What's it like to have an above average, or even average, IQ?

What's it like to have an above average, or even average, IQ?

Attached: 19E61968-CC86-45DC-995A-B2599A2196EE.jpg (767x625, 69K)

Pretty gay. I'm a gifted kid burnout.

you visualize better, memorize better, weird shit like feel the texture of music, math and shit comes naturally and school feels like a joke. but iq tests are bullshit and not a good measure of success in life.

It's pretty epic and it makes me squee just thinking about it.

It's pretty cool to be able to understand the subtle humor of Rick and Morty.

It sucks when you don't live up to it. I was "gifted" as a child and now I'm on drugs and whining about shit to strangers on an anonymous imageboard.

>always get told how "bright" I am
>told I can do anything I want in life
>pretty much every teacher tells me that
>end up a hikikomori NEET that plays video games all day
It doesn't matter if you can take any path you want if you can't find any reason to take any path.

You can literally jerk off all week/surf Jow Forums, and do better than 90% of your class after studying one afternoon/evening before your university final.

Pretty shitty desu. I didin't have to work to be the best in class in my youngest years so when the *real* school started i had no motivation to actually do something. I was depressed at the age of 11.

>have test coming up
>take practice version
>do well
>spend next few days "studying"
>in reality just jack off and do fucking nothing productive
>take another practice test
>higher score
what the fuck

its like reallly good sandwiches with mayo but the bread is dry im qlwo q etir53e dhile r4om 3l3m3n54qy4 wdhool bu5 look 2hq5 hqpp3 ne 5o m3 hqhqq

pretty much this, except I'm an idiot when it comes to executive functioning

Attached: 1520585931589.jpg (790x960, 158K)

You probably wouldn't understand...

Everyone act passive aggressive and hates you because you make them feel bad about themselves even though you're just minding your own business

ceasing to be embarrassed or insure about being dumb is so liberating

Don't let them know the secret to intelligence

I'm just waiting for the hoards of
>tfw to intelligent and that's why ppl don't like me cos they're dumb

If this at all applies to you, it's not because you're smart it's because you're a sperg.

I wouldn't know. Ask hanna hays.

nah, my memory isn't too great so it's not true for me. Even though I got tested over 120

I grew up not knowing I was all that clever, so I turned out okay.
I'm a uni student and I can put in zero effort and get passing grades. I also enjoy reading books but can't stand most mainstream entertainment; other than that I can't see how it's different to being average.

>vague emotions that everyone experiences at one point or another?
WOOOOOOOOOOW I SCORED A BINGO I WONDER HOW!!!

Attached: 1514247521903.gif (498x600, 984K)

It's really fucking boring.
Also good luck teaching anything that came to you naturally.

honestly, my life is shit despite me being a 122. don't base the quality of your brain on a 3-digit number.

Lord, it ain't easy

Attached: 15280176905072.jpg (790x960, 189K)

Read ths first

Please forgive me for my insolence

This is why 300 IQ looks like lads (originloios) also no bingo

Attached: IMG_20180603_114758.jpg (790x960, 166K)

something tells me this isn't really for gifted kids

Isn't this what literally everybody go through?

I hope this means that my IQ isn't as low as i tell myself it is

Attached: validation.png (784x976, 682K)

They're not on here

Fuck, I got all of 'em. Should I just an hero?

Doctors tested my intelligence when I was young during an autism diagnosis and thought I was not going to function well in society. They wanted me to go to a school for kids with behavioural disorders but my mum insisted I go to a state school. I started showing incredibly gifted talents in mathematics when I was a young age and eventually got into one of the highest state high schools in the UK.

Things have just taken a downward spiral this year, doctors decided to put me on several medications (combination of antidepressants, antipsychotics and benzodiazepines) in one year alone and it has burnt my brain, probably for good. I don't see a point in doing what I like to do anymore, nothing matters. It is also very hard for me to keep friendships for extensive periods of time and I generally do not like the world. I don't look down on people or any shit like that, I just don't feel faith in humanity sometimes. I just don't know what to do with my """intelligence""".

Maybe this is just me being an autistic fuckwit that doesn't understand anything anyway.

I'll play this game of bingo though.

Attached: ohno.png (800x960, 839K)

>have brilliant memory
>otherwise fucktarded
What does it mean for me?

Mensa tested 154 IQ here
When I was 8 I had my cognitive abilities tested and my critical thinking skills were on the same level as a then college educated adult. The government considered my mental capability to be super human.

