Why does Jow Forums think a routine without deadlifts is shit...

Why does Jow Forums think a routine without deadlifts is shit? If someone is looking for a good physique then deadlifts are the most counter productive exercise you could add in. 2-6 reps of deadlifts is going to build what exactly? A huge back? Maybe if you're on roids.

Stick to the bench press, rows, vertical pulls, overhead presses and isolations above 8 and under 15 reps for aesthetic looks and drop them deadlifts they're a strength exercise. Fucking deadlifts to gain size lmao biggest meme ever

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3nds_D9NPCs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The same is true for squat. Leg press is superior for quad development

Ego lifters will hold onto their delusion
>muh strength
Translates zero to real life. They don't even compete or gain any compensation whatever for fucking their spine up with deadmeme and squat, only ego strokes lol

>Leg press is superior for quad development
source

i used to just do legpress and calf raises, now i just do squats and calf raises, squats gave me stretch marks on my legs, legpress did not

Widespread posts like this are the reason Jow Forums is dead. If you don't want to get stronger, why bother lifting at all? "lol"

Deadlifts are for fucking idiots. Deadlifts are what people who are big tell smaller people to do because they're jealous that they'll get as big as they are so they give them bad advice "Do deadlifts to get big, bro" I've not done a deadlift for about 5 years.

Attached: FB_IMG_1526353821486.jpg (1440x1831, 138K)

Deadlift is the core of any lifting program. It is the quintessential lift.

Lifting to get stronger (strength training) and lifting for aesthetics are two totally different concepts and both legitimate. Why do a strength movement when your goal is to look good.

>6'3"
>ludicrously long femurs
>couldn't squat or deadlift without buttwink after 6 months of mobility training and stretches nearly everyday
I used to love deadlifts, but not worth it for me

Nah, it's just a meme.

The deadlift is a meme.

Health and aesthetics, but you can also be strong along with it

Lifting for strength for the purpose of strength alone is a joke that inflates your ego. You better be competing or making videos and getting money or something. I used to be a skelly ego lifter benching 275 at 5'9 150 lbs and looked like shit. Waste of time if you're not getting aesthetic

becasue you will never look naturally without a decent level of strength on compounds. it doesnt HAVE to be back squat, flat bench and conventional/sumo deadlift. but every single person with an impressive physique has decent strength on some big lifts. it's unavoidable.

Why are Jow Forumsizens so fucking autistic now?

You squat and deadlift because it taxes your central nervous system. The only easy way for the body to repair the central nervous system is to increase testosterone.

The increase in testosterone not only repairs the CNS but makes you leaner, fuller, stronger.

If you go to the gym as a hobby, you should stay on machines.

If you go to the gym to actually change your body and shape the genes that will be handed down to your kids, you better fucking hit all the goddamn compounds for volume day after day after day until you're JACKED, TAN, AND JUICY AS FUCK.

DEAD SQUAT BENCH ROW PRESS UNTIL YOU FUCKING CANT BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN GIVEN ONE BODY, ONE MIND, AND ALL THE INFORMATION TO GET EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED.

ARE YOU GONNA BITCH OUT? OR REACH OUT AND TAKE IT

Ur fuckin dumb kid

for fat powerlifting fags maybe

I've never seen so much wrong information in 14 posts before. Bravo Jow Forums.

>I've not done a deadlift for about 5 years.

Post full body including legs + timestamp
If you've been training for 5 years you should be huge

100% chance you won't

He's not dissing compounds bro. He literally said stick to the other compounds. He's dissing the deadlift. At least read the full thing you thick cunt.

A natural lifter WILL FUCKING GET STRONGER IN HIS PURSUIT OF AESTHETICS.

You will not get more aesthetic from doing a routine where 95% of the volume hits your thighs ass and front delts.

It's fucking retarded and everyone fucking KNOWS it's bullshit and marketing trash.

Mindsets like yours are why new lifters don't know the first goddamned thing about how their bodies work and end up dissillusioned, sick of fitness, and snapped up in ways that not even time and the best docs and PTs can fix.

Same I just sumo deadlift.

Squats are still hard but I'm retraining with wider stance, toes at 45degree and knees forward more.

I do deadlifts because I actually enjoy lifting and going to the gym to do a robotic isolation routine sounds fucking boring.

stepped the fuck out
do it pussy

There you go, homo.

Attached: 20180515_043152.png (1440x1097, 1M)

You're talking to people who legitimately want to know if Fight Club Brad Pitt body is achievable natty.

Going to the gym and doing what you want is boring...but going to the gym and doing the same 5 movements over and over again is not..

That's you on the left I'm sure lol

Reminder that deadlift/squat is normie reddddit tier now

Every DYEL has straps and belts now squatting their 2 plates at quarter RM like they shit while looking like trahs. lel

You better not be the bigger, boy

you'd make an excellent addition to my GF's stable

You wouldn't understand. Stick with your machines.

CNS fatigue is bullshit. Testosterone doesn't rebuild your nervous system. What the fuck are you talking about?

Deadlifts DO increase testosterone significantly but it has nothing to do with CNS fatigue bullshit and everything to do with just hitting a lot of muscle groups.

>aesthetics
>ego lifting
both vanity and pride is fucking disgusting. lift to become a better person as a whole; it shouldn't matter if you're becoming more beautiful or stronger, you should be struggling to reach your potential in all regards.

