Crossfit

Why does fit hate crossfit so much?
Joined a gym and we never do the stupid things i see you guys meme about all the time.
there's no sledge hammers or those weird pull ups that you only go half way on.
We basically just do the big lifts and accessories, and it's cheap as fuck too, only 60 dollars a month.
Everyone whos been going there for a while is ripped out of their minds, and they have 2 people walking around checking form the whole class.
have any of you guys ever actually done it, or is it just the memes you see that make you hate it?

Attached: 1520996861422.jpg (1080x1080, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_g4b2uEjcdE
youtu.be/viQnHOXyqEg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I mostly hate the people who it attracts

In the 4 years that I've been on Jow Forums, I've seen this exact same thread almost daily.
The simplest answer is that fit can't afford CrossFit. Or that fit doesn't like cardio, or is just a general "everything sucks LMAO". Keep doing your thing, OP

Now that i think about it, you're right, it's probably just a "everything sucks" kind of thing.

Attached: Screenshot_5.png (423x600, 558K)

>60 dollars a month
>cheap

Jow Forums has a hate boner for a bunch of stuff, here's a few reasons why I personally distrust Crossfit:

>workout culture that overemphasizes working to failure, and maximum number of reps in the shortest amount of time
>inattention to proper form and rest periods, despite Oly lifts and explosive movements being favored (see: Snap City)
>minimum certification time to become a Crossfit coach: 2 days.
>minimum education level to become a Crossfit coach: high school

Your particular Crossfit gym might be cool, but that's not representative of the general brand anymore. It's too diluted with broscience tier '''coaches''' who got all their training from a weekend seminar and make jokes about the rhabdomyolysis they're causing.

Attached: 1525845651598.jpg (500x860, 146K)

You get shitloads of group classes/activities etc with that it’s not just to use the equipment like in a regular gym. I don’t do CrossFit I work out alone but if you’re into that shit (ie you’re a woman) it’s probably not a bad deal.

>paying triple to do the same things you can do at a normal gym

Jow Forums will rationalize its hate of CrossFit all day but the real reasons are
> it’s a social activity
> there’s girls
> to be contrarian/not like anything popular

the only other gym with barbells around here is like 140 a month, and you dont get instructors
I can see how the lack of training might be a problem, one of the guys there has a teaching degree
not where i live

>paying $60 a month to workout

Why would you do this?

Dude $60 a month is a bad deal. Mine was $50/month for 2 people with free drop in daycare and tons of classes.

Because Jow Forums is filled with asocial loners that are too awkward for a social activity like crossfit. Same reason most people on this board don’t play any sort of traditional team sport.

This. I don't know if any of these complaints are still valid, though, these were all serious problems like three years ago. Perhaps it's still an issue.

>it’s a social activity

Could’ve stopped posting there and you’d already be 100% right.

Pretty much sums it up. If you think the Crossfit games champ is the fittest person on earth then i hate you

You sound like you have a great crossfit gym, but a lot of them are not like that. My main issue is the lack of experience needed to be a coach, and the use of Oly lifts as conditioning. I really admire crossfit for the focus on sucking it the fuck up when it comes to your boo boo. I also appreciate not being attached to any one thing, and using a variety of methods to become strong, lean, and move well.

>only 60 dollars a month
good goy

I already am social at work and at muay thai. Why would I want to socialize while lifting weights?

it makes no sense for bodybuilding/strength training which this board is all about

>muay thai

Why can’t you nerds just throw a fucking ball

Jow Forums has never been solely a forum for lifting. Go back to the misc.

I do. But throwing a ball isn't violent enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=_g4b2uEjcdE

I've been going to a crossfit gym for about three months, what I like:
Proper warm up
dynamic stretches
static stretches
posture gains
social gains
great endurance gains after the first month

What I don't like:
Not enough barbell workouts
200 crunches sets (wtf)
assisted dips
lots of soccer moms
definetly i'm not "gonna to make it"

because it doesn't get you particularly big or strong nor does it significantly improve your cardio. you would be far better off doing a little research and running established programs for your specific fitness goals, but as usual normies are retarded sheep who blow loads of cash at the newest fad bullshit they can get their dirty mitts on

I think it's more the people that it attracts. It's the same with some sports. It's not often the sport, workout, hobby but the personalities that gravitate towards them.

>not like anything popular
>fastest growing "sport" in the world
Pick one

its always normie dudes who think theyre strong because they do 10 lightweight catches and have sports clips haircuts and “Im no fun at parties” basic bitch phrenology faces. Dudes who wear souvenir tshirts to work out in and you know will only dedicate about 8 months of working out.

It attracts massively histrionic bitches who, because they can catch 40lbs expect you to finger them with both hands, and post two social media posts and 4 story posts per [incredibly boring and unimpressive] workout and have a running history of their laughable “progress.” It’s women who know they are already mildly attractive and think crossfit is going to make them sexy and exciting, then their inflated ego turns them into “I will laugh at every guy except Chad and the inevitable 6/10 doormat who I will date who asks me for a date.” Then they’ll start recommending their favorite pesto recipies as if anyone gives a fuck

Attached: 9ECCDFA4-7BEB-4D36-9EDC-B9F2A0DC5A87.jpg (800x727, 100K)

anyway, that being said OP, it sounds like you found one of the decent crossfit gyms, and I acknowledge that several of them do exist. I go to 24hr fitness and Im thinking about shopping around for a crossfit gym membership at a location that sounds like yours so I can find people who actually take lifting seriously, Im tired of being surrounded by weaklets day in and day out, I havent had a workout partner in two years and its killing me

