QTDDTOT 2: Electric Boogaloo

You know the drill nigga

Attached: 1e0d6d5fb804e806e5d41e3ec0277c01ae7740ee9615140b68944d68aedf46ed.jpg (960x533, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

powerliftingtowin.com/greyskull-lp/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whats an average non lifting mans big 4 lifts starting weights?

check exrx strength standards. it should be atleast at novice if it's a healthy male. not a teen boy just a normal dude.

if i stop squatting for 4-6months and run a split of Push/Pull of just upperbody, will my legs get smaller. I fell for the SS meme and want smaller quads and glutes

>untrained is about half of novice for all excercises
>except bench when its just 15 kgs more
Is bench harder to progress or are people generally stronger at bench than other lifts when untrained?

Train upperbody, do sprints or short/medium distance runs to even out

my stats for the big 3 when i started were:
>BW: 85lbs
>Bench: 45lbs
>Squat: 65lbs
>Deadlift: 75lbs

My stats now are:
>BW: 145 (short and i'm still bulking)
>Bench: 160
>Squat: 250
>Deadlift: 315

This is pure anecdote but it makes sense you're lifts would be similar during the start. The best raw bench press is probably hundreds of pounds below the best raw squat.

rate my temp routine: i took a tumble bouldering and broke 4 toes (including both big toes), so im off legs for 4-6 weeks.

A:
bench 5x5
rows 5x8
skullcrusher 3x12
lat raises 3x12
leg raise 3x12
curls 3x12

B:
OHP 5x5
incline bench 3x10
weighted pullups 5x5
bw dips 3x15-20
skullcrusher 3x12
leg raise 3x12
curls 3x12

this is all i do, occasionally leg curl and extension but honestly im becoming a curlbro... i tell myself ill get back to legs any day now but ya. how bad is this?

routine is AxBxAxBx etc.

So your back walking but can support much weight yet?

for the old thread

if you neglect working a body part, it will shrink. don't do PP it's retarded. just do an upper/lower split and do more upper sessions than lower sessions.

fasting is retarded.

nobody's telling you to do anything. lyle mcdonald has articles on the subject you mentioned and even an ebook on it.

don't waste your money. home gym, do squats, have a rack or a set of squat stands. more effective and less money. the machines are a decent alternative if you don't have access to a bar and rack at your gym.

spend a week or two at maintenance between each cycle.

her place.

six days a week is too much. you need recovery and at a normalfag level, that means 2-3 days off a week.
you can run after squatting, you know; the nebraska cornhuskers do sprints and agility drills and plyometrics after doing cleans and squats in the weightroom.

wow, two meme diets at once.

don't buy chobani, it's owned by a mudslime and funds terrorism.

i keep waiting for the fucking fad to die.

if you want strength, 2-3 minutes min up to 5. if you don't care so much about top end strength, then go at throttle-up. if you're doing mostly conditioning and size, push the rests as short as possible.

doesn't matter

yes

volume, but define it in terms of number of hard sets rather than total reps or tonnage. you need to bring the sets near failure but not necessarily to failure, 1-2 reps from it is fine. intensity has to be reasonable as well. tut is a consequence of all the above and isn't important per se, don't go for slow-moving reps unless the lift calls for it, reasonable eccentrics under control and explosive concentrics.

retarded idea. you need 2-3 days off a week as a beginner. try five workouts a week alternating SS with C25K workouts. or upper/lower 4x/week and C25K on the lower days plus on one other day.

yes i can walk but shitty and do seated OHP

3 months of lifting and the forearm near my wrists have like no growth from stronglifts and I personally feel my forearms look retarded, am I wristlet and is there anything I can do?

even newcomers to serious training have probably been fucking around with the bench press or pushups etc.
overhead press is slowest to progress b/c it's the lightest of the big lifts

you can't grow your bones and there's not much else on that part of the forearm except tendons, the muscle bellies are further up the arm.
but seriously,
LET THE FUCK GO OF YOUR DYSMORPHIA!

Bought this today at Costco. Opinions? Is it good?

Attached: orgain whey.jpg (1200x1200, 111K)

Is the combo of weighted chest dips and incline bench press enough to cover the chest?

Also can chest dips replace flat bench in this way? (paired with incline benching)

Are protein shakes or whey protein a meme or a real? I want to start with them but i felt cheated, are you sure it has 40 g protein per shake and not 10 or 15 and they memed us or contain tons of shit bad thing? Any of you proven then legit? Thanks

How fucked am I if only lift 18 pounds of dumbells 5 months since starting gym 3X12?
I am DYEL af how to increase strength?

