Well that's it guys. I've been working out for 8 years now. In that time I've learnt a lot. One thing I can say is...

Well that's it guys. I've been working out for 8 years now. In that time I've learnt a lot. One thing I can say is, stop trying to get "big". Once you are a healthy weight, that's all you need. Lean > size.

Continuously trying to get big will lead you down a never ending path. You will never be happy. Stop looking at the scale, instead aim for visible abs, the "line" between your pecs, tear drop shaped legs etc.

Cardio, squats, bench press, shoulder press, pull ups and press ups are the only exercises you will ever need.

The fitness industry by and large does not want you to succeed. Your failure is money in their pocket and keeps the industry alive. The industry is worth billions, an industry for something so simple as getting in shape. Google how to build muscle and you will get millions upon millions of results, people telling you different things, people trying to make you sign up to things, sell you products. Making out they have the answer. It's all bollocks. Increase your workout intensity and your body will tell you if it needs more food to adapt.

Diet really is key to looking good. Fast food has little nutrient value and so will go straight to your hips. If you hold fat around your waist mainly then your diet is bad.

Attached: 61c8b33.png (894x1280, 1.23M)

can you post your body

Me on right scoping heaven from afar.

>that 30 year old who wants to pass his failures on to younger people.

Attached: 2F687B3D-8B2B-4239-AE03-92483C4A9EB5-1215-000002541CD18EB8.png (401x366, 9K)

>pullups are enough for back development
Opinion disregarded

he probably meant enough for lats

getting better is a campaign, and you just got ww2'd by jews

good job basedboi

depends how you define better

>If you hold fat around your waist mainly then your diet is bad.
lol no

Yeah but there might be some correlation between that and insulin resistance (aka constantly having spiked blood sugar by bad diet and meal timings)

>I've been working out for 8 years now
Post body.

>you don't need deadlifts
>stop trying to get "big"
Sounds like a good way to get your noob gains and never make progress. Can you even squat 4 pl8 after 8 years?

>don’t ever keep trying to push new goals once you’ve succeeded your old ones trust me that won’t make you happy

t. Someone who isn’t happy or successful

Post body.

Sandy vagina

maybe try actual fitness goals instead of becoming a muscle-obese bloatmaxer.
maybe try leading an actually healthy lifestyle.

post body

>stop trying to get "big"
shoo shoo

I never said anything of those things you projecting faggot, kill yourself.

Tlthis guy here:
Is actually right. Genetics are hormones are the only things that can change fat distribution. Too much insulin and too much cortisol shift fat distribution to your belly. I know this for a fact to be true because after I switched to a low carb diet and cured my type 2 beetus my fat distribution returned to normal. I used to be one of those skinny guys with a fat belly, think Dale Gribble from king of the hill. Literally 90% of my fat was in my stomach and now it's completely even.

I've been lifting just over 3 years now and solely trained for powerlifting (i.e. getting big). My S/B/D are 445/270 paused/525 now at 181 bw. Eventually I want to get up to 205. As long as you bulk slowly and cut occasionally there is nothing wrong with trying to get big.

You're coming across as someone who has had a few failed bulks because you probably did it too quickly, then realized after you lost ab definition that you were actually small and looked like shit.

Attached: 5-3-18.jpg (3024x4032, 458K)

>someone gets to fuck THAT
can you even imagine?

Wrong, I'm a boxer and long distance runner i.e. I can climb a set of stairs without getting out of breath.
Nice projection though.

God I know what I would do with that snorkel

Lmao pretty big talk for someone as fucking dyel as you.

>3 years for this
lmao

Post body big boys

Attached: IMG_20180503_093144397.jpg (3024x4032, 3.47M)

Kek

No thanks, but you could stop.
Please.

Please be b8ing

I don't think he is.
He looks alright-ish for normie standards, but nowhere near as good as to be grandstanding like that.
It's kinda sad.

>Retard actually falls for the 'post body' meme.

Oh you fucking idiot.

