Anyone else here donate plasma? How have you noticed it affecting your gain/cut...

Anyone else here donate plasma? How have you noticed it affecting your gain/cut? I go twice a week and I really don't want to quit because the extra $300/mo is just too good to pass up. I haven't noticed any health-related benefits or disadvantages thus far.

Attached: plasma-donation.jpg (1440x960, 110K)

You’ll have permanent scars on your forearms where they stick the needle in. I used to go a few times a month for booze money and 8 years later the marks are still on my arms. Fuck those places are creepy and sad. It was 25% college kids, 50% poor working people, 25% bum native Americans. They would literally walk out and buy a jug of vodka across the street then sit down on the curb and start drinking with their arm still bandaged.

you get money for that shit? over here it's voluntarily and there's rarely any shortage.

Makes me glad it's on a volunteer basis in my country. Don't want any drunk hobo blood

Fine with me. They are small scars and no one notices them unless I point them out. I've been going for about 5 years and in that entire time the only person who noticed the scars has been my doctor.
It's on a volunteer basis in the US. They extensively test your blood the first time you go and then random tests after that on a regular basis. You can't donate if they detect any drugs in your blood, or if your protein/iron levels are too low, or if they smell alcohol on your breath or if you are acting even the least bit sick. Very strict policies. Also if you're too fat you can't donate either because they won't be able to find a vein. If you are an alcoholic you have to be a pretty healthy one because alcoholism will quickly destroy your body's ability to process iron and protein (levels of which are checked before every donation via finger prick).

>Anyone else here donate plasma?

Don't forget to also donate plaquettes. I am alive today thanks to a plaquette transfusion.

I have AB- blood so while whole blood donation is not in high demand for my blood type, blood plasma is.

These are scars after 5 years of donations

Attached: Donation scars.jpg (2448x3264, 1.6M)

I have at least two veins they can use on each arm, this way I can tell them to rotate. After 4 years of donating blood I still don't have visible scars.

How much can you make in murica doing this?

I donate plasma and platelets every two weeks and haven’t noticed a difference. I just make sure to leave it 24 goes before going back to the gym.

It still bothers me that you get paid in the US to donate. I work in blood donation and I know that there isn’t a test for everything and a lot of it depends on donor honesty. Something I think probably disappears when you’re getting paid.

I make $300/mo, going twice a week.

CSL Plasma (the one I go to) is very extensive in their testing. You have to be in excellent health in order to donate (protein and iron levels can't be too high or too low and you also can't be underweight or overweight), and they check for basically every drug except for mushrooms and LSD. The other two companies I've donated with (Biotest and Biolife) are the same level of strictness.

I used to donate whole blood every 8 weeks for two years but then my iron levels would not recover fast enough to keep up so I started doing 3 months. Now that I lift 3-4 times a day, I'm scared it'll throw off my schedule so I'm opting to not donate anymore, feel bad about it

Anyone know how many calories the body expends to restore 450ml blood?

3-4 times a week, i mean

An insignificant amount considering you can only donate whole blood once every 8 weeks.

I used to align my cheat meals with blood donations for this very reason

>go to donate blood
>nurse misses the vein
>litterally dont get shit except some gay faggot "doner points"
>got to eat oreos and OJ

fuck this whole system

Attached: sakai.jpg (500x375, 29K)

Whats people reason for donating blood and not getting a single penny from it?

When you donate plasma, you mostly lose protein. You have to replenish it, or else dont expect much.

Also its impossible to cut while you donate plasma, without losing way too much muscle.

Feels good to help people out, I don't lose much except 30-45 minutes of my time and someone's entire life could be saved. Sometimes they give out promotional coupons and they always have snacks and drinks after you donate. I had to stop when I started lifting, wish I could donate and not have to skip a day or two of being able to push myself. Also, you can get drunk a lot faster.

You a fat fuck? Cause whenever I get a needle the nurses compliment my vascularity and complain about having to find the vein on fatties

I was given this body. I'm not smart enough to help society nor rich enough to donate but I'll be damned if i can't help in the only way I can

I have large veins but my left vein is pretty huge. I used switch arms so that each needle stick gets more time to heal. Sometimes when I ask for the right arm, they'd ask me to reconsider. They were literally thirsting for my left arm vein, which was kind weird at first until one of them told me it's because of how huge and easy my left arm's vein was to draw. I'd often get guinea pigged to the new hires since it was basically impossible to miss.

we don't get paid for it in Canada, but I donate blood as often as I can. I just make sure to keep my iron levels up.

I'm master race O- so they don't want me donating plasma or I'd do that.

You're the weakest race though, bloodwise

ok you might have a little itty bitty scar but you potentially saved lives, you have been a good citizen and contributed to society for the better, that's a nifty price to pay for being righteous. I wouldn't complain too much. Also, thank you.

Every man should be striving to do what is in his power to better the society he is part of.