Tough Mudder Etc

Does anyone on Jow Forums take part in these assault course-style events?

It's my 4th year running one here. It's a great place to meet Jow Forums friends and girls.

Attached: 34590688273_4a33875b02_c.jpg (800x533, 216K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/05/tough-mudder-feces-in-mouth/361588/
toughmudder.com/mudder-nation/blog/5-myths-about-doing-tough-mudder
youtube.com/watch?v=Gs0gYU7uBcE
youtube.com/watch?v=3zQdjqC35o4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This year my gf is joining me for the first time.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 206K)

Well if people arent doing it I highly recommend it.

>Great for training to have something to prepare for
>A lot of fun on the day
>Girls constantly need help over larger obstacles. You'll get a handful of ass 100%

looks fun but im too autistic

Attached: 1508433969976.jpg (630x711, 60K)

I think it's worth giving it a try. The whole point of these things is getting through it together. People tend to work together and you can make some good friends.

I did it alone the first year, and was super awkward but 5 minutes in I had fallen in with a group of people and I'm still friends with them now.

This.
I have no friends. I don't want to be that 30yo guy who is standing alone.
To cope I tell myself it's stupid to pay to run through mud.

See my post here Honestly, as long as you're not actively being a dick to people you will make friends.

What happens after the course? Everyone just goes home while still wet and reeking of mud in their car or the train?

God it must suck being a girl

The events I've gone to usually have a big area for people to hang out in. When you cross theline you get your t-shirt/medal/whatever, and then usually a load of snacks from the sponsors. Protein shakes and such.

There's basic shower facilities so you can hose yourself down and put on some fresh clothes.

At the one I'm doing next month theres an afterparty in a nearby hotel.

Yeah if you're a loser who doesn't get invited to the group orgy after

Im not being funny, but they actually love it. Having a bunch of fit as fuck guys bustling to be the one who gets to lift them over a wall or whatever.

I read people have been getting sick from the fecal-infected mud on these courses

Those people don't look very fit. And I'm not risking an injury in such an uncontrolled environment.

Any sources on that?
I've done one 4 years in a row that shares grounds with a working farm and I've never been sick, nor have any of the people I've done it with.

You're warned before you begin not to wade into mud with any open wounds or such.

>I see that people who can complete the course arent in overly good physical condition
>I cant do it I dont want to hurt myself

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/05/tough-mudder-feces-in-mouth/361588/

Seems like it was just one race that produced several cases.

Yeah it's fucked up that you have to eat a gallon of the mud to successfully complete the course. It's too far, I think.

Yeah Tough Mudder is kind of like the Planet Fitness of these things. Not to discourage anyone who has done one. They tend to have the least effort put into health and safety.

There are plenty of alternatives that are usually a lot better.

Did it when I was 17 with my mum, it was great. Was PHUCKED by the end and couldn't get up the ramp thing, but one of the next obstacles was electrified wires hanging from a ceiling you had to run through, if it was before the ramp I reckon I'd have done it. Grils from schooled mired my pics. Would recommend

Anyone running this in June by any chance?

Attached: download.jpg (200x252, 13K)

Competing in one in September, actually really looking forward to it despite the "woo you go girl, have fun!" vibes I get. Followed Spartan on IG for a while but they only shared posts of fat women "competing" when I wanna see elite athletics dudes (nohomo) performing and smashing the events.
Anyways, I entered the competitive age group instead of the bullshit open. Didn't think my first race I should compete for the cash hah.

that's great bruh. did a fun activity with your mum, and that tough mudder phucked you.

>paying $100< to run a fucking obstacle course
Absolute state of crossfit cucks, keep your shit I'll use that money on something worthwhile.

Nice one. Best of luck!

Thanks very much, you stupid bitch!

Paying less than 100 dollars for a day-long social activity isn't actually bad unless you're a penniless autist.

I already pay for a gym membership, if I want to do more manual labor I'll get paid for pulling someone's weeds or some shit.

If you cant see the difference between taking part in a large scale social event which tests your physical prowess as well as gives you the chance to make friends with like minded people and pulling weeds then I pity you.

Wait wtf? I was thinking of going when it's like 20 euros but that much? Fuck no

Great place to meet friends, not so much for girls unless you want a casual fuck.

Does this guy actually look like he knows what he's talking about to you?

