Compared to the physique of ancient man, modern bodybuilders look like disgusting caricatures

compared to the physique of ancient man, modern bodybuilders look like disgusting caricatures
huge breast like pectorals, thin waists, tiny chicken legs an more make for a sight that would repulse our ancestors

Attached: Deer_hunt_mosaic_from_Pella.jpg (462x450, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6jaYhQFRI
physicalculturestudy.com/2015/01/19/halteres-the-dumbbell-of-ancient-greece/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why are their chests so underage b&? Did push-ups not exist back then?

realistically bodybuilders of today would be hailed as monsters or gods back then

In b4 americans crying "the statues, images and pictures are idealised! No man can have a waist smaller than his chest!"

Push ups were invented around 1850, like the barbell. Not trolling. They were done on parallel bars as a pre-exercise for dips, for people who were too weak for dips. The earliest source I found is the "Volksturnbuch" (The People's Gymnastics book) by August Ravenstein, from 1861.

>realistically bodybuilders of today would be hailed as monsters or gods back then
>gods
American education.

they are raising their arms stretching their pecs out.

i.e brian shaw would be Hercules or some shit, i guess i was too specific

>pushing yourself up from the ground by means of your chest and arms was invented around 1850
>invented

This board, man.

Attached: 1512921633391.png (733x464, 59K)

still with ancient exercise regimens there isn't a lot of heavy chest work to get beefy pecs like today

here's no way he'd be able to consume enough to keep up his current physique

Modern strongmen, even with steroids, cannot compete with some of the lifts attributed to ancients

Pic related. Stone of Bybon
>A block of red sandstone weighing 143.5 kg was found at Olympia, with the carved inscription "Bybon son of Phola, has lifted me over [his] head with one hand." The stone has a section carved out as a hand grip.

Attached: Stone of Bybon.jpg (1200x900, 245K)

>"found on the island of Santorini (Thera). This stone, which weighs 480 kilograms (nearly 1060 pounds), also dates to the 6th century B. C. and has the inscription, "Eumastas, the son of Critobulus, lifted me from the ground"

Attached: BHz4VPl.jpg (600x480, 86K)

The physiques of the Ancients are born of training for practicality. Wether they were rowing triremes, swinging swords holding shields or doing manual labour, their bodies are the result of work over many years.

A large chest these days is a result of a lot of training that particular muscle and arguably a societal norm thats been populated as something to gain for aesthetics. The ancients chest’s were perfectly suited for they did, which was manual labour, sport and warfare with no excess.

>i.e brian shaw would be Hercules or some shit, i guess i was too specific
He would be laughed at as a fat, bumbling idiot. Which he is. Did you see his boxing match against a washed up rockstar?

>This board, man.
It's the truth. You literally think ancient Greeks did push ups? You're American, right?

There is literally evidence being found that indicate that mediterranean populations had a significant amount of giants - look up the giant's teeth from Sardinia and Tim Alberino's interviews with sardinian peasants who dug up the Nuragi tombs

>There is literally evidence being found that indicate that mediterranean populations had a significant amount of giants - look up the giant's teeth from Sardinia and Tim Alberino's interviews with sardinian peasants who dug up the Nuragi tombs
I thought the "ancient Greeks did push ups brah" guy was the most American poster ITT, then you showed up.

What if they were shitposting

hindu pushups are much older

they still had muscular chests, but no where close to modern bodybuilders

I mean there are some people today who can lift this much
but they use more modern equipment (like dumbells) which are easier to lift than a stone
youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6jaYhQFRI

amazing how the dude that comes in with glasses on still looks weak even though his body is really strong.

get lasik you nerds

SEETHING

Attached: image.jpg (639x349, 83K)

e-statting before the e

physicalculturestudy.com/2015/01/19/halteres-the-dumbbell-of-ancient-greece/

143.5kg overhead press one-handed would be world record

286kg with two hands. No way there is strongman today doing such lifts

Halteres were like 11 kg max. They also weren't push ups, Mr. American.

>having gay flap
>not choosing more painful way but with no permament scar on your eye which is manly prk

>pushups for chest

I cant feel shit on my chest for pushups, its all back and triceps
cant feel chest at all unless im benching over 1 pl8, under that its all arms.