Advises against bulking and cutting

>advises against bulking and cutting
>advises against ego lifting
>over-complicates literally everything with "science"
>promotes bs excercises
>star protege can't even 1/2/3/4 after 2 years
>YOU GOTTA TRAIN LIKE AN ATHLETE GUYSE

friendly reminder that if you actually take this guy seriously you are retarded.
the whole "athleanx-train like an athlete/putting the science back in strength"
Schick is nothing but a cheap sales pitch that appeals to people who never lifted or just wanna get "toned".
his advice is genuinely counter-productive, but you think it's good cause he sounds smart and you
"dont wanna get too big, you wanna be athletic"

Attached: download (1).jpg (181x278, 8K)

I want to see a rebuttal to this, but I have one friend who religiously follows this guys advice and he’s dyel as fuck even after a year of lifting. So I honestly think you’re right, Jeff is a bit of a hack.

Attached: 169D6D5D-3137-4CB2-BC25-626E28EDDA09.png (681x634, 231K)

Attached: jeff.jpg (480x360, 26K)

The problem he has is that his income is based on selling new, not old. But the fact is old works because its proven to work.

He cant push for the heavy lifting to get big style of training which works because everyone does that and everyone knows it works.

If he just told people to do bench/ohp/squat/deadlift/dips/pullups heavy then a few lighter exercises for everything else he would be out of business in a week. Thats the problem with all these guys, they base their income on finding new magic ways to get fit which are really just bad versions of the basic form of getting fit.

just eat more and follow all his other advice if you want to be able to reach your made up standard of 1/2/3/4

What he says actually works. You have to figure it out how and when to apply it, but it works. Yeah, the guy he is training is a complete failure. So? Doesn’t mean the advice is bad. It means that the guy who is applying it is half-assing everything.

>Yeah, the guy he is training is a complete failure. So? Doesn’t mean the advice is bad.
it is a very good indication that the advice is bad

Does this sperg give diet advice? If so what does it boil down to?

You strike me as a peculiar type of faggot.

The same thing everyone knows. Eat clean, and if you want to lose weight, eat a caloric deficit. He’s ok with carbs too

So in other words he probably takes a bunch of drugs and says his diet does it

It’s not. How many people that get into any sort of physical activity actually make it? Most just give up shortly after starting when they realize it gets pretty hard. It doesn’t matter who is your trainer if your work ethic and nutrition is shit.

Explain.

You can make gains without it
good
The biomechanics he describes check out and when you understand what you're doing biomechanically you're less likely to injure yourself
>promotes bs excercises
he promotes all kinds of exercises depending on your goals and physical limitations
don't really care about his gay assistant, but iirc he had him doing a bunch of rehab to fix his posture

idk how any of this invalidates the good advice he gives.

Yeah I think this is true. Some of the variations he shows for specific lifts feel a lot more ergonomic, especially the video he did on rows.

THANK YOU BACK-SNAP GIGANTOPITHECUS

man, fuck this guy.
>fake natty
>selling a bullshit program
>offers "safe" alternatives to exercises which are even more damaging when form isn't perfect
>uses a lot of big anatomy talk to lend a sense of authority
>has only a MSPT, when pretty much any organization will only hire a PhD in PT, so he'd be relagated to PTA

He chose this guy as his posterboy. There is no reason to think that this guy misapplied Jeff's advice. If Jeff thought this guy wasn't a shining example of his results, then you're assuming he presented him to his audience despite knowing that he was a poor reflection of his advice being manifested in results. This isn't some random guy who claims to have applied Jeff's training and has shit results, it's a guy Jeff claims applied his training and has shit results.

>Don’t use Creatine Monohydrate
>Stretching is bad for lifting
>10 minutes to explain a very simple concept that can easily take less than 1 minute to explain
>Clickbait titles
“Don’t do this!!!” With a picture of someone doing a regular bench press.

>listening to anyone but our boy Hemmingway

Is all it takes one Blaha video to get Jow Forums to turn on Jeff?

>"Don't foam roll your lower back!"
>does it anyway

Attached: Devilish_4a1cb5_6238404.jpg (470x595, 78K)

This. Anti-Jeff fags are retarded.

I think that the pro Jeff fags are DYEL's. I loved him at first, but slowly came to realize that the majority of his advice is bullshit. Fuck, look at how click bait-y his videos are. It's the only thing I've seen in todays climate that people don't question.

>You can make gains without it
True, but it’s slower, and his reasons for not bulking and cutting are bullshit, it pretty much boils down to “Bulking is bad because people can’t stop eating when they need to start cutting then they’ll get fat and lose motivation” or something like that.
In the same video, he showed a guy with high bf% and said “You think he should cut? Wrong!” Then showed him with low body fat 3 months later. This doesn’t mean cutting would have been wrong, hell cutting would have got him to a low bf% faster.
>less likely to injure yourself
He can explain how to not injure yourself without adding in extra over complicated information with vocabulary 99% of his user base won’t understand or remember. Get to the point.

