Crowded gym

I've gone 5 times and EVERY TIME I either
>get yelled at for taking someone's weights off the bar
>someone starts to take my weights off (and I'm not big enough to say anything yet)
>every single bar is in use when I get there, I end up doing situps in the corner
I'm going to the big ass metro-gym at 5PM on a weekday. That's likely why, everyone and their mother is there. Should I look into supporting local business? Are rates usually exorbitantly higher? Machines aren't an issue. I literally only need a bar.

My only regret is that I won't get to meet any QTs and the gym is the only place in the world I have the potential to be social. On the other hand I'm not there to meet girls, I'm there to get shit done.

Attached: 1525669015010.jpg (736x736, 167K)

With lifting you have to be pragmatic. Just do what you have to to reach your goals.

Pragmatic would be moving to a gym without people so there's nothing stopping me. I feel like a fag sitting there waiting, it's time to do something

Most business's these days have a graph on google showing when theya re most and least crowded throughout the day. Look at your current gym or others you may move to and check out when it;s going to be the most empty within your schedule. Go then. That's what I do.

>someone starts to take my weights off (and I'm not big enough to say anything yet)

what? why? just tell them that they're your weights and that you're not done, or that they can work in with you

K

Youre going at 5pm when every salaried fag gets off work amd go to the gym before going to their depressing home life. Go before 2pm of after 9pm. Betwee, 2 and 9 is just a crowded, nasty, thot-filled mess

>5PM on a weekday

There's your problem, most gyms are packed from round an hour before rush hour till an hour after.

I go to an anytime fitness, and basically from 4PM-7PM its impossible to get a machine, but if you go late (after 10PM) or early (before 10AM) its deserted.

8AM on a Sunday morning and I'm literally the only person there.

>I'm going to the big ass metro-gym at 5PM
There's your issue.

I work nights so I can comfortably go to my gym at lunchtime when everyone is at work. Go on off peak times

>not lifting at 4AM
The crowd situation has improved since I took this. There's now a qt cardiobunny who comes in at the same time I do so I'm not the only one there anymore. One day I might even pluck up the courage to speak to her.

Attached: muh gym.jpg (1476x829, 173K)

How do you lift at 4, work a 9-5, and still get to bed while having enough time for hobbies?

creepshot of the cardiobunny?

Anytime fitness is my favorite gym ever. Its small and there are tons of them. Theres usually like 4 other people in the gym when I go or any other odd time I go

>not big enough to say anything yet

Fuck are they gonna do, fight you right then and there? Stand up for yourself dude, you'll end up like a shy and timid giant if you keep this up

I live in a somewhat smaller city, but those graphs are inaccurate as fuck from my experience.

My commute is only 7 minutes. I spend my time between the gym and work by reading, enjoying coffee, doing chores around the house, and my 9-5 is more like an 8-4. Plenty of time after work to do things until I go to sleep at 8PM.

Maybe tomorrow, user.

Gyms like that get a lot of shit on Jow Forums, but as long as you don't go to a really tiny one they've got all the equipment you'll need.

Don't forget me, King.

Yeah see, in bed by 8. How do you do anything fun if you're in bed by 8?

What is there to do after 8PM on a weeknight? I tend to go out on weekends.

Do you superset like a jack off? Get on your station, stick there and get through your set with minimal rest breaks. I have the opposite problem: faggots at my gym abandon the rack or bench or whatever for more than five minutes, I start taking shit off, and then they come running back bitching about how they're still using it, 15 minute superset rotations. I almost got in a fight one time because I took some 45s that were still on the plate rack and some guy come over and started taking them off my bar while I was using it, saying I stole them from him. I was working at the bar with the gym manager at the time though so he had my back and told the guy to fuck off.

Fully half of gym goers are repugnant assholes there just to steal gainz by crowding equipment.

I go at 4-5 in the morning to avoid all the people and before that I'd lift around 10-11pm but that eventually started pushing back my sleep schedule in a negative way. Going to the gym +/- an hour of 5pm is the worst fucking thing in the world.

If you go to a casual gym (anytime fitness, snap, PF etc) then it's guaranteed to be busy at peak times.

If you can't move the time you lift you're gonna have to move the place you lift. Find a more exclusive gym (not part of a chain, geared towards serious lifters, will be more expensive for sure) where it's not packed at peak times solely because there's fewer members.

Otherwise just put on your big boy pants and deal with it.

Anytime is fine, leagues above planet fitness. They're smaller but they have tons of machines/fad equipment to keep normies busy and have enough racks for the few people who know what theyre doing to use without having to wait for someone to finish with it.

Agreed, nothing but great things to say about Anytime

Yeah I go to Anytime, at worst I'll have to wait for a bench and sometimes the leg curl/extension machines, but otherwise there's no waiting and they've usually got a decent range of equipment.

And here I thought I was the only one who did that.
btw 24/7 gym>all

This. What the fuck is this "im not big enough to do X" meme. You either have a pair or you don't.

I do trivia, that usually goes until 8, some start after 8. Weeknight dancing is also usually in the 7-9pm range.

>Weeknight dancing
Only if I'm in Las Vegas or something