buying plates online

> buying plates online
> 40% of the price is shipping

Attached: white devils.jpg (735x626, 86K)

So use a company that doesn't deliver by sea

even in the same tiny country (Austria) the cheapest shipping I could find for a 40kg plate is 35€. The plate itself only costs 115€

This is a RIP OFF

raw iron isnt expensive, but moving heavy weights around the country is.
also the delivery guy is going to hate your guts for having him move hundreds of pounds of dead weight into your house.

> moving heavy things is expensive

While it is true that shipping is crazy expensive, it's also true that at the end of the day you're still getting a superior product at a cheaper price than if you bought plates in a store.
Also it's cheaper if you buy a whole set, since I think the price of shipping increases logarithmically with weight and combined shipping is almost always cheaper too

Anyone knows the pic's source?
I wanna know the context

Attached: 1517117539452.jpg (241x209, 9K)

Delivery guys were bros when I bought weight I live in Canada tho

Context is an honor student with a full scholarship presenting her guaranteed A+, end of term paper, at a typical American university.
In American universities you are forced to take these kinds of classes instead of classes related to your major because they turn you into a more well rounded person, more capable of critical thinking

get a set of klokov plates

he is literally getting paid to do that. Why on earth would he hate me for that? You self-conscious retards surprise me again and again

getting your valuable education at an american college

I'm never buying plates again that dont have holes/handles to grip them by

>paying 115 euros for 20kg when you can just use water drums
not gonna make it

Jesus christ
Kek

Too weak to just grip the sides?
I'm never buying plates again that aren't colored calibrated steel plates.
Don't want to one day get to a point where I've spent thousands on plastic coated weights, but now can't fit any more on the bar and need to buy a whole new set of steel ones

Are there any local manufacturers or suppliers?
You might be able to order online and pick up at the warehouse.
Austria is really close to Germany and such, right? I'm sure there'd be some place in Germany that does that

wtf are you talking about, I'm talking about 1 plate weighing 40kg

it's my primary training method, it has nothing to do with weakness. You dont have a ton of muscles in your fingers that you could be training

Just make them out of concrete

>€115 for 40kg
here in netherlands, you pay €2 per kg
the website i use doesnt even charge for shipping

ordered 200kg in plates, €0 shipping

>also the delivery guy is going to hate your guts for having him move hundreds of pounds of dead weight into your house.

This is why I don't order heavy things. I feel bad for the guy that has to bring it to my door.

kek i ordered 2 100lb adjustable dummbells off of Amazon and the company just shipped them in a bunch of those "if it fits it ships" flat rate boxes. They were heavy as fuck and I kinda felt bad for the postman

then meet him at the truck? don't know about othe countries but i've always had a great relationship with my fedex/usps/ups drivers

think of it sort of like a janitor that cleans toilets. Yes it's his job, but of course he's gonna be pissed at the guy who leaves a 10lb shit and smears it all over the seat.

Dude, just go to IKEA,

Attached: 09370_PE085858_S5.jpg (2000x2000, 113K)