BIG CALVES

>Do 3x calf raises to failure with 52kg barbell for 1 year
>Calves still skinny as fuck
What is one supposed to do to get big calves?

Attached: download.jpg (325x155, 4K)

* >Do 3x calf raises, 3 times a week, to failure with 52kg barbell for 1 year

more calf raises

:´(

5x to failure, 4 times a week?
Everyday?
Specify please.

When doing them standing use moderate reps with way more weight than 52 kg. 4 sets should be enough. When doing them seated do high reps (20-30) up to 5 sets

How many reps is "to failure"? Is this sitting with the bar on your upper legs or standing while holding the bar? With the tiny range of motion and the time you've been doing this you should be able to use more weight. Also, mix it up. Seated and standing calf raises emphasize different muscles.

Do standing with like 4pl8. And do them slow. Hold and tense at top. Also bad incersions are bad incersions.

I have no gym membership :´(
I don't want to take 20+ euros a month from my parents
And I'm a compsci major so I have no time to get a job
All I have is a barbell in which I can put 64kg

do more slow rep

Thanks.

This

Attached: 1525603617262s.jpg (250x79, 3K)

>250x79 pixels
How the fuck am I supposed to read this?

Goddamn I fucked it up

Attached: 1525603617262.png (1253x400, 115K)

You should be starting at body weight and then progressing upwards. 52 kg is piss weak.

KEK
Thanks! :D

see

Its a thumbnail

Really could have used that advice earlier.

Increase the weight you tard.

I used to load backpack with plates and then do calf raises on a wood plank. Go past 90 degrees, full stretch and pause on top for like 2 seconds.

Goddamn, it's always the same with you fuckers. Don't wanna go to the gym or get equipment but still wanna get swole. Every fucking day with you cunts here. It's like someone asking how to become a saxophonist without having to shell out for a sax or take lessons. If you can't afford a gym membership or a bar and some plates, work on your obviously more urgent life requirements until you can.

20-30 sets of calves a week, multiple times a week

heavy days, light days, high rep days, low rep days.. weeks where you work them every day, weeks where you do 20+ sets for them on one day

Do 1x1 ‘usedtobefat’s

>What is one supposed to do to get big calves?
I do high reps with only body weight until they burn and I have the feeling they'll tear up, then I rest them and do it again, then I rest them and do it again untill I can't do it anymore to the point of burning. I do this every day.

I don't know how big they get, but everyday I have them pumped the whole day over, so eventually they'll grow.

For me it's important that they are as wide and/or wider than my arms, little successes is what makes me going.

>but everyday I have them pumped the whole day over, so eventually they'll grow.

you are on a good path bro, blood circulation in your calves together with abuse is what makes them grow. for some people just a lot of walking every day due to their job or life activity and not sitting the whole day is enough for the calves to grow.

Do 100 slow reps a day.

>What is one supposed to do to get big calves?

Grow up playing soccer all your life.

>Play basketball and cycle for more than 15 years
>Calves smaller than biceps
>Brother never trained, smokes, eats like shit
>Huge ass calves
Why did I get all the shitty genes?

Attached: 1464910360836.png (750x554, 611K)

Calves are 110% genetic

Control the lift. Keep your hips and knees locked and pause at the bottom and top. Bouncing around like a jackass lets you use a huge amount of weight, but your Achilles' tendon does almost all the work in that case.

Genetics + Being one of those weird people who walk on their toes.

1. Be genetically gifted
2. If that doesn't work, get extremely obese for 3+ years and then lose all the weight back and get a bunch of surgeries to tie up your loose skin
3. If you don't want to do hat, get calf transplants like Arnold did

Calves don't grow to impressive size on the majority of people. Just deal with it. It doesn't fucking affect you at all unless you make your living off bodybuilding.

It looks like shit though if you've got 16inch arms and 14inch calves

wearing work boots erry day after 2 years of being a neet made mine blow up lmao

use more weight and switch up your workouts. your calves are endurance muscles and theyre probably used to the same workout over and over again. do heavy sets of 8-12

>get calf transplants like Arnold did
where did you read this

Calves respond to two things:

Genetics
Roids

Not even joking. They just don't respond to training for most people. Stop wasting your time.

Do different types of calf raises
>standing
>seated
>1 leg
>donkey
Mine got bigger doing these

can I post pics of my calves? I don't know if they're good.

weightes dip belt + donkey calf raises. everyday to failure.
t. former calflet

Eat lots and lots veal. Also get better genetics.

>be me 1 year ago skinnyfat dyel huge calves
>be me now fit by normie standards, trains calves once literally explodes

be fat for half a decade and walk home everyday with a heavy backpack, that was me in highschool, fucking THICC legs and a flubby body.

If you're in college you should have access to a decent weight room at the rec center. Unless you're doing school online.

hold 170 lb dumbbells and do standing calf raises. i am a proud owner of two baby cows

College marching band

Is your brother heavier than you by any chance?

Put on a heavy backpack and go walking for hours, or gain a shitload of weight.

you fucking idiot.

5x10 every three times a week will get those calves juicy

My college does not have that.
I'm not from the U.S