I pity you because I am straight up raping your wife at least once a week, and she doesn't feel brave enough to tell you because you're always out on your "excursions."

Looks fun. Gotta find things to do to stay up

Ok you made me laugh, we're friends again.

Friends.

None of my bros are close to fit enough for this and it would be pretty shit running solo.
I would like to try it

I was in the same position the first year.
I ran it, people saw what a great time I'd had and then they all signed up for it. I had a year to train them for it and now they run it with me annually.

You gotta make that first step man.

How much does it cost then on average?

I don't know faggot, a dollar?

500 quid ye nonce

Cost me 65 euro for mine this year. The price climbs closer to 80 the later you leave it to book.

The price includes your run, a shuttle bus to the event from a nearby train station, parking, the high quality jersey-style shirt you get for completing the course and, importantly, it actually includes Personal Accident Insurance so you're covered if you injure yourself on the course.

Going to a polish version of it in two weeks.

Anyone is going as well to the Survival Race in PoznaƄ?

I did tough mudder london west last saturday

was fun, though the water smelt like literal animal shite as we were on farm land

only real injury is some bruising; i hurt my knee a bit but that's already sorted itself out, and my hamstrings still feel super tight.

last obstacle was the human pyramid one up the sloope while you're all soaked in cold water; i was the base and all 6 of my team mates climbed up me and i was left at the fucking bottom; genuinely didn't think i'd make it because i fell once trying to get up and landed on my Coccyx (luckily just really bruised it), but my mates made a human chain and hauled me up

would be up for doing it again

this is like the only decent picture of myself i've been able to find post-event

Attached: me being a dyel.jpg (640x960, 183K)

about a buck

Why did you steal that mans turban?

about 20 pounds fiddy m8

I've done it the past few years when it comes by my area. Every year I get my balls and ass fondled by guys since they are just "helping" me lift myself over something thats only 2' tall. 10/10 would go again.

i attended a spartan event. the obstacle course itself was pretty fun, but the entire culture was gay as fuck. before the race started people were led in a chant where we were told to shout about hoe we are spartans and shit. all i saw were a bunch of privileged people who never had to survive in the wild as babies larping and appropriating a culture that would have nothing but contempt for them.

What do you do at the human pyramid part if you're running solo? Join in someone elses?

lol hahahahaha
based homo trickster

because i was a fairy about wearing my dirty shit stinking vest

Attached: oh no not mud.jpg (640x960, 57K)

I'm glad that you understand.

Yeah you'd have to join in with someone, people are super supportive there though and you'd have no problem getting help; we often stuck around a bit before/after the obstacle helping smaller teams. One of the obstacles was a 10/12 foot tall wall and it was shit trying to do that as a team of 2

its such a physical event and team based event, everyone's super nice about it

Interesting, cheers user think I'll give it a go, maybe work on cardio a touch first

>everyone was super nice

So it's almost entirely affluent white people?

>people who never had to survive in the wild as babies larping and appropriating a culture that would have nothing but contempt for them.

That's par for the course for white people.

Spartan is less crowded than Tough Mudder, less waiting in a line for the obstacles and more actual racing

the whole thing seems really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really gay.
you'll love it

I can't even say much to this because looking back on it the answer is yes

shitloads of company teams there too, like there was a deloitte team and a morgan stanley investment team

I did one once, it was super fun but also like $60.
They had a sign up tent for the next year's run where tickets were like $20-30 though so if you do it on the reg I guess that isn't too bad.
It was pretty fun, but all the obstacles were easy except the warped wall at the end.
The one I was at didn't really have much upper body check stuff.

Overall 8/10 day, the weather was nice, they gave us beer at the end of the course, and I made good time without training at all beforehand (lel running kills gains) but I didn't feel bad about walking much of it since it was 2-4 inches of mud over uneven terrain most of the way.
Would recommend but pretty much only every now and then for the experience, or more often if you have friends that like this sort of thing.

> millennial type of event where everybody gets a medal

no thanks, I actually compete in something

My company does one annually. I'd join them but theres this one fat bitch who does it every year and she is an absolute anchor to them every year. She basically has them all hoist her over obstacles, not helping at all. She will not run, so they all end up having to walk, taking all the excitement out of the entire course. She also cries and has "I cant do this" moments like she's on fucking The Biggest Loser.

I've been told some stories about her all right...

