Hafthor won

Hafthor won
When will Mateusz become GOAT?
Shaw missed the birth of his kid for a third place kekked

Attached: IMG_20180506_095752.jpg (720x718, 237K)

>When will Mateusz become GOAT?
If he sorts out his deadlift and gains some weight he's going to annihilate people, and he's so young that he's got forever to do it, provided he doesn't get hit with some career-ending injury.

>BRB, outright beating a bunch of 400+ lb dudes at the truck pull last year while weighing 100lbs less
>BRB, making everyone look fucking stupid on the stone at the Arnold

He's going to have to be careful with that weight gain. A big part of his success so far is that he's a lot more mobile and conditioned than the 400lbers.

I am unironically pissed that Hafthor won. I was hoping hed retire a fucking failure. His duels with Shaw were awesome, but both are past their primes.

Mateuz on the otherhand would already be legendary tier had he won the Arnold Classic this last go around.

True, he certainly doesn't need to turn into a beanbag chair. Deads don't correspond to bodyweight nearly as much as some other lifts, but he needs all the help he can get in that department, he gave up 7 points to Bjornsson on those alone. And with his overhead technique as good as it is, a boost in brute strength would make him a front-runner there. But yeah, that's if he can get bigger without getting in his own way or slowing down.

How is Hafthor past his prime lmao?

Secretly i was hoping for Licis to reach the podium, he is also amazing and technical. I think that he brings a lot of personality to the sport.
Savickas probably gonna retire now since he got injured yet again. He had an amazing career but age caught up on him, he should get leaner and healthier again.

>Arnold, convincingly
>Europe's, effortlessly
>World's, by a big margin

Is he on a level above the rest this year?

dont get this, do they have a worlds strongest man competion every six months? The last one was in like febuary.
When can you watch this shit?

I practice krav naga and I would destroy haftor in a one on one fight. I hope he prays that we dont cross paths because ill taunt him to fight me

that was the arnold strongman comp

I want Mateusz to cuddle me

Props to stan efferding. He helped prepare hafthor for the last arnold and wsm 2018.

more like krap faga

Stan seems like such a cool guy, no homo.

Biggest strongmen competitions:
WSM (World's Strongest Man)
Europe's Strongest Man
Arnold Strongman Classics

He's top tier, but there's been some significant luck in his scoring. Had the injuries not gone down the way they did things likely would have been much closer.

Also Europes had a somewhat depleted field this time around.

Somewhat depleted? Which big names weren't there?

Arnold classic is the most impressive out of the three.

No Eddie. Doesn’t count

Way to fucking spoil it faggot.

>spoil it

wat

This is news, not a movie or something.

Yea only movies, books and games can be spoiled...

fucking vidya nerd

shouldnt only the first place be allowed to wear that shirt in the end?

Thanks for ruining xmas.

This.
Thor will always have to live with the fact that /ourguy/ Eddie beat him.

Shaw's a bitch and I'd tell him to his face. Hell I'd hold his newborn by the leg and whip its head against the sidewalk right in front of him. Then I'd hand him a baseball bat and a gun and stand there naked while I called him a bitch to his face. The bitch wouldn't do shit. He probably wouldn't even call out my tiny penis.

wtf is wrong with you ? Brian Shaw is a nice person.

Exactly. That's what "nice" gets you. A smashed infant.

Shaw is downhill since that win of the Arnold. It's a shame because the guy is likeable and Thor isnt even able to speak properly

I remember Shaw saying something along the lines of "You can only call yourself the true World's Strongest Man if you win both WSM and the Arnold in the same calendar year", which he himself did in 2011 and 2015, and Savickas in 2014.

who taught you this lesson user

>being this obsessed and angry with people you've never met or know personally
Get mental health help.

man i feel bad for shaw this hasnt been his year, and he missed the birth of his kid for 3rd place...ouch

Damn I was really rooting for Shaw this time.

He might be contractually obligated to compete.

Guys at the top of sports like this make their living endorsing stuff like gym equipment, gym gear, etc...

If this contest and making the finals and a podium spot is how he financially takes care of his family then this is actually him putting his family first.

This. He didn't have much choice

I don’t understand why he doesn’t open his own gym and start coaching people. I mean, he is one of the most acomplished strongmen. For sure people would trust him with every word that comes out of his mouth about training.

Why did hall compete?

Didn't*

injured and he didn't initially want to do another after he won anyway

He knew he'd lose. Not even memeing. I was happy when he won last year, but it took the stars aligning and he knows it. His retirement stance doesn't hold up since he's hardly lost any weight and he's still trying to cherry pick records while ducking every contest where he'd go against Bjornsson. To be fair, he might want out but sponsorships make it financially daft to actually bail so he could be doing just enough to keep them. FFS, he set some obscure ski erg short distance record this week to get attention since he wasn't at WSM.

He only won because the competition was shit and he's the only strong guy there.

The best guys were all there. The fuck you on about.
Inb4 Eddie hall.
He won by a fluke. His static strength is insane but he's nowhere near the best strongman.