Attached: 1524777554368.jpg (1080x810, 104K)

Should I do pendlay rows completely strict or use my hips a little to pull the weight? Is there much difference in doing strict row with lower weight vs. non-strict with more weight?

I have wide as fuck hips and all of my fat seems to get stored in my thighs and love handles. What routine should i pick to not make this shit worse?

>inb4 go full trap mode

I would but i am hairy as hell and have too wide shoulders for that.

avoid using your hips but they're gunna take a bit of the load naturally

Attached: 1525311936961.jpg (480x480, 41K)

realistically, how long would it take to go from skeleton to 'forearms big enough to wear 42mm watches'? assuming close to ideal diet and particular focus on forearms

Attached: om1.jpg (604x794, 169K)

my gf is coming over from greece at the end of the month and we're going to do some bondage shit

I've received the ball gag i ordered but its a really hard ball; like it actually hurts my teeth a bit. I'm a bit worried it will be too uncomfortable for her and put her off the whole idea; its not too large but it feels worse because of how solid it is.

Meanwhile, I already have a ball gag, but it looks incredibly worn and i'd basically be telling her that its the one me and my ex used. The ball is a bit bigger but its much more flexible and its more confortable to wear because of this.

Should I bring both or just keep the worn out ex-gf gag a secret?

Attached: DSC_0581_01.jpg (1024x768, 137K)

It’s silly idea to mention your exgf experience to gf, moreover show her your used sex toys. Would you enjoy seeing a dildo her exbf stuck into her while fucking her in the ass raw?
Eat and sleep more.

Did you accidentally post on the wrong board, m8?

Hey Jow Forums

Beginner lifter here wanting to invest in my own home gym. I found a Rogue Ohio Bar on craigslist I already purchased and some shitty Gold's Gym Plates that were cheap. Looking to get some input on what I should do for a power rack in a home gym. Budget is about $2000. I was thinking of starting with the R3 power rack from Rogue. I plan to start out with Stronglifts program. What do you guys have? Recommendations? Pic semi-related as it is what I want in the end.Thanks!

Attached: garage.jpg (844x532, 84K)

My squat is absolute shit. My max was 185 and I got really discouraged and took a break. Finally back it again after a few months and I'm squatting 135 for sets of 3 or 4 (just fucking kill me). It feels like my left side isn't even engaging in the lift and all my pushing is done on my right. Anyone have any info to correct this? I've tried altering foot/knee tracking angle angle, back angle, core stability and I can't seem to hit what I'm doing wrong. I am 250 lb and this is just sad.

No but /d/ is fucking terrible and dead and full of tumblr fucks

I have one routine and I need another.

A Day
Bench Press: 4x10
Dumbbell Curls: 3x15
Incline Bench: 4x10
That Back Arm Pulldown thing: 3x15
SkullCrusher: 3x10
Barbell Curls: 4x8

I need a B day recommendation

Please help bros i want to be like Senator Armstrong

Can I attain this body natty?

My routine is Greyskull LP

Attached: goal body.jpg (540x720, 94K)

If you're a beginner I would get the cheapest set up that works + floor mats and stuff. Then if you actually stick with the program and enjoy doing it, then I would opt for some more expensive set ups. No sense buying 2k worth of stuff if you touch it never

That routine is dumb, either do a Push Pull Legs split, Upper Body/Lower Body split, or full body workout with lots of compound lifts (I'm assuming you like aesthetics so look into Greyskull LP)

Average untrained male starts their 3x5 sqwat around 80 lb according to Rip, dunno about the other 3 lifts.

What said. Don't stop working your legs completely, do some distance running and squat heavy once a week for a set of 3x5. You can lose some size without losing strength.

Too little pulling. Should be doing at least 1.5x, if not 2x, the amount of pulling exercises as pushing. Add in some sort of vertical pull after lateral raises on A and a horizontal pull after OHP on B, even if it's just external rotations with a band for 3x10 while resting in-between sets.

alternatively train your forearms more to compensate

It's splitting hairs, whey is whey

Government standards and regulations that say food labels must be accurate, that's generally pretty reliable. If you're that suspicious, go for a big brand.

