Front Raise kills my shoulders

Whenever I do front raise it leaves my shoulders hurting a lot for nearly 48 hours. The worst part is that I am not even using too much weight, it's like 5kg/10lbs. Feels awful to bench 80lbs (I am a beginner btw) relatively easily and then get defeated by 10lbs on that exercise. Am I doing something wrong?

Attached: front raise.png (540x360, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/push-ups-face-pulls-and-shrugs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1. check your form
2. go lower weight and do higher reps, like 5x15

It's an accessory excercise, it will progress slowly. 80lbs bench is pretty low, 10lbs front raises is too heavy compared to that.
Take special care of your shoulders, they are the first thing you can fuck up for a long time.

>80lbs bench is pretty low
This actually worries me. I see everyone here talking about benching 180lbs. How long does it take to reach that? I've been lifting for 4 months and I'm at 80lbs, not sure if I'm being too slow or something. At first I could not even do 40lbs so there is progress.

Ditch this exercise completely imo

For anterior delt developement you can do overhead presses or dumbbel presses.

You've been doing too many pushing movements you need to drop them for a month and do loads of rear delt and pulling work
t. x clicking shoulder sufferer

Attached: 104746749-AP_17275498021240.720x405.jpg (720x405, 47K)

>Take special care of your shoulders, they are the first thing you can fuck up for a long time.
Wait, even more so than knees?

Try eating more?

there is no reason to do front raises, ever

turn the dumbell north/south (pinky facing ground) and go slow and squeeze and use like 10 lbs and do high reps. or, do the movement with resistance band standing on it

>How long does it take to reach that?

I hit 185lb bench in about 6 months. But stalled out pretty hard at 205 and it was a GRIND to get to 225.

Alright, I'll ask my gym guy to replace it. He assigned some very weird exercises. Another one is an upside down bench press. I literally do bench presses while upside down. The struggle for maintaning balance and not falling is immensely bigger than the struggle of the weight itself. I considered asking for a replacement but noticed that the benefits of having more body awareness while upside down are a great asset. Just weird stuff these gyms assign you man.

How often are you adding weight? Did you start off literally just benching thin air/less than an empty bar? 4 months is an absurdly long time considering beginners can usually add 5Ibs every week in their first 6-12 months lifting

Attached: 5trgfv.png (450x478, 300K)

>upside down bench press
y-you mean some kind of row?... or just a decline bench press

I mostly bench pressed at the machine or with barbells. Started with 40lbs on both, then added 5lbs every 2 weeks, thus I'm at 80lbs 4 months after (now). That was the "adaptation workout" that they gave me. I complained that it was too easy and this week they gave me one where I barely use machines anymore. One of them is a fucking upside down bench press. Maybe this time I am going to grow.

Decline bench press

Who's "they"? The gains goblin? Stop doing these meme routines that some pseudo fitness professional is assigning you lol did you even the read the sticky

Attached: 1517892213970.jpg (311x350, 11K)

I read it, and "they" are professionals with majors in physical education. Despite their meme exercises they also assigned me squats and deadlifts which are Jow Forums's glorified magic to a good body so I'll trust them.

>doing leg work

you fell for the leg meme

>Am I doing something wrong?

You're doing front raises when you bench 80 lbs and are admittedly a beginner.

Just bench press more, and drop the stupid meme isolation bullshit. Better yet, just do SS, or at least some other beginner LP without a lot of stupid bullshit in it.

just keep doing it. you'll get stronger.

>I mostly bench pressed with barbells

Attached: POahpp6.png (1192x743, 18K)

The stability and durability of a joint is usually inversely proportional to it's mobility. That why you don't usually hear about a lot of thoracic spine injuries, compared to how many neck and lumbar spine injuries you'll hear about.

Knees and hips are a LOT less mobile, and a LOT harder to injure, than shoulders. Shoulders will usually heal quicker, but they'll also re-injure easier, and it's considerably easier to cause some chronic, overuse type injury by moving them in funny ways near the limits of their range of motion.

>it is mobility

DERRRRRRP

Yes, and this trust has cost you: you have literally doubled the time frame typically needed to make the same negligible gains.

Attached: 1513722338708.jpg (413x395, 31K)

>squats and deadlifts which are Jow Forums's glorified magic to a good body
not true at all and anybody who says otherwise is trolling. These exercises will make you strong and are absolutely essential for functional strength, but they will not make you look better or really any appreciably different than you do now. (aside from maybe your ass.)

I don't know, my workout looks good. Here's what they gave me:
A
Squats 4x12, 10, 8, 6
Deadlift 4x10-12+"40
(useless leg shit I'll skip and probably replace with bench presses idk)
Abs

B
Bench Press 4x8-10
Declined Bench Press 4x8-10
Peck Deck 3x10
Front Raise 3x8-10 + DeadSet
Triceps Rope Extension 3x8-10 + DS +DS (I love these)
Abs

C
Front pulldown 3x8-10 (I HATE THESE THEY HURT)
Curved Row 4x8-10
Lateral Raise 3x8-10 + Deadset
Cable Rear 3x8-10
Biceps Cable: 3x8-10 + deadset + deadset

What can I remove and what should I add? Takes between 50 minutes and 1 hour for me to complete any given of these, save for A

Don’t listen to any of these faggots
This is all you need:

t-nation.com/training/push-ups-face-pulls-and-shrugs

Your welcome op

Attached: DEC68C9C-DCD5-47CB-BE2C-AC5921CEB63F.png (640x1136, 1.04M)

lol, Where has that gotten you? They just want you to keep stalling so you're their customer longer.

It's a PPL split, and it's not actually that bad. Are you doing these once a week or twice? Because this is way too low volume if you are only going 3 days a week.

The leg day looks good, but don't skip the 'useless leg shit' which is, I guess, leg extension on curls. The deadlift might be too much if you get higher on weights, but for now it's ok to practice form more.

On day B, replace front raises with normal overhead presses (with barbell or dumbbell). You can substitute decline bench with incline dumbbell presses, not sure what is the reason for decline bench for a beginner...

Day C looks good, ask for help with your front pulldown, because they should not hurt. Cable rears can be replaced with face pulls, they work better for me.

Overall, not a bad routine, BUT I'm pretty sure you are supposed to do these twice a week ABCABCX style, otherwise you will make half the progress.

I am doing it twice a week indeed. Thanks user, I will fully follow your advice and replace these exercises.