Attached: 1525309899730.png (800x600, 81K)

I'm not grandstanding, I'm just saying lifting to get big is not bad for your health if you do it right. OP sounds like he is just giving up on achieving goals of getting stronger.

Also if you think I look bad for 3 years natty, then I have some bad news for you lads.

>no deadlifts
How about you actually start lifting after you've waited all these years?

But you're not big, so what do you know?

If people won't post their body, it's safe to assume they're sub 3 pl8 squatters talking shit.

Also this

>If people won't post their body, it's safe to assume they're sub 3 pl8 squatters talking shit.

Oh god, you're not even kidding, you fucking swallowed the meme bait and you're looking for more.

>Posting body with face on a anonymous Inuit seal hunting board.
LETS DO IT, REDDIT

same, except make the guy on the right skinnier, and the girl he's with fatter

it hurts, bros

I didn't say I was big. I said I lift to get big. And I'm a lot bigger than I was when I started. If I can pull 525 and still look this DYEL, then how much do you deadlift? Got that 6 pl8 pull yet?

Attached: Deadlift 525x1.webm (720x1280, 2.8M)

his smile and optimism
gone

(Not him)
> If I can pull 525 and still look this DYEL
So you're like every other shitty failed power lifter? It's almost like practicing the big three in a low rep range doesn't do much for muscle building. Who would have thought?

I don't know why you retards are let out of your containment thread, let alone 'allowed' to trip fag and fuck up the site gay videos of yourself hitting weak PRs. Go back to literally any other website besides here.

For a natty muscle mass and strength are highly correlated. If you think otherwise, you don't even lift.

Why don't you go jerk off to dudes in CBT abusing lighting and angles to look big when they're 6' 160 lbs and look like twigs with a shirt on?

>For a natty muscle mass and strength are highly correlated.
I guess that's why there's 120 pound girls who can bench press 300 pounds. It's correlated. It's not "highly correlated". There's ten thousand power lifters that don't look like they lift. It's objectively terrible for hypertrophy, unless you also train in the higher rep ranges for mass.

>Why don't you go jerk off to dudes in CBT abusing lighting and angles to look big when they're 6' 160 lbs and look like twigs with a shirt on?
Why are you projecting your gay little fantasy on me when I clearly disagree with anyone treating this site like their Instagram page?

I feel bad for roasting you, but you /plg/ retards should really stay in your thread.

Different people will have different leverages and muscle insertions that allow them to lift more, but for a given person if they had more muscle mass, they would be stronger.

Also Jen Thompson is a freak of nature with crazy pec insertions and most girls can't even come close to touching her bench.

People like you and OP are why most people into lifting never make it past the beginner stages because they just keep doing their sets of 8-12 and won't bulk without crying about losing their abs.

>a given person if they had more muscle mass, they would be stronger.
Which no one is denying. You completely misunderstand what a 'high(close) correlation' is. If it was closely correlated, you wouldn't be able to put 150+ pounds on your bench press within the first few months of lifting through CNS strength gains. Strength is mostly CNS influenced by muscle. It's why chimps having near the same amount of muscle mass as a human can tear your face and limbs apart.

>People like you and OP are why most people into lifting never make it past the beginner stages because they just keep doing their sets of 8-12 and won't bulk without crying about losing their abs.
Why do you keep projecting these nonsensical points on to me? You, in all honestly, look like shit for lifting for three years. I'm not saying this to troll you, but I think you should stop trip fagging and talking from a point of authority until you at least start to look better. I'm not sure if you saw that faggot Boardshorts shit posting and thought it was a good idea for yourself, but it's not.

pissening

How does this not look good? This entire board is completely and utterly fucked in the head. No wonder you all have body dysmorphic disorder if you think this is literally DYEL tier

this

Dude is strong and in good shape

Jow Forums has had their expectations ruined by worshiping too many roiders.

They also don't understand the concept pf genetic limit

Past beginner stages CNS gains are negligible for strength. Also if you think I look like shit you either place too much emphasis on really low body fat or you don't have realistic standards. I guarantee if I cut 10 more lbs and took pics in down lighting I would look better than 99.9% of this board.

