/fast/ #190 - No Consistency Edition

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

>Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

>Can I fast if I have ___?
See your doctor before fasting if you:
>Have any sort of chronic illness
>Have gout
Don’t fast if you:
>Have type 1 diabetes
>Are malnourished/severely underweight
>Are pregnant
>Are breastfeeding

>How do I safely do an extended fast?
Take snake juice. (youtube.com/watch?v=2vz_U8kxDlg)
>2000mg of sodium (preferably Himalayan Pink Salt) max
>4700mg of saltless potassium max
>Mix these in a liter of water and sip it throughout the day.
The apple cider vinegar and lemon are optional.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (8-10%).

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes, headass.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
Artificial sweeteners and diet soda are bad for you and may fuck up your fast. Zero calorie black coffee and tea ware generally considered to be fine.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
Not unless you’re fasting for a month or longer.

Attached: C110369E-C6D1-44C1-A160-71D1C9CD676E.jpg (654x548, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

idmprogram.com/blog/
idmprogram.com/videos/
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/29105987/
discord.gg/Raz5BhY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>OTHER RESOURCES
idmprogram.com/blog/
idmprogram.com/videos/
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/29105987/

>DISCORD
discord.gg/Raz5BhY

i spelled are wrong fuck

>tfw no food

Attached: 1514167219402.png (601x601, 830K)

>tfw no heroin

never gonna make it.

its actually pretty sad that snake diet is the go to for most of you faggots. cole is fine and all, but its what you guys base everything around.

literally just water fasting is good enough.

>want food so fucking badly
>remaining 8 proton bars singing their siren song

FUCK I'm gonna do some fasted LISS and watch muh Indonesian infomercials. I don't think I can be productive today.

>just water fasting
Nope, salt water fasting at a minimum

>go to bed
>every time I am about to fall asleep I feel like I am fainting instead and jolt awake
What's going on?

Hi /fast/
Usually I can manage to hold my fast for many days at a time, but sometimes I slip up and cheat. Here is the thing tho, I'm always quick to feel guilt and run into the nearest bathroom to puke the cheat meal out. Even though the meal was only like 10 minutes in my stomach, is it enough to exit my fast as long as I puke until there is only stomach acid?

You are ascending

Holy fuck I wish I could puke up my binges. Gag reflex is too damn weak.

I know bulemia is dangerous, and I definitely wouldn't approve of it as a long term strategy, but it would've saved me so much extra work.

Don't vomit, it's extremely bad for your throat and teeth. If you fucked up just accept it and do better next time

This

Fast or get the fuck out.

we /eating disorder/ now

Anyone know where to get something like No-salt or Salt Free in the UK?

Reduced sodium salt from tescos

Oh I can get lo-salt from Sainos, is reduced ok then (as opposed to 0 sodium)?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk

1 hour into 40 day fast, not even difficult baka.

Attached: emwkaVL.png (764x690, 556K)

just check the label, lo-salt should be 50% sodium 50% potassium, and those are the proportions you mix in snek jews anyway so there ya go

does my boyfriend cumming in my boipucci break my fast?

Is there any point doing weight training while fasting? Will it have any impact whatsoever on musculature given that I'm not eating any protein and therefore won't build muscle?

Fuck off Reiko, trap posting is degeneracy. Go blackmail robots on Jow Forums, but don't shit up other boards.

>tfw breaking fast in pho bo
>spring rolls
>kebab
>bit of honey with royal jelly as dessert

Attached: dog smile.jpg (750x718, 71K)

Is anyone who does this intense fasting shit NOT a total NEET?

How do you function in normal society?

>tfw fasting and NEET
lmao

Attached: hawaii_pogs_stack.jpg (1550x1280, 1.34M)

Cole is a motivator and convincer. He says dumb shit almost 24/7 but is right about snake juice, if you plan to go long and not feel pissed the fuck off/like shit you need it.

Yes: light weight training will make natural muscle loss slow considerably. I would not advise lifting heavy unless you're early in a fast and feeling really good. But stuff like cardio and bodyweight are highly beneficial.

