Jow Forums when did you realize that Dumbbell Bench is superior to Barbell Bench in every way?

Jow Forums when did you realize that Dumbbell Bench is superior to Barbell Bench in every way?
>inb4 "MUH EGOO LIFFTTTING 3PL8"

Attached: DB.jpg (415x238, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v8y8dQZMJXw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When I wasn't strangling myself after trying max out with no spotter

Why? I switched from barbell to dumbbells for curls a while ago and it's definitely better, but why is it better for the bench?

Smith machine bench is the best. Fight me faggots

You have to use more stabalizer muscles and it targets the main muscles more effectively.

>stabalizer muscles
Super sick meme man.
Post scientific and aesthetic proof that "muh stabalizers" are useful

For the same reason your dumbbell curls are better than barbell, because it just is.

fuckn retard dyel

>asking for proof and scientific backup when the only thing you did to discredit the orginal claim was call it a meme
Nice non sekwitter faggott

Just about two months ago, holy fuck it changed my life this is awesome I'm finally building pecs

>Still doesn't post evidence
Wicked comeback, sport.

Attached: 1523146051496.png (282x179, 4K)

Same here user, I always lifted heavy yet my chest was shit. Till another user told me to switch to dumbbells and I actually did it. Never looked back.

you fell for that bait pretty gud there buddy

i do like db bench a lot more, but i have a hard time getting the weights up. repping 80lbs db is fine, but getting it up the first time is where i struggle.
i still do barbell because i like to go a bit heavier, but once im able to properly get it up i'll probably stick to db

Attached: 1501182730153.jpg (311x607, 56K)

>he doesn't do both
not gonna make it

Attached: fededrfgrfd.png (348x293, 112K)

Post BB bench max OP. Also doing both master race.

Right after I ripped the shit out of my pec on barbell :]

About the time I realised I was a homosexual.

220 for reps dont know 1rm

I prefer DB because I like loudly dropping the weights on the floor after a set.

ask for a spotter bro

something satisfying about slamming those weights

after i switched my incline to my first chest exercise and did it with dumbells my bench press went up so much, i was staled at 205 on bench and started with 80lbs dumbells, now i'm at 110lbs dumbells after two months and my bench finally got to 225lbs for two, three reps on my best day

BarbellS is still better because the range of motion doesn't change when you add more weight.

Dumbbells on the other hand reduced the range of motion as the weight increases.

Maybe because you don't know how to bench properly you mongoloid

About 1.5 years into lifting when I wasn’t getting the results I wanted so I started experimenting.

You realize that the proper bar path when benching isnt a perfectly vertical line?

i hate getting them into position, so never

i find dumbbells are better for incline and decline benching but bar is best for flat

I developed an uneven chest and back from dragonboat paddling so DB bench and DB rows were a godsend to help me get that shit evened out.

Dumbells do allow for more horizontal adduction of the arms (chief action of pectorals) so that's def a benefit. They are annoying to set up and always get tangled in my earbuds if I'm not careful.
Not a bad substitute for bench, I wouldn't do them only forever though

The setup is hard but if done correctly with a spotter there should be no problem. AthleanX has a good video how to properly setup with heavy weights on DB Bench.

youtube.com/watch?v=v8y8dQZMJXw

A B D U C T I O N

>220
So you rep out 220lbs dumbbells?
That's amazing.

about 2 years ago when i realized that my spotters reliability was dodgy at best. Plus it allows you to work both sides correctly if one side is weaker.

No, my DB Bench is lower atm. I do 88s for reps.

A spotters accident on barbell can cost you a life.
Got the bar dropped on my neck once by a fucking retard who didn't realize I wasn't ready. Thankfully I caught it with enough force to stop it from hitting my neck fatally.

Can’t get heavy dumbells into position safely m8
I’m trying to build strength without bashin my teeth in swinging a 120lb dumbell around

>Isn't a perfectly vertical line
Neither is your sexuality lol noob

Attached: IMG_1537.jpg (250x248, 12K)

Hey mate, check out the video I linked above. Hopefully it helps. :D

No he has a shitty 10 minute video on it because l have literally never seen anyone roll back with both at the same time even when l was a babby newfag lifter l kicked them back one at a time

Jeff pls go and stay go

This meme again lol

Nothing and I repeat nothing beats a barbell Bench other than weighted dips.

Bench in a power rack you literal weakling DYELs.

Dips hurt my sternum and shoulders

Powerlifting faggot + obvious neverlifter shilling a shitty meme lift that not even bodybuilders or strong men with PERFECT genetics to accomplish it without injury do ever.

