Is "compounds are enough for your abs development" a meme?

Is "compounds are enough for your abs development" a meme?

Attached: deadlift-delavier.jpg (500x469, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsontrainingsystems.com/blog/21st-century-core-training/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, and I feel like a retard for falling for it. My abs actually grew and looked good when I trained them. Don't fall for that stupid bullshit, it's just something faggots who beat off over "muh big three" like to say because they're fat retards.

Yes work your core directly

Your tiny peenus weenus is a meme, faggot.

OHP works abs pretty hard, deadlifts don't work abs exactly, but they do strengthen your core.

Front squats work my abs more than the ab wheel

Kinda is.
BUT
Working abs should be done on conditioning days imo.
Also do front squats(with olympic grip, none of that crossed arms shit), they're legit the best ab builder

Yes. I train abs directly despite back squating, front squating, overheading squating, and doing olympic lifts.
Front squat and overhead squat (squatting as deep as possible while holding the bar in the snatch position overhead) are insane for the core.

They definitely build abs but not to the extent that you are probably looking for if you did direct ab work.

front squats don't do shit for abs
squats and deadlifts don't do shit for abs
neither does overhead work.

Attached: Untitled.png (748x72, 3K)

What about planks? Are they mem as well or actually work?

One of the single best ab workouts there are mate.

how to work abs without lower lumbar spinal flexion?

A bit. It’ll only get you so far. Direct core work is important, and can actually help your squat and deadlift

>guy that can't front squat 400lbs think he knows what he is talking about

>just squat 1000 lbs bro it's as effective as doing a bodyweight crunch!

You don't know what you're talking about, shut up, before my hand pops out of your screen and back slaps your bitch boy face.

>my abs work to volitional failure on front squats
said nobody, ever.

This. Train your abs.

Yes and no. You’ll never get good abs from compounds alone but compounds do work abs some. Just super set some ab exercise into some of your days and you’ll be fine.

I don't want to do squats. What kind of body will I get with deadlifts, ohp, bench and pullups? I already have decent legs from being a postfat.

Yes. Will they grow from compounds? Yes. Will they grow optimally from compounds alone? Not a chance. Most light bodybuilders and men's physique guys do TONS of ab hypertrophy work. Massive bodybuilders don't because their already large midsections wouldn't benefit from further hypertrophy.

Unless you're well into the advanced stage (think roidgut and winning national comps etc) then do your ab training.

If strength is your goal, then get strong abs for a harder brace for maximum squat and deadlift.

Squeeze glutes. When your abs are flexed like at the bottom of a cable crunch or top of a leg raise this is basically impossible, but as the eccentric takes you further back to a vertical torso, keep those glutes flexing. By the time you're up to vertical again, your glutes should be squeezing extremely hard. This is part of the fight.

You should do some other leg exercise at least like hex bar squats or leg press or something

Post your chicken legs so we can laugh at them.

any muscle you want to be big you gotta train specifically. same with people not training neck (neck bridges, neck harness and so on) cause they think shrugs give them enough. it doesn't.

Iove squatting and am interested in strength training but I don't actually like having big quads. I think it looks artificial and gym rattish as opposed to truly aesthetic.

Deadlifts will build glutes and hamstrings. Quads won't get much work because they will never be brought close enough to failure for a hypertrophy stimulus to be applied before your posterior chain fatigues. Consider leg pressing if you really hate squats and feel like your quads need more work.

Yes, it it the biggest meme. Literally anyone who fell for it will tell you how much they regret it. Work your abs

So what ab exercises should I do, anons?

Ab wheel rollouts, weighted decline sit ups, weighted planks, hanging leg raises, windshield wipers

Leg raises, planks

I fell for the meme. Regret it too.

So if I just do planks and leg raises 2x a week I should be good?

Since no one has mentioned it yet... If you want to see your abs, train them for size. Aka don't be one of those niggers doing 50 reps. Add some weight and do 8-12 reps.

Functionally, yes. Aesthetically, no.

My hyperlordosis says yes, yes it's a meme

this
front squats give you chisel abs

HEAVY compounds are enough for abs. I do not do any extra about work whatsoever and I have a summer ready six pack.
>185lbs
>gym total over 1000
>one meal a day
The problem is that there is a space between twink and daddy where you won't see your abs. People panic and turn back to twink mode and think training your core by lifting heavy is a meme.

lol

Maybe on steroids, but I fell for it natty and my upper and lower body look great and then my core looks like pure shit

post body

How to weighted plank alone?
Lay on stomach and then roll a plate up there?

>inb4 he doesn't

your core is responsible for stabilizing your spine. By resting the weight on the front of your shoulders it requires ab strength to keep your self from falling forward.

Front squats work core. If you think front squats don't work core, you have never done front squats.

sincerely, fuck you.

a total meme..and I fell for it for a while.

Do planks you fucking pussy.

..deadlifts train neck?

