What’s more important for fat loss? Avoiding carbs or cico?

What’s more important for fat loss? Avoiding carbs or cico?

Attached: 76FB29C7-0FBB-4C95-A248-DF36D0821358.jpg (600x797, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg
youtube.com/watch?v=zcMBm-UVdII
youtube.com/watch?v=jXXGxoNFag4&t
youtube.com/watch?v=8t1JN0RgvO4&t
youtube.com/watch?v=KlHPmJTihBc
youtube.com/watch?v=z3fO5aTD6JU&t
youtube.com/watch?v=lQ7pSXIWHrI&t
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
cell.com/cell-stem-cell/abstract/S1934-5909(14)00151-9
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/pdf/jcinvest00482-0014.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=d6PyyatqJSE
youtube.com/watch?v=Gm626MgpveI
youtube.com/watch?v=f_4Q9Iv7_Ao
youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM&t
youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CICO. Avoiding carbs tends to have a side effect of lowering your caloric intake. But at the end of the day it's CICO.

So what’s the best macro split for a fat ass like me?
5’11 217lb 26%body fat

Lifting heavy. Mucles burns more calories over a longer period of time. Lift heavy and eat less until you shred down.

only like 6calories per pound ;/

That's where it gets a little fuzzy. So if lowering your carbs helps with keeping you under your cal limits, then do somehing like 40% protein, 40% fats, 20% carbs.

Both
This isnt totally correct.
youre too new to give advice

Stop with the retarded no carb meme. Carbs are great if you lift. You don't have to eat low carbs to lose weight, you have to eat less calories in general, it doesn't matter how many of those calories come from carbs.

>This isnt totally correct.

Attached: notanargument.jpg (598x792, 69K)

Cutting out carbs is very beneficial for almost every aspect concerned in metabolic syndrome. And yes it will lead to more weightloss than if you were eating carbs for multiple reasons. And itll be far easier as well.

If you cut carbs and ate at a surplus, you would gain weight. If you ate a load of carbs at a deficit you would lose weight. Its the cals that are important.

>Its the cals that are important.
It isnt that cut and dry fucker. I can get to LA from NY by walking but id rather fly. Understand? 2 paths can lead to the same destination but 1 is clearly the better choice. If youre simply ignorant on this topic I can easily dump a huge pasta of info. But if youre a close minded shit head dont bother responding.

Is this that superhero meme?

eat more small meals of mainly fat

I'm on my first day of keto, and I would actually really appreciate a huge pasta of info

Ok, then. Try to lose weight on a cal surplus. I'll wait.

>Ok, then. Try to lose weight on a cal surplus. I'll wait.
Then isnt what i said or implied, good to see youre a retarded child.
Sure thing friend. Theres some fasting info in there as well.

FIRST
Easy Overview
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg
youtube.com/watch?v=zcMBm-UVdII

SECOND
Longer and more comprehensive
youtube.com/watch?v=jXXGxoNFag4&t

THIRD
Keto/Low Carb
youtube.com/watch?v=8t1JN0RgvO4&t
youtube.com/watch?v=KlHPmJTihBc
youtube.com/watch?v=z3fO5aTD6JU&t
youtube.com/watch?v=lQ7pSXIWHrI&t

FOURTH
ACTUAL PAPERS
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
cell.com/cell-stem-cell/abstract/S1934-5909(14)00151-9
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/pdf/jcinvest00482-0014.pdf

FIFTH
Other Benefits
youtube.com/watch?v=d6PyyatqJSE
youtube.com/watch?v=Gm626MgpveI

SIXTH
Sugar is Poison
youtube.com/watch?v=f_4Q9Iv7_Ao
youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM&t

Theres shit loads more. If I didnt just waste my time and you actually read/watch all this, and you want more just utilize the channels those videos are on. Fuck load of info on there.

Attached: 1525335595517.jpg (576x767, 75K)

Energy deficit is the only way to lose weight aside from liposuction. Various diets are available that make compliance to energy restriction more likely. Cutting carbs is one such option.

