Stop doing deadlifts and squats

>stop doing deadlifts and squats
>sharp lower back pain goes away

Attached: 2BF92E48-1F05-49E1-A289-5907794505F8.gif (288x204, 1.62M)

congrats on finding out you had terrible form

>maintain neutral spine (yes, I do have a friend spotting me)
>make sure to tighten my core
>maintain a good stance throughout the lift
When will the ”u hurt because le shit form* meme die? Just fucking admit that these lifts aren’t for everyone. Stop being overzealous and accept that there is no be-all and end-all lift.

Post form or your horrendously deformed body that can't sustain a load

your mum sustained my load all over her face last night m8

spoken like a true cuck

>your mom jokes
Good one

It was pretty good

this

>When will the ”u hurt because le shit form* meme die?
When noob lifters snap their shit up finally and shills stop getting paid.

These

Thine

Heh

hohoho

Same here brother
I still deadlift but squats are not worth it
Perfect form or not

>stop doing deadlifts and squats with too much weight
>deload a bit
>learn proper form, stance and balance
>slowly load the weights back up
>excellent back condition with proper form and respectable weights
That's all it takes

>"LMAO STACY THAT TALL SKINNY GUY AT THE GYM STOPPED DOING HIS HEAVY COMPOUNDS"

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

>2018
>doing meme lifts

Attached: 1515733947026.gif (225x169, 1.95M)

Hear me out dude,
IF YOU ARE NOT OF EASTERN EUROPEAN DESCENT
on most cases chances are your femur doesn’t the range of motion to perform these lifts while under load.
Try doing summo dead’s and summo squats.
It’s the only way your spine will remain neutral
Now go fuck yourself

That's how I fixed my deadlift. Now my deadlift is pretty relative to my squat instead of just being 20lbs more.

GOT EM

Attached: 1523214968560s.jpg (124x114, 3K)

>tfw knee pain that won't go away

Attached: 1497556079113.png (645x1247, 259K)

>When will the ”u hurt because le shit form* meme die?
When you stop getting hurt because of your shit form.

I fucked my lower back doing rack pulls, I fixed it by temporarily lowering the weight and improving form.
Why don't you try that?

Not only that but poor lower back muscles as well. Still it's easier to blame something else

Then he should just drop the exercises altogether.
Why continue to do something that he not only can't do but will inevitably lead to life long debilitating injuries.

>inevitably
Fix your fucking form and stop lifting too heavy.

>Tfw painless knee pops anytime I lock it

"i'm doing the exercises right, that's why they hurt so much"

>tfw get back pain from dls
>think about this for a sec: when are you ever going to lift something heavy with your feet shoulder width apart and straight, putting a massive load on your lower back?

That is literally how everyone lifting heavy shit in day to day real life tells you NOT to lift

You know what you are doing by training deadlifts? Training deadlifts.
It’s not functional or beneficial in everyday life at all. It’s actually quite the opposite.
If you’re a powerlifter and care about competing, ok.
If you’re not, find a better substitute that has an impact on your actual life. Lifting heavy shit is important in everyday life and you should habe some form of lift in your routine, but lifting wrong and putting the load on your lower back is a recipe for disaster. You’re never going to do that in real life, so why train it?

lol dyel kys

Not him but I didnt get this post and im half polish genetically. What did you try to say?

Unless you want to powerlift or some shit competitively then there is no need to do either those lifts. Regular bench has plenty of alternatives as well that serve the purpose of hypertrophy with less risk of injury. People who defend the big 3 religiously are usually fat dudes that base their self worth on how much weight they can move in these lifts with horrible form and shit ROM.

Listen here you worthless bloatmax piece of shit.
I don’t give a quarter fuck about your insecurities and that daddy never saw you as a real man. If you want to do lifts that have no use whatsoever to cover yourself in the illusion that you’re strong because you’re better at a useless lift than the guys you try to impress at your local gym so you get that feeling of superiority and validation you’ve never gotten in your sad pathetic shitlord life, then by all means, do it.
Snap your shit up, do whatever the fuck you like.
But the reality is: you’re not stronger than others by performing a lift that has you standing in the shittiest possible position to exert force or power.
You’re maybe better at that specific lift, but you don’t do it to compete in said lift anyway. You’re just doing it because you’ve been told so by mongrels who know jack shit, just like you are.
Suck a chode, fagboy

This, besides for aesthetics DL and squat are counterproductive, big glutes and quads are female chars.

t. Can't even fill out a pair of skinny jeans

Why are people who don't squat and deadlift so insecure? Is it because they're pussies?

Attached: 1522874408087.jpg (600x480, 108K)

T. rex

You must have shit form twink

Well I am a dyel beginner and I'm inclined to believe this user. I do not have the balance or muscles yet to do squats and deadlifts with proper form and the latter feel horribly unnatural. I have yet to see a solid argument defending it or explaining what it's good for other than hitting a lot of muscles....