>Yes: light weight training will make natural muscle loss slow considerably
theres actually no data showing this just so you know. I still do it but its just something everyone says but not a single study exists showing it.

Additionally any exercise will burn off the glycogen in your liver and muscles so you can get into ketosis/autophagy faster.

Faggot

By not worshipping the sugar cock every waking hour? You know nothing happens if you just say "no" right?

Attached: 1525646022512.png (932x944, 241K)

Who said anything about sugar?

Its always sugar

Alright boys, tomorrow my fast begins. Been doing 2 weeks of OMAD and everything has been smooth so far. Been eating a ton today (4000+ calories, been in a deficit the last 2 weeks) and starting my fast after dinner tonight.

What am I in for? Any tips besides drinking electrolytes? How many days should I aim for on my first fast?

That's actually good to know, I'll stop telling people it then.

As long as possible, basically until you feel like you can't handle it anymore or start feeling weak just existing.

I'm already quite lean so I've been doing a weekly fast, this works great. Starting every Monday I fast between 36-72 hours. Already in summer shape ahead of schedule!

Attached: gwb.gif (480x270, 2.88M)

If I OMAD 1000 calories a day will I go into ketosis or do I need to specifically stick to keto macros?

Can you lift to full capacity doing leangains (having bcaa before)

I've got keto rash and my skin randomly itches all over, please help

Sounds uncomfortable, post pics obvi

>Artificial sweeteners and diet soda are bad for you and may fuck up your fast

FUCK. 24+ hours in, and I'm realizing I've been flavoring my water with shit that has sucralose, acesulfame potassium, and malic acid. Not a real fast?

Attached: floral taco pescado.jpg (1132x640, 303K)

It's nothing major yet, and the rashes themselves don;t itch.

If you're trying to do keto without eating keto macros, you're driving with your air brake on.

Attached: white biscuit.jpg (2572x966, 720K)

Im not saying its wrong, but ti works for other reasons. It prevents de-training. Keeps your nervous system adapted to the excersises. So you still should but the idea itll slow muscle mass loss isnt 100% correct thats all.

i ate. i actually didn't even feel like eating, i guess my mind just felt like it. it wasn't worth it.

I'm just still not entirely sure about the science behind it. I figured if I'm eating at a deficit in a limited window that my glucose blood glucose would go down eventually.

Attached: white gozleme.jpg (1430x952, 538K)

Attached: hoagie.jpg (1268x640, 324K)

I bought some creatine that seemingly has no calories, and I'm going to drink it whether you guys like it or not

[spoiler]should I? there are no downsides, right?[/spoiler]

Also, does Jow Forums not have spoiler tags? I can't see why that formatting is wrong.

Attached: black breakfast.jpg (1952x1252, 563K)

No spoilers on Jow Forums

Yeah, you'll still lose weight and burn fat, but by spiking your insulin with high GI foods, you're making it more difficult for your body to return to fat burning mode. You're just making it take longer by forcing your body to switch gears constantly.

Any neets here fasting? How are you guys doing? Gonna try and fast for as long as I can, gonna hope for 2 weeks at least.

Attached: 1525016543544.png (554x788, 368K)

Eat just don't consume carbs.

Attached: pink porchetta sandwich.jpg (1573x1238, 685K)

How do I get used to fasting while at work guys? Honestly day one isn't so bad but I have to keep giving up because day 2 or 3 I just can't keep up in the work place

me too , help . what do ?

neetdom and fasting is the easiest way to lose weight. Shame that the mental clarity I got from fasting and nailing an interview means that I will be leaving neetdom soon... good thing I'm almost at my goal.

Does my awful bad breath means that I'm in ketosis? I've washed my mouth like 2 times already today but it still persists.

Does sucking dick and swallowing cum break my fast?

What do you do for work?

Yeah.

So it's not just me? I don't know if my breath smells bad, but I've had a nasty taste in my mouth/back of my throat for about 2 days.

Because I've been fasting i've mostly only been doing mouthwash instead of brushing my teeth, so maybe that helps, but I figure it has to do with fasting.