Your other points are valid.

The only doctor that you should listen to

Attached: 719CBF9A-2B47-4A40-AA56-734125E0A211.png (926x1138, 405K)

good advice. It's fucking retarded for natty lifters who want to stay perpetually lean (8-10% bf). Obviously, you're too inexperienced or too impatient for that kek

good - why the fuck would you want to ego-lift? Who cares how much you lift nigger?

science is the reason you're browsing this image board and posing this right now, you fucking ape

>promotes bs excercises
you're too stupid to use his tips of how to train muscle groups and apply them

how do you know that? his star protege looks lean af and put on 15 lbs of muscle. That's A+ progress

>YOU GOTTA TRAIN LIKE AN ATHLETE GUYSE

kek

in short - you're a 20% bf fat fuck who believes in "keeping things simple" and does only heavy compounds to "make gains"

just because something works doesn't mean it is efficient or desirable you fucktard

Is that one of the barbell medicine guys?

Yup

t. dyel

What does doing 1/2/3/4 have to do with being an athlete? Why do you place emphasis for athletes based on those numbers? You honestly seem retarded, dude isn't even a lifting trainer but a sports one. He doesn't care about 1/2/3/4

Give me an athlete with game mechanic knowledge and conditioning any day of the week over brute strength

I don't think you've ever met a Jesse, Jesse is the archetypal little bitch, the progress he has made so far is a testament to Jeff's capabilities. Very few men on this planet are capable of turning a little bitch into a somewhat normal guy, Jeff is.

He literally has a vid where he says you should be supping creatine though.

Just google Jordan Faggotbomb.

He says you should stretch before going to bed.

honestly this thread highlights so well how shitty this board is; there are no actual athletes here. 1/2/3/4 doesn't mean shit for almost anybody. I played football and ran the 100/200 in high school. Didn't do anything for like 3 years after, then I started lifting. Guess how long it took me (an actual athlete) to hit 1/2/3/4? 6 months

According to this board that's impossible unless you're 300 lb. Fact of the matter is that for most of you, your genetics are just shit. You're hating on OP because you've been lifting for 14 months and are just about to reach 1/2/3/4 which is honestly pathetic. You can't criticize anybodies training unless you hit 1/2/3/4 in 5-8 months because if you didn't, you're just an average or shit genetics retard. I hit it in 6 months because my goal was LIFTING. NOT PLAYING A SPORT. Athletes don't give a fuck about weights moved, and considering the dude in OP trains ATHLETES, im not surprrised he has no interest in numbers like you autists

If you cant 1/2/3/4 in 2 YEARS you should honestly kill yourself

The retards here don't get that Jeff isn't a "get as big as possible to hide my insecurities" trainer.

This, I did competitive swimming for almost a decade before also taking a couple years off then switching to lifting. Hit 1/2/3/4 in 9 months on a brosplit doing 3 sets of 8-12 reps.

why would i want to make lean gains, when half the year ill be wearing a coat anyway?

Do you have sex in a coat as well?

1/2/3/4 isn't some grand powerlifting goal
if you can do 1/2/3/4 for one rep, that just means you are not a novice lifter.
it's a basic strength foundation that benefits everyone who want to do anything fitness related.
EVERYONE, from rugby players, to gymnastics, to bodybuilding, to everything.
1/2/3/4 won't make you huge fat powerlifter, it will just give you a BASIC strength foundation.
if you really want to be an athlete, you can't be weak as shit.

Having an athletic background doesn't equals genetics. Unless being a lazy ass shit is genetical.

He says take creatine, but not creatine monohydrate, there’s different types of creatine.

He got exposed by Blaha, Jeff is finished

>>advises against ego lifting
>>over-complicates literally everything with "science"

Why are these negatives?

Blaha was exposed by everyone, keeps going

two points
>Jeff's videos aren't for athletes, they are for out of shape average people trying to look better and get healthier.
>Messi/Federer/Runners excluding sprinters and a whole shitton of other actual professional athelets today probably can't 1/2/3/4 to save their own life

which does he recommend?

>if you really want to be an athlete, you can't be weak as shit.

shut the fuck up dumb gymcel. Way to make obvious you have literally never played a sport in your life. Im sure 800m runners, kickers, baseball players, and soccer players are "weak as shit" because most of them couldn't fucking dream of lifting 1/2/3/4

They aren't.

That last video also, fucking hell
"piling on compensatory strength" if this isn't some hc cookie cutter bullshit bro-science.

You're not gonna lift 300 pounds and "use 50% compensatory strength"
it's just not possible, you cant cheat THAT much.
but by trying your best, you reach a point where you can't progress unless your form gets better,
and really, for the first 2-3 years your form won't be perfect, that's the reality.
no matter how perfect you think it is, just add that extra 20 pounds and you'l see it's just not.
but by continually doing your best and improving form, you get better and stronger.