P.S.: Like I said, dls are pretty shit
But that doesn’t change the fact that the squat is probably the best compound there is.
Squat>meme shit and machine exercises and dls

Name one semi serious lifter who who doesn' have injuries from squatting and deadlifts.
I'll wait.

Squats are good famalam, I wouldn’t stop doing those in any variation you want unless you have a disability or experience pain.
Squats have you standing in a toes-outward-position with you pushing up.
By doing squats you train the ability to exert force from your legs by pushing them „through“ the ground. That’s useful.
By doing dls you just put a shitton of unnecessary force on a relatively fragile body part prone to injury, your lower back. And all that while standing in the most retarded position possible.

>stop doing curls
>sharp elbow pain goes away
And yet no one would tell your dumbass to permanently stop doing curls. It hurts because you are doing the exercises wrong retard. A fact you could correct if you (1) watched form videos on YouTube or (2) interacted with people at your gym who would give you a form check.
>if you are bracing and squeezing your lats and your lower back still has sharp pain, it's because your back isn't flat. Instead of hinging at the hip when you lift, all the weight is on the subtle curve in your back. You need to squeeze your chest up hard(er).

This is super important. Personally I like deads but I'll admit they're controversial, but squats are 100% the best thing you can do.

If you can't do squats with the bar yet then just do them bodyweight.

>serious lifter
Jow Forums is a bunch of autists chasing twink-mode (abs and aesthetics) so why are you trying to compare injuries against a group (strong men) who actually lift?
If you want to be a twink, squatting 255 and DLing 400 is the opposite of your goals. So in reality your chances of getting injured performing these vital exercises is low.

I switched from a combo of front sqaut and sumo deadlift.I feel tbe front all in quads and sumo in my glutes and hams no back pain

i do one legged romanian dls and leg press fuck the cuck 3 squat dl and bp are awful exercises

>And yet no one would tell your dumbass to permanently stop doing curls
Who the hell gets elbow pain from curls? But yeah, if curls hurt you, THEN DON'T DO THEM.

Fucking retarded Americans on here.

That does not come close to answering my question.

Name ONE fucking semi serious lifter, just anyone, who is 100% injury free.
Just one.
I'll fucking wait.

A DL is picking shit off the ground without pulling with your back.. it's One of the most primitive excercise there is. If were going by this logic then no exercise is fuctional or benifical to everyday life.

Spotted the dyel

Every big squatter and deadlifter has knee and/or back pain. If you don't, it simply means you're still so weak that it doesn't matter.

Oy...is this real?
Are you really this stupid?
You are telling me that if your bro said that they were having excruciating elbow pain while curling you would just say, "Yeah, drop that gay shit. Never curl ever again." Rather than asking the faggot to show you what he is doing wrong?
Do you apply this to other aspects of your life too? Is that why you are weak and on Jow Forums advocating even more weakness?
>if bait you got my worm and you can suck on it

Its because there deadlifting past 400 pounds and have shitty upperback strength because chest and shoulders are there favorite muscle groups to work on Thats why

Dl are great for beginners but after a certain point there not that benificial.

Americans can't squat because they're dorks who feel like strangers in their own bodies. They think this is normal, thus they consider squatting like gopniks do some Slav genetic trait.

I want to ask you to define "semi-serious lifter" but desu you should just shut your dumbass up.
You lift to break down muscle fiber in the first place. Shall we spiral down the rabbit hole of what you consider injury as well?
What if I told you that, statistically the person you are seeking exists? Would that information make you go out and lift like a man? No. So why should I bother finding you concrete evidence? In your yellow heart you've already made the determination to be weak.

fpbp

sageing this thread

Deadlift is the most functional exercise there is you fucking retard

>spotted the dyel

Projecting much? Come back when you can deadlift more than two plates without your back fucking up and squat properly so your knees aren't in the shitter.

>No answer found.

I hope you realize you aren't actually supposed to lift with your back, you fucking tard.

>painful ass elbow pops whenever I move my elbow

Attached: IMG_4783.jpg (800x600, 78K)

wait nigger you actually pull with your back during deads?

Attached: rrxx.jpg (698x658, 136K)

>A DL is picking shit off the ground without pulling with your back
What? That’s exactly what it isn’t.
Take jeffersons for example: almost no engagement of lower back, athletic (and real life) stance, trains legs more efficiently and with more leg motion
Dl: shitton of lower back engagement, basically it’s a lower back exercise, has you standing in a retarded way with absolutely minimal leg range and less leg engagement.
Squat: some lower back engagement but only for stabilizing, has you standing in a real-life way you’d actually use to pick shit up and like the jefferson, targets primarily your legs and the develops strength to push your legs against the ground, which is how you lift shit without injury.

