Running

>go on daily night time run for at least 15 minutes, usually get over two miles in
>read article after article, post after post, shitting on running
I don’t give a fuck. It makes me sweaty, exhausted, and hot. It must be doing something good for me.

Attached: DFAEB60B-4E9C-4669-96C4-E2F88F1510B2.jpg (480x480, 34K)

>inb4 “you only burn a couple hundred calories”
That’s a lot, plus I’m not trying to lose a lot of weight. They tell this to fatties who think jogging once in a while will excuse the shitty food they eat.

Excessive long distance running will kill gains but its gonna take a while. Most people here are just too lazy so they shit on it. I just do sprints and run at 80% for shorter lengths of time to have some form of cardio. Ive noticed that cardio definitely has a carryover in my workouts.

Attached: 6cc4a7b.jpg (539x574, 44K)

Night running is elder god tier. Nothing makes me feel better about myself. Don’t listen to these gymcels that only use treadmills.

what are you running from?

Cardio is great for quality of life if running doesnt hurt you

I was trying to figure out how many calories I was burning on a 4 mile run and it came out to something around 150 more than when I walk the same distance. That seems absolutely ridiculous given the difference in effort. Is there anything to this?

You burn the same amount either by walking or running

The calories lost is insignificant to the general boost to cardiovascular strength.

Feels amazing to walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded for the first time.

Running is great. Lots of people just hate doing it so they shit on it. If you're trying to get xbox hueg then it's bad I guess but if you're trying to be an actual healthy person it's amazing for your body and mind.

Just eat more if you're worried about losing gains.

I was an avid cyclist until I made the effort to get into running. Cycling is for over 50's, people with fucked up knees, commuters and people who can't run, to be honest. I can burn 400 calories in half an hour when running, whereas on a bike that would take me at least two hours. Hell I can barely get up a decent sweat on a bike without standing up to pedal and hurting my legs.

The main barrier to running is that it makes you feel like shit for the first few weeks or months, but after that it almost has a meditative quality to it.

run for 20 minutes, it gives you runners high.

running is what makes humans better than any other animal, we have top endurance and we sweat out other animals

running is better than any drugs, theres so many benefits

I only shit on people recommending running to fats because they will have joint problems, I won't stop that. We are not made to run on concrete so runners and not overdoing it which at 15min definitely not unless you're injured.

The people shiting on exercise are try to create arguments, discourage discourse, create division and some are just trying to make themselves feel better because its all they have. There was a thread weeks (months?) ago where alot of people admitted to being fat fucks just shitposting and never trying or planing to try. Even if the specific people in that thread were lying, look at the catalog, its true.

diabeetus, heart disease, laziness.

I'm trying to run but i have short achilles and it hurts every time i run

Cardiovascular health is arguably more important than lifting weights.

It's almost as if we evolved to run long distances on very little energy.

100 kcal per 1 mile is the average. It depends on how fast your heart is beating.

Most of those are posted in context of a landwhale trying to lose weight

If you miraculously had the stamina to go 2 miles in 15 minutes as a 300lbs+ landmark you'd fuck up your leg joints

I started doing that too but cant run more than a couple hundred meters before i have to switch to alternating between running and walking. Im not even fat :^(

Run slower, like around 7 min/km slow.

>You burn the same amount either by walking or running

Attached: areyoutheburger.png (190x201, 27K)

I've started running in the last few weeks.

I already walk a lot and I don't need to lose weight, I'm doing it because I want to be more athletic. I want to reliably have the ability to cover some ground in a reasonable time.

>It's not the time vs effort that burns calories, but our evolutionary past
we've got a fucking genius over here, guys

running is good shit unless you want to be breathless all the time.

just dont overexaggerate the calories burned and youre on the way to making it

Gee I guess one of them saves you like a a fucking hour and a half? Do you really think it's reasonable to go on a 2hr walk after work, because you're so fucking lazy that you don't want to sweat?

He isn't comparing running for an hour to walking for an hour. For equal distance, yes, running is incredibly efficient, although not quite as efficient. Would it blow your mind if I said something like biking 5 miles is more efficient and burns less calories than running for 2 miles?

You have the comprehension of a rock.

You've to be retarded or troll.

What time do you find best 2?

I started running like a week ago, I lost ~20kg in the past 4 months but im still kinda fat. I run 3 times a week and in 20 minutes i manage to cover ~3.5km. Do you guys think i should try to improve my speed, or should I run longer distances? I'm running to lose weight, but most importantly to improve my endurance, because i lose my breath easily

Niggers

True, wrt distance. But running is much more time efficient.

father time

>7min/km
That's a walk. Not even a very fast one.

That's a run, a slow and easy run.