Does vidya fit in Jow Forums's mindset?

does vidya fit in Jow Forums's mindset?

>no

what are your excuses for vidya?

Attached: soyasauce.jpg (1234x1120, 514K)

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0030253
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/11/171115153631.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jow Forums does not have a coherent mindset

Bad thead you should feel bad op

Attached: Which meme are you roll 1 0199 just roll and_ef09d5_5663179.jpg (780x585, 139K)

least thing i want to do is to fit into the mindset of this board

>thinking Jow Forums is one giant entity that has meetings and we decide what we do

come on.. everyone enjoys different shit. I used to play vidya, but now because of work and life in general I don't. If you have the time and enjoy it, why not. Everything is cool in moderation, but if you stack up 10000h in dota2 that's not a good sign.

rolino

Don't know about Jow Forums, but it definetly doesn't fit in my mindset.
Vidya is a fucking waste of time gains goblin that sucks your social life and productivity into the abyss.

Attached: 1516366898791.gif (800x371, 125K)

the only games I play are Unreal Tournament 99 when I'm really bored and then just building stuff in Minecraft occasionally to chill out

roll

Roll

>playing videogames past your twenties

Attached: 1525142585023.jpg (576x768, 65K)

Rollin

roll

What's the difference from watching TV past your twenties?

Reeeeling.

Rolleroni macaroni

Ebin bread-helmet-guy.

I only really play custom blops3 zombies or souls tier games, why? Fun
I don't see how this thread is fitness related

Rolando

These threads are actually good for people to check themselves. As someone who has literally spent years gaming, I can't say I don't regret some of it.

How many counter-strike rounds, DotA games, wow instances, RuneScape accounts, and so on become moments we don't remember? They lose significance the moment you put down the controller.

I still play games because I don't have the resolve not to. It happens when I'm programming, or doing something important. I get frustrated and say fuck it, or 'just one round'. Before I know it my day is burned as a stay at home gamer nerd. I can't break the cycle, but it makes ya think if there's a better way

Attached: pKDF5hy.jpg (200x200, 6K)

roll

>if you stack up 10000h in dota2 that's not a good sign

why?

>Vidya is a fucking waste of time gains goblin that sucks your social life and productivity into the abyss.

why?

>What's the difference from watching TV past your twenties?

Someone answer his question

>These threads are actually good for people to check themselves. As someone who has literally spent years gaming, I can't say I don't regret some of it.

Someone here gets it

Attached: think.png (898x790, 279K)

I can always find a couple of hours a week for vidya. It's not toxic unless you lose control and play wow or some other time sink.

>It's not toxic unless you lose control and play wow or some other time sink.

why

and why would nobody ever say something like this to the practice of a sport?

>>Vidya is a fucking waste of time gains goblin that sucks your social life and productivity into the abyss.

>why?
Because I'm speaking from experience. As soon as I dropped vidya my productivity went through the roof and I started going out significantly more

Video games are actually great for your mental health. They're a waaay better way to spend time than watching TV or movies.

>makes you actually use your brain instead of just receiving and storing information
>improves your hand-eye coordination
>competitive video games provide an environment where kids and teens can learn about hierarchies in the safety of their homes

those are 10000h literally waisted

>Video games are actually great for your mental health

Abnormal White Matter Integrity in Adolescents with Internet Addiction Disorder: A Tract-Based Spatial Statistics Study

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0030253

rollerz

Rolleroo

I feel bad for adult men who still play vidya regularly. It's like they missed the memo and had no idea you were supposed to grow up as you grow old.

Also forgot to mention that competitive video games are a great way to put people's mental capacities to test:
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/11/171115153631.htm

>Games such as League of Legends and DOTA 2 are complex, socially-interactive and intellectually demanding. Our research would suggest that your performance in these games can be a measure of intelligence.
>Research in the past has pointed to the fact that people who are good at strategy games such as chess tend to score highly at IQ tests. Our research has extended this to games that millions of people across the planet play every day.
>The discovery of this correlation between skill and intelligence opens up a huge new data source. For example, as 'proxy' tests of IQ, games could be useful at a global population level in fields such as 'cognitive epidemiology' -- research that examines the associations between intelligence and health across time -- and as a way of monitoring cognitive health across populations.

I try to keep it pretty moderated the not at all.

But the new Isaac booster pack and upcoming destiny expansion will be the death of me.

Roll

because sport has the added benefit of actually keeping you healthy

sitting in a darkened room clicking buttons makes you a loser

>t. loser searching for excuses why he is a loser

rull

I do not play video games because I am not some faggot kid with nothing better to do.

Browsing this site automatically makes you a loser. Get some self-awareness autist, you probably disocered this site in 2015

Roll

roller

haha im so glad I grew out of this stupid shit of not enjoying your free time after getting on gear which you will always have no matter how busy you are just to act cool

D-does this only count team based competitive games
I play fighting games and just get blown up all day long and drown in pools

>Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like

based

Imagine what you couldve done in 10.000h doing something else. You could be in the top 5-10% of probably any field you desire if you put 10.000h into it and are somewhat gifted. And you chose a videogame...

Rollin

I play single player story games. I don't play as much as I used to, a game has to be really good to keep my attention. I don't like games that never end and go on forever.

Nostalgia roll

Video games do not have to impair your ability to do anything in life, all these people who think video games are a waste of time because they were too weak to schedule their time properly are simply wrong. Video games are an art form, I enjoy using it as a way to bond with friends and it does not impede my progress in life because I have things I value over video games, even though I enjoy them. I think a lot of these people talking shit just have little self control or are not interested in video games to begin with. I'm a little drunk so take what I say with a grain of salt, of course, but I'm open for discussion.

It really depends on what games and systems you use
>Virgin embarrasment tier
Nintendo and anything they make
All ages family friendly garbage
Indie tumblr shit like Vallhalla
Overwatch, CS GO etc
>Chad games
Wipeout
Monster Hunter
Fighting games
Anything that requires actual skill

Just to continue off that point, the friendships and social skill I've built through gaming have been invaluable in my life. There are benefits to be found in playing video games, but only if you structure it correctly, same with everything.

oh my god nostalgia rolling

ayy

I mean vidya can help distract you from getting bored and deciding to eat. Problem is that vidya can kill your time and you'll forget to excercise. Also, depending on the game, you may get bored real quick.

Attached: 1525550627454.jpg (1440x1719, 648K)

gib

Rolling

Attached: Rolling3.gif (500x536, 388K)

[spoiler]SOMEONE[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ONE ONE[/spoiler]

i just like to play tracer on overwatch sometimes.

Rolling on the river.

roll

And? Are you actually happier? Do you actually have real, close friends or are you 1 of those people who uses everyone as a networking possibility? If the former, then it sounds like vidya wasn't the main issue but an outlet for something else. If the latter, you're a fucking tool

Rollan

roll