Public school was boring and you ignored a lot of it, you have a huge gap in your mathematical knowledge and even though you can grasp it easily but it's very hard to motivate yourself into learning it. Teachers are not qualified whatsoever for their position and you see the shambles and faulty indoctrination hidden behind worthless information they constantly test you on.
Even if you had everything you wanted in your life it would still be shit, everyone's life is shit everywhere. This world is shit and you live in hell. Comedy and entertainment is our only reprieve and you're going to either die young or live long enough to wish you did.
You're too intelligent to enjoy life, you realize existence wasn't meant for people who weren't stupid. The fruit of knowledge was forbidden for a reason. Society was made for and by moronic cultists who exist only to die and kill.
People put so much faith into the system you would think at one point it had worked flawlessly but it has always been a bloated corrupt piece of shit and even the most shining examples of rigid dignity and ethic turn out to be full of bullshit. That's all anything at all is: layers of bullshit deeper than the Earth could contain.
The only meaning in living is pure curiosity and the only reason you do not feel absolute unbridled hatred for the filthy psychopathic vermin who dare call themselves a part of your species is because the human body isn't capable of containing or processing such a vast sea of despise so instead you feel nothing.

Everyone is stupid to you.
You have to repeat yourself a lot.
The best thing about a Mensa meeting is you only have to explain something once.

>absolute unbridled hatred for the filthy psychopathic vermin who dare call themselves a part of your species
>The only meaning in living is pure curiosity

You seem to be projecting intensely. Onto other people and onto the general meaning of life.

kek i'll pay this

Overthinking becomes severely worse as you work through life

I've never met a single human who wasn't totally made of bullshit.

iq is proven to be a good predictor of success in life.
People with high IQ tend to belittle the meaning of IQ so that their achievements could be larp'ed as their own, and not the result of an genetic lottery. Disgusting.

how do you define 'bullshit'?

>proven
this is why psychology and sociology will never be sciences

Attached: 1507608289767.jpg (716x724, 52K)

So what does it mean if I can visualize extremely well, have a great memory, feel textures, temperatures and movements in music, but was a C student in school and can just barely do basic maths?

>Even if you had everything you wanted in your life it would still be shit, everyone's life is shit everywhere.
>You're too intelligent to enjoy life
Wow man - I don't usually use this term, but this is some REAL fucking edge. How can one be so intelligent and so immature at the same time?

Hypocrisy, lies, fallacy, delusion, any kind of deception directed both outwards and inwards. Name a single upstanding person.

It's called synesthesia. Intelligent people don't have problems understanding simple math.

>squabbling over meaningless labels
The statistics behind success-iq is very sound. Please provide proof besides raw statements like the ones you've just made.

All of those things are based on intention rather then the their dictionary meaning. You can twist those to make everybody and nobody all of those. Which makes me think you use abusive language to make yourself feel better. The intense projection in addition to that screams Narcissistic personality disorder.

It feels bad to think that you could have been something if you aren't something. I've always been ahead of the curve but I've always had problems with social phobia, so I've done nothing with my life into my mid twenties.
I can feel myself losing that capacity to grow.

You avoided what I told you to do because you can't do it without resorting to anecdote, which you knew I'd call you on.

either be young or be classic high iq no self awareness
smartest person in the world probably had max self awareness desu

Attached: image.jpg (200x205, 25K)

youre unpleasant
i wouldnt want to talk to you in real life so stop replying to me here

I have a feeling that university research biases come into play there.
If there's also a direct correlation with poverty and instability affecting people's shot at success, that suggests that background might affect IQ potential but I think there might be more subtleties to it.

You asked me to name one person who isn't a liar. How can that be done in any other way than via anecdote? Do you require a study that measures the actions a person makes thorough all their lives?

If everyone is among the things you mentioned, this includes you, or not?

I asked you to name a single upstanding person, you're changing words to fit your narrative. It's because you cannot think of a single moral and honest person who keeps virtuous in even the most trying situations.

You're welcome to cite successful CEOs and scientists with low IQ

problems just shift. You either become fake or disliked, solving a problem is only half the way, the other half is getting other people to go along with it without them feeling that everything is an insult to their intelligence.

got diagnosed w/ 134IQ couple years ago as a ~14yo

>Feels loneley man
>socially akward, can barely talk to normies
>only way to socialize with others through drugs
>kv

19, bout to hit 20 in less than a month.

Underrated posterino orignalsio

This orognaly
Watched all my friends and everyone in my classes panic as finals came around while I just jacked off and played video games. Studied max of half an hour for each one and aced them

Everyone on r9k having a >125 iq is like when all the posters on Jow Forums claim they all have $800000 cash in the bank and are genius stock pickers.

Having >125 IQ is easy, what I'm jealous of is people who have 140 or more IQ, even though they don't even use it
t. 129

How do you guys all know your IQ off-hand? I have no idea what mine is.

I imagine most autists are forced to have their IQ tested by their parents at least once in their life

>doesn't understand the implications of a correlation
>asking for proof to disprove something
makes sense you're a fan of psychometrics

Here's how it usually goes
>person takes online IQ test at young-ish age
>they get high result because of their age and the fact it was an online test
>achieve nothing
>autistically defend IQ as it's the only thing they can cling onto for validation

I wish I were smarter.