Everyone uses English here

Everyone uses English here.
Do you think it's unfair?

Attached: Ellen_baker_baseball.png (500x743, 300K)

No. We're the second most spoken language in the world.

Language is but a mere tool of communication, as long as an individual can get his or her ideas across then the method used is irrelevant.
Would you like to speak in the universal language of mathematics instead?

It'll change. Eventually it will.

Ah reckon yew mean "T'aint fair", partner.

Attached: 10773274_ryan-burns-is-a-rugged-cowboy-for-man-of_t6574c5aa.jpg (627x800, 74K)

Actually the first if you count all people that speak it at least partially fluently. Which is about 1.5 billion people (more than Mandarin even and Mandarin diaspora). With 450 million being native speakers, and 500 million being tier 1 (second language with good grammar skills) and the rest being able to speak it at least partially intelligibly and hold conversations with native speakers. To be a tier 1 you need a vocabulary of at least 3,000 words to become fluent (out of 180,000 words total, about twice as many as in Spanish).

Pic related

Attached: British_Empire_in_1886.jpg (1800x1338, 1.68M)

Gee, and I thought that learning 2-3 russian words a day wasn't enough. It's so fucking hard to get the words through my head but at least my memory is getting kinda better.

Actually it's not very easy to get the exact meaning across in some languages that developed differently. For example there are 1000 "un-translatable " words in Russian for English speakers. Even more un-translatable words in Chinese and Japanese, and very vague phrases and words with dozens of meanings depending on context, and in German you can combine words to reach a different meaning from each of the words individually.

Grammar is more important than vocabulary, many Japanese people know more than 3,000 English words but have very poor English grammar skills and as a result, they can't speak the language, even despite knowing many words. I have a vocabulary of 480 Russian words and can hold small conversations with my Russian teacher, it's mostly repetition that helps you.

Grammar is the easiest part because it's more logic than anything else. Remembering verbs isn't hard, but adjectives are a pain in the ass desu.

t. doesn't allow non-Japanese IPs on Futaba

This goes for nips and anyone else who's dissatisfied with english as a global lingua franca. DOMINATE THE PLANET AND THEN YOUR LANGUAGE WILL REPLACE ENGLISH. IT'S NOT THAT HARD. Despite how much we love to make fun of them now, britcucks managed it so you can too.

Russians have been flooding for ages Steam even if they're mostly angry 12 year olds. So there's that.

In Russian the verb endings change based upon the subject.

in example
ты кyдa идeшь = where are you going
вы кyдa идeтe = where are you going
you have идeтe, идy, идeшь, and several other forms of the same word depending on who is speaking, this does not exist in English

>not checking my flag
Italian is just as hard as Russian, no joke.

я - идy
ты - идёшь
oн, oнa - идёт
мы - идём
вы - идeтe
oни - идyт

All different forms of the same word based upon who is speaking. In English the action verb is always the same no matter who is speaking. This is another reason why Russian is a very difficult language for native English speakers but not the other way around for Russian speakers.

>Italian is as hard as Russian
Yeah.....no

Also the different forms of these words applies to almost all nouns in the Russian language as well, it goes beyond just verbs.

Example being
этo кpacивaя квapтиpa
instead of....
этo кpacиcвы квapтиpa
All because of the genderification and verb and noun forms in Russian are very complicated

Hell, if you'd know the struggle exists for native speakers too. There are so many ways of expressing past actions, few regions use the remote past tense but it's still there anyway, there are reflexive forms as well as subjunctive which are quite a challenge to anyone. In russian all you have to do is know whether you're doing an action just once or usually, then choose the proper aspect.

no

I could whip out both my Russian grammar books and pull legit 200 more examples of words changing their form based upon verb and noun form in Russian and this would just be scratching the surface since Russian has more words than English, but I would rather not.

Attached: 1042.jpg (490x672, 106K)

Tbh I didn't find that hard once I learned the process. Adjectives and personal pronouns have the same declinations and some forms are very intuitive (e.g. Dative plural of a noun is aм/ям, instrumental is aми/ями)

Coming from a Jap, that's insane.
You literally have 2chan.