Hey. Dick. We're trying to have some fun. 'Kay?

>participation medal

Attached: 1285_665083176852420_2064436157_n_grande.jpg (516x384, 30K)

fucking hell

one of my team mates was an overweight guy but he did his best to jog with us and told us to go ahead and not wait for him, he did 90% of the obstacles but not the 12 foot wall and a couple of swimming ones (he can't swim), and he still completed the full 10 mile course with us

was super helpful with launching us over shit as well

you get a headband, an event shirt and a free drink

you fucking fairy

Fair play to him.

It's not a race, it's an endurance challenge. You dont complete it, you dont get the shirt or whatever.

They're business ventures first and foremost, so they need to attract crowds to make a profit.
The one I was at you could pay a bit extra for a timing chip you turned in at the end and then you could get your official time on the leaderboard.
Top man and woman times got special medals.

don't pretend like these things aren't made to be easily completed. If most women can do it, really anyone can.

Even on their site it sounds like it is the planet fitness tier of sporting events
toughmudder.com/mudder-nation/blog/5-myths-about-doing-tough-mudder

>shirt or whatever.
>t-shirt/medal/whatever

"or whatever"
i'm starting to think people get raped at these things.

I wish

Attached: limmy1.jpg (1320x880, 84K)

Enjoy your legionaires

Here's the deal with these:

If you are not the first group of people to go, the course gets worse and worse as hundreds of people trample down grass into mud, turn mud into slop and soak every obstacle in a combination of mud and water. Combine that with lines of people at the obstacles and forget about time.

I ran one with gf. I worked hard and trained for it. The gf did nothing, nothing and nothing to prepare. You can imagine how that turned out (she walked the course).

Kek

>Enjoy being eaten by a shark

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 9K)

Do it every year. So much fun, would do it once a week if I could

youtube.com/watch?v=Gs0gYU7uBcE

Oh great, thanks faggot. I was trying to imagine and then you gave it away.

>The gf did nothing, nothing and nothing to prepare.
LOL sounds like you exasperatedly berate your gf and she just takes it and uses her wiles to manipulate you in other ways.

Poor gf gets passive-aggressively berated by her uptight boyfriend.

Like I said in a previous post, Tough Mudder is the shittest, most thrown together of these things.

If you're going to do a course, do your research.

This is the course I ran last year, just to give people an idea what to expect with these things.

youtube.com/watch?v=3zQdjqC35o4

Jesus Christ, why did it take so long for a steward to get the fuck in there and pull him out?
Why the fuck were they just letting people jump in without confirming they were clear to go?

Fuckin' Tough Mudder man...

Attached: tough-mudder-feces.jpg (670x440, 53K)

a cunt jumped right on top of him. surprise surprise. just do whatever you want, don't look before you leap. if you get in trouble, a man will bail you out.

I wonder if she got her shirt after.
I wonder if it said "I survived Tough Mudder"

Larping as white knights. You guys must be as bored as the BBC guy.

Leave Paxman out of this

Attached: PAY-PROD-Jeremy-Paxman.jpg (1200x630, 42K)

no, i think it's funny. man the other guy was right, you are uptight.

holy shit

Attached: death waiver.jpg (720x540, 130K)

I'm doing the bonefrog on Saturday and I'm prepared for my life to end

I dont want to sound like an asshole but a course that can be finished by a woman isnt tough.

>tough mudder
>fit as fuck guys

you mean "fit" by normie standards ? any skinnyfat fag can complete these races without much trouble. source I have a few skinnyfat friends who did them and always brag about it. it is just a fucking joke, if you want a touch "course" try to join the seals or something. this is childs play.

>you fucking fairy

Of all the things on this earth that you could be passionate about, why the fuck would it something like Tough Mudder. Christ, do something worthwhile like an Ironman or something.

Attached: 31421321453114.jpg (952x581, 48K)

ofc it is planet fitness tier, if it was actually hard to complete do you really think that the average untrained normie could do it ? or a female ? it's just about having fun it is no challenge.

why do people on Jow Forums always use "white people" as a synonym for "westerners" ? it's not like blacks here are any tougher or whatever and I would know because I am black.

I'm doing a Spartan race this June, signed up just because it looks like a fun normie thing to do. Although it has forced me to work on my grip strength and pulling strength, so I guess a good thing has come out of it.