You do know the are a lot of muscles in the abdominal zone, right? There's like 3 layers, the ones that mainly get worked in the squats are the ones that help to keep your spine stable. You may get some rectus abd work, but not as much as if you hit it directly.

To an extent, yes. Wouldn't rely on it if I was trying to specifically target that area but there's a reason even drug free strength athletes tend to have trouble getting their necks into regular shirt sizes.

Kneel cable crunches.

I went from a skinny fat with bad technique doing 20 and seeing nothing to crippling burn after 10 reps in 5 months.

yes and no. You can get abs just from compounds with good form, but you'll be missing out on strength/definition if you don't do dedicated core work. Also, if you really want abs that show through without cutting too much, you should work them directly.

It's only a meme if you lift babby weights. Don't expect to grow visible abs with a sub 3pl8 squat and 4pl8 diddly

Yes, deadlifting and squatting does work your abs to some extent. No, its not as effective as direct ab work and you probably wont get the abs youre hoping for with just compounds.

This. It’s not a meme, but focusing abs will def give better results.

I got pic related abs on compounds alone, and I regret not training them directly because they're pretty fucking trash.

Attached: body.jpg (720x480, 88K)

You should def train abs
Even if all you want to do is compounds - doing planks, l-sits, weighted sit-ups will help your main lifts, form and muscle activation. Also you'll look better.

They work but I don't think they're as efficient as other exercises that work your core immediately (vs having to wait 30+ seconds for it to kick in).

Look pretty good. You want them bigger.

holy shit what hope is there for the rest of us that only lift 1/2/3/4 and don't train abs

What abb work should I be doing in addition to skwat and dead?

after you

No.......tehehehehe

>it requires ab strength to keep your self from falling forward
eh...not much. just think about it for a second. if you held a front squat position for as long as you could, which part of your body do you think would give out first? training a muscle to volitional failure is how it grows. you cannot accomplish this from front squats.

lol

People that say shit like this NEVER post body pics. And that should be enough to give you your answer OP.

Does anyone use the ab machine at the gym? I tend to like machines for isolations.

yes

Who in (current year) is retarded enough to post pics on Jow Forums? Especially when challenged by a DYEL or FATTY or NONLIFTER?
>PLG: Look DYEL, are strong
>Fraud: "Frauding for this."
>CBT: Pump, lighting, fake news
>R9k: Manlet, lanklet, face/height/frame
No need to pretend like any of you fags are actually looking for help or advice. It's why Scoobz permanently abandoned us.

If you lift heavy and don't do ab stabilization work you're a fucking retard, there'll be a point where you lift so heavy that if you don't have strong core, you're gonna start leaning and rounding your back

Do planks, side planks, and deadbugs.

>being this insecure about your physique and giving advice
lmao

the only compounds that work the abs in any significant way are chin-ups and front squats.

>I got pic related abs on compounds alone
what abs?

That feelio when you press and feel your abs tearing apart

>OHP works abs pretty hard
??????

>putting this much COPE into defending a meme

Applying this to every aspect of fit from now on.
No pics = no trust

If you don't contract the fuck out of your abs during OHP, then you starting bending backwards and fucking up your back

holy shit you guys just do some hanging leg raises between sets, it takes like 20 seconds

Train abs with heavy resistance until failure like any other muscle and they'll grow big like any other muscle.

Nobody here is aware, but the abs perform 4 different functions and each of these ought to be trained.
robertsontrainingsystems.com/blog/21st-century-core-training/

Bicycles, flutter kicks, and jack-knives are pretty good body weight exercises

People who think you can ignore core are fatsos that can't do hanging leg raises

Tape plates to your back like a turtle shell

this is the average Jow Forums poster with a sub 225 squat

>tfw my dyel necklet still has trouble getting into shirts my size but I need to stop being a necklet

Well thanks that's something i didn't know before user.

Yes. I've been doing a compounds-only routine for years and my abs are weak as fuck.

I thought you're supposed to bend back some

he's not the one making claims here lardass, you are.

Attached: 1523132282560.png (183x189, 81K)

The only compound that works your abs is the front squat.

Done right it gives an insane, deep, full core burn.

you realize that front squat 1rm is much lower than back squat 1rm, right? 225lbs front squat translates to well over 3plates in back squat

For me it wasn't enough, added leg raises and ab rolls and got mad gains.

just add bird dogs and you're fully stuart mcgill approved.

NOPE
i can front squat 120kg easy but not easy squat easy 140

i just ordered an ab wheel, is it true i can just do this 3-4 times a week after my workout and I'm good at the right bf%?

Yes it's a meme and I fell for it, my abs are merely visible.
Yeah abs can be trained quite often.

Compounds + gymnastics is the perfect combo tho.

THOSE LEGS FUAAAAAARRRRKKKK

absolute unit. post lifts

Use the ab roller. It is excellent.

six pack abs does not equal strong core, you smart, intelligent man

>implying people care about having a strong core when they ask about ab isolations
You fat coping idiot