You told me machines were memes Jow Forums

you told me machines were memes Jow Forums

i started doing these and have been absolutely destroying my chest, its even helped my bench go up. why did you lie to me?

Attached: machine-chest-press.png (1320x930, 480K)

You get better isolations on a smith machine though. And you can change grip to target more unique areas such as closer grip for tris or whatever. Just pump out 50 reps on the smith machine with 1 pl8 and a 25 and you'll get more than you would from any memechine.

And if I can only do 5 reps on the Smith machine with that weight?

Attached: 55181940.jpg (800x450, 34K)

what if I told you

everyone has different body mechanics and builds muscle differently. You just found a great way to hit your chest. Keep doing that.

this

Attached: American_bison_k5680-1.jpg (2700x1761, 1.32M)

>basing any opinion on a Jow Forums post

haha, next you're gonna tell me you drink a gallon milk everyday, or that cardio kills gains

No one on Jow Forums that knows what they're doing gives legitimate advice, they just shitpost. If someone on here actually tells you something that seems like advice you should regard it with the utmost suspicion and verify it independently.

Machines where you use plates are largely beneficial, but the equivalent of OP's machine with one where the weights are already set and you use a pin are mostly shit

You could have just done more bench volume instead of listening to these fuck boys circle jerk about machines.

I do 10 sets of bench twice a week and can bench 3plates.

WTF have you done lately?

Free weights for primary, machines for accessories

I advice OP to listen to this guy

I've learned that you need to switch things up. After every few months or so start doing different exercises

if you keep benching everytime you're gonna get bored anyway

switch it up

do cables for 3 months and then go back to benching

I loved using this machine but my right shoulder started to click after every rep and leave it sore for days. I cut it out and my shoulder pain went away.

Deload I suppose. I mean I started with a weak chest too. But within a few months I could rep out 1 pl8 x 50 reps. Do it with 35 lbs if you must or even lower just make sure you're dying around the 42nd rep and continue until you can not get it up. It should be light enough that every 10 reps you can quickly change grip without stopping. Hit upper/ regular / wide grip / close grip. Keep legs planted on the bench too rather than floor to keep core tight for the smith BTW.

Lmao nice bait

>there are different types of weight guys

Attached: 1522094775413.png (626x589, 74K)

Machines are for isolation and most people here are dyels who would do better with improving the compound lift first

What if your post is a shitpost too?

This is the redpill, unfortunately many people on Jow Forums never take it, because they just blindly listen to things such as "machines are memes", etc. I've been guilty of that myself until recently. Now I do all kinds of "meme" exercises, simply because they work best for me.

Then you have to make an informed decision on whether his advice is worth taking. It's up to you to filter out the bollocks

>right babe?

It was blaha and rippetoe.
I didnt want to lie to you. But the dogma!

Can i use this machine instead of benching if im a beginner? not to sound like a bitch but my bench is so weak its embarrassing and i dont have a partner to spot me

Perhaps your elbows are flaring out. If it has a grip where your hands are horizontal or if your hands are vertical or at an angle, your elbow pulls in more, this makes my shoulder more safe personally.

Mr Olympia unironically only uses hammer strength machines like the one in OP for chest, never benches, I'm sure it will be enough for your goals.

wait srs? If I could avoid benching id have so much more motivation to go to the gym, it really makes me dread it

Yes seriously, his reason is that these machines have less injury risk, and can solicit hypertrophy just as much if not more so than benching. You won't get that much better at benching doing them but you will grow your chest.

Phil Heath doesn't deadlift either, and I think he only does hacksquats not free weight. If your goals are purely aesthetics and hypertrophy then autistically believing you HAVE to do certain exercises is counter productive, see what exercises for each body part fit you the most then progressively overload said exercises.

Most bodybuilders don't flat barbell bench

This, either incline for angles or decline for more weight.

glad I came into this bread
good infos

How the fuck does it matter, brainlet?

I always do these after a compound. Once squats are done, do leg press. Once bench is done, hit the chest press. Etc.

Because newbies shouldn't do isolation.

>if you keep benching everytime you're gonna get bored anyway
this is why it's good for YOU to switch things up every few months. It's not the right thing to do for everyone because not everyone gets so bored of an exercise that they stop training and start screwing around after a few months. Stop giving bullshit advice.

putting on plates feels way more manly than setting the pin. and I can leave the plates on when I'm done instead of cleaning up to feel even more manly.

No one here lifts, machines are objectively proven to give you the most efficient workout