Attached: A10A9553-F810-4AED-AFFB-B4B25C0ED330.jpg (1024x633, 44K)

youtu.be/viQnHOXyqEg

perfect and classic example of what I mean by the crossfitter dude “look” they wear clothes like this have this kind of face and have this undeserved attitude. My radar always goes off when I see one and im usually right

Reading your 2 posts i know exactly why you haven't had a workout partner in 2 years

>only 60 dollars a month.

damn every cross fit in NYC area seems to be $200+

>crossfit gym membership at a location that sounds like yours so I can find people who actually take lifting seriously, Im tired of being surrounded by weaklets day in and day out

powerlifting gym will have that. 99% of people in mine are competing in meets so they are very serious

because there is no one worth asking at my current gym or outside of that. You sound like such a snarky bitch

From what I’ve seen powerlifting gyms only exist as part of established crossfit gyms? I still need to do more research.

One of us definitely sounds like a bitch, the other has workout partners.

imagine being this mad about 2 posts on an anime board

Nothing wrong with crossfit for as long it is circuit training with good form and a good trainer. A good start if you have no idea what to do in a gym, but don't expect big gains.

For one I despise cults and crossfit is one. Second, the fuck is a class? How old are you? You need someone to tell you how to do a glorified hiit? Third, the culture. Mediocre people thinking that if they do a glorified hiit method they are athletes. Fourth, jacks of trades, masters of none. You suck at oly, gymnastics and endurance training because you are doing them all at retard levels. So yeah, fuck back to your ‘box’ and continue with your meme WODs.

>Do everything i do or you're a child, mediocre, and suck
A reasonable stance.

Kek, this. Also, what's the problem with not specializing and just being OK at generally everything? I'd argue it's much better, because it makes you well-rounded. But I have no issue with specialization per se, just saying that there's no problem with just being mediocre in a LOT of fields (meaning you could beat 90-95% of people in all of those fields).

There’s a reason real athletes focus on a narrow discipline. You can’t be good at everything. Also endurance for the sake of endurance is just idiotic since nobody outside crossfit gives a shit. Compare a strongman world record with a crossfit one and see which gets more attention even though crossfit is arguably more popular now.

>real athletes
Yeah well obviously, if you want to compete in the olympics, you don't sign up for literally every sport ever.

But you're not competing for the olympics. You're just a regular joe who wants to do something with his freetime, look good, be healthy, and do his workout for this reason. So you might as well try to get better at a variety of fields, just to keep things interesting.

Attached: cutting.webm (636x382, 1.9M)

fit hates it when people have a good time.

Crossfit and fit are two sides of a medal. To belong to a group of crossfitters you have to look like you enjoy what you are doing. It is important to be in a good mood to impress your fellow ‚box“

To belong on fit you have to be negative and you Impress your peers if you are against whats popular.

Crossfitters are colossal faggots under imense peer pressure and the price make it look like a scam. It won‘t protect your virginity like starting strength does

My gf joined a local variant of crossfit type gym. They do laughably meme shit, but she likes it, she has lost a few excess pounds and her core is tightening up. I'm not complaining.

Kipping pull-ups and using bumper plates to pretend to be strong.

>roids

Just lift weights fag

>Muay Thai.
Pussy studying a pussy "martial art"
Why are you all retards?

Lol. Loser detected

So Punchable,

You are going to jail incel.

Yes you are very punchable.

>muay Thai is for pussies
>hitting a tire with a hammer is for strong tough guys grrr >:(

She is fineee

“Only” 60$. 720 for an annual gym membership, university gym is 300$ annually and has better equipment

i understand that the people you see in youtube videos doing those weird kip pullups to godsmack are probably just the biggest retards who participate in the hobby. however, you don't need a trainer, you don't need to pay more than $25-30 bucks a month to use decent equipment and you'll probably hit your goals faster with a vanilla strength program. crossfit has the 'planet fitness' stigma because it's mostly geared towards people who want to feel like they're getting tougher and stronger without actually just being honest and putting in the work. they want a trainer to tell them how hard they're kicking ass tossing around a 30lb medicine ball and doing push ups.

I have nothing against crossfit but Christ alive are the people who do it cancerous

My gym is affiliated with and adjoins with a crossfit box so you get lots of crossfitters wandering into the free weights after their classes and doing heinous meme shit

> kipping pullups
> circuits with 5-6 different pieces of equipment
> quarter squats

And they're all weirdly culty with each other

no problem at all, but don't brag about being the "fittest on earth". we all know this bs.
I mean, I don't believe any reasonable person who does CrossFit for more than an year and have trained with people from different disciplines actually believe that.
but then again, "reasonable person" does not seem the kind of people CrossFit draws.

Wrong

> lol what's is the problem in mediocrity fellas
> never improve, amirite?

>only 60 dollars a month
topkek i pay 20€ a month and have free drinks 24/7 high quality gym with everything I need

>comparing a school funded gym to a private gym

for one, I think that your experience isn't the norm. usually, crossfit gyms are full of people doing exercises with bad form. apart from that, there's a couple of things that I don't like about crossfit
>cult mentality --> people only believe what perpetuates their group think
>wrong form
>people only train for aesthetics, hence the surge of roids in the crossfit community (especially women)
>expensive as FUCK (as your example indicates)
>always rely on working out with others, never properly learn to work out alone
the concept of crossfit itself is decent but everything about the execution is awful. it's a really bland and exploitative money making scheme which people just refuse to see

How is muay that a pussy martial art?

Jow Forums isn't one person

I had more fun working out at a crossfit gym than any other gym. It's important to note that most of their workouts are garbage but the environment is awesome

Because that's for faggots.