Are you a construction worker or something? You might as well just do OMAD

Thanks buddy, let’s see if I can make it a week

No I work in an office fasting is still very mentally draining

I read it was because of ketosis but my bad breath started around the 24-hour mark and I just thought it was because of not eating, but it's been going for a while now.

OMAD isn't fasting.

Keep it up, user. I'll stop being a neet in around 3 months or so, gonna enter college after 2 years of neetdom. Hopefully I can reach my goal by that time.

What do you believe the benefit of taking creatine on a fast might be?

Did you even read his post? He said he's been doing OMAD and he's going to START fasting. Does fasting rot your brain or something you fat shit?

First day of fasting down.
Not eating until this next Sunday

>washed my mouth
Who the fuck says it like this?

Consuming b8 also breaks a fast.

You gotta overcome that then. That's what the water fast is in its purest essence: austere discipline. That's what the monks and Jesus and all them other niggas who've been fasting for centuries were getting at. Pure self-discipline. Work sucks? Takes a lot out of you? Oh well, suck down some snake juice and get through it, you have to be hungrier for success in your health and diet than you have to be hungry for feeling comfort from calories.

I guess the same benefits of taking creatine at all, I have some vague understanding that it helps repair muscle or refuel muscle or something. People just tell me it's good.

I'm still paranoid of losing muscle, so I figure if creatine has no downsides to the fast, then it would help maintain muscle, but if it threatens the fast by stimulating the mucosal lining or something, then I guess I can save it for later.

>i've mostly only been doing mouthwash
Brush your teeth

Funny how OMAD still isn't fasting.

Third week in a row doing 48 hrs. Weirdly enough, I'm in keto only 24 hours in while it took around 34-38hrs the last two times. I don't recall eating low carb leading up to this fast either. It's legit getting easier but sadly I feel like I'm losing strength. Used to be able to do 2pl8 bench but now I'm really struggling even after non-fasting days.

ok

Attached: 1524187347103.gif (300x200, 65K)

Attached: blue salmon shrimp.jpg (1260x1129, 485K)

Creatine helps flush lactic acid out of your muscles after a workout to minimize soreness so you can recover faster. This is a 90s meme. We know now that the lactic acid actually stimulates muscle growth, so flushing it away quickly is counter productive. Feel the burn... as they say.

In terms of how this relates to a fast, it will make you hold water (to flush lactic acid) but how this mixes with electrolyte depletion is unknown... but my guess would be "uncomfortably." Do what you want but it's clear that you don't understand why you're taking it or what it's purpose is.

I did start brushing because of the bad breath. I guess there's still skin cells and bacteria and shit

Really? Do bodybuilders not use creatine anymore?

i outa wash your mouth out you little punk !

Attached: 1520828997971.jpg (540x720, 49K)

How did you guys all feel the first time you tried to fast?

Hungry, annoyed, anxious

Cute girl but it's clear that you don't understand how this works. These pictures are only actually tempting extreme beginners who aren't that serious anyway.

Attached: SmartSelect_20180506-211843_Gallery.jpg (1438x873, 667K)

Yea but (((bodybuilders))) are roid freaks amd you're just a lazy fat fuck. See the difference?

...also jazz is for niggers and boomers. It has always been and will always be just nigger fetishism that band nerds use to pretend they're spontaneous. Just like in acting, impromptu is shit which is why every blockbuster has a fucking script and a director. Just like commercials, only time jazz is used is for selling uncle bens dirty nigger rice or promote some snooty overpriced shithole eatery to boomers.

kys, I already know too much about you.

Attached: SmartSelect_20180506-212341_Firefox.jpg (1429x954, 481K)

Anyone fasting in Ramadan??

Attached: CC-Fasting-Wellness1.jpg (960x720, 88K)

No muslims are fasting during bombathon.

is eating 4 buckets of KFC okay for a refeed after a 48 hour fast?

Attached: refeed day.webm (500x280, 2.93M)

Will it fuck up my fast if i take my potassium in pills with Gluconate?

Attached: 6485a303_3c96_4d8e_a239_0aceb833a78e..jpg (640x640, 52K)

>tfw ketomad

One keto meal a day

drink some snakes piss during the fast

easy weight loss