Stop dude. You're just bumping the thread so more people will come in and mock you. You don't or can't look better than 99.9% of this board. You've maybe put on 15 or 20 pounds of muscle since you started lifting instead of the 30 you would have normally in three years. You have what, 15" biceps, 26" thighs at 15%+ body fat? That isn't good at all. You should have an FFMI of at least 23 at this point. Your chest is completely undeveloped.

You basically have the body of someone who lifted for a year. You can pretend everyone in this thread are 'jealous haters', or whatever you tell yourself, or you can join us in reality.

>Past beginner stages CNS gains are negligible for strength.
That's not true. CNS gains accounts for a lot of the strength gains of people past the beginner or intimidate stages getting stronger without developing any more muscle.

Post body.

This desu

Is that you Boardshits? I honestly don't know who else would jump in to defend the other person. It must be another powerlifting retard.

Are you denying the above facts? That you haven't put on more than 20 pounds of muscle? By what objective measure do you honestly think you look good? There's non-lifters with bigger thighs and arms than you.

>The fitness industry by and large does not want you to succeed. Your failure is money in their pocket and keeps the industry alive. The industry is worth billions, an industry for something so simple as getting in shape

Right... and yet creatine, the only worthwhile supplement, costs like $5 a month

No, I just think it's absolutely hilarious you could make the above post without posting your body. Your words mean nothing whatsoever if you don't post the evidence to back it up. Prove to use that he can and should look bigger.

How does that contradict what he said? Don't ever post again you retarded troglodyte. Learn how to think.

I do have a shit bench press (i.e. small chest and arms). 270 paused after 3 years isn't good compared to my squat and deadlift. But my legs and back are pretty fucking good tbqhfam. Also I was 30 lbs lighter 3 years ago. Different people start at different points.

I don't think I look great and I don't think I'm even close to the natty limit or anything, but I still think I look better than the vast majority who are at 3 years or less.

You look like shit

>tripfag makes the thread about himself

Classic

Well that's it guys. I've been working out for 8 years now. In that time I've learnt a lot. One thing I can say is, stop trying to get "lean". Once you are a BEAR MODE, that's all you need. Gains > abs.

Continuously trying to be lean will lead you down a never ending path. You will never be happy. Stop looking at the scale, instead aim for MAXBLOAT.

>he thinks strength=size

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

5 years in for me. You're 100% right. It's fun to see how big you can get at first. Though after recent years I've kept going solely because of the mental gains. Exercise, cardio especially, is God tier for your mind.
As far as being fit goes, if you're lean and moderately strong, you'll look great.

Really it boils down to whatever keeps you going. If someone exercises every day for 10 years just to see if he can do one more pull up each month, that's fine.

Just don't quit, anons.

Attached: Good boys .jpg (706x941, 175K)

Reminder that random hill gook is stronger and fitter than 90% of posters here.

Attached: baskets6.jpg (1200x1600, 572K)

Based twinklex. Btw I was user that asked about physique in plg. I wouldn't say that you are 11 %, more like 14-15%.

OP is a moron anyway
He's been lifting for 8 years and still hasn't realized benchpress is garbage

Good desu, that means I have more room to fill out my weight class at low bf. I do look pretty lean in down lighting though but 11-12% might be an underestimate.

Attached: IMG_20180424_040236.jpg (300x405, 34K)

this

holy shit this is skelly mode for 3 years

Attached: kjek.jpg (728x970, 298K)

I won't post a full photo but here are my legs after about six months lifting. I did three months a few years ago and then stopped before starting back up. This photo was about three months after starting again. They were about 26.5" here, which should be comparable to the other poster.

I obviously have good leg genetics and always carried a fair amount of muscle on my legs, but that serves the point that a natural lifter with good genetics will develop quickly, at around 20-25 pounds of muscle for their first year. There's a lot of people with good genetics out there, far more than the .01 percent that he proclaims.