Sure, all still hitting your chest and probably deeper. Just don't neglect pressing movements

just lift faggot

If you're concerned about time-frames, change your mindset. You aren't gonna make it with that one

Attached: lean-bean.jpg (640x480, 60K)

Like heman greyskull? I’ll look into it

hell yeah brother
powerliftingtowin.com/greyskull-lp/

don't visit it on phone it takes you to pop-ups

Attached: Prince-adam-cheeseball-bullshit.jpg (444x318, 22K)

I just looked this exact website up

If you stick with it even past deloads, you're gonna make it. call me if you need more help ;)

Attached: pleasant.jpg (396x398, 44K)

I have been lifting for six months and my OHP has remained in the 95-110 range. How can I fix it?

doin a half marathon tomorrow and have put ~0.5 grams of salt and some honey into a litre of water I will have on me.

Is this a stupid idea?

Hold the lift for a few seconds at the top of each rep/your last rep, work on developing your shoulder muscles with isolation exercise, change rep scheme etc.

i haven't worked out in a while. i checked my workout journal and i have an exercise written down called "HHC"

what the fuck is HHC?

Attached: tumblr_p6z77tc8DS1x3trlzo4_1280.jpg (719x1280, 142K)

my knees feel a lil fucked since i slipped on ice last year, now me being 20 i ignored it and its been on and off with the pain, some squat days they hurt a lil others they feel perfectly fine. on monday was my heavy squat day and it felt particularly bad so i could only do 4-2-4 compared to my 5-5-5 last week, and today is my high volume squat day, should i skip it and rest/stretch?

a litre won't be enough otherwise no it's fine.

horizontal hamstring curls

high hang clean?

Yeah i'll just have to deal with the water at the stops and i've got an energy gel pack on me too.

Last time I did one i had fucking nothing on me and i collapsed at 10 miles. It also happened to be the hottest day of the year at that point so i was sweating way more than usual. So i thought i'd at least be a bit prepared this time.

I was concerned but then turns out the sodium content in only half a litre of lucozade is fucking 0.6grams

thank you for the replies. it was hammerhead curls

Diet question:

I want to lose weight therefore I eat at a deficit with the proper protein intake. But will it also make me gain muscle? Since the sticky says you only gain size if you eat at a surplus?

tl;dr: Lose fat, gain muscle. How to eat?

Can 4 bread rolls actually contain 1116 calories?

I weighted the rolls and multiplied the weight by numbers from the internet, but I'm thinking that maybe I did something wrong. Maybe the rolls I bought contained more moisture or something, making them heavier than the rolls described on the website. I just can't fucking believe they contain more calories than everything else I ate today, combined. Is bread really that calorie heavy?

Attached: sprint trainer.jpg (1200x1582, 265K)

I've been doing seated calf raises like pic related. And I at this point I load 70kg and do 3x10. I feel like my calves got bigger but only inner part of the muscle. I don't feel like outer side is getting any activation or grows at all. Is it supposed to be like that?
Because when I do the raises I push from the big toe side of my foot and that activates inner calf. I feel like if I could push from little toe side I could get outer part working as well. But I'm not sure if I'm right.

somebody give me a TLDR about HIIT and the pros and cons about it.

Attached: 1499744109078.gif (320x213, 1.3M)

Pros: its really fucking good for cardiovascular health

Cons: none other than its tiring as fuck

nope. Routine doesn't matter either, that dude is huge.

can you give me a routine for HIIT since i cant seem to find any ones that arent memes online. im currently running a upper/lower split 3 days excluding the last leg day. while on a cut

Are the following healthy?
Rasians
Milk

It's incredibly good for you and is easily anaerobic enough to significantly contribute to leg gains. It's hormonally-beneficial and is a very time-efficient way to burn calories.

Only downsides are that it relies completely on the amount of effort you put in, and that it's absolutely grueling. I would strongly recommend it, but it's not exactly for armchair exercisers. It's god-tier, but not easy.

can you explain more about the routines and such? iv seen different type of HIIT routines including jumping jacks and others that are just running can you recommend me one thats proven?

Doing Coolcidadas PPL, it wants me to do bench 3x5 then incline 3x5.

Can I change the incline to 3x10-12 instead?

You can do anything. It's hard to advise because you can't really go wrong.

You can choose your method of exercise and choose your intervals. The intervals could be as simple as 30 seconds on 30 seconds off, or they could follow a more complex pattern.

Just google some basic ideas and figure out what works for you. Just remember that interval length and rest period determine how anaerobic vs aerobic the hiit is. If you want more anaerobic, you can reduce the "on" interval time and/or increase the "off" time. If you want it more aerobic you can increase "on" time and/or decrease "off" time. My personal recommendation is to try lots of different interval types and figure out what you like the best given your personal goals.

