QTDDTOT

>questions that dont deserve their own thread
>aka "I'm retarded, help me"
Can I switch squats for leg press and just do some extra core excercises? My squat form is shit and I keep getting inflamations in the hip
Was thinking if I did legpress + abs & lower back meme excercises instead?

Attached: 1524814376321.jpg (720x720, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671
tdeecalculator.net/
startingstrengthmirror.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program#How_do_I_warm_up_properly_for_my_training_sessions.3F
youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hi, i weigh 70kg, how much protein (gram) should i consume for muscle growth? some sites said 1g per bodyweight kg, some said 2g per bwkg..

If you have inflammation in the hip, you're likely standing too wide. Happened to me too.

Take some time, and learn the lift. Faggot.

Gotta take ibuprofen tomorrow to prep for an upcoming surgery. Can I still work out after I take it?

When would be the best time to take an electrolyte supplement? A little before a workout? During? After?

How bad is bread? Is there any nutritional benefit to bread besides providing carbs? And are healthy fats good for cardiovascular health?

Attached: 1524421006537.jpg (641x530, 25K)

my guess would be after. you lose electrolytes when u sweat.

lower back will be hit by deadlifts well enough. you should be doing abs anyway. leg press is superior to squats for muscle growth anyway

just eat 100-150g of protein. don't sweat it too much

is a "daily recommended diet" seriously 2000 calories? 14,000 a week?

i've been counting mine for the first time and i barely get up to 1400 aday, and i'm skinnyfat. does cutting mean 1000 a day for me then?

seems like any less than that and i may as well fast

I usually wake up dehydrated so I need to have a few hundred ml of water in the morning. I want to start running early in the morning instead of at night but if I run with ANYTHING in my stomach (food, water, energy gel etc.) I get the shits or at least awful stitches and cramps. Should I just try to train my stomach to run when it's full of water or is there a better way to still run in the morning without dehydration?

Uh, do you do anything all day? 2000 is the adult average but it can vary wildly based on your body composition and activity. What's your height/weight?

Yes.

I'm a runner but I want to do some lifting so that my upper body isn't totally neglected. Thinking about buying a set of adjustable dumbbells and doing the Fierce 5 dumbbell program. I'm 5'10, M, 27, 156 lbs (prolly mostly skinny fat though my legs aren't dogshit from running). Good plan?
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671

I'm only doing compounds, what ab accessories should I do?

i've been working out 6/7 times a week for the past month now doing a mixture of kettlebell and cardio routines. i'm 5"8' and 185lbs

Can I count beer/alcohol towards my calorie goals if I'm bulking?

tdeecalculator.net/

I did SS starting at 18 and got to my all-time-high PR's within about half a year. Since then though (I'm 24 now) I've only been lifting semi-seriously, more or less for maintenance and general fitness.

What should I do now? I want to get back into the swing of things seriously, but not dedicating all my time to the gym. I'd prefer to do a split consisting of a couple key exercises a day, for most days of the week; rather than say a 3-day split with high volume killing myself each day.

Rough outline of current lifting #'s (all 3x5, in lbs):
Squat 245
Deadlift 285
Bench 155
OHP 115

Attached: ass.jpg (600x600, 29K)

How do I deal with painfully tight hip abductors during squats ? I'm only doing 65lb baby squats at 6' 1'' right now but I could go heavier if these weren't so strained during.

Attached: groin-area-muscles.jpg (400x410, 74K)

Hell no.

Can't you just wait 20 minutes until the water is setlled or something? Then have a go at it.

See 2000kcal is almost definitely not enough if you work out with any consistency and are over 5 feet. However 185 and 5'8" seems a tad heavy, but if you're really just skinnyfat, you don't need to cut.
HOWEVER you mention fasting; that might not be a bad idea. Read Eat, Stop, Eat and the Leangains blog and get on a fasting schedule (2x 24h a week, or regularly doing IF)

>cue bread thread
IMO it aint that bad, but I wouldn't make it a major source of my calories. Eat a few pieces a day in a sandwich or toast or some shit if you want, but get most of your carb calories from cleaner sources (rice, potatoes, beans etc)

Now someone help me

Longer warmup

I started lifting a few months ago and have noticed I pop random boners all the time now, like I'm going through puberty again (even though I never had this problem when I was actually going through puberty)

Normal?

I have only been working out for a couple months, but this time around I am trying to take things seriously. Quit drinking/smoking since I used to do that shit way too much. On all my lifts I have been able to lift five pounds more than the one before, and I am happy with this progress, lifting more than I ever have before while also having a good time with how a weight I had a tough time doing the week before becomes easier.