>I still think I look better than the vast majority who are at 3 years or less.
You said 99.9%, with proper lighting and if you cut weight. No one should claim authority on any subject because what they look like. It's stupid and favors people who don't know what they are talking about but have decent genetics.

Attached: 0003.png (738x477, 190K)

I am in the same situation, hoping to fill 83s then 90s in a few years. Maybe I'll reach fabled 3 plate bench then (lifts are 150 kg high bar for 3 reps, 230 kg dl and 120 kg :( bench at lean 85 kg).

>having legs like a obese woman
>not doing calve raises
HAHAHAHA.

Attached: 1512921633391.png (733x464, 59K)

Fuuuuck off with that shit. I don’t want to get ”aesthetic”, I want to get BIG and STRONG!

You look better than 90% of people that actually post their bodies on Jow Forums

Weak bait, that's just how legs look on tall naturals unless they are sub 12% body fat. They don't stick out at the quad much like on manlets. Steeve Reeves is a good example of this.

That's the problem with all the 'post your body' posters. Nothing is ever good enough because you're all insecure egotistical faggots who refuse to use any objective measure and instead are delusional about what they look like. Most of them don't even post their own body.

Now, post your legs for comparison. You asked me to post mine, I did and now it's your turn, you obnoxious faggot.

Good shit, user. Just keep going and we'll get there. One day I'll fill out 93.

He is strong and looks good, but I expected more from a person who lifts for 3 years.

Genoa junior over here

We'll make it. Just gotta fill out upper body limbs as you can see.

Attached: physique.jpg (2048x1536, 280K)

This

is this a nose piercing or just some kind of a third world disease?

You look as good as I did in my prime and I never lifted heavy.
Max was 2.5 pl8 squat and 3.5 dead.
Benching is a meme for widebois like me.
Training for whatever is fine, but you need health over aesthetics which is what I think the retarded OP was trying to say.
You might get to 4 pl8 squat when you're 22, but the likelihood you'll be walking anywhere fast in your 60s is highly unlikely because your joints aren't going to get better with age.
Honestly why have this debate? Lift for yourself, and your physical and mental health. You wanna be big? Run a gram of test half a gram of tren and go lift baby weights for like 9,000 reps.

Attached: 1524016926053.jpg (720x960, 115K)

Honestly why are you bothering? Maybe 1% of the posters on this shit board even lift or work out in any meaningful capacity.

You're going to post a 6pl8 dl and some faggot will just post >lmao 6pl8 when he knows he'll never even come close.

This isn't a fitness board, it's a board for geeks who've boned up on their broscience to re-hash their Mac vs PC arguments with a different skin.

>everyone screaming DYEL at tripfag
>he posts body
>no one else does, just keep screaming
God this board sucks. The only thing I hold against you is tripfagging

>that autistic outburst at the end

Attached: 1525124611922.png (1398x1154, 1.66M)

What the fuck is wrong with you? So you have a disorder or something? I unironically look better than you at 10 months of lifting. Also my bench PR is 240 at 10 months vs your 270 at 36... I weigh the same as you, but your genetics are just garbage, Jesus

Do certain foods go to your waist? Which ones if so muh man.

kek

holy hell man, that face scared me

Attached: 1517762194283.jpg (605x688, 49K)

Cool dude. Tell us about your girlfriend in Canada (who's a model by the way) while you're at it.

The ones that put you over your caloric requirements.

Cool dude, thanks for telling me I have genetics good enough to make shits like you question their authenticity. Stay at the ground, I am your god shit genetic faggot

You should start working out.

Attached: natty-4years-natty-.jpg (594x601, 102K)

No, you don't.

>good genetics
>posts on Jow Forums
Yeah okay buddy

you sound like a faggot, suck my natty dick

Thats impressive as fuck, how did you do this?

Does a low carb diet actually reduce stomach fat (An user above cites coristol and insulin levels)? I'm ethnically predisposed to storing fat on my stomach.

Go snorkelling?