How can one train for hypertrophy instead of strength? how do you separate size from strength...

How can one train for hypertrophy instead of strength? how do you separate size from strength? Isn't strength and muscle size due to (in basic terms) microtears in muscle fibers which fill up the spaces in the tears with more muscle matter? Aren't strength and size just proportionate? I don't know, maybe I'm retarded but the difference between size and strength just seems like bro science

pic related is me after about a year of lifting- subpar results due to a couple of injuries and moving between 3 countries

Attached: CB April 2018.png (836x494, 536K)

PPL

you telling me to do PPL? rn I'm just doing physiotherapy and cutting. also taking the opportunity to train neck, lats and bis since I've neglected them

someone please help me

most unaesthetic looking ass i've seen

I've only been lifting for about a year and a half and I've been injured so I haven't been able to work on my lower body

8-10 reps range

Lifting isn't doing good on you if those are the results of 5 or 6 months working out properly, if your back hurts or it's really hard to lift don't do it or try less do other exercices and workout legs + run

it's the results of like a year and a half. Bear In mind I was travelling between 3 countries for this period and often moving between cities as well, meaning my workout were stalling and sometimes stopped for weeks at a time. When my legs weren't injured about 6 months ago, I deadlifted about 120kg and could squat 102.5kg. I now bench 75kg and OHP 60 for reps

I'd say:

14x5 Kangaroo Jumps
3x5 Reverse Bench Press
2x5 Chin Downs
1x5 Livelift

r u calling me short user

OH wait this is reverse SS you're not calling me short you're calling me fat lmao

Maybe add more volume to your training. Also do stuff like curls, skull crushers and shoulder flies for 3 sets of 10-12 reps to look like you lift

Strength = Hypertrophy

do more reps with less weight. but the end result should be the same: your last set should take everything you've got.

dumb post.

Refute my argument then, bitch.

the fact that most powerlifters look like shit. but i'm sure you'll post a few cherry-picked exceptions to the rule.

You obviously cannot read so why should I waste time explaining shit to you

First of all, fix that anterior pelvic tilt buddeh. You look worse than a girl with no ass trying to show off her ass

>How can one train for hypertrophy instead of strength?
Low weight, and as many controlled reps as you can do with said weight.

>how do you separate size from strength?
Strength is just how much you can lift at any given point. Size is how much potential strength you have, but don't expect your max to increase 20 lbs if all you do is hypertrophic movements

I've been lifting since I was 13, and I've done all sorts of workouts throughout high school football. I know a good bit about what I'm talking about. Most "broscience" is just experiences people have lifting, and I have a lot of it.

Didn't even notice I had anterior pelvic tilt. Mb I'll be able to get a tiny bit of height from fixing it.

Powerlifters dont have more strength than their same bodytype counterpart. The best they can hope for is to be accustomed to the same type of lift and develop some stabilizer and tertiary etc muscle for that specific lift. Hell, their PRs are ridiculous ego lifting shit form no range of motion one rep max but lol big numbers.

A fucking calisthenics guy who does full ROM and trains every day and is low bf is way more desirable imo, he's gonna be fucking ripped. Theres the question of higher body weight (fat) giving you an advantage and calisthenics guys being unaccustomed to big lifts, but seriously I'd rather do full body calisthenics and develop muscle memory (neurological patterns) for wrestling moves than be a fat autist on his way to snap city. Keep in mind I still wanna be a heavyweight at low bf and not neglect any muscle group, which powerlifters can't fathom.

>Mb I'll be able to get a tiny bit of height from fixing it.
Nah, but your diddly will probably go up. pelvic tilt fucks your flexibility all over.