My question is, provided I keep eating right, how long will I be able to progress like this for?

I was told warmups were a meme though and you should just warm up via the empty bar

You should probably have a narrower stance if you're having groin pain.

Empty bar squats are the warm up. Do a couple of sets.

You basal metabolic rate is probably between 1800 and 2000 calories. I don't know how intense your cardio is but it should at at least 100 calories to that. I am by no means an expert but 1400 per day is probably ideal. Is the problem that you find you're not losing weight at all or what?

>wait 20 minutes
I'll give it a go. Still gotta work on the whole getting up early with more than 5 hour's sleep thing.

The usual recommendation is to do a set with the empty bar, then work your way up to your target weight.
startingstrengthmirror.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program#How_do_I_warm_up_properly_for_my_training_sessions.3F

i'll check those out, thanks

i should do more intense cardio but lately going harder tenses my neck muscles in such a way where i end up with a headache. been seeing a chiropractor and doing stretches for it between days. i've lost about 10lbs since getting back into things, but it seems like i could be making better progress

Are you actually trying to lose weight? If so remember that walking is actually a really good calorie burner if you have the time.

yea overall, would like to be tighter rather than flabby

Thank you friends . Is there any specific stretch though to target the abductors beforehand tho ?

Is this a god supplement stack? Assume that I dont take anything at all, and I get a lot of sunlight.

See next pic also:

Attached: Stack..jpg (542x896, 68K)

Attached: 1526406910371.png (1876x796, 240K)

The motion for the squat should be the same regardless of the weight, the muscles used are the same.
Try narrowing your stance. I had groin pain when I squatted too wide.

Are crunches and push ups worth it? How many do I need to do daily to feel a difference?

Attached: 1525873684324.jpg (672x1187, 536K)

i saw this pic too and bought iodine. i didn't get the selenium supplement but I eat enough for the most part (canned sardines). I also take ZMA for the crazy dreams.
I'll be honest I didn't notice a difference taking Iodine. no harm in trying I guess. Some peopel say it works wonders

pushups are worth it. a lot. try 100 in 10 minutes. you can try different variations to make them harder

I'm a couch potato that hasn't been moving at all for the past 12 years. 183cm, 68kg, 30 years.
I wanna get big and this is very important to me. I've read the sticky but should I really just go with SS or Greyskull right away? I can't even do 10 squats without weight without almost fainting. Should I do machines for like 1-2 months?
Should I eat just whatever I want with my current weight until I'm at ~80kg?

Attached: Style-in-film-Michelle-Pfeiffer-in-Scarface.png (800x451, 468K)

You need fishoil for joint health and baby aspirin for daily dose (you can buy those anywhere tho). I like kirkland brand fishoil myself but you do your research. Also the zinc and magnesium have been really good for recovery for me so def get that. I like the Magnesium Citrate brand from NOW foods. Just don't take all three at once or you might get toilet issues and/or sleepy. At night two + 25mg zinc is great for me. Be warned tho get used to zince cause it can be a bit rough on your stomach if empty.

Got invited to a party, what do people do at them? I'm going to get drunk as fuck to be able to socialize, but anything else I should do? Idunno how to dress.

The main point is to get to know more people or impress the ones you take to the party about your huge social circle. Nothing else. You do the former several times to be able to do the later. It also trains social skills.

Wow sounds kinda lame. I'm just tryna have a good time

Were you thinking you are going on a trip to Mars at that party while fighting greys on your way up there?

Thanks. Appreciate the advice. It was literally like $7 so if it doesn't work then I can just throw it in my prepping bag for water purification purposes.

But how should I take these? All at the same time in the morning? How much iodine do I want per day? It's 2%. Is 1 drop in a glass of water a good use? Or 2-3 drops? What's typical? What did you do?

Attached: IMG_5321.jpg (959x771, 213K)

Wear nice stuff that you have (shirt/pants rather than tshirt/jeans for example). Make sure it's clean and ironed. Don't wear loose, baggy shit not only is that not in at all, but also if you have enough gains from working out, those will look that much better in something slim fit.

Otherwise just relax and have a good time. You won't probably get along with absolutely everyone, and that's okay. Have a drink in your hand, introduce yourself, the questions asked from there's enough to start conversations. Move around to another group of people if not interested or you if wanna talk to others, you'll maybe talk again with the previous group another time. Grab some numbers offa people you think are cool; you don't keep in touch with every person you get fucked up with at a party, but there are some that you may stay in touch with.

If they got something set-up that you're comfortable with like beer pong, board games, vidya, etc. feel free to play that shit my dude.