Attached: 1525183659654.gif (536x440, 156K)

I have never even hit 2 BP or 2 Squat, best DL was 3+x. all while being 200 pounds. Did mostly things like SS or 5x5 or similar. shit diet/genetics/... what is it with me?

probably diet
it took me a long time to get to 1/2/3/4 because i didn't take dieting seriously the first 4-5 months,
i actually ended up losing weight at that time.
a friend of mine is also at 200 pounds, spent 2y at the gym, and his max bp is a 165 pounds.
he also ate like shit, he's a vegeterian and just eats really cheap carb heavy food, pizza, spaghetti with sauce, ect.

t. gymincel

Attached: 1514946707802.png (700x700, 35K)

It's just gymcel dude

#

Such is the influence of the Fake Merc on Jow Forums. Fear him.

I'm cautious because I've had injuries in the past, and his advice on avoiding injuries is solid. Also, ego lifting is never, ever a good Idea. Anyone who's lifted for more then 6 months knows this for fuck's sake. Though I agree otherwise. He's just a click bait marketing expert first and foremost and most of his content is overly complicated shit like you said.

Attached: bloatpepe.png (442x720, 148K)

>exactly

Yeah this. Training athletes is not hard. You’re literally training genetic freaks in their prime, how can you possibly fuck that up unless you make them do something insane that injured them?

Watching youtube videos for training/nutritional advice is literally the biggest waste of time imagineable.

You can get through an article in like 20 seconds but all these fucking videos are like 5-20 minutes long and never get to the fucking point.

Bulking and cutting are good practises, specially good in people that don't have elite genetics for building mass while maintaining leanness.
"Ego lifting" is just another term for the weak to use against what works.

>Traning strung men eezy

Do you know how many athletes in their prime get injured and never recover? The larger emphasis is on conditioning and mobility/flexibility/staying healthy. Go look at any professional sports teams injury report and then jump off a cliff you fucking mong.

Attached: 1510686233552.png (645x729, 58K)

Used to be 98kg, thabks to this guy the 9 tried a backflip and landed on its head forming a 6. Youre stupid. JUST

Good article sites?

>that guy who has never done anything fitness related outside of lifting weights

Bayesian bodybuilding
Bret contreras
Strength theory

Doesn't matter.
Creatine monohydrate(the one that is found in regular food and also in typical supplement powders) is the only version of creatine that has been shown to actually work, anything else is shit.

>most of them couldn’t do 1/2/3/4

desu any athlete starts off pretty strong. I regularly take people who have never lifted and get them deadlifting 400+ in a month or two, these guys always have a sports background

>t. personal trainer

Jeff's advice is all about safety and health. You fucks follow Piana and Zyzz down the road to early death if you want, I want to still climb mountains when I'm 50.

>when pretty much any organization will only hire a PhD in PT

Uh, ok

Tbqh, I take Jeff's stuff to mean "work on heavy compounds, but here are a bunch of accessory exercises for specific purposes and specific muscles"

Eat clean, eat less to lose weight, eat lots of protein for muscle growth. Nothing crazy.

>science is the reason you're browsing this image board and posing this right now, you fucking ape

church

The guy talks about lifting as an exercise, instead of as a way to get huge. If he made videos about jogging, would you accuse him of being a fraud for not advising HIIT?
This is bad how, exactly?
So? Are his claims false? Is the theory behind his videos not sound? If yes, please prove it, otherwise explain how basing advise on science can be bad in any way.
>promotes bs excercises
Is showing alternatives to popular exercises bs?
Was getting him huge/strong his stated goal?

His advise is good, you just have to know what to apply and when, based on your own goals.

>Blaha
How is that guy even relevant? He's a worthless lying fat fuck who can't get big even on roids. Why would anyone listen to him over a guy who actually knows what he's talking about.

>>over-complicates literally everything with "science"

Of all the fitness youtubers he is the one that explain the exercises the best

Maybe you are just too dumb to understand

>cookie cutter

Fuck off Lennie.

Let me guess

You are not fat. You are on "bear mode"

problem is that his clientele are athletes this means people who have been involved in sports from early age on, it is quite obvious that this shit isnt going to work if you start your sporting activity at age 20+, and that Jesse guy is a perfect example at that

The only advice of his I’ve ever followed was how to massage medial glute pain away.

>WAAAAAAH HE USES SCIENCE!
Reddit and Scooby are the other way, retard.

I'm living rent free.

Attached: 002df0j8bd401.png (235x215, 6K)

His face looks to fucking old whereas his body looks young as fuck, almost like if it was those a faceinhole edit

What do you guys make of his exercises? Some of that shit looks like he made it up on the spot. Anyone tried some of those? Do they work?