My right arm is more defined than my left arm, not very defined in general but noticeably. How can I get a better definition for my left arm without making it stronger than my right.

I wank and write with my right hand, maybe that is a factor?

you can make a HIIT routine out of any exercise. As long as you're going 90-100% during the 'work' phase you'll be fine.

Jumping jacks would be lower-tier for novices with shit cardiovascular health. Running and biking are popular options. The Tabata method is a popular one - extremely difficult (assuming you're giving full effort) but only 4 minutes long.

a lot of brah's experience the same thing, myself included. 95% of the time YOU are the only one that is going to notice, so don't get too caught up in it. Throw in an extra set or two of accessories for your left arm only and it should help even it out.

Thanks mate, will do so. Any accessoriese you'd recommend?

Well you can choose the exercise. It could be running, it could be cylcing (stationary or real), it could be swimming, it could be some kind of bodyweight circuit with jumping jacks or something.

I personally like cycling, but I want to get into swimming, too. There are lots of good sports to do.

As for intervals, just jump in and see what you like. 15 or 20 mins of 30 seconds on 30 seconds off with running or cycling will have you on your ass if you're not used to it. If you're feeling a little intoxicated after you're doing it right.

The main trick is just never pacing yourself. Ever. You just output the maximum for 100% of your "on" period, whatever that maximum is. It's not about going the farthest in the time period, it's about going 100% for the entire time period, start to finish. Naturally, you will get tuckered out as your creatine phosphate runs out, then as anaerobic muscles start limiting their activity due to low pH and aerobic muscles start to pull more relative weight.

What is the correct position to lie during the bench press? Im a dyel on SS and while my lower body lifts are slowly reaching 3pl8 im still on absolutely pathetic weights at the bench. I feel like one of my issues is that i have no clue how to actually lie down. Rippetoe says that the bar should be a bit over your eyes on your forhead so you have to use your lats to unrack the bar. The guy from stronglifts recommends eyes right under the bar and all the gymbrows have the bar basically over their throat and push it out with their shoulders. Which position is correct?

I've had wrist pain for the past two weeks.
It hurts most when I push or make twist and curling movements with it.
Should I ditch exercising it completely until it's fine or I can still do dumbels and cables?
Any experience?

alright thanks so for example lets say i do running HIIT it would be 30 seconds 100% and 30 seconds rest? and then repeat for 15 minutes for example correct?

Can I get strong if I deadlift but don't squat?

>eat junk food (chocolate, ice cream, fries)
>agitated throughout the whole day. Heavy tachycardia and legs hurt when i walk too much
>eat healthy food
>breathing and heart rate is normal, can run 2km easily
Is there any reason for that?

Attached: 2BBA5863B926476BA0227D45DFB6ADB6.gif (366x381, 1.93M)

when I relax and sit on a chair I can flex muscle on my back to pop myself forward. I can only flex the one on the left side of my back. What exercises can I focus on to develop these back muscles.

Why is couscous so much less energy dense than pasta? After all, they're made out of EXACTLY the same shit.

85 lb wtf?

Yup that's it. It's very simple. Just push yourself really hard.

im attempting to fix my diet, i usually eat microwave shit but it makes me feel terrible so it needs to change. What are some of the best basic "healthy" foods i can get relatively cheap? I already plan on getting white rice, chicken breast, bananas, and broccoli. If it helps i dont mind eating the same food every meal.

Attached: 1519785990894.jpg (294x328, 41K)

Relatedly, when is it best to do HIIT? Immediately after lifting? On off-days? etc.

Why would you not squat?

What are the chances of injury if i deadlift with my scoliosis?
Dont mind my disgusting hips

Attached: 123.png (355x706, 187K)

Just eat less sugar and veg oil.

Veg
Meat
Berries
Nuts
Fruit
Lots of herbs and spices

No grains like flour, excess sugars, diet anything, premade foods of any kind, no fastfood.

But I will concede something.
A home made cookie is healthier then a store bought cookie because it lacks the extra unhealthy ingredients and you can pick and choose what goes into it. Meaning less calories and more healthy ingredients.

>raisins
Healthy in small portions desu 100 grams of them have 350 cals 40 grams of sugars but they have strong anti-estrogenic properties (resveratrol), have the highest source of boron and the sugar content in it is not that bad, in fact combining glucose with protein is related with more efficient muscle growth.