Attached: wk_5311_3463_large.jpg (736x949, 51K)

>vertical pulls
>deadlifts

It's been that way for the last few years now.
The constant obvious shilling and entirely see through LARPs online by TRUE STRONG LIFTERS who follow powerlifting nonsense and outright LIES has basically killed the 5x5 and powerlifting scene. In the minds of many, no one is doing that except complete fucking losers. Same thing for the "aestheic" bruhs who're for the most part being called fags and rentboys.
Not even going to go into how Youtube is engaging in cagey tactics to lie about views for their users and removing channels for no reason.

The trend is all fuck the gym and going full into "ghetto workouts" and basic activity.

The only one's still in the gym are the people going for something to do, whore and manwhores and the autistic losers who still do their SKWATZ AND OATZ!

>Lifting to get stronger (strength training) and lifting for aesthetics are two totally different concepts
that was the part of the post I was responding to, which is absolutely wrong, I wasn't answering as if he was OP. also, nothing I said disgrees with the statement that "you don't need deadlifts". I was merely remarking that a person with a decent physique almost certainly has a few compounds that they are at least proficient at. note that "compounds" does not automatically refer to barbell movements.
one of the primary things we know about hypertrophy is that gains in strength over time (given a static rep and set range) almost certainly correlate with muscle size i.e aesthetics.

whether your quad choice of movement is squats, leg press, bulgarisn split squats or fucking zerchers, you'll have to meaningfully improve performance on it over time (strength gains) in order to see results. making sure tyou get stronger on your program over time doesnt mean you have to do the big 3 or only care about 1RM.

The only good memelift is 3/4 range rack pulls with moderate weight for 15+ perfect reps

Twinks going to snap city on heavy max memelifts deserve to get hurt

You don't fucking define my potential you faggot.
And take your pedo boy fanagler from the most narcissitic egotistical society on earth and fucking shove it up that gaping maw you call an asshole.

Is that you? If so, training history? What routines have you done?

>one of the primary things we know about hypertrophy is that gains in strength over time (given a static rep and set range) almost certainly correlate with muscle size i.e aesthetics.
>whether your quad choice of movement is squats, leg press, bulgarisn split squats or fucking zerchers, you'll have to meaningfully improve performance on it over time (strength gains) in order to see results. making sure tyou get stronger on your program over time doesnt mean you have to do the big 3 or only care about 1RM.

user, VOLUME is king when it comes to building mass.
Telling a completely untrained noob to start with a fucking peaking program and using only a handful of fucking lifts TECHNICAL AND DANGEROUS LIFTS THAT CAN LEAD TO COMPLETE SNAPATUDE is fucking retarded.

It will never stop being fucking retarded.

Also, go light on the squats. I do 20 reps on squats. Research has shown that doing 10 reps and as high as 30-40 has the same effect on muscle gain.

This thread is fucked

lol

Yes, that's me.
I'm 32 years old and I started training at around 11 years old. I've never been into dead lifting because it's a fucking dumb movement that hits almost everything and fucks your routine up plus is really bad on the spine. It isn't optimal but you can do it if you care about strength so much... even though you'd gain strength without it...

youtube.com/watch?v=3nds_D9NPCs

I completely agree, you're projecting an argument onto me I haven't made

volume is also comprised of a number of training variables as well as objective volume. doing 5 sets of 100 squats with the 20kg bar give you 10,000kg of volume, doing 5 sets of ten with 150kg gives 7,500kg.

common sense dictates who has bigger quads and more gains in this situation" the guy who lifts actual weight. mechanical tension must increase over time or else your training 'volume' is not a useful metric

>shape the genes that will be handed down to your kids
Hello Lamarck, how are you still alive after all this time?

Same boat, Sumo and spread your legs really wide

o-okay retard

Looks like the Rippleboi Gang is coping hard right now

Attached: 1511302182958.jpg (480x418, 36K)

Who let the gorilla in with two humans? Those are dangerous.

>newfags not recognizing lotus

The BBC bull mogged those white beta soibois

I like deadlifts because, when I'm on form, they fucking feel good. They really tie in the posterior chain and leave me feeling truly upright in terms of posture and lower back health.
Do they contribute to significant muscle gain? Don't really know.

Squats, on the other hand, definitely contribute. I went a long time without doing anything resembling a squat and I made some decent gains. Then I started throwing in 8 rep sets of high bar squats and my gains exploded. Not just my ass and quads... My upper body started to develop better and my bench, weighted pull ups etc all increased significantly without any other stimulus.

Plus they feel fucking great. With enough flexibility you get a really good deep squat, everything fires off perfectly and afterwards you're left with a really good fatigue in the lower body.

I used to squat and deadlift heavy when I was younger. I'm 32 now and have a torn ACL (old football injury) so I don't fuck with that shit anymore. Funny enough, I'm more aesthetic now at 32 following a hypertrophy routine than I did at 21 following an autistic strength program, and that was with accessories added in. I do weighted back extension and high rep moderate weight good mornings for my posterior chain, and I get better gains that way.

6'4" ex lanklet reporting in. Did bodyweight and curlbro stuff straight ottermode. Only started getting a bigger overall frame because of deads and squats, went from 175 to 210 in two years of natty liftan

Same but I'm 6'5 and been doing mobility shit my entire life so not same