I'm saying that any weight loss is due to the cal deficit. Keto is a meme.

>I'm saying that any weight loss is due to the cal deficit
For the 2nd time now you dumb faggot, there are multiple paths, some are easier and more efficient.
>Keto is a meme
It isnt, try to grow a brain and stop looking at little girl cartoons and instead watch/read all the pasta i posted above.

Attached: 1525283275035.jpg (640x640, 125K)

You are an inbred idiot.

If you aren't paying any mind to when you avoid carbs, it's all CICO. If you're doing some kind of intermittent keto, it will have an effect.

If what you're saying was right, you could do keto without a cal deficit and still lose weight. But since that is simply not true your meme has been proven fake and gay.

>falling for Keto

More like Ghetto, amirite?

Attached: xTWUjBA.jpg (195x200, 8K)

keto actually is a meme if you think otherwise you're a retard that fell for the meme

Keri?
>If what you're saying was right, you could do keto without a cal deficit and still lose weight
That is not what im saying at all. What the fuck is wrong with you dude?
Fucking up a post, deleting it, and trying again.
Moron am I right?
How about you stop samefagging and read my pasta dump?

Attached: 1525264966715.jpg (512x768, 92K)

>There's two different paths, but technically I still have to take your path. B-b-but two p-paths

Attached: Golden-boy-educational.jpg (400x360, 41K)

Ah thanks man, I was hoping for texts though, I generally prefer to read.

That isnt what I said you moron.
The destination is CICO. There are multiple paths to get there. Keto is one path.
Youre fucking stupid my dude.

Attached: 1509815327898.jpg (1080x1349, 99K)

The fourth one is papers on fasting if you fancy reading that.
And thats funny most people are the exact opposite.

Attached: 1512927685566.png (480x854, 409K)

You've just proved my original point. By doing keto you are just losing weight due to the deficit.

I have now said this multiple times. I never dis agreed with you you fucking idiot. I said there are many paths to the same goal and some are easier than others. Its easier to calorie restrict wihile doing keto rather than doing high carb.
Im seriously concerned for how fucking stupid you are.

Attached: __gKAdWKhJxrJ9tNDIieQJ4oU174Feyo-rFlP7miPEo.jpg (576x768, 60K)

lol. "Weight loss" is a moot point. In terms of "weight loss", ketogenic diets definitely win due to water retention dropping. You may be compelled to say "fat loss" but it's not that cut and dry. If I ate 1600 calories of protein and I ate 1600 calories of carbohydrates, who lose more fat? Your body would be much more likely to lose more fat if you ate purely protein because of the lack of some essential amino acids and the uptake necessary for nitrogen retention to continue non-essential amino acid production. Therefore, the rest of your energy expenditure (which is also very difficult to calculate and TDEE calculators very often get it wrong; to get a remotely accurate depiction you want to have RMR testing done) will come from other sources, like relatively rare gluconeogenesis from amino acids and ketogenesis. Simply said, energy deficit is very important, but the body is too complex to just simplify into "CICO lol just eat less". That being said, eating a nutritious diet with an energy deficit puts you at a large advantage when it comes to fat loss.

Except it's not a different path. It's the same path with a different meme name. And you fell for it.

Every diet works
And every diet fails
Trust people here and info you read but make up your own mind
> any user that has advice for me pls help. Need to lose as much weight as possible before May 12

Attached: BA188A3B-8811-419A-BBA0-917761327357.gif (200x200, 1.1M)

I shouldn't even bother...
>Me: Lift heavy, eat less
>Translation for brainlets: CICO with focus on increase of TDEE
>Brainlet Response: You are too new
Inb4 post body

Buddy youre completely wrong and dont know what youre talking about. Ive already posted a bunch of info explaining how different macros affect your body and satiety. Youre just not wiling you learn.

You cant lift heavy while in a defficit. Heavy for you may be 100lbs bench but heavy for me is 300 so we're in different worlds.