Does benadryl, nyquil, dayquil, and/or zzzquil have significant cars in large doses? I'm on keto trying to stop being a fat fuck and due to not drinking I need something to make me feel less. Not an alcoholic, just had some shitty things happen recently and breaking keto only keeps me from making it.

Frat party? Dinner party? Art chick party? House party? High school party? Birthday party at a bar? What kind of party? What age of people? Where is it? How do you know the host?

Former friendless autist who somehow got a bid to a top tier frat and am now a frat lord partyboy so I can offer real advice

Attached: IMG_5273.jpg (1080x1165, 170K)

allin the morning is fine. 1 drop of 2% is 2.5mg. The guy shilling this said 12.5mg was good. So start at 2 drops and work up to 4-5 over the next few days and see how you feel. i personally went up to 4.

I'm a novice, i've been doing starting strength for about 3 weeks now. I started from the bar for everything and i've been doing 5/10 lbs increments.
I feel the strain during workouts, but I don't feel a pump at all. I also feel like I can do a lot more in each session, (i'm just doing 3x5 for the 3 movements and getting out of there).
Should I add anything to the program? Can I do auxillary lifts? Or does that fuck with things.

Someone pls help

>3 weeks
Just keep going. It will get tougher and you will get tired.
The best advice I can give you is to focus on form and eat more protein.

If I'm not showing signs of low testosterone, should I even worry about it?

Look up Alan Thrall and Rippletoe like you already are plus consider compound ab work like plank to get your bracing in good shape for dead and squat where you'll really need them. Also If you're like me then look into back extension reps and some dumbell bench row to help build up your posture.

hi Jow Forums, need advice on this
>kicked from the house
>am 5'7"
>never had a scale, I am at hostel now, but I am guessing am 67 kg
>calisthenics only every other day
>routine: convict conditioning, but 4 sets 8 reps each exercise (4 sets 4 reps pullup) and bridge removed
is my diet enough for muscle growth?
>3 chicken breast, 2 cups of rice, some vegetables for fiber, per day
>all for 3 usd
>allowances: 25 usd weekly = 3.57 usd daily

Attached: IMG_20180516_123239_073.jpg (836x1280, 142K)

probably an increidubly autistic question

is there a way to force scarification? i.e. l got an injury and want it to leave a scar, not heal completely. just because it kinda looks good.

my advice? get a job

I don't even want to know how such low quality meat tastes.

Generally speaking, when should I begin taking whey/supplements? Been two weeks since I started lifting an already starting to see some gains

$3 a day isn't enough to live on, even with uber cheap food bought in bulk. You need to be making at the very minimum 30-40 bucks a day. Get a real job.

Whey is just protein. Why does no one understand that? Take it if you need extra protein, leave it be if you don't. Or take it because you like it. I don't know, jfc.

IT'S JUST PROTEIN FOR FUCKS SAKE

I mean it's unethical giving you this advice but just keep picking at the wound. I wouldn't want an intentional scar since you never know when you may get a real one.

If you're not showing signs of low-t, why are you asking?

Lads, what does it look like to punch like a girl? I'm hitting my makeshift heavy bag at night and this stoner girl comes to smoke out on her porch and she can see me... My paranoia really gets to me and I don't like feeling like people are judging me.

I can't find any references online because everything has become feminist bullshit, "PUNCH LIKE A GIRL!" with some kind of feisty woman on it. Ok whatever, I just don't wanna look like a pussy when I'm getting my autistic rage out.

bread isnt so bad, you get fiber, some proteins, and easy carbs

How can i get a MILF gf?

Where would i go on finding one, and are mature women even interested in a 22 year old?
Sucks that i wont know if theyre single.

Attached: 1516399318231.jpg (632x960, 65K)

It's by lbm not bw. Why the fuck would you eat protein for fat stores?

Are there any recommended callorie tracker/diet trackers and workout helper/bodyweight apps for android?
Im new to all this and i get overwhelmed with all the information.

Replying because of patrician image choice: start on machines. When I get into weightlifting at 17 or 18 I was 50kg 183cm and I couldn't even bench the bar. I started on machines until I was strong enough to handle free weights without necking myself.

>I can't even do 10 squats without weight without almost fainting
That doesn't sound right. Go get yourself checked out before starting to exercise.

>Should I eat just whatever I want with my current weight until I'm at ~80kg?
No. Just eat a caloric surplus of 500 cal/day after you've been cleared by your doctor because it sounds like you might have a medical condition. You'll make nice gainz

Legs -> Squat
Chest -> Bench
Shoulders -> OHP
Back -> ?

chin ups, bent over rows, deadlifts

>started doing deadlift a few months ago
>can only dl 1pl8 with good form, 1.5pl8 I can move but my lower back starts hurting like fuck

what do?
also should i feel deadlifts in my back or legs?
also pls post the most autistically specific DL form instructions/video you can

4x8-12 rep range, how much rest between sets for hypertrophy? classic 60-90s or more in the range of 2min?