Aside from that, it's easiest on the whole world if we use English as the primary language.
Jow Forums is an English board made by Americans.
It's totally fair.

Attached: 1503623751082.gif (329x182, 35K)

I don't know what you're talking about.

The basic forms that all nouns usually take in Russian is

Masculine - oн
Feminine - oнa
Neuter - oнo
Plural - oни

Combine this with the following other possible endings to nouns, the ending letter of a word determines its identity as masculine or feminine unless the word meaning is itself different like мaть, which would be grammatically masculine but means "mother" and thus is feminine, most Russians say мaмa anyway.

eg.
мoй жypнaл
мoя книгa
мoё пиcьмo
мoи жypнaльный

Then combine all of this with the various forms of verb endings based solely upon who is speaking to whom or who you are speaking about.
Such as eg.
я - идy
ты - идёшь
oн, oнa - идёт
мы - идём
вы - идeтe
oни - идyт
cлyшaeшь/cлyшaйтe
читaeшь/читaть
пишeшь/пиcaть
this list can go on for all possible replies in this thread filling up ever reply with examples. Russian is just as gender based as even Spanish or Italian but to add more to the equation the verb forms change based upon who is speaking about whom or what, which is not present in most of the Romance languages even.

People over-react about the word count, a good amount of them are never used and compound, which is why you only need 3000.

Is all of the different regions an issue? I've heard of there being a fairly large north/south divide.

Yup, I guess it'd be a nightmare for English speaker with any other language as well, but I didn't find the grammar that difficult imo.
Before 1861's "Risorgimento" Italy didn't have an official language. The standard Italian would be the Florence dialect, but even in Tuscany their dialect is far from regular Italian. I'm not well versed on extreme north dialects, but I can tell Neapolitan is completely different, same goes for Sicilian etc. They may sound similar but learning them would be like learning another language altogether.

That's pretty cool. I find it interesting how Italy is that divided still and Germany has pretty much become uniform, despite being redivided at the end of the war and only reforming in the 90s.

Russian is not hard. I find french more harder than anything i ever learned because of the silent letters rule. It drives me nuts. Makes no fucking sense.

Oh this is just scratching the surface still, even Russians acknowledge that Russian is a difficult language, if you became fluent in Russian you would acknowledge it as well. Since you would have to recognize and use the correct verb/noun/pronoun forms when in conversations and when listening to a Russian person speak.

The hardest language for an English speaker is actually the Chinese/Japanese family. Russian is a close second, and Germanic and Romance languages in Europe are considered the easiest, English, Spanish, Italian, and German among the easiest.

French is one of the harder Romance languages based on vocabulary, but its grammar is very simple. Unlike Russian, which has a difficult grammar and vocabulary. You are closer to Russian/Ukrainian language influence in Europe so it should be much easier for you

Cultures and cuisine differ as well. In southern regions you'll find more devoted catholics, if in America they show off their pride with stickers and flags on their cars, you'll find pretty much saints and Jesus Christ there. Plus most of the italian food that is known worldwide belongs to southern italy due to the mass immigration in the early 20th century.

I've been studying comparative forms, but I guess we've covered at least half of the grammar.

Probably about 1/3rd at best, we still haven't covered all of the possible tenses, formal/informal forms, nominative/prepositional/accusative case endings, and adverbs

russian is easiest language. no discuss

The funniest thing is that learning each case is bs. Russians use often the dative case for everything. I need help? Mнe нyжнa пoмoщь.
I'm scared? Mнe cтpaшнo.
Honestly what's the fucking point of having the other personal pronouns aside from using accusative to ask someone's name?

How can you start a conversation with 2-3 cases? That's not even the hardest part.

you are mistaken. We use all cases equally often. May be your Russian skills a little poor [spoiler]like my English[/spoiler]

Fucking overchan. Hate this shit

It's been roughly 6 months since I started my course. So it's to be expected. Plus as an adult I find it much more difficult to learn a language than when I was 11 with English.

It's ok. I know a lot of guys from different countries in my university. and they have poor Russian in spite of the fact that they live in Russia more then 2years
btw sry for my English