You’d never use your lower back to „lock out“ the heavy things you lift in real life. You’d just lift them with your legs in a stance that has you producing the most force from your legs. Then you use your upper body and arms to hold that weight in a sort of bent-over position and carry it where you want it. If you „lock“ with your lower back (a part that is prone to injury and functions as stabilizer), you’ll fuck your shit up lifting stuff in real life.

Lmfao care to elaborate why?
Because I already told you why it isn’t.

I swear, egotistical dyel twinks doling out shit advice, Jow Forumstards, and autists who sperg at being called an autist are at an all time high nowadays

Attached: 1515761700807.png (795x603, 175K)

If you come at me like „haha ur supposed to PUSH“ then you’re retarded.
If you PUSH your hips forward, you actively lift the weight further up with your lower back, which basically IS pulling.

dyel?

Idk if this is what he meant but,
>Slavs have very shallow hip sockets, which allow us to squat very well (also causes us to suffer from super high rate of hip bone popping out)
>Anglos, on other hand, have very deep hip sockets and can't squat/move their femurs as well

>complains about deadlifts causing back pain
>lifts with back

Attached: 1526052086113.png (442x305, 178K)

The deadlift does more then INDIRECTLY hit your back user.
It takes a load off of the back, but it's called a back movement for a reason.

Brainlet?

you forgot to answer my question

Hey nigger you're doing it wrong. A hyperextended back is almost just as bad as rounding.

Attached: 1513722706242.png (811x511, 168K)

Idk, I've heard about more injuries from squats than deadlifts

So the back is totally not being hit by that movement.
Bending over does not directly target the lower back?
Is that what you're saying?

Then why is it touted as the best lower back strengthening movement ever?

You see the person on the right in pic related? That's you.

Attached: 1507855034776.png (803x514, 159K)

You're supposed to push with your legs not hips

Attached: 1524322299720.jpg (370x371, 54K)

yeah i think im going to give up on these lifts. im sure some people in here had a personal trainer or someone experienced teach them proper form but i dont have that, i only have youtube videos and no matter what i always end up hurting myself. had to take a week off of the gym. fuck it. im lifting for aesthetics anyway, not to be some ebin powerlifter.

Read Starting Strength for the biomechanics of lifting you ambitionless peasant

>lifting progressively heavy weights for no intended goal

You just found something to fill time in your life that you would have otherwise spent loathing yourself. No better than watching television or reading. It's not ambition.

>thinking that becoming a more aesthetic and stronger person is no better than watching television

Why are you even here?

he just said his goal was aesthetics. He doesn't need deadlifts to become aesthetic. So, no he doesn't need to read Starting Strength. There's plenty of safer shit he could do.

You're a fucking idiot if you lambast compound lifts for anyone under the age of 40.

Squats are for manlets with short lower bodies. They're also for athletes on the juice.

You're a fucking idiot if you live by deadlifting. There's alternatives, sorry.

>hey you know this exercise done correctly, being one of the big 3(or 4) is the most efficient exertion of your muscles
>don't do that. you could hurt yourself. stay small

I'm 6'4 so I don't squat. It's just not within my risk/reward ratio and the time of doing it correctly, finding a way to record myself at a public gym to check form etc just isn't worth it. I had a freakishly big ass for a male before I even trained . I deadlift and leg press though.

> finding a way to record myself at a public gym to check form

>place phone on ground while leaning on a plate/bottle of water/machine/etc
>point selfie camera towards power rack
>press capture

u retarded or st dude?

You just claim it's an unnatural movement, which it isn't, if your form is correct. When you lift heavy stuff in everyday life you should do it just like your deadlift, with your back straight.
Also the exercise hits more than just your lower back. You train your legs and entire core. There's just no exercise that helps you as much as deadlift in your everyday life. Not even squats, which are obviously great, too

>there are people who unironically don't do squats
Seriously, forget the deadlift argument for a second. Go squat.

it hurts my neck.

>well dont put it on your neck retard
>im not i put it on my traps
>your traps arent big enough put your hands closer together to give a cushion
>hands and arms feel like they fell asleep after the lift

fuck my goddamn shit body

You're looking forward the whole time, right?

sometimes i look down for a moment when im standing or to the sides when im reracking the bar. but whenever i do the lift im looking straight ahead

this is what i assumed he meant. stuart mcgill also says this and he actually knows shit, especially if it pertains to spine health

Then I guess do more neck stretches.

stop looking up at yourself in the mirror while you're in the hole

You are wrong. I work in construction, you are supposed to lift everything like you are doing a deadlift or squat.

>deload
>learn how to brace core
>stop arching back and have good posture
>clench buttcheeks together
>push with legs

This is how I fixed my dl and pretty much squat and now I never have low back pain.