they already allow me to do everything i want them to do and already receive constant work by virtue of standing upright.

because legs are for fags

>that guy who never trained legs and cant run a 40 yard dash in 4.5 for his life

Michelangelo's David is not supposed to be big. It's supposed to be a very balanced, stoic, with no excesses, statue.

Pic related on the other hand...

Attached: rzhaB.jpg (800x1400, 210K)

there's literally no reason to improve my 40 yard dash time and just doing daily sprints would suffice for that purpose.

>t.speedlet

Attached: 1518592124858.jpg (611x800, 80K)

Please someone add this post to that "Welcome to Jow Forums" supercut image

agreed

there were no squat racks in Rome you dumbass

you're right idgaf about running

They looked at corpses and drawings of corpses to have any idea of what they were doing. Humans look more like this when they dessicate.

You are fucking aware that this is David right? of David and Goliath?

Hes supposed to be small and 'weak'. Thats the only fucking point of the story. That pure brute strength is beaten by wits.

>David
>Rome
Tell me you aren't actually this retarded

THIS, david has no excuse, for there were many Squad Racks in ancient Judea.. he just was a dyel beta.

While both of these statues have completely different physiques, at no point I would say that the legs are unproportional / they are birdmode.
Look at David's calfes, they are actually pretty big, almost as big as the quads. Still, it is proportional

The what now?
>also trips

There's a survival need to be fast what are you on

The only thing you need to run away from nowadays is (sand)niggers

>running from kebab
Face them you fucking pussy

Cowardly.

Attached: 1525310684614.jpg (375x569, 65K)

>t.svenska
enjoy your illusion of a functioning muslim society

What the fuck are you on about, just face them.

You know people are fighting back and blocking muslims from entering cities throughout europe right?

Attached: 74d.jpg (500x500, 18K)

Why do all ancient statues have micropeens?

Attached: FDF79702-0736-45EE-BAF6-CEE1807C95DF.jpg (699x1061, 482K)

Having a large penis was seen as barbaric and having a small penis was a status of intelligence and elegance

Attached: welcometofit.png (1314x238, 67K)

>showing stubs
it's shit
delete it

You didn't join the real and active Official Fitness Server on Discord yet?
Advice on routine and posture advice, motivate each other, awesome stories, feels, food pics recipes and diet checks, fasting, etc. Self improvement, nofap and even relationship advice
We also have some fun channels like memes or tinder thot patrolling
For those who want more adventure, we have a contest: post a pic in begin of the month, and one at the end. Then users vote and the winner gets prize money

We accept people from all fitness levels: fat, average or athletic. As long as you are encouraging and motivating you are most welcome!
discord.gg/Dzj9HkQ

Attached: c9fc233a-4e27-4782-be0c-bc0cc64330a3.jpg (800x450, 52K)

Kill yourself

>Americans think Michelangelo is an artist from ancient Rome

Get cultured

Attached: BCBCBE8E-93DB-471A-BC52-DDA61C266658.jpg (1200x1824, 513K)

I can't say I'm surprised lmao

Mfw I look exactly like the statue even the peepee

Attached: 983.jpg (480x232, 25K)

>implying that's a bad thing

mods are asleep
post some art

Attached: CvV2kIlVIAE-LRU[1].jpg (500x518, 55K)

No you don't

Attached: 2446d85a48a69d61a35392fef77cd691[1].jpg (736x882, 140K)

are you really 17'?
fucking king of lankets

How the fuck?

The David is an appolonian statue, they are typically portrayed as boyish and thus more feminine and less muscled than those portraying elder men, heroes or athletes.

Attached: Farnese-Hercules-Roman-copy-by-Glykon-after-the-4th-century-bronze-original-by-Lysippos-3rd-century- (546x1000, 129K)

back in the day art was a true display of skills.
Now if you can shoot paint from your anus, you are an artist, so why bother training years to be able to give form to marble as if it was clay?

IMO, I still think classical sculptors mog renaissance, baroque and classicist sculptors when it comes to cloth texture

Attached: vp8fufzxgp_actual.jpg (2048x1483, 776K)

That’s a bit too literal, but yes a large penis on a statue would look too animal like and a small discrete penis was seen to enhance humanity in art

> average

Show me your city where all look like David statue lmfao

>the average person would look if
read the fucking sentence
in a world where people eat healthy and remain active, that would be average
of course it isnt the average in any part of the world, since we are surrounded by fat lazy bastards

Late classicist for coparison

Attached: canova.jpg (1200x970, 154K)

that mattress looks confy and soft

Look at the texture of the cloth, still greatly inferior to classical art 16 centuries later. Johann Heinrich von Dannecker, as a german contribution.

Attached: Dannecker,_Johann_Heinrich,_Wasser-_und_Wiesennymphe,_K5,_Liege_von_hinten.jpg (3054x1683, 937K)

so sad that this art seems mostly forgotten. It's fucking incredible what's achievable with something as hard as marble.

Are there any modern pieces even trying to get close to something like that?

Schadow maybe the best classicist example of cloth.

Attached: Johann-Gottfried-Schadow-Crown-Princess-Louise-and-Princess-Frederica-of-Prussia-3-.jpg (847x700, 93K)

To me, this is not quite as impressive as heavier cloth, heavier cloth is less contoured and divergent.

Attached: 1_cristo_velato2.jpg (780x300, 189K)

>divergent
sorry not good with art terminology, what does that mean in a sculpting context?

>you can se his factions through the cloth
>you cant even see the bulge of his dick

thats not how you get followers for your religion

This god tier natty was around before we had even invented the wheel.

I am not an expert on art myself by any means, I just use the word in its true sense, that is that the cloth seems to flow away from the contours of the body rather than envelop them as in veiled sculptures.

Attached: Chaudet_Oedipe-Enfant_L.jpg (400x586, 124K)

Ah I see. Tbh the think that I find so trippy about light cloth sculpted in marble is how light it looks even tho it's stone, to get this feeling of lightness translated into stone seems more difficult for me than sculpting heavier cloth. But then again, I'm not a sculptor so no idea if that is actually the case.

literally any football team of 14 year olds