I roll back with both at the same time and have never had a problem.

obvious powerlifting fag is obvious

I have god awful genetics
>Manlet
>Wide hips
>Receeding hairline

My chest is my best body part, purely made from Barbell Bench and Weighted Dips. I stopped doing DB bench press when I reached 50kg+ dumbbells, getting heavy dumbbells into position becomes a game of Russian roulette once you get heavy enough. Hell I don’t even do chest flys of any kind either, weighted dips allow a huge stretch, far greater range of motion than dumbbells, far greater stretch than dumbbells. That is why it works best with in combination with barbell bench, barbell bench acts as the maximal overloading exercise, dips act as the maximal stretch and rom overload. Neither of the lifts suffer from the problems DB benching does. Also, the barbell is a free weight movement, it still trains all the stability muscles, it’s not a fucking machine press.

Is there a way to dumbbell bench from home? Can I just sit in a chair?

Get a bench

db bench i feel puts more focus on the pecs, but its harder to progress on strength; so better to do both instead of just one, 5 reps bb bench one day and 8-10 reps db bench another and focus on perfect form and concentrated movement

Buy Pewdiepies chair.

I feel it more when I do barbel

Why not both
Barbell for power, dumbbell for balance

Who's job is it to realize that you aren't ready?

>not doing both
dyel retards

Is this bait or are you dumb?

How much you weigh? I guess that isn't too bad. I still stand by BB being better for strength, but doing both BB and DB is best overall. Sooner or later, you are going to hit a wall with DBs where, as others have mentioned, it will be a struggle to get up. The highest I've done is 130's on incline and I got them up, but it was hard. It's been over a year and my BB bench has gone up so I should hopefully get them up easier now. BB starts already up top and you can progress slower, instead of the 5 pound increments most DBs go up at. Also due to the stabilization required for DBs, that can hold you back some at those higher weights. Like I say, do both. I have a day where I do BB bench and DB shoulder press, and then about 4 days later, I do OHP and DB bench and it's been fine.

>is on the internet
>can't look this shit up

For me, it's the opposite.

Once i got to about 30kg on each dumbbell, it is not practical to lift them anymore, they're too heavy to set up and not smash on the ground.

You need to switch to a barbell for higher levels, and do accessory exercises to keep up the stabilisers.

I have a 5cm difference in arm length, so yeah, I basically just use dumbbells for everything.

The smith machine in my gym are also not perfectly vertical.
Sadly, they are angled in the opposite direction you'd want them to be for benching.

Literally just do both

Well, once you hit 2pl, most gyms don't have dumbbells big enough to do the job. You have no choice but to go back to barbell.

I am at an actual gym (read: not PF) and our dumbbells only go to 110. Those are freaky big and definitely interfere with ROM on incline and standard bench press.

are you telling me you dont use your core in EVERYTHING YOU DO THAT INVOLVES A COMPOUND LIFT? It's like you dont even want to be yolked brah

thats why you train with a partner
>not smash on the ground
a-are you a faggot? just throw them, my nigga, fuck it.

y-you know you can just do a 180 and do it right, huh?

No i like to train alone, because im not gay

Barbells are for real MEN, only wimps and twinks use the dumbbells.
lmao seen how short and little dumbbells are?!
If you want to make gains, better use the barbell, fellow anons.

Attached: 1491088470910.jpg (688x456, 41K)

>he doesn't use dumbbells that are huge due to their weight, which limits range of motion

dumbbells for dyels, my working weight is too heavy to get proper ROM

I wasn't going to weigh in because I didn't want to encourage this stupid thread, but there's a real lack of knowledge from dumbbell dickheads.

Dumbbells increase the risk of pectoral tear because it's inherently less stable under the same load. One arm can lose strength independently and fall past the intended range of motion, increasing risk of tear. If they don't fall that way, they could fall inwards and into your head, which I've seen before and there's people that pulled muscles just trying to get them to the floor after a failed rep.

The biggest problem is that most gyms only have babby weight dumbbells and the bigger ones limit the ROM so much you would be better off benching anyway. Stick to benching.

I've recently switched to dumbbells. I've spend so much goddamn time trying to get my bench setup right and there's always something that feels wrong and unsafe.
Dumbbells just feel more natural, I can move my hands and elbows freely around to where they feel comfortable.

homegym, i have only light dumbbells 2x20 kg
so barbell bp for me.

This right here.