Why don't you guys become personal trainers if you know so much more about fitness than personal trainers?

Why don't you guys become personal trainers if you know so much more about fitness than personal trainers?

You basically make money watching girls do whatever you tell them to for exercise.

Attached: pump.jpg (1080x1920, 479K)

Because the pay is abysmal and the patience required to deal with ignorant clients doesn't offset the stress from the job. I know how to mow a lawn, I don't want to be a landscaper.

Because I have a real career and I imagine watching retards do exercises would get boring real quick

It's shit pay and the only reason they're in the gym is to shill suppliments and spin classes

It doesn't pay well unless you're good at marketing yourself and build up a large clientele, and you'll find that it detracts from your own fitness goals and gains as you put more and more time and effort teaching other people to do shit you figured out how to do on your own. You have to put in hard hours for it to be worthwhile.

This. I have a wife who I taught how to lift 5 years ago, and I still have to explain to her the basics or correct her on retarded level shit. She taught me that I couldn't do this professionally because no gym would tolerate me calling their customers "a fucking retard" repeatedly.

Being an (even mildly successful) personal trainer requires charisma and strong networking skills.

Jow Forums is the board where people go to lift their autism away

see the problem?

Attached: 1362613849002.png (701x1125, 98K)

You can still make 3k a month if you're charismatic

Or I could make 3k a month doing unskilled labor where I don't have to deal with anyone or literally any other job because 3k a month is 150% of minimum wage.

>36k a year
>good wages

That's entry level as fuck my guy.

>I'd rather do labor than talk with people and watch them exercise
?????????

Attached: Perplexed Looking Queen Xerxes.png (460x479, 287K)

Correct

Not worth my time. I make 100k+ a year as an engineer. I spend the rest of my time with my family or working in myself.
Plus, I hate people in general. I'd be mich more stressed with that level of interaction all day long.

Here's how personal training usually goes unless you're a top tier hollywood trainer
>client does everything you say in training session but refuses to exert any actual effort in doing so
>will come up with every excuse on the planet why they can't do almost any exercises
>will still expect to make mad gains despite you having to walk on eggshells with their routine
>will completely disregard any dieting advice you have ever given them, they know better
>when they have no gains and you tell them it's because they aren't listening to you about diet/exercise
>they will demand their money back, and when you refuse to give them anything back after all the time, effort, and bullshit you went through to train them thus far, they go online and leave every bad review imaginable
>this will include false allegations and lies in order to slander you in retaliation

Also, you're typically in a gym with multiple PTs (generally too many for everyone to make a living, since the gyms take a flat rate from each PT contracted), at least half of them are some combination of incompetent, stupid and malicious and just about all of them will gleefully blow smoke up that clients arse in order to poach them.

pls be part time and after tax

Oh no, if you're going to become a trainer you should only ever take private clients. Yes, you need insurance, but it's worth it.

Autism

It probably would be but PT work is kind of like hospitality work - your actual on the clock hours aren't that long but the distribution of them can be murderous.

I am studying for,the nasm right now, I work at golds and was gonna become a pt there if I pass, is this a bad career choice?

Well I mean what do you expect? You will be teaching people how to exercise.. something people usually learn in P.E. and multiple physical activity optional classes in college.

You basically get the left overs of people who haven't learned any physical exercises and expect them to pay up the ass so you get a small % of it.

Attached: weed trash.jpg (900x900, 124K)

QUADS