How important is tracking your rest time between sets?
I'm doing 3x6 each set a higher weight, and I wait for around 30 seconds to a minute and a half between each set (guessing because I never time it), does it matter?
What's the benefits of shorter/longer rests?

Depends on your program. Most don't really require that (although you don't want to be ridiculous about it), some use changing rest periods as a form of progression and in those cases you want to keep an eye on things.

Can someone redpill me on citrulline malate and taurine, money is not an issue here.

Attached: 1522596434432.jpg (700x272, 49K)

I don't know where to put the bar on my back when squatting, is it supposed to be painful? Please help.

Attached: porg life.jpg (812x852, 134K)

rest it on your traps bro i won't hurt once you get used to it

Is it muscle pain or joint pain? Are you going straight from 1 plate to 1.5? If so then you really should be trying for smaller progression. Deadlift should be felt in both back and legs, and how much you feel it will probably depend on your strength of each.
Meme all you want about rippletits, but his instructional videos are pretty good and easy to understand
youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE

Starting stronglifts.
Is 3 times a week really enough?
Also my gym isn't 24 hours, is it ok to almost consistently have 2 days of rests between workouts? Will it affect my gains?

on your traps, pull shoulder blades together so you have a muscly platform to rest the bar on, if you have no traps then just do your best and make sure you have some kind of trap building exercise in your routine
if you're doing low bar then try resting the bar on your throat

Fix your posture (pelvic tilt). Work on glute strength and you'll experience less discomfort in the hips. Maybe.

Trying to fix my sleep schedule, anyone got any tips for how to stay awake and not feeling like shit and just wanting to go to bed? Been up for about 20 hours now and have around 8 more hours to go.

Load up on them before, have then during and replenish your stores after the fact. Some thing with carbs.

Anyone know a good online macro calculator?

Yes, or then you'll end up a higher body fat percentage that necessary and have a harder time cutting

anyone use heel inserts instead of weightlifting shoes? can get them for about 1/5 the price of the shoes.

I've been using plates under my heels for front squats but as the weights getting heavier i don't want something i might trip over

You can get a cheap pair of shoes for like $100, I've had mine for almost 5 years, and I've only needed to glue the rubber back onto one of the heels (because I used to drive while wearing them) and replace the laces

Just look up proper punching form and do that. Or even better, get a boxing coach and do a session or two.

what kind of vegetables have decent amount of proteins? im not vegan, i just dont like meat all that much
(no, i dont like S O Y either)

>is 3 times a week really enough?

Yes, as long as you keep adding 5-10 lbs per workout consistently.

Awesome.
Thanks

Just eat eggs and dairy products. Whey, especially.

already doing those, but i feel the lack of vegetables and am not a very big eater, so eating everything is not something i would like

Eat beans. Black beans have 9 grams of protein per serving. Navy beans are softer and have 8 grams of protein per serving.

thanks! will try to google some recipe of those

Increased test, good thing.

my upper back hurts since saturday when i'm sitting for too long, should i go see a doctor?

too short of a time to be saying anything
possibly related to lifting? or bad posture? anyway doc will most likely prescribe rest, but i dont know how they work in murica

I did SS for some months now and made some decent gains, not I am closing in to the end phase.

My goal after this is mainly aesthetic and hypertrophy and I need to cut as well. What would be a good program to hop on after this?

Done for the summer, I've been lifting for 2 months doing SS because that's what the sticky said

My goal isn't to become a powerlifter, I just want to look good. Started from skinny fat, current lifts are

Bench - 30kg + bar
Deadlift - 70kg + bar
Squat - 50kg + bar
OHP - 7.5kg + bar

I want to start hitting the gym every day, my current workout plan is

A
BP - 5x5
Incline DB BP - 3x12
Seated chest flys - 3x12
Dips - 3xFailure
Single arm DB preacher curls - 3x12

B
Squats - 5x5
DL - 1x3
Barbell rows - 3x15
Seated back flys - 3x12
Cable Rows - 3x12
Pullups - 3xfailure
Shrugs - 3x20

How can I change my pattern so that I can start hitting the gym every day? Currently do AxBxAxx BxAxBxx

I just want to look good, otter/athletic mode

Done with education for the summer*

I should have just said this for a TL;DR, if I didnt know better I would have thought you're me

Why would you want to go daily? The point is you're letting your CNS recover. If you want to work out on off-days go for a run.