>Milk
Go for the skim milk, it contains more IGF-1 and less fat than whole milk

So both of them are good but use them in moderation

I've had some success doing hiit immediately after lifting, but it's definitely a taxing experience. Off days couldn't hurt, but it's still worthwile on lifting days as long as things are dragging on unreasonably long.

There's no way in hell you could have decent lifting session AFTER hiit if you're pushing yourself hard enough, so definitely don't try that.

The endorphins are pretty ridiculous btw. It's amazing how much differently you can feel before and after 15 or 20 mins.

*aren't dragging on

Well, here's the thing. The Jow Forums sticky says the following:
>My suggestion is to alternate weights and cardio, for instance doing 3 days of weights, 2 days of cardio, and taking the other 2 days off. Doing both on the same day tends to cause one or the other to suffer from reduced effort, and generally burns people out.

On the other hand, StrongLifts recommends you do HIIT immediately after the workout:
>Cardio on your rest days is a terrible idea. When does your body recover for your next workout if you train five days in a row? Never. If you’re not fully recovered between workouts, then you can’t get stronger and lift more weight next time. If you can’t lift more, then the program can’t work.

Who should I believe?

Here's my body measurements:

>33" chest
>28.5" waist
>36" hips
Do I proportionally have wide hips? how can I fix this?

I have prominent love handles despite being fairly thin, how 2 remove

Well I would say that if you're going to do it on a lifting day, I would do it immediately after lifting in the same "session," while you still have lots of catabolic hormone pumping around.

I would say that it varies heavily depending on your routine and how your body is feeling. I wouldn't be scared of doing it on or off of lifting days, but I am also personally wary of fucking with important rest days. For example, if I did a push day and I was feeling pretty alert after I would feel comfortable going hard on hiit immediately after or the next day if I wasn't too sore. But if I did a lot of full body stuff including squats, and I also did a shitload of walking around and then grabbed some beers with friends, I would not do hiit the next day at all. It's all about listening to cues your body is sending you.

Some rest days are more important than others, and some lifting days are more taxing than others. Find the days and times when you have gas left in the tank.

I guess in essence I think they are both correct to some extent, but both are over-generalizing, and generalizing in the opposite directions. I would keep both in mind. Both are overly-simplistic, but founded on some good principles.

Look for low-volume lifting days or off days when you aren't too worn out and got a lot of sleep.

Of course it gets easier and easier to find these times the better your diet is and the better sleep you get.

If that guy still wants a spoonfed HIIT routine:

Go to a spin class. Thats basically 45 minutes of HIIT without you having to think about it beyond changing resistance and forcing yourself to continue.

im new to lifting. do i have to feel extremely sore after workout to make gains? i do a workout and on my last round i feel extremely tired, yet i don't feel particularly sore after, my arms are a bit shakier and i am sorer but the day after is fine. will i get no gains?

Nope. They are correlated in many instances, but don't use soreness as an yes/no indicator of whether or not an exercise worked. Soreness can indicate that you are recovering in a positive sense, but lack of soreness doesn't mean you're not recovering.

Expect that to potentially change, though. Sometimes doms gets worse as you get gains vs when you first start.

Nope in that you definitely might still be getting gains. Idk how clear that was. You're probably getting gains without doms. Never ever assume that an exercise didn't work just because you're not sore. It's too complex of a situation to do that.

On those assisted pullups/dip machines, does the knee pad need to be in the same position for both pullups and dips? I don't know if there is some sort of setting on it to move between dips and pullups on the machine. What exactly do I need to do to start doing assisted pullups on this thing? Please help. I want to get bigger arms and do more than just bicep curls, tricep pushdowns, and shoulder presses...

Attached: series-ii-assisted-chin-and-dip-machine.png (954x1235, 442K)

thnx.

im doing phul and it requires me to do bench and OHP on the same day so what i do is bench 3x5 then chinups with progression (not weighted) and then i do ohp 3x5 is this fine?

I got a free one year gympass subscription, but I already lift in a good gym. So I thought in trying Muay Thai or Krav Maga for complementing my gains.

Which one should I pick?

The pad should go down to the position you need. Also do OHP instead of shoulder press if you care about shoulder health.

I have never seen something reputable recommend doing them the same day and personally I couldn't unless I did like 70% and then what's the point
usually routines you alternate between days/weeks

ok but how can i progress if im doing the exercises 1x a week and alternating every week?