I found this thread very interesting and i am also wondering the same things discussed here. I have also done some read about cutting weight also cutted a lot of weight in periods, over 20 pounds. And gained lost weight over time duo lack of self control over the years. And now i am back on a mission to cut weight to summer season. And i got to say cutting carbs and calories work, but it is a downside with this becouse over a couple of moths with calorie/carb cut the metabolism will go down and it will be more difficult to cut weight. But, i have comed across some articles who claim that it is plausible to avoid the metabolism to drop by doing one highcarb day a week with 200 grams of carb intake. I am pretty sure you need to be over your daily calorie intake to get this working i guess. Is there anyone who knows more about this theory and some detailed info how to do it. Google isnt helping much at all

>but it is a downside with this becouse over a couple of moths with calorie/carb cut the metabolism will go down and it will be more difficult to cut weight.

Attached: 1478616744704.png (860x650, 60K)

>becouse over a couple of moths with calorie/carb cut the metabolism
wrong
Just fucking read my pasta dump dude. Im literally spoon feeding you people.

Attached: 1512927673924.jpg (740x986, 144K)

Hi. Well, im not sure if this is true actually. But if you do some read about the two hormones insuline and glucagon they have two opposit purposes with blodsugar. If you eat carbs the insuline in the liver where carbs turn into glucose, the insuline has a big role in this transofrmation. The important part with all this, is that the insuline transport the glucose with the bloodstream to absolutely all the organs in the body. The hormone glucagon that turns fat and proteins into (lipids?) In the blood, and this will be the bodys bloodsugar instead of glucose. The downside with the hormone glucagon is that it doesnt have the ablitiy to transport this bloodsugar to organs and in time it will affect metabolism. I have read this info in reliable sources such as medical websites and have desided to trust this duo to a lot of bullshit articles abt fitness topic.

>The hormone glucagon that turns fat and proteins into (lipids?) In the blood, and this will be the bodys bloodsugar instead of glucose. The downside with the hormone glucagon is that it doesnt have the ablitiy to transport this bloodsugar to organs and in time it will affect metabolism. I have read this info in reliable sources such as medical websites and have desided to trust this duo to a lot of bullshit articles abt fitness topic.
literally none of this si true

We're not talking about body satiety, GI, ketones, or anything else your wasn't too muddy the waters. I'm right, you're wrong. Get over it, sweetie.

lmao are you seriously bragging about dehydrating yourself? ketofags are this delusoinal

You are memeing so hard my head hurts

Yes we are. that makes walking that road easier that again for the 4th time is my entire point you moron.

OP didn't ask about those things, you illiterate mong.

Everyone please fucking read this shit.

I don't know where the "no carbs" shit came from but I've been seeing it more and more. I think it might have something to do with how popular the ultimate meme is becoming: Keto diet.

As a general rule, lowering carbs while cutting is good. But not cutting them out completely. And fucking lowering everything is good when cutting. That is why it is called cutting.

Carbs are energy. Unless you're lifting baby weight, you need them. That is why I will never support fasting unless you're morbidly obese.

pick a macro spread suitable to your activity, hit the calories, that's it.

So your question cannot be easily answered.

But, get your protein, fill in the calories. You will want the calories to be filled in with logs of veggies you will be perma hungry and overeat.

keto is magic, but bad for you depending.

if you eat mostly carbs but under tdee you would look like a girl so protein matters.

unless you burn 10k calories a day and get 1-1.5x lbm of protein

I don't think so, that is triangles.

This is smoke ala burning fat.

Im not OP, we're debating if KETO makes it easier to accomplish CICO. Which it does.

But where did you that keto is about cutting off energy? Keto is about changing your body to depend on fat instead of carbs. I know how much of a meme keto is around here, but can we at least have a civilized discussion about pros and cons of it, instead of posting frogs and green texting?

Isn't keto a type of CICO that apparently just makes you feel satiated for longer, compared to some other types? If so - keto wouldn't be a meme, but a pretty nice way of burning fat, if there's a lower risk of falling out of it due to hunger etc.

avoiding sugar.

youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

Attached: 1524929979684.jpg (800x583, 64K)

I eat keto and my 1rm on bench is 325 which is absolutely higher than yours.