What's the most dangerous lift? Talking about conventional stuff, not strongmen throwing boulders over their heads

What's the most dangerous lift? Talking about conventional stuff, not strongmen throwing boulders over their heads.

Attached: home gym master race.jpg (634x357, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ROPRTf6W47s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tie some weights on your nut sack and start slowly tea bagging the ground.

You posted it. Bench is fucling retarded

Chance of killing yourself? Bench

Chance of significant injury? Bench again, though mostly due to people using stupid form and ignoring pain

Chance of crippling yourself via back damage? Used to be deadlift but now it's every dumbfuck forcing atg depth on squats no matter what it looks like.

None of these are exactly common and most of the problems are self-inflicted, but that's the anecdotal view.

On a realistic note, probably snatch. I can't think of a more dangerous lift, you can fuck your self up in too many ways snatching.

>not strongmen throwing boulders over their heads.
probably clean and jerk or snatch, if that counts

if that doesn't count, then bench press. not because you can drop the weight yourself or choke or whatever but most people don't take bench seriously and fuck their shoulders up

bench press is the most dangerous lift for normies because they don't realize the damage they do to their shoulders

bench press is the only one with the potential to kill you when performed on normal equipment

>Chance of crippling yourself via back damage? Used to be deadlift but now it's every dumbfuck forcing atg depth on squats no matter what it looks like.

this

so many people doing "ATG" squats despite not having the hip socket morphology or segementation to ever do it safely and fucking their lower backs up

that being said idk if squats were ever safer for the lower back than deadlifts, i know a lot more people who got hurt squatting which may just be because it's a whole lot more technically complex than deadlifting and lets you use similar loads

>bench press is the only one with the potential to kill you when performed on normal equipment
snatch and squats can fuck you up worse honestly, if you don't know how to bail and you don't have bail bars on your squat rack, you can quickly fuck yourself.
I've seen so many women and dyels bitch when a dude bails on a heavy squat and drops the weight behind him, saying he should just do a lighter weight or set it down gently. Yeah, set it down gently, they can risk breaking their spines because you're scared of loud noises. Bitch.

>if you don't know how to bail and you don't have bail bars on your squat rack, you can quickly fuck yourself.

i consider a squat rack with safeties to be "normal equipment" for the squat, otherwise you're absolutely right, if you fail a squat without safeties you can usually dump it behind you but there's always a chance some weird shit happens

also i saw some guy fail a cnj and snap both his wrists because he basically landed in a floor press position

Dude what? It's very easy to bail out of a snatch at every point of the lift.

There are olympic competitors, the top of their countries, that still fuck a snatch up and either end up under the bar or with fucked shoulders. Putting a fuck ton of weight behind your head is retarded in every way.

How are you supposed to safely work pecs with free weights. Lunks will point and laugh at me when I do the machines

Backflips : (

youtu.be/ROPRTf6W47s

Attached: 2BD72276-5AD7-45D0-992A-BA463A72F4AF.png (509x619, 8K)

They aren't close to the majority. You can point out more people (pros included) that hurt themselves on the big 3 than the oly lifts.

nice

Unironically weighted dips.

Sad but true

really? I thought that was like 90% triceps

oh god no, weighted dips can fuck you up way worse than bench pressing can

a bench press has a hard stop to the range of motion (bar hits chest), dips have no such thing and your arms can be forced behind you

this is not to mention a lot of people can't do them safely due to shoulder structure, and some people get costochonrditis from dips or snap their sternums up

No, you utilize chest as well

>a bench press has a hard stop to the range of motion (bar hits chest), dips have no such thing and your arms can be forced behind you

If you're in danger of this, just let your feet touch the floor and bail out lmao.

>this is not to mention a lot of people can't do them safely due to shoulder structure, and some people get costochonrditis from dips or snap their sternums up
Is this some sort of cope for being bad at dips?

To an extent, that's a selection bias (similar to horrific injuries happening in powerlifting meets). Under any other circumstance, they wouldn't take those attempts or would bail at the first sign of shit going south. But because it's the absolute centrepiece of their life, they cling on and try to make it. Sometimes it works, usually it becomes an unusually fatiguing miss and once in a while it tears someone up.

some people just can't do dips safely, this is fairly common knowledge

costochondritis from dips is common as fuck, actual sternum fractures less so but still happens

if you can do them and they don't hurt you dip away, but declaring dips safer than bench press is not based on reality and is probably just benchlet cope

>similar to horrific injuries happening in powerlifting meets

see that's the thing

horrific injuries usually don't happen in meets with maximal loads, they usually happen in training with submaximal loads far away from technical breakdown

dips are all but guaranteed to fuck up your shoulders. With Bench you can just get a spot and so long as the spot isnt a spastic you're good. The really dangerous lifts are shit like deadlifts and dips, things that if done with slightly incorrect form might not break a bone or tear a ligament immediately, but will end up in some serious permanent join problems like 5-10 years down the line.

Shills got tired quickly, aye?

Deadlift

Bench is not dangerous at all if you A) use smith machine or B) do half reps and not extend your elbows lower than your chest

Deadlifts on the other hand are always going to fuck your spine up 100% of the time

Floor press. Automatic 9 inches of room even if you drop it, even more if you put something on both sides.

There's also less risk of tearing your pec muscle and it's fucking awesome.

Who is this dipshit diplet shill? Plenty of people tear their pec muscle on dips, maybe even more than dumbbell bench press.

some crossfitfag literally severed his spine and is now a cripple from failing to bail from a snatch properly.

how the fuck did this nigga get the bar underneath the safeties???? like no shit you failed the lift, dude, there’s two big ass metal bars stopping it from going up

>Smith machine to bench press
Every day I become a bit more disappointed in this board...

Attached: 1390227480158.gif (240x152, 230K)

Bad design. There's a small gap between the post and the safeties. He fucked up by trying to rerack it as it was falling.

have your bro stack plates on your back and do push ups

Attached: ISr3Pdv.jpg (372x521, 35K)

Nigga just use the safety bars when doing bench press. It is the only way to bench press safely.

You only need to do simple calisthenics with a weight vest. No need for free weights, brahs.

Attached: 4060.jpg (1920x800, 327K)

If using heavy enough weights then bench press can kill your shit really easily, mainly if one of your hands slips off the bar. I remember seeing a video of a kid who died from that shit, dropped like 350+ lb across his chest and you can see it cave in for a microsecond. He gets back up and drinks some water, but apparently he died later that day.
However I see more people get hurt on the overhead squat. In fact if you look up any of those gym fail things on YouTube, I can guarantee you without having seen one that it is 50% overhead squats.

>subpar rom
Just get a fucking spotter if you're going to max out.

overhead squat?? Do you mean overhead press?

It has nothing to do with injuring your shoulders. You dumb fucks keep talking about long term injuries. The reason the bench is most dangerous is because you have the bar over your chest and neck at different points. Virtually every other lift you are able to bail out of. If the bar slips off your palms or whatever and you're benching a decent weight you could be fucked as in dead

You should be shoving your chest up when you bench anyway, pretty easy to set the safeties so you can touch chest when arched and flatten out if you need to dump the bar.

Attached: 1507345096268.gif (325x325, 37K)

>What is shoulder impingement
You CAN bail out